What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buzzed by helicopter

shithawk420

Veteran
lol not many people can do all that work by themselves.it amazes me when people who grow indoors say "well you shoulda had more than 1 plot" like its no big deal.not saying you in particular but guerilla growing aint no joke.ive done what brown dirt warrior does and its a full time job and more.anyone who says different never did it by themselves.but i guess most people are semi legal now so its no big deal.well to some people it is a big deal.i love that pot growers in a bunch of states have more freedom.but a bunch of them are getting way to arrogant.most of them have never had a guerrilla grow.anyway sorry. rant over

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
They will wait till just before harvest if they going to pinch you. They know it hurts more then. Least, that's how they do it around here!

The Revolution

Veteran
I was thinking the same mojave.. They spot em, and thumbnail em. Not very often do they catch the grower in a guerilla grow, and they have a lot of money tied up in these eradication efforts. They want nothing more than a prosecution..
I was also thinking the otherday, they could easily fly in a drone and be sitting right on top of you without u ever knowing it.. IDK if u guys have ever played w them, or seen them fly, the newer ones are almost silent, and can hover over u without you ever noticing..

I picked up some trail cams today, I will be doing some counter surveillance, and also moving a few choice plants out of that location and far away. Ive put a lot of work into this garden, and there's some priceless rare genetics in there aswell.. if nothing else i want to be able to make the seed I intend to, in order to preserve some of these genetics. Im gna do what it takes, but Im not gna risk my freedom, to bring in this garden. This is what guerilla growing is all about. Im ready to play ball. It's straight stealth from here on out..

corky1968

Veteran
I read somewhere they need a warrant to use a drone over private property. Not that I trust those fuckers but it's good to know.

When things so by the book.

BTW: After an illegal fly-by with a drone. How hard is it for them to say an confidential informant told them about it?

geneva_sativa

there are often people in the community that are aware of operations taking place.

not sure of this town/area in particular, but there are often " hotspots " in the community where one can pick up usefulls information.

I know that keeping a low profile is important, but sometimes if one finds these " hotspots " useful infos is offered up, when a innocent question about the noisy helicopters in the area is thrown out there.

again, safety as numero uno an how comfortable you feel in your community

idiit

Veteran
I think the drones posts are right on. it's a no brainer for leo. you'll never even know they are there. they can get ultra low in spots where even a helicopter can't get down into.

I just lost a great garden yesterday. a very small person with small feet ( think illegal immigrant) pushed thru an entire area under power lines that was very fertile; very tall weeds. he tunneled his way thru the entire area without a machete ( no cut plants). it was like looking at above ground mole trails. :)

my area is saturated with undocumented illegal immigrants. they are tremendous scavengers. don't underestimate the impact of boots on the ground rippers. it is a very big risk here.

I snipped all of the plants. no more evidence. will come back in a couple of years and put in four more females. it's all part of the game. the most important thing is he didn't get rewarded for his efforts.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they only use copters here to verify reported patches before sending folks in on foot. the world is too big to overfly it all "just because". 90% or more patches here are turned in by folks that stumble over them picking blackberries while trespassing. most of the rest are growing on someone elses property & are found by landowners while working with their cows, scouting for deer etc.

baduy

you should go back there and put a blatant (fake)camera trap in your garden.
At least you'll get the satisfaction of knowing the little man is going to shit his pants when coming back for harvest.
By the way I used to grow at a time on a spot infested by angry wasps and horseflies. As a protection while going and working on site I wore a hat with a brim and left some mosqito net hang from the brim.
Those concerned with hiding their face from possible cameras should do this way too IMO.
I remember hearing of a guy who was training his dog to search for cannabis while walking him the street along private gardens in residential areas,what a piece of sh**.

idiit

Veteran
horseflies. :) they are wicked when they are determined. you gots to kill them 'cause they don't quit.

baduy

Yes,nasty creatures,they can trigger an allergic reaction too. last time I ended with an arm like Popeye. Still better than getting a harvest busted, they are a great deterrent against bipeds

The Revolution

Veteran
you should go back there and put a blatant (fake)camera trap in your garden.
At least you'll get the satisfaction of knowing the little man is going to shit his pants when coming back for harvest.
By the way I used to grow at a time on a spot infested by angry wasps and horseflies. As a protection while going and working on site I wore a hat with a brim and left some mosqito net hang from the brim.
Those concerned with hiding their face from possible cameras should do this way too IMO.
I remember hearing of a guy who was training his dog to search for cannabis while walking him the street along private gardens in residential areas,what a piece of sh**.

Im working on finding a spot hidden enuff to put a trail cam up. Its gta be done at night, and its gna be tricky. Ive barely worked up the nerve to go back into the plot. Still letting it cool down a bit.

corky1968

Veteran
Im working on finding a spot hidden enuff to put a trail cam up. Its gta be done at night, and its gna be tricky. Ive barely worked up the nerve to go back into the plot. Still letting it cool down a bit.

One of my brothers has one and hid the camera with lots of burlap.
Birch bark pieces were stuck to the burlap with waterproof silicone.
Just the lens is exposed and from far you can't tell what it really is.
He used plastic tie wraps to fasten it the tree.

redlaser

Veteran

good call on working at night, doesn't eliminate all of the opposition but most of it, in my opinion especially with your face obscured and an alibi,(fishing pole?) and a good dog can help as well with alerting you to others.
I'm not big on partner's but it sure is nice to be dropped off and picked up so you don't have to hide a vehicle.

My partner got our best spot compromised one year by being spotted on some RR tracks by a farmer. Three months later I'm visiting at daybreak to water and find one 8'x8' plant stomped into a pile flat like someone had a temper tantrum on it or something. There was a new pathway from that plant into a farmers field through nine foot weeds. It was late July, early August so nothing worth taking so I got out of there.
Couple days later I hear from a friend that he saw on the news a dea helicopter landing and taking down some plants by this power plant so we knew it was ours. They missed another much smaller plot though, and I went to both sites about mid October.
After midnight, in the rain, and with a night vision monocular.

Apologies to those who have heard that story before, probably told it twice before already.

When I went to the chopped site they had apparently piled the plants and burned them on the spot, leaving a couple four inch weed trunks that apparently wouldn't burn. This was in around '95 in the Midwest.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
lol not many people can do all that work by themselves.it amazes me when people who grow indoors say "well you shoulda had more than 1 plot" like its no big deal.not saying you in particular but guerilla growing aint no joke.ive done what brown dirt warrior does and its a full time job and more.anyone who says different never did it by themselves.but i guess most people are semi legal now so its no big deal.well to some people it is a big deal.i love that pot growers in a bunch of states have more freedom.but a bunch of them are getting way to arrogant.most of them have never had a guerrilla grow.anyway sorry. rant over

Meh, Its just part of the job...one isn't doing it correctly if they don't have at least 3 spots with the guerilla growing method.