What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buzzed by helicopter

idiit

Veteran
My question is there like a procedure these eradication forces go through when doing their thing? Is anyone aware of this procedure.
leo pulls the entire plant. rippers take harvest, leave the remains. that's the best general rule on who got your crop.

leo likes to stake out on Fridays and Saturday morning. they pull Saturday afternoon. I've had over 10 gardens busted this way.

best time during the day is sunday morning, however it was on a sunday morning that I saw the dude with the badge around his neck so he violated my above general rule. this crop was not busted by local leo imo. it was state or dea. i've personally seen dea jackets in very very small outdoor gardens. local leo is pretty sloppy. the guys that busted and then harvested for themselves my crop were very skilled. I can tell the skill level of the surveillance via my prior experiences over the last 25 years.

I came back Tuesday morning and got my harvest of mature buds and came back a week after the hard freeze on like a Wednesday morning iirc.

i'm in se usa; hot, humid, skeeters, fire ants. the fire ants are by far the worst. local leo does not care enough about a few plants to go "full monty".

the federal agents and the federal cannabis prohibition laws are not logical. if they were logical cannabis would be legal to some degree everywhere.

the feds and state agents have quotas. big garden, small garden, fuck it. it's a notch on the belt. quota numbers for the statistics showing how they are protecting the children from "reefer madness". :)

I strongly suspect the dea has bonuses for any pilot (airplane, helicopter) that spots a patch. it saves them lots of effort, time, equiptment. it would definitely explain the over zealous aireal surveillance in my area.

St. Phatty

I used to water when there was just enough light to see your hands.
With trying to finish up by the time the sun broke the horizon.

You can get an awful lot of work done in that pre-dawn light.

Plus it's cooler in case you need to carry some heavier loads up a hill or something.

yahooman

so cops found your plants and you are still going to grow?then why did you even start this thread?
you might regret that decision later on......getting high isnt worth a chance to do prison time..... but to each their own

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When i was a young man possession of even a joint was a felony ... so im pretty sure ppl have been risking prison time through most of prohibition...

The Revolution

Veteran
leo pulls the entire plant. rippers take harvest, leave the remains. that's the best general rule on who got your crop.

leo likes to stake out on Fridays and Saturday morning. they pull Saturday afternoon. I've had over 10 gardens busted this way.

best time during the day is sunday morning, however it was on a sunday morning that I saw the dude with the badge around his neck so he violated my above general rule. this crop was not busted by local leo imo. it was state or dea. i've personally seen dea jackets in very very small outdoor gardens. local leo is pretty sloppy. the guys that busted and then harvested for themselves my crop were very skilled. I can tell the skill level of the surveillance via my prior experiences over the last 25 years.

I came back Tuesday morning and got my harvest of mature buds and came back a week after the hard freeze on like a Wednesday morning iirc.

i'm in se usa; hot, humid, skeeters, fire ants. the fire ants are by far the worst. local leo does not care enough about a few plants to go "full monty".

the federal agents and the federal cannabis prohibition laws are not logical. if they were logical cannabis would be legal to some degree everywhere.

the feds and state agents have quotas. big garden, small garden, fuck it. it's a notch on the belt. quota numbers for the statistics showing how they are protecting the children from "reefer madness". :)

I strongly suspect the dea has bonuses for any pilot (airplane, helicopter) that spots a patch. it saves them lots of effort, time, equiptment. it would definitely explain the over zealous aireal surveillance in my area.

Ive never been jacked by the cops to the best of my knowledge, always Rippers, or "friends" ripping me off...
Is it common for them to fly, spot them, and you're saying they're likely to come in on the weekend (sat or sun) and do the actual eradication?
You mentioned you've had about 10 gardens flattened by the fuckers.. Have you ever been questioned or printed? I understand the likely hood of them lifted a legible print from anything that has been outdoors for extended periods of time is very difficult thing to do.. Also the chances of a case being supported by a finger print on a tree pot is also unlikely as I would suspect they would have dozens of finger prints.. In your experiences how long have they usually left the plants be after spotting them?

I appreciate everything also brotha, your advice, experiences, and support!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I had the same thing happen a few years back. Was out in the plot, and a chopper came out of nowhere, and really low. He flew past me and the crop and turned around 300-400 yards away. He hovered in place for what seemed like forever.

I left the spot(watering jugs with me) and got in my vehicle. Drove away like a bat outta hell and ditched the watering jugs where I could come grab them later. Waited a good week before I decided to go back, and that was at night time. Plants were still there, and I got to harvest them.

Last year an older head I supply clones to, got flown over. They were back at his place within an hour, and took everything. He got a bullshit fine because of low plant count, and that was it.

The Revolution

Veteran
Crazy man.. Was your plot a good sized? Was it a legal grow or guerilla? When u talk about plant count, Im assuming your in a quasi-legal state?

I still need to up pot a cpl of the smaller plants that are still in their starter pots.. I plan to do this early one of these mornings, and than will remove everything but the plants. Once this is done Im just gna sit back and wait and pray they leave them alone.. I have so much time and money into this grow it's sickening to think about losing it all.. This is the largest grow Ive done to date, with the most varieties ever run at once.. I germed all of my oldest and rarest seed stock this spring/summer, in an attempt to create more seed and preserve these old varieties and share them with others. Also at some point, I will be going out to take cuttings of most everything to bring indoors to a different location. I need to find some kind of mask/disguise I can actually see out of in the dark/twilight also..

