What's new

Burmese - The Real Seed Company

Dentex

9 weeks 11/13 .Seems like 16-18 weeker .Nice resin production.

DSC_0514.JPG
DSC_0516.JPG
DSC_0521s.JPG

Dentex

@Dentex -- that structure is amazing!
She's got a long way to go, but the shape of her colas will be impressive, for sure.
Are there shades of pink in there?
Yes I like the structure a lot! Not really pink,maybe some purplish hues,maybe cause temps are on the low side.
How do you feed her at this point? Looks very healthy. Any aromas yet?
I feed with canna bioflores and biobizz cal mag. and some AN nirvana as well.
She does smell already,reminds me of the mango thai ,more mango than sour/spice on this one.

Tranquilidade

Yes I like the structure a lot! Not really pink,maybe some purplish hues,maybe cause temps are on the low side.

I feed with canna bioflores and biobizz cal mag. and some AN nirvana as well.
She does smell already,reminds me of the mango thai ,more mango than sour/spice on this one.
Do you feed every time and what EC/PPM?

alvin88

Drooling over here 🤤

How long did you veg that?? Also, pot size? The plant looks out of control, yet somehow manageable at the same time haha. I've been wondering which SE Asian to add to my next list. I'll be patiently awaiting your results, Dentex!

Dentex

Drooling over here 🤤

How long did you veg that?? Also, pot size? The plant looks out of control, yet somehow manageable at the same time haha. I've been wondering which SE Asian to add to my next list. I'll be patiently awaiting your results, Dentex!
Hello,it was flipped at about 5 weeks from seed.It is in 3,6 ltrs (1 gal) pot in peat/coco mix.It was topped once.I find this size very good for pure sativas indoors.
Damn that is a fine looking plant. Best hash I've ever smoked came from a Burmese plant, good luck mate, though it doesn't look like you need it...
Thank you,was it by any chance reeferman burmese ?

Tranquilidade

@Dentex 3.6ltr pots? That is an incredible result. I struggle with sativas in 5ltrs - going from excess N at pot up to deficiencies everywhere after the buds start to form. Was thinking of going to 10ltr pots but maybe I'll just rethink my feeding.
I’m struggling the same, still learning. @Dentex what temperatures do you have at day and night, also any comments on humidity?

Dentex

I’m struggling the same, still learning. @Dentex what temperatures do you have at day and night, also any comments on humidity?
Well that's a touchy subject hehe,in the last days temps were in the vicinity of 12-19 Celcious...I made some arrangements and I think I made it go around 15-22,I can't do much when it's too cold,but I believe she won't have issues finishing.It will surely lead to yellowing though if cold persists.

I generally aim for classic temp range,my room is really not very dialed,things are better in autumn and spring.I do think though that those types of plants are easier to grow with leds,at least at the first stage of growing/early flowering.I try to have high humidity,at least til the plants establish their roots firmly,after that there's not much stopping those wild types except some root restriction with small pots.

Herbert Chickybaby

I just wanted to say, I have not had any luck with my Burmese this year. I've been through about 7 attempts since August. 2-3 seeds never germinated, a few keeled over and died soon after germinating, two of them grew OK but one got hit with a splash of rain when still too young and died soon thereafter. Another I'm guessing was done in by birds, it was still only just working on its first set of leaves and I went out one morning and she'd just disappeared no trace of her at all. So that does it for me for this year with the Burmese. I'd still like to try and grow them next year. At least they were freebies from Real Seeds.

But not to worry. Some other SE Asian sativas I've planted are doing well though, I'll have pics before too long up on the site somewhere. Have a Real Seed Lao Gold started in August thats about 5 foot and showing its first flowers.

A Lao Sa I started in June which i posted pics of in the Ace Zenith thread has been a real interesting grow. He/She had so many male flowers I must have overlooked the female flowering signs he gave me and i took him for just a regular male. I let him grow just out of curiosity and because i was interested in getting seeds from him with the Honduras and Zamal Kali China which while incredibly short in height (not even 3 foot) is producing some nice buds which should be good to go as far as botryitis because its pretty much dried up and cooled off around here in Dyeland. The Honduras I harvested a month ago, it had no huge issues with rot and there should be a ton of seeds and it looks pretty good to smoke as well.

But as for the Lao Sa, about two weeks ago, I realized the male flowers were finished but that there was a ton of female flowering going on. It was kind of like it did a big run of male flowering first for 3-4 months and now it has switched over to a female flowering phase and there aren't anymore new male flowers breaking out. Maybe thats typical, but I never heard of that. I grew some hermy Thai sativas I picked up at a local market last year and the male flowers appeared after much female flowering and not so many, so that it was still mostly a female with about 10-20 percent male flowers. Kick ass pot anyway too despite herming, accidentally got really wrecked about three nights ago still pretty high most of the next day, curing for a year may have made a difference as well or maybe I hit a sweet spot of bud in the jar, dunno, but I'd gladly plant more of it and think i will, worth saving, unique smell and effect. But as for the dual stage flowering Lao Sa, I grew it during rainy season so its pretty much all trashed by powdery mildew and botryitis but theres a lot of newer bud growth that might be OK, its a tall plant too so I can't see whats exactly up there 14 feet up, maybe the upper buds are Ok.

