What's new

By far and without a doubt, the least expensive conventional, synthetic fertilizers

Azeotrope

Veteran
Does anyone here have any direct experience with the Hydro-Gro from Crop King? Just took a stab and ordered the 2.5lb deal that has 2.5lbs of 4.5-14-34 and 2.5lbs of CalNit. I would love to make my own from raw salts, but just need to keep stuff simple......... I can report that Jack's and Verti-Gro are very good if used correctly and they are easy. Verti-Gro is dead on 5.5 - 5.8ph with my tap and buffers really well over time, but I wanted to try something new.

So if anyone has used it are has some input on the Crop King throw it out there!

Regards and well wishes to all!!!

Edit: Jack's and Verti work well in coco, the Crop King Hydro-gro will get run in DWC. Gotta try something new to keep it fun!!!!!

BongRipkenJR.

Is there anybody actually growing medical grade, smooth, tasty, and stinky buds with this stuff? One gentleman said everything looked great, but smell and taste was a no go. Anybody that has had to deal with the pickiest dispensaries should speak about their experience as opposed to other nutes they have used.

Oh yeah, how would this work in coco? The K is so damn high in it!

Azeotrope

Veteran
Yes there are. Have run many very good Organic cycles before in dirt/soiless, coco and so forth. Don't notice a huge difference with DTW coco and salted nutes. One thing that is true for me is that I no longer have 600 square feet to work with! In 5sqft or so, it is hard to have a real good organic and really reap the potential. It just seems that a large body of rich, diverse and healthy/active medium is required. For me, stealth, simplicity and cleansliness are easier to maintain with coco or DWC.

If I had all the room I wanted, organic in a good mix it would be, but still, I can't tell a difference in quality.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Here is what Hydro-Gro (Crop King) sent me regarding their hydro nute. They say it tends to lower PH some but is not self buffering. I can handle the PH.

Total Nitrogen (N) ........................................................... 4.50%
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) ................................ 14.00%
Soluble Potash (K2O) ................................................... 34.00%
Magnesium (Mg) ............................................................ 3.77%
TRACE ELEMENTS
Boron (B) ................................................................. 300 mg/kg
Copper (Cu) ............................................................... 84 mg/kg
Iron (Fe) .................................................................. 900 mg/kg
Manganese (Mn) ...................................................... 740 mg/kg
Molybdenum (Mo) ...................................................... 50 mg/kg
Zinc (Zn) ................................................................. 275 mg/kg
Derived from: Potassium Nitrate, Mono Potassium Phosphate, Potassium
Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Chelated Iron (DTPA), Manganese,
Zinc and Copper Sulfates, Solubor, and Sodium Molybdate.

@ $19.50 for 2.5lbs of each it won't break the bank to try it!

Any thoughts from the experts? Yosemite?

Kind Regards!

BongRipkenJR.

Looks too high in the potash to be used in straight coco properly. Looks like a solid hydro nutrient no doubt. I couldn't bring myself to use salty ferts in soil though.

Azeotrope

Veteran
Not sure what you mean...... Just throwing out another super cheap nutrient option as this was the original intent of the thread. It was mentioned on the first page, but no one seems to have tried it. Looks to be just a bit cheaper than Jack's or Verti-gro. I'll let folks know how it works for me in DWC.

Crop King has been very responsive as I have asked them several ??s via email and they have responded quickly.

Hope this thread stays in view as I see so many folks dumping big $$$ on what amounts to pre-disolved nutes and they are paying for lots of water and shipping of H2O!!!!!

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Just wondering which of the Jacks Pro products would someone use that
was growing in soil? My buddy will be growing in pots and I'll be directly in
the ground. Thanks!

BongRipkenJR.

Just wondering which of the Jacks Pro products would someone use that
was growing in soil? My buddy will be growing in pots and I'll be directly in
the ground. Thanks!

Dont use it if you are doing soil outdoors. Just go with properly ammended soil and making sure your micro herd is doing its job. Compost and Guano teas on outdoor is an awesome way to go. Might want to scope the "growing large plants outdoors" thread.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Dont use it if you are doing soil outdoors.