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Plot was small. First year in that spot. I used it for 3 years altogether(3rd year I pulled 30 lbs. from that spot) . I live in a illegal state. He had less than 100, so it was just the state boys who busted him. In my state they usually go by weight(at least that's how the law is worded), but they make exceptions and/or do things how they want all the time.

It helps a lot that where I am, it's clusters of small towns. So knowing the local judge comes in handy in situations like that one. All people ever get for outdoor plants is a slap on the wrist and a fine. The few times they have busted "large" outdoor grows, they didn't get anybody in the process.

yahooman

how small of a plot do you pull 30 elbows from?not saying it didnt happen,im asking advise!lol
i had a 12' x 12' and got 12,i was so proud of that....i want more,but im legal

WelderDan

Veteran
Yesterday I was in the garden when a black and white chopper buzzed nearby.. Im used to a lot of air traffic above, so I continued working while keeping a close eye on it. I heard it spin around and come back towards me when I took cover. The area is hidden well but at the time I had lots of stuff in the open as I was working. They came by a cpl times before I took off. Observing them they made a final pass very low almost immediately above the garden. Before taking off for good. Garden is not on my property, but is near adjacent. There's many ways to access area, with many neighbors nearby. Im absolutely shook as I went thru a great deal of work to plot, and hide the garden, and they seemed to have beelined right too it.

I left a lot of gardening materials in there, but have decided to not return, any time soon. Ive kept as close as an eye on the area as I can from a distance and have seen noone come or go in the last 24 hrs.
Id like to return to remove any kind of incrim evidence. I Immediately removed any items from the home. Illegal, and legal items that may tie me to the others at the location.
This happened to me several years back where it was buzzed by a chopper, than later by civiliar air patrol. I removed myself from the location, and didnt return until Nov. assuming the worst. When I returned in Nov. All of the plants were still there, and were harvested by myself. I obviously know I cannot return to the area. However Id like to remove the items in plain view, as theyre sticking out like a sore thumb right now to all air traffic. And perhaps be lucky enough again for the garden to go unscathed.
Perhaps its not large enough for them to get guys on the ground to eradicate it.. Perhaps it will be left alone but kept a watchful eye on through the rest of the season.. Perhaps they plan on placing cameras in the area in an effort of identifying whoever made the plot, and getting a prosecution..
To be honest, I wouldnt be heartbroken if it was taken and I was never tied or questioned about involvement. These are the possibilities going into this. I dont need any trouble, and am only trying to provide clean medicine for those in need.

Damn their laws, and oppression. I planned on producing enough medicine to last my family through the next year. 20% of the garden is near CBD only variety. I had a bad feeling yesterday while I was working, and I forgot to pray to Shiva..
Im confident in the next move, but am receptive of any advice.

That's a real bitch.

igrowone

Veteran
ah, the 'excitement' of outdoor growing
thinking about the helicopter stories posted here and else where
putting myself inside the pilot seat, and the outlook of a drug 'warrior'
it looks like the bulk of the time, they're just plain fucking with your head
they know they're creating fear, and they like it, also a good chance a small grower will abandon his grow
but no way to know for sure on a given grow

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I spent some time patrolling in a Helocopter..

I spent some time patrolling in a Helocopter..

ah, the 'excitement' of outdoor growing
thinking about the helicopter stories posted here and else where
putting myself inside the pilot seat, and the outlook of a drug 'warrior'
it looks like the bulk of the time, they're just plain fucking with your head
they know they're creating fear, and they like it, also a good chance a small grower will abandon his grow
but no way to know for sure on a given grow

At 1500ft you can see everything :party: at 500ft you can see people's faces

If they have optics height doesn't matter and you can see them at night

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
The evidence you leave behind includes bootprints. The shoes you wear going to and from the grow, shouldn't be in your possession if/when they search your residence and vehicle. If you have a long route you can stash them and swap footwear along the way. Avoid distinctive lug patterns.

FoothillFarming

At 1500ft you can see everything :party: at 500ft you can see people's faces

If they have optics height doesn't matter and you can see them at night

At 500ft I take off my shirt and start throwing bamboo sticks like natives. Run around into a tree and pretend I knocked myself out. Dudes might die laughing.

The Revolution

Veteran
The evidence you leave behind includes bootprints. The shoes you wear going to and from the grow, shouldn't be in your possession if/when they search your residence and vehicle. If you have a long route you can stash them and swap footwear along the way. Avoid distinctive lug patterns.

Already done. This must be my 14 or 15th outdoor, good tip on stashing them tho, except I have expensive boots..

The Revolution

Veteran
At 500ft I take off my shirt and start throwing bamboo sticks like natives. Run around into a tree and pretend I knocked myself out. Dudes might die laughing.

lmao :biggrin:

It was almost like they were most def trying to get a reaction out of me.. Which they did.. The second trip around I scurried outta there on all fours like some kinda wild animal.. Didnt want them to pick up my trail or follow me home.
I mean why havent they came to take it? Noone on the ground, noones been to that grow on foot but me.. Kinda got me stumped

Game cameras are everywhere. I hope you people out there that have the balls to grow are covering your face,and putting duct tape on the soles of your shoes. Footprints are circumstantial evidence. But the less evidence the better. They can also find evidence on any grow products that may help them trace where those items were bought and by who. Stay safe out there guys.

corky1968

Veteran

f20eA.png