What's new

C- Banana aka Banana Kush

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Yeah, man, throw up a terp profile of her - or put it in your albums and I'll come peep it. Be interesting to know specifically what is creating such a unique profile...

I think once you show some dried nug shots of her - I'll be able to discern whether or not it's what I cam across in '06.

I've pretty much accepted it wasn't actually "Monkey Paw" - but merely a MI native using a name that was familiar to memory and the area... I know, if you can imagine that happening in the canna world...hahahaha. ;)

Which honestly has mad it that much more difficult to track it down. Tell people you came across herb that smells such a way and they tend to look at you like you are joking or exaggerating...

I've just been patient in hoping ONE DAY...ONE DAY...I'd stumble across it again - or even something similar, ya know. But it's a rare one for certain.

dank.Frank

I'll see if I can pull up one of my old tests, if I can't find one I'll be sure to get another test done on this run.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I may pick up a clone of banana kush from a guy in my area. Suppose to smell like bananas. He got it from cali so I hope it's the one you have.

Nose: Absurdly loud, fresh baked banana bread
Yield: High

Does your BK grow tall?

iv been curious of the terpene profile as well. i have a banana puff thats pure banana on the nose and it comes thru in the flav. shits so unique!

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I may pick up a clone of banana kush from a guy in my area. Suppose to smell like bananas. He got it from cali so I hope it's the one you have.

Nose: Absurdly loud, fresh baked banana bread
Yield: High

Does your BK grow tall?

I have a feeling my particular cut is few and far between but if theres even a remote possibility its the same, you should try it out. Yes it grows tall both indoors and outdoors. It doesn't stretch too much, I think its a Indica dominant hybrid, but if you veg her out she gets big and very leggy. Still tight node spacing though. She kills it both indoors and out.

iv been curious of the terpene profile as well. i have a banana puff thats pure banana on the nose and it comes thru in the flav. shits so unique!

Yes indeed, I can't seem to find one from my past runs so I'll make sure to get a new one done at the lab when its finished.

I have a feeling my particular cut is few and far between but if theres even a remote possibility its the same, you should try it out. Yes it grows tall both indoors and outdoors. It doesn't stretch too much, I think its a Indica dominant hybrid, but if you veg her out she gets big and very leggy. Still tight node spacing though. She kills it both indoors and out.

Yes indeed, I can't seem to find one from my past runs so I'll make sure to get a new one done at the lab when its finished.

looks killer i was just talking about a banana cut over in you gg#4 thread dont let her go

browntrout

Veteran
I've read that JOTI's Blue god has some banana phenos, I don't know any others that sport this profile forms seed.

BT

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Love it... U killin it with the throwback makin a comeback. thought i had some pics to contribute , I just check my albums only go back to 2010 can't remember my old screen name but had some real nice pics of banana kush... I got raspberry kush goin now frosty as fuck smellin delicious I think a tray of banana next to a tray of the raz would be out of this world....

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
I've read that JOTI's Blue god has some banana phenos, I don't know any others that sport this profile forms seed.

BT

Interesting, never heard of it. If you can pull up any info I'd be interested to take a look.

Love it... U killin it with the throwback makin a comeback. thought i had some pics to contribute , I just check my albums only go back to 2010 can't remember my old screen name but had some real nice pics of banana kush... I got raspberry kush goin now frosty as fuck smellin delicious I think a tray of banana next to a tray of the raz would be out of this world....

Or a cross, Raspberry Banana :)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
thanks for making this thread about one of my favorite strains ever.. I've said it before, that earthy kushy banana flavor is ridiculous. and potent! Any cuts of this available anywhere?

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
thanks for making this thread about one of my favorite strains ever.. I've said it before, that earthy kushy banana flavor is ridiculous. and potent! Any cuts of this available anywhere?

Not that I know of. I don't really see much Banana out there, let alone the same cut/pheno as mine. I've come across a couple, but never this one. She's the best overall strain i've got, and ever will have I believe.

theJointedOne

Veteran
I used to get Banana Kush sacks in Berkeley maybe 7 or 8 years ago...Was nice, frosty, great flavor and smell. I found the high to be a bit weaker than some, but im not sure it was the same cut your rockin, obviously lol.

Thanks for sharing, she looks stellar

GSPfan

Veteran
Those buds are stunning man. Thanks for sharing. Does the banana scent come on during the cure or is it apparent the whole time?

Z

z-ro

There used to be a grower in Santa Rosa that was blowing up orgnkids banana kush a few years back, super frosty, banana doughy og smell, said they were getting 1.5 per 600 which for an og at the time was a monster yield. Haven't seen it in a while but I heard some was out there about 6 months ago.

TerpeneTom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was recently speaking to an associate at the hydroponic store about this specific aroma... Quite the demand it appears. I'm sick of these generic sweet strains, definitely seeking unique.

I know DNA/RP released strawberry banana genetics.

I get a pronounced banana aroma - somewhere between unripe and ripe, very mellow - with one of my ECSD S1 phenotypes. Got it off a stem rub and questioned my analysis because of the obscurity of this aroma, but it keeps on appearing after I am active around this specific pheno; too many variables to truly confirm at the moment.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm just sticking around for the dried shots to see how she looks when cured up a bit... ;)

**edit**

I want to see if she looks the same as the flowers I remember from '06....

dank.Frank

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Not quite. That looks a bit more like a Ghost OG type to me...(I'm assuming that is OrgnKid's Banana OG)

The flowers I came across labeled as "Monkey Paw" actually had a yellow hue to the flowers themselves. Hard to describe. It wasn't because the trichs had ambered and been over mature either - the flowers just weren't as green like the ones above...nor as fingered on the tips. Were more indica type flowers...chunky, golf ball type. I'm assuming it was more about how they were grown / dried than anything else - but the flowers really did LOOK more yellow, when dried, than green.

Not to bomb the thread with something completely unrealted...but when I say yellow flowers vs green - the only example I have to show something similar to "yellow" flowers, is this - and even these didn't dry the same as what I'm discussing. These dried more pale tan...

picture.php

But what you posted certainly looks killer either way. ;)

dank.Frank

Latest posts

Latest posts