What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Butane honey oil for dummies

Keefhead

Hashmasta-Kut said:
my sister made me glass ones. about 5mm. :)
:yoinks: Now, those are absolutely awesome. It'd be great to watch the butane flow and do it's thing. :yoinks: Man, if she ever goes in the business, tell her she's got a customer. :biglaugh: Hey, don't laugh, I meant that....

Beautiful glass there. Congratulations.

Keefhead

tainted said:
& yea tahts the pic...thanks keef..i like simple designs like that...

as to clearing/efficiency/yield...wait a day..gthen pump another can...there WILL be more..but doubt youre wrong either...must then be the thinner tube..takes AT LEAST two vects to near clear the above sized extrac...and i like doing a day a aprt...seem to get more...second pump just turns to gas out the end if i do it immedietly...i see waste...hmmm wish i knew more.. :sasmokin:

cheers/
Yeah, thats the old copper setup. It was what I knew at the time. Look back a bunch of posts to see what I did last time (excluding the junk I made today). Sure, I'm using better material now, but I've learned a LOT just reading and asking.

I wonder, I know nothing, but, if you took the material out of the tube and then rejpacked it, would you expose more trichs? Actually, I doubt it. Just a thought for you to ponder....

And ...
"kharmagurl flavoured palm palm tassles"
LOL

Dr.NO

Hashmasta those tubes are redic! I'd love to see a series of photos from a run through those.

G

I bet she would sell a grip of those glass tubes, wow, very nice hashmasta...

Can herb that was BHO'ed be reused? Smoked? I have thrown the last couple runs away, but I have friends who want it. Is there any residue left over? Has anyone smoked that stuff?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Lemme add another noob question :D

I want to run 2 tubes of material...can I let the butane sit in the pyrex while I go clean out and reload the tube? After running the second tube I'd like to purge both runs together....so how long can the "unpurged" tane sit in the dish?

Thanks guys :wave:

-VT- <<< BHO dummie

Keefhead

-VT- said:

I want to run 2 tubes of material...can I let the butane sit in the pyrex while I go clean out and reload the tube? After running the second tube I'd like to purge both runs together....so how long can the "unpurged" tane sit in the dish?

-VT- <<< BHO dummie
-VT- , I've done may runs where I run a tube, go into the house and reload, bring out a fresh tube and another can, and put it right on top of the old one. Sometimes it is almost purged since it's sitting in a bowl of hot water, but that's OK as far as I can tell.

Remember that shot of the really light BHO I showed? Well, that was 5 runs, reloaded each time with the same strain so as to not mix. It almost purged between runs, sometimes to the point that there was nothing but a thin film on the bottom.

It works great for me, and it feels good when I scrape all that much more.

At least, that's my experience...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Flamengo said:
I bet she would sell a grip of those glass tubes, wow, very nice hashmasta...

Can herb that was BHO'ed be reused? Smoked? I have thrown the last couple runs away, but I have friends who want it. Is there any residue left over? Has anyone smoked that stuff?

i'm no bho expert, but i don't think i'd want to smoke the stuff in the tube after a bho run. it smells of bho, that alone is off putting, but there shouldn't be anything in terms of active ingredients left after you have used your ground up bud for making bho. so there is really no point, not as far as i can see anyway.

peace out :bongsmi:

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
-VT- said:

-VT- <<< BHO dummie

yep, i do it all the time. Since i do my runs before putting it in hot water, i would say a dish sitting in the open air will take awhile to evaporate so you would have plenty of time to reload a tube.

As far as smoking what's left in tube..............hell no.

LEGI0N

Keefhead said:
:yoinks: Now, those are absolutely awesome. It'd be great to watch the butane flow and do it's thing. :yoinks: Man, if she ever goes in the business, tell her she's got a customer. :biglaugh: Hey, don't laugh, I meant that....

Beautiful glass there. Congratulations.

Done, how many do you want.. I'll have my friend crank them out. ;) If he can make this.. he can make that.. Shit, rent me some space with a kiln and I can make those all day long.. I'd be bored shitless but... lol

Last edited:

Keefhead

Here comes the flood of orders. We read that.....

If a roor costs $300+ dollars and all you can do is suck smoky fumes through it, a glass BHO tube should command real money. $50-75 comes to mind, but I don't know what's involved and if that is reasonable. Heh, I can just see a BHO tube with all the fancy colors, swirls, and marbles and the like on it.

LEGI0N

I talked to him, not a prob. I'll 'remind' him again later. So, about 12" and 1" round? I thinking a rim around the top so when I'm pushing the can down on top it wont slide out of my ovenmit hand. Know what I mean? Some marbles? lol

We're going to have to think of something for it though.. I like being able to have both endes open when cleaning it.. Hmm.. A cork? Food for thought..

I made this tonight! :D

8094H_oil.jpg

LEGI0N

BHO from some popcorn Shark Shock buds. I did it just like posted here only I let it set on the hood of my car for the last bit of cure. To me it was just warm enough. :D

I've take'n a few hits now.. nice, smooth, and I'm very high.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
LEGI0N said:
I talked to him, not a prob. I'll 'remind' him again later. So, about 12" and 1" round? I thinking a rim around the top so when I'm pushing the can down on top it wont slide out of my ovenmit hand. Know what I mean? Some marbles? lol

We're going to have to think of something for it though.. I like being able to have both endes open when cleaning it.. Hmm.. A cork? Food for thought..

I made this tonight! :D

naw you dont need a handle or marbles. its all good. hold barehanded too.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Did another trim run...

Did another trim run...

....think I'm ready for buds now :D Gonna run a 20+gram cola through soon as it finishes drying....and 2 tubes of popcorn....

Man this is a great way to smoke...smooth....and potent...the taste is unique....and the high is intense....expecially this c99 lol

Glass tubes would be awesome....

peace

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Does the oil made with butane have any taste of the butane when done being dried? Taste is important to me and I do not use lighters because to me they taste bad. I use wooden matches because they taste a little better, then gas lighters even if the matches do give a little smoke I don't like. I dont vaporize because it dont give a good sized hit in one bag the same amount of resin I smoke in a bong gives several bags each bag with several breaths. I like it all in one breath.
-SamS

Last edited:

Keefhead

-VT- said:
....think I'm ready for buds now :D Gonna run a 20+gram cola through soon as it finishes drying....and 2 tubes of popcorn....

Man this is a great way to smoke...smooth....and potent...the taste is unique....and the high is intense....expecially this c99 lol

peace
-VT- :wave: You're now getting a taste of some great BHO. I can tell, the picture looks very nice.

And I love what you did in the pic. "-VT-" . I'd like to do mine too, but it would take 20 runs to get enough BHO. LOLO

Anyway, congratulations on your run, and I really look forward to your WW bud run. Judging from your pics, it will be incredible.

Latest posts

Latest posts