What? Wrong. I'm looking for a powdered nute for my outdoor plants once all the ammendment is used up. AKA FLOWERING.

I am sick of buyin water. I have tons of the stuff. What I need is N-P-K and micros + silica and a few other things.

What is your experience with Jack's Pro?

BongRipkenJR.

My experience with salty ferts on outdoors is minimal as I learned my lesson the first time. I can tell you that you will have some of the nastiest burning buds using any sort of mineral fertilizer outdoor and in the quantities the plants need. I know not everyone is about medicinal quality weed, but despite the fact the mineral ferts will make outdoor look cool, it makes them weak and the finished product burns nasty even with heavy flushes. You should read about what mineral ferts do to a plants immune system. Growing with amended soil, guano teas, and compost teas will yield you healthy plants that have more of a chance of battling mites, mildews, and molds.

I can honestly say that as soon as I switched to all organic methods outdoors, I never saw a mite, mold, or mildew problem again. Maybe it was coincidence, but science seems to back it up too. Not trying to sound like a dick so please dont take it that way. I just hate smoking salty outdoor.

Avenger

Veteran
BongRipkenJR. said:
You should read about what mineral ferts do to a plants immune system.

Please do inform us what "mineral ferts" do to a plants immune system.

Kcar, the first thing you need to do is get a soil test. Then you can better ammend your soil and fertigate your crop.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
C'mon guys, this thread is about cheap synthetic fertilizers, not organic soil.
I've been growing for a long time and grow some awesome indoor and out.
My outdoor plants all end up eating their fans in the last 3 or 4 weeks of life,
trim, cure, smoke and taste great. Thanks!

All I was asking for was a little advice as to which of JR Peters products would be best
for outdoor flowering?

Avenger

Veteran
I was trying to point out that it depends on your soil as to what fert would be best for you. Over the course of the grow, if its alkaline then one with a good bit of ammonium nitrogen will be better, if its more acidic then one with more nitrate nitrogen would be better.

for flowering, their 10-30-20 would be good or if you want or need a higher K boost then their 9-18-36 along with some calcium nitrate would be the way to go. The 9-9-36 looks good to, its a bloom finishing product.

There is no 'one', that works best in all scenerios. Use them correctly, don't over apply them, and with proper soil building practices and you can have great bud with great soil for the next season.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I already have their calcium nitrate(25lb) so I would probably use that with the 9-9-36
is my guess...

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
I now have JR Peters Hydro and Calnit and I just got AgSil16H and M.O.S.T. + epsom
I've been using the 3g/2g method per gal, but would like to get a little more sophisticated.
I was looking at your HydroBuddy data and was wondering why you choose a lower EC for weeks 4,5,6?

Also, I hand water all my veg plants out of 1gal milk
bottles and was wondering what you thought for a veg formula.

Azeotrope

Veteran
These are 18days from seed. .40 teaspoons of Crop Kings Hydro Gro in tap water. CalNit and 4.5 - 14 - 34 at $19.95 U.S. + shipping for 2.5lbs of both. That is cheap! PH set to 5.8 with battery electrolyte (sulfuric acid). PH is very stable.

The clone in the middle is rooting way good but was taken late in flower and is reluctant to re-veg. It will and it better! It is a way crazy yielding, crazy potent, crazy stinky rotten fruity pheno of my JohnnyBlaze x SweetBlue.

Azeotrope

Veteran
These are Day 3 12/12 in my first ever DWC. Using uber cheap Crop-King Hydro-Gro nutes. I don't use anything except PH drops. PH is holding steady at 6 or just under. No pen, don't know EC or PPM..... Just 4teaspoons each part in 10 gallons. I use sulphuric acid for PH down and tap water. You can see I need to wipe up from some splashing around the plants when I have been in checking PH and adding to the rez. They are under 250w 3k GE CMH and a 150w 3.2k Venture Uni-Form Halide on an electronic ballast.

So far super cheap is making super happy plants. I have been trimming in veg. I normally don't but the DWC tub is tall, growth has been rapid and this strain ia way aggressive so I decided to take control.

At any rate these nutes were way cheap and we will see how the next 10 - 11wks go.........