What's new

By far and without a doubt, the least expensive conventional, synthetic fertilizers

Jabapc

I'm still with Jacks . works really well cheap and complete cant ask for much more. would still like to try some Si. any advice

A

ak-51

Those of you that are using Jack's Hydro with Calcium Nitrate, are you only running those two products, or do you supplement? If you supplement do you consider the extra products to be necessary due to a shortcoming off the Jack's combination, or do you just add for extra effect? (example: I would consider Cal-Mag+ to be the former, and Sweet or Boost to be the latter)

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I've found jack's to be lacking in Fe and S. And a little over the top on K.
I sup Fe and S and lower the jacks.

A

ak-51

Does anybody have a good source for AgSil 16H? Preferably one that does not sound like DankHydroNutes420.com?

I'm not sure the cost difference of AgSil 16H vs ProTekt is worth ordering it online.

SecondAttempt

I got my AgSil16H from customhydronutrients.com... Just put ship discretely in the comment box when ordering. Definitely worth the money, definitely discreet.

SecondAttempt

I diluted 150 grams into 1 gallon distilled water and I add that solution at 1-2 ml per gallon as needed. Shake well before using... 1 ml per gallon lifts my pH .2, super strong stuff, at the rate I use it should last for the rest of my life.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I was under the impression that a silicate product should not be used with Jacks+CalNit due to the already elevated levels of K in the mix. Additional K could cause lockout issues.

I've been using Jacks+CalNit in the 1/.67 ratio. Seems to be working great. Stays much cleaner and dissolves easier then the Maxibloom I was using previously.

Another poster warned me that the CalNit 15-0-0 that I purchased from Jacks will stain everything blue that it comes in contact with. My Jacks CalNit are like tiny blue dot granulars.

No biggie right, I'm super careful measuring it out.... ensuring I'm keeping everything sealed/clean/dry. Wrong! I must have gotten a single granular of calnit on my concrete floor. It proceeded to get wet, and now I've tracked it all over the place. Finding new blue botches everywhere.. and they are rather hard to clean up as if you wet them they only multiple.. It is almost as if a single blue dot has melted down into my concrete floor. Cleaning it up with a wet rag eventually works, but not very easily, I'm assuming because concrete is somewhat porous. As soon as I wipe it up.. it continues to bleed blue.

lol.. I've got a bucket here that I'll go through, but likely be looking for a better calnit source when in need again. Why does Jacks make their CalNit blue? Is most CalNit blue?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I was dosing by EC.. but only using a truncheon so I'm not sure I was "on point" enough.

I'd mix Jacks to .7 EC (or bouncing between .6-.8EC on my truncheon)... and then add CalNit until I reached 1.2EC.

By weight this worked out to a little different then the 1/.67 ratio... so in case there is any discrepancy I've recently started to measure by weight.

In 50 Gal I do 130g of Jacks + 86g of CalNit. To ensure everything is dissolving fully I'll dissolve these amounts in about 3.5 buckets of RO. The jacks will get kicked around by a small pump until its fully dissolved.. then I dump in my barrel. The CalNit I just stir a few times and let it sit. It dissolves fully easily without the use of a pump.. then I dump that into my barrel.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
is anyone running CO2 with a jacks regimen. i got a bigger place and am gonna be running a burner in a 400 sq ft area. is the standard 1.5ec good to go or should i bump it up around 1.8?

A

ak-51

I've found jack's to be lacking in Fe and S. And a little over the top on K.
I sup Fe and S and lower the jacks.
Can you give a more descriptive explanation of this? What kind of Fe and S do you use, and what are your application rates?

lol.. I've got a bucket here that I'll go through, but likely be looking for a better calnit source when in need again.
Is your only complaint the blue color?

is anyone running CO2 with a jacks regimen. i got a bigger place and am gonna be running a burner in a 400 sq ft area. is the standard 1.5ec good to go or should i bump it up around 1.8?
The 3 and 2 grams per gallon gets me to about 1.7ec and the plants don't seem to mind it at all. I am not running CO2. The wild card in there is the tap water I use. The truncheon reads it as the lowest ec which is .4. Could it be between .1 and .3, and the truncheon is just flashing .4 because it can't signal any lower? I don't know.

What are those programs/services that calculate dosage rates and such? I think one is called hydro buddy. Anybody use those? I am looking to get more involved in the exact amount of elements I am giving the plants.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Is your only complaint the blue color?

Yes - otherwise the CalNit from JR Peters is great. I normally toss around 86g into a 3 gallon bucket and give it a quick stir. I'll come back to it after dissolving my Jacks in a bucket using a pump, and the CalNit is completely dissolved. I then dump this concentrated bucket into my larger res.

Only complaint is that it's blue and one granular of it in the wrong place that gets wet and it is easily spread/tracked all over the place.

KnuckleDragger

Jack's was developed with the large scale hydro grower in mind. It makes it easy to tell if you've got a mix in your concentrate tanks which if you've got a couple of dozen big greenhouse's and several employees it makes it easier to tell if there's a mix in the tank. I know a grower who does roses and had an oopsie where a tank didn't get dosed properly and he almost lost $50,000 worth of roses.

maximum

Jack's was developed with the large scale hydro grower in mind. It makes it easy to tell if you've got a mix in your concentrate tanks which if you've got a couple of dozen big greenhouse's and several employees it makes it easier to tell if there's a mix in the tank. I know a grower who does roses and had an oopsie where a tank didn't get dosed properly and he almost lost $50,000 worth of roses.

Really great information.

highdensity

My last order of Jack's 5-12-26 does not have any blue dye in it. It stays clear when mixed. I like it that way, but I wonder if the factory made a mistake.