What's new

Burmese - The Real Seed Company

johnny99

I'm in Isaan, lowland area of Thai, and I am so looking forward to planting my RSC Lao seeds. That Burmese was something I had a very good intuition about and it sounds great from these reports on this thread. I'm going to run a few in June, see if i can get lucky and not get too much botryitis etc and then more around August. Yeah going to run those Burmese, the Lao Golds, the Boleokamsai, maybe the Vientienes too a few of each in June and then select from those, whichever seems to do best and plant a bunch of one type in August. Thanks for the reports guys, it sounds like its going to be great fun, I'm psyched!
Awesome! The Burmese have a very high resistance to botrytis. Mine were stress tested under extreme humidity and wetness and only one plant out of very good number showed issues! Awesome that you're groing them outside in the tropics. Let us all know how it goes.

johnny99

Yes, quite sad what happened in Thailand/elsewhere with US putting economic pressure to make cannabis illegal there during the 70's. Thai stick had become a concern for the DEA back then. hehe Too strong.

Since the US is no longer punishing/cutting off funding to cannabis growing/exporting nations they now have dropped the cannabis is bad bullshit, with no one apologizing about arresting and harassing that they did all those years. Not to mention they were lying to their people about pot being very harmful for all that time, but that is common for governments, I think?

The old lines are hard to find in most countries and harder by the day. I expected Thailand to do what it is doing, and copy the US in the way it deals with pot and emphasize modern hybrids. Start with medical and then just say it is the same as beer/alcohol and tax the hell out of it either way.

The modern hybrids produce a fair amount of euphoria and are strong. The older lines in general are not as high in thc, terpenes, and do not look as good in terms of density and colors. An old Thai or similar line can produce an anxiety reaction with the very stimulating nature of the high. Less desire these days to trip out/sometimes freakout a bit and expand your awareness of yourself and the world, and more to mellow out and just feel good.

That Guerrero in the pic is from 1972 seed by way of Chimera. He mixed it with Blueberry but that plant I have is very much Guerrero, that is why I kept it. Back in the late 1970's, I welcomed the new hybrids grown here in California and mostly did not seek out intense and psychedelic lines at that time. I just wanted to chill out and feel good like most do now.
Yeah, it's such a shame. All the governments involved in this should themselves be 'taxed' and forced to pay reparations to anyone harmed by these insane policies.

Also, I hope people will regain their interest in trippy, intense highs. I think if even the average smoker got past the notion of 'bag appeal' and gave some of the old strains a chance, they'd find really worthwhile experiences there.

johnny99

No, and I would not expect them to apologize, and yes in all of the half dozen countries I have lived in, governments are like that, sociopaths and psychopaths will accept nothing less than being top of the food chain and claw their way to the top of coporate and govenment structures, so as long as people refuse to grow up and feel they need mommy and daddy in the form of a government, yes we will have these guys going on their rampages with impunity and without an iota of compunction is how I see it.

Yes, I have an old friend who lives in Colombia, it sounds like Thailand, they want their modern hybrids there too and government sounds like they are getting very meddlesome with seeds and genetics and making it illegal to make your own seeds unless you get a license and I can't imagine they are being too generous with those. Some kind of total lunacy will go down here eventually too with regards to that. I read somewhere they have appointed some old fussbudget the office of cannabis control, someone who has never even seen a bag of ganja except under the glare of commitee room florescent bulb buzzing away. The governent is full of these bitter Chinese-Thai old spinstresses who wear clothing straight out of the 1940's complete with dusty wigs with 1940's cabinet dust. I worked for a nuber of years in government univeristis and know the mindest, ridiculously insular, to the point of totally delusional. Its like working for the Mad Hatter working in a university office re-writing their researc papers for them etc. Anyway, the new commisionr or whatever she is Apparently she has come out with the proclaimation that she will tax all countries' incoming ganja products extra if they contain any Thai genetics, that these countries must pay for what they have taken from Thailand. These are the same kinds of geniuses who propose that tourists be required to wear bracelets at all times with wifi connnection to police computer networks so that they can be protected at all times and monitored as to their whereabouts. Thankfully they rarely follow through with any of it, so it is all just top level entertainment in the end.

ANd, yeah, OK, yeah, I am from Los Angeles area and also lived in the bay area for nearly two decades, I am pretty sure that my dad used to grow stuff in our basement that was Mexican, he didn't care what it was, but remember a remark from his buddy who supplied him with seeds that he was getting them from Mexican plants. That was the first stuff I ever smoked and like people say about Mexican it really gave you the giggles and we were crazy teenagers who enjoyed the paranoia of the Colombian we would get too. We were always paranoid about the weed itself too and it was this kind of black humor we would engage in based on that paranoia where we would act like we knew it was just fucking pcp or embalming fluid laced crap and that that was why we would sometimes kind of reak out on the stuff and we'd say, "Yeah, hey man lets get dusted! Lets smoke some of that sherm!" I half believed thats maybe what the paranoia was coming from. But no that sounds more alarming and serious than it was, we just liked making ucked up shit up and laughing about it it was just fun in the end.

I grew some Thai this year that is turning out to be a very euphoric variety as it finishes curing, zero paranoia, yeah its very nice, and there is enough psychedelia to it that it is not boring. I don't know what kind of Thai it is, we just got seedlings in the local market off of a farmer for few bucks each. They hermied but it still came out very well, I can't wait to try some of it that is female, grown out with more care. I smoked som e the other night and had a very good body high an felt very happy. I woke up the next morning feeling even more blissed out, maybe it was something I ate I dont know, hahah, I'll see what happens maybe tonight f I get a chance to sit down and smoke, it was a little too good to be true from some half baked hermy grow i did.
BTW, your unknown Thai, what does it smell like?

Herbert Chickybaby

Awesome! The Burmese have a very high resistance to botrytis. Mine were stress tested under extreme humidity and wetness and only one plant out of very good number showed issues! Awesome that you're groing them outside in the tropics. Let us all know how it goes.
Yes, I'll show you guys what I end up with. They should do OK here I think. We are not in the highlands, so it might be a bit hotter here, it will interesting to see how it works out anyway.

Herbert Chickybaby

BTW, your unknown Thai, what does it smell like?
It is now in my curing bottle a generic fruit smell, it was that plus a bitter cologne, some incense, I can't quite recall now, but I remember being very impressed as I was cutting my plants down that here were 4 distinct levels of smell, the bitter cologne smell in the very front in the foreground and the fruit smells behind that and some incensey smells, seems there was some grapefruit that was separate from the mango/sweet fruit smell.

Herbert Chickybaby

Yeah, it's such a shame. All the governments involved in this should themselves be 'taxed' and forced to pay reparations to anyone harmed by these insane policies.

Also, I hope people will regain their interest in trippy, intense highs. I think if even the average smoker got past the notion of 'bag appeal' and gave some of the old strains a chance, they'd find really worthwhile experiences there.
Yes, I agree, I think given a chance, many people could graduate to the older landrace and heirloom strains and new ones that come directly from them. Many people, I would guess, are only goin gto be dazzled for so long by nice looking buds.

Herbert Chickybaby

Yes, that's clearly a hybrid. The RSC Burmese looks nothing like this: the plants are uncontrollably tall with moderate to ultra-narrow leaves and a massive stretch.
How tall? 9-10 meters? I think I read some where the best Vietnamese being grown during the war there were insanely tall about 10 meters. I think it was the Dalat pot forests they said, because the plants were so tall.

Last edited:

OldCoolSativa

I got a couple packs of RSC's Burmese a few weeks ago and popped a couple, of which one came up (I've been having germ problems lately). This one is just a couple weeks old and went into flower a few days ago. It's already a beast, and will clearly outgrow everything else in the tent. It also doesn't seem to mind the somewhat hot soil I'm using that has too much N for the hazes.
F03 Burmese.jpg

OldCoolSativa

The one Burmese plant I started was a male, and he was a beast. Massive fan leaves only two weeks into flower. Nothing distinct or unusual on the stem rub. No place or room to flower a male so he is being culled. Impressive vigor for sure.

OK, the image upload seems to be working now. Here he is, front and center. A few Holy Hannh plants in the back.

F17 Burmese male.jpg

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0125.JPG

So the ILE Burmese is in front in the black pot. It has small somewhat narrow leaves now, so I think it is a sativa, maybe pure? Effect is a bit stony or fuzzy, but very sativa or up at the same time. I am guessing the RSC Burmese is the same as this.

My earlier pic was wide leaves in veg. I see the same look with OldCoolSativa plant above. The effect is sativa but not nerve jarring as some are. Bit of a fuzzy feeling.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am going to chop the Burmese this week so almost 3 months in flower. Going to try to get a clone of a plant as I really like this strain.

Chickybaby, I miss that guy. He made a boring Lakers game bearable to watch. He was a bit of a ego maniac but funny and knew what was going on. I wonder how he would call games today. He would comment if a player dribbled between his legs with, 'He dribbles between his legs for no reason'.

They dribble between their legs every time they come down the court now it seems. hehe I thought that avatar pic looked a bit like him and with that name I looked it up on google.

"The game's in the refrigerator, the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the jello's jiggling."

Herbert Chickybaby

I am going to chop the Burmese this week so almost 3 months in flower. Going to try to get a clone of a plant as I really like this strain.

Chickybaby, I miss that guy. He made a boring Lakers game bearable to watch. He was a bit of a ego maniac but funny and knew what was going on. I wonder how he would call games today. He would comment if a player dribbled between his legs with, 'He dribbles between his legs for no reason'.

They dribble between their legs every time they come down the court now it seems. hehe I thought that avatar pic looked a bit like him and with that name I looked it up on google.

"The game's in the refrigerator, the door's closed, the light's out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard and the jello's jiggling."
Yes, my avatar pic is indeed Chick Hearn. It was a photo taken at a record release party or a rap album Chicky baby cut. I was kind of blown away by that because I had a band back in the 80's and our gigs were oten at clubs that featured punk bands so we did a hard core punk song to take the piss out of half the audience whch were teenage boys with pendletons tied around their waists, constuction work boots, and a jar head buzz cut who'd go to shows to beat people up and generally wreak havoc more than to enjoy music or drinking and socializing or what have you. It struck me as very sports like what they were into, so I did an improv Chick Hearn to commment on them when we'd get bothered by them, we'd break into that song and I'd start rapid fire narrating their moshpit antics and makin fun of them. Reminded me a lot of roller derby which was another Chick Hearn era thing. But yeah, he's far and above the best sports caster and I've listened to my far share of them even UK Premier League, Chick was even wittier and edgier than those guys.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
100_0158.JPG

100_0159.JPG

100_0168.JPG

These are two ILE Burma Mong Hsat plants after 86 days flower. One of the plants turned purple or bluish and the other two did not. I favored the regular colored one and am trying to reveg it now. Both are good though.

Fuzzy effect but sativa and energetic without being anxious. Real nice.
100_0170.JPG

Herbert Chickybaby

100_0158.JPG

100_0159.JPG

100_0168.JPG

These are two ILE Burma Mong Hsat plants after 86 days flower. One of the plants turned purple or bluish and the other two did not. I favored the regular colored one and am trying to reveg it now. Both are good though.

Fuzzy effect but sativa and energetic without being anxious. Real nice.
100_0170.JPG
Thanks so much Mr. Yessum for posting these pics and sharing your impressions regarding Burmese. I'm going to hold off till August to start growing mine outside. I'm guessing yours are still growing, so i hope you post some pics at later stages. Those look pretty trichomy, and purply, very cool!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I chopped all the plants but am revegging one. Those are are the harvested plants in the photos. Real nice high as I said. I am guessing this ILE line is the same as the RSC line.