What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buzzed by helicopter

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I like early maturing strains or autos!!! Almost got popped in the 80's....had several friends in the "big house" due to authorities finding their crop.

Hate that feeling or seeing copters pausing or buzzing lower and lower. UGH!

Luckily, my few photoperiods finished anywhere between 3-6 weeks ago.

Be careful all of you getting ready to harvest/pull up. Good vibes you are safe and sane this time of year.

igrowone

Veteran
I was able to harvest the gardens . It was all there.. I'm not Gna lie I actually took my time and got comfortable again in there..I didn't get any pics but happy just to get the plants out, and maintain my freedom in doing so. Everything is hanging now and I'll def get some pics during the trimming process And dry flower pics. Shiva is great, another successful season!! On a bad, possibly good note I uad some random pollinations and have already found a few beans!

congrats to you! betcha never forget the feeling of pulling this one off
here's a IOI i read in a local newspaper, and it's NY, more severe situation
a drug task force member stated that small 'personal' grows were being left alone
just the big stuff, where ever that line is drawn

They are hard assed about it here; I know someone who recently got charged for one plant.

Good the OP got his harvest; I think the fact that they didn't send ground forces in straight away is an indication they either didn't see them or didn't care.

Reminds me of one time I was watering one of my spots; I had a small gas powered pump which I would set down on the banks of a stream, and running from the stream to the grow was buried polythene piping, and at the grow a garden hose was attached to the end of the poly piping.

So it was a matter of connecting the pump to the buried piping, another section of piping attached to the pump at one end and the other end was in the stream.

So connect it up, start the pump up, and then walk to the grow and there would be water coming out of the garden hose.

So one summers day, standing in the grow, had about 8 Northern Lights from Sensi, all big plants, so standing there with the garden hose in my hand watering them, and then I hear that all to familiar sound that sends guerilla growers running for cover.

So dropped the hose and close by was a big tree, so hugged the tree, and a LE helicopter came flying along really low.

As they went past I had to move around to keep the tree between me and them.

But they just flew on, I mean flying that low is not normal for them if they are just flying from A to B, so were obviously up to something.

But got a harvest anyway.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
2006: chopper found 20 plants in the back yard of my neighbor, 5 miles away.

I wanted to do that, too. But, too many trees around the yard.
But the chopper did look at my yard...blew my TV antennae over with the prop wash :chin:

LostTribe

Premium user
I was able to harvest the gardens . It was all there.. I'm not Gna lie I actually took my time and got comfortable again in there..I didn't get any pics but happy just to get the plants out, and maintain my freedom in doing so. Everything is hanging now and I'll def get some pics during the trimming process And dry flower pics. Shiva is great, another successful season!! On a bad, possibly good note I uad some random pollinations and have already found a few beans!

Good to hear glad you made it out safely! Lets see some pics!