Also, I've got two more Lao Sa, one thats about a month old and another thats two-three weeks along, very vigorous like the 14 footer, it grew very quickly from the get go, very fast germination everything as I guess you might expect from a mix of various genetic lines, from various farmers and regions in Laos as Lao Sa is. I've also got a two month old Lao Bokeo #2 from Real Seeds that is growing quite vigorously as well and showing clear signs of also being a female. Have a Highland Lao #4 that looks solid after three weeks and i have germinated an ACE Zenith which i think should be good and free from bud rot and other humidity issues. Also I finally seem to have got a Muang Singh off the ground, the so-called Akha Hilltribe strain. A ridiculous amount of weed if it all grows out as female. I got about a half kilo off the Honduras, not a ragingly plant, but decent, very basic all organic nutrients, so I suppose she either could have had more nutrients, or more sun (it was rainy season)...

RobFromTX

I just wanted to say, I have not had any luck with my Burmese this year. I've been through about 7 attempts since August. 2-3 seeds never germinated, a few keeled over and died soon after germinating, two of them grew OK but one got hit with a splash of rain when still too young and died soon thereafter. Another I'm guessing was done in by birds, it was still only just working on its first set of leaves and I went out one morning and she'd just disappeared no trace of her at all. So that does it for me for this year with the Burmese. I'd still like to try and grow them next year. At least they were freebies from Real Seeds.

But not to worry. Some other SE Asian sativas I've planted are doing well though, I'll have pics before too long up on the site somewhere. Have a Real Seed Lao Gold started in August thats about 5 foot and showing its first flowers.

A Lao Sa I started in June which i posted pics of in the Ace Zenith thread has been a real interesting grow. He/She had so many male flowers I must have overlooked the female flowering signs he gave me and i took him for just a regular male. I let him grow just out of curiosity and because i was interested in getting seeds from him with the Honduras and Zamal Kali China which while incredibly short in height (not even 3 foot) is producing some nice buds which should be good to go as far as botryitis because its pretty much dried up and cooled off around here in Dyeland. The Honduras I harvested a month ago, it had no huge issues with rot and there should be a ton of seeds and it looks pretty good to smoke as well.

But as for the Lao Sa, about two weeks ago, I realized the male flowers were finished but that there was a ton of female flowering going on. It was kind of like it did a big run of male flowering first for 3-4 months and now it has switched over to a female flowering phase and there aren't anymore new male flowers breaking out. Maybe thats typical, but I never heard of that. I grew some hermy Thai sativas I picked up at a local market last year and the male flowers appeared after much female flowering and not so many, so that it was still mostly a female with about 10-20 percent male flowers. Kick ass pot anyway too despite herming, accidentally got really wrecked about three nights ago still pretty high most of the next day, curing for a year may have made a difference as well or maybe I hit a sweet spot of bud in the jar, dunno, but I'd gladly plant more of it and think i will, worth saving, unique smell and effect. But as for the dual stage flowering Lao Sa, I grew it during rainy season so its pretty much all trashed by powdery mildew and botryitis but theres a lot of newer bud growth that might be OK, its a tall plant too so I can't see whats exactly up there 14 feet up, maybe the upper buds are Ok.

Also, I've got two more Lao Sa, one thats about a month old and another thats two-three weeks along, very vigorous like the 14 footer, it grew very quickly from the get go, very fast germination everything as I guess you might expect from a mix of various genetic lines, from various farmers and regions in Laos as Lao Sa is. I've also got a two month old Lao Bokeo #2 from Real Seeds that is growing quite vigorously as well and showing clear signs of also being a female. Have a Highland Lao #4 that looks solid after three weeks and i have germinated an ACE Zenith which i think should be good and free from bud rot and other humidity issues. Also I finally seem to have got a Muang Singh off the ground, the so-called Akha Hilltribe strain. A ridiculous amount of weed if it all grows out as female. I got about a half kilo off the Honduras, not a ragingly plant, but decent, very basic all organic nutrients, so I suppose she either could have had more nutrients, or more sun (it was rainy season)...

Damn man that's disheartening. I was really wanting to try the Burmese. May give it a go soon anyway

Dentex

@Dentex any tips on hanging height for leds? I keep getting light burn and it's killing my plants off, especially the sativas
I never had any issues with my cheap chinese quantum boards.When I see mag deficiency I move them a tad further,although that is rare with sativas.

13 weeks 11/13 .Strong Vietnam Black vibes on this one.Smells are a mix of what I remember from Viet black and Mango thai.Nice resin as well.

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

Herbert Chickybaby

Damn man that's disheartening. I was really wanting to try the Burmese. May give it a go soon anyway
People say they are often very large plants, even compared to other SE Asian sativas, the pot plant that ate Cincinatti it sounds like, so be sure to give 'em some room!

I would go right ahead, you know sometimes you just get unlucky. I don't think they were unusually difficult to grow or anything. Like I said a couple were doing just fine and then nature gave them a hard veto. Nevermind me, just look at what dentex has done with them just above on this page. I still got 4 seeds left so those phots make you think, oh no, I gotta plant those too, but today I discovered my Lao Sas planted themselves, 6 more Lao Sas are growing! Theres no way, outta room over here. I'll post pics of the self-planted Lao Sa's on the Information on RSC thread and show you guys, they're growing well too if not better than when I plant seeds.

Maybe I'll have to put up more rain plastic and plant the Burmese, weather is screwed up here now, weather warfare in my opinion not climate change, last February we had a mini rainy season, lots of Panaeolus cynascens popped up for two months though, tens of thousands of some of the most potent psychedelic mushrooms on earth. The proverbial "blue meanie" as they are known among the Anglophone mushroom cults of the present century. They grow in the wetter more humid parts of Texas as well, you nay be well familiar. They're the smaller but deadlier (as in potent, not posionous) ones than the cubensis.

But of course that nearly ruined some very nice auto-flower grows I had going, completely broad sided me in the middle of the night one night, the plants already heavy with buds having tipped over complete, bud saturated with mud. Ok, I know we won't cry for any auto-flowering plants around here.

Last edited: