picture.php

picture.php

Jack Creek Day 13 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Found the pics I accidentally skipped over them when I uploaded the pics the first time.

Sugar Kush Day 13 12/12

album.php
picture.php

album.php
picture.php

Thats all folks.

Penguin59

Still looking very very nice BT!

The Chemmy Jones 1 is still my favourite and the Lavenders look fantastic too but then again I'm a sucker for fat indica leaves haha.

CJ1 might be a three or four weeker to show sex by the looks of things. I'm looking forward to seeing the CJ2 take off outside too!

You've probably answered this question previously but how long into flower do you keep pinching the stems to control their height?

Penguin

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually dont pinch stems to control height but I pinch stems when I have untopped plants growing wit no LST and when they are stretching like crazy and getting away from the group. I only pinched the stretchiest plants this run and I am pretty sure I wont have to pinch anymore the main stretch is over for the most part by now. I only pinched them I think 2 separate days and its been several days since last pinching.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I forgot to post that CJ1 showed sex last night after 14 days 12/12. She is a female.

No update pics yet not much happening.

edit: except this one I uploaded the same pic twice on accident last update

This was Jack Creek Day 13 12/12

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I lied I guess there is an update. Tomorrow starts day 1 12/12 for these two.

I transplanted one of the Purple Kush clones to 1/2 gallon grow bag of straight FFOF nothing added to it. I was surprised to see the amount of roots only 2 weeks ago it was just starting to root.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I was going to go 12/12 from seed with this RP Purple Wreck Fem (Purple Urkle x Trainwreck). I couldnt quite bring myself to do it had to let it get a few days of veg so its been about 4.5 days of 24/0 veg since seed when first 12 hour night hits it. I waited to see two sets of real leaves starting so it should be good to go as a little experiment of almost 12/12 from seed.

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally finished the veg tent and cut a piece of plywood to go on top of flowering tent and under veg tent for a flat bottom and keep the weight off the canvas top on the tent below. Mostly to provide a level flat floor to work with. Huge improvement I had a scrap half sheet of plywood around so I didnt have to go out and buy it too.

The zipper I used is made of cloth and is much easier to work with and higher quality than the blue plastic zippers I have seen more of and used before. Cut 5 relief cuts per curve so I could bend the zipper where it makes the turns on the bottom sides. I fold the flap up and lay it on top when it is zipped open. Simple and easy.

You can cheaply and easily make any size tent or frame out a whole room with panda film and 2x4s or 2x2s and a zipper or two. Add some light and exhaust and your good to go.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

album.php

Love the veg space, our set ups are very similar. I have the same tent but it sits on top of a veg cab I made. How much vertical space do you have for veg?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice setup, looking forward to seeing this round!

How did you attach the zipper?

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
im with blynx on that too. that zipper looks good on there man id love to know were abouts u picked em up at (i.e. artstore, sowing store, exc)

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really love this setup bueno ;)
And it keeps getting better and better...!
kudos grower!

Thanks

Love the veg space, our set ups are very similar. I have the same tent but it sits on top of a veg cab I made. How much vertical space do you have for veg?

Sounds awesome man. The veg tent is 2ft tall. Usable height 18"-20" max since there is a 2x2 (1.5") up top the light is hung from on hooks. And then subtract a few inches for the light.

Nice setup, looking forward to seeing this round!

How did you attach the zipper?

Thanks man glad to see you in my grow thread. The zipper is adhesive backed you peel the back off and stick it on then unzip and cut the panda along the middle of the zipper.

im with blynx on that too. that zipper looks good on there man id love to know were abouts u picked em up at (i.e. artstore, sowing store, exc)

Got the zipper on eBay HTGsupply, highly recommend that store. Great prices and fast shipping plus they gave me a free 12 oz foam coozie and a lighter/bottle opener. :woohoo:

This one is the cloth style not the plastic which I have used before and this cloth one is alot nicer quality and blocks light a bit better too. The plastic ones are blue too but the zipper and the middle section is white.

I mostly got the cloth one on purpose to try out a different brand zipper but also since I knew I would be making bends/curves I thought the cloth would flex better than the plastic ones.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have a little bad news though guys I thought I had a few fungus gnats flying around so I didnt think much of it. Upon further investigation and research they are ROOT APHIDS! FUCK! Did alot of research today about them devil spawn and I guess they are SUPER hard to get rid of.

Alot of the chemicals that actually kill these guys like Imidacloprid are systemic meaning you water it in and the roots take it up and it goes throughout the plant and stays in the plant for quite a long time I have read 45-60days or more so no go in flowering but ok for mothers or vegging plants that wont be flowered and harvested for a good 2 months.

I hope it doesnt come to that point but I am taking it one step at a time. I am taking measures to limit the population. Spraying any I see crawling or flying around with Organocide, letting the medium completely dry out before watering again will help limit populations, as well as not fully saturating the medium when watering so it drys out faster and more completely between waterings, and also watering with shitloads of beneficial bacteria and fungi of different varieties helps counteract the root damage and promote new root growth, health, and nutrient uptake of the undamaged root mass.

I think we will be ok tho hopefully. Only time will tell.

Messed up part is some of the clones had spider mites on them and thrips and I have eliminated them with Organocide applied 4 times over the course of 2-3 weeks. Everyone bitches about spider mites but those fuckers were easier to get rid of then the root aphids are...

But everything is going ok still for now hopefully they dont get super out of control and my fan leaves dont start dieing off on me. Im sure we will make it to harvest hopefully without a large decrease in yeild.

I put a Purple Kush clone and a Purple Wreck fem in the tent to flower, today was day 3 12/12 for them. They are in the middle so you cant see them in these pics. The day 21 or 3 week update will have individual pics of the plants again.

The Jack Creek is getting the piney haze smell already that the Jack Herer has. The Blackberry Kush is smelling like fucking candy and has purple calyxes starting to develop already! All of them are looking nice though. The White, Blackberry Kush, and the Lavenders have the biggest main buds so far. Sugar Kush looks like its going to yield well since it was the only one I topped early in veg so it has more tops.

Day 18 3 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not to scare you guys tho just letting you know the situation.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres a pic of root aphids in the crawling and flying stage.

images

Heres a little more info on the Root Aphids often mistaken for Fungus Gnats.

picture.php

picture.php

The fungus gnat has a distinct seperation between the thorax and the abdomen also the wings do not extend beyond the length of the body. Fungus gnats have lighter colored legs and abdomen almost more of a clearish brown with a black head/thorax.

Root Aphids in the adult winged stage are all black body and legs with a merged throax and abdomen and the wings extend beyond the end of their body.

The photos above show those characteristics very well. Thank you whoever posted those pictures first.

One other thing is fungus gnats when they see you coming for them they will attempt to take off and evade you whereas the root aphids are not scared you can smash them where they sit even most of the fliers wont fly away when you go to kill them which is odd. Fungus gnats are weaker fliers than the root aphids too possibly due to wing length.

Here is what root aphids look like at various stages of life. They almost look like tiny ticks or crablike in a way in the crawling stages of life.

corn_root_aphid.gif

Also these bastards only require 1 to reproduce they dont need male and female pairs they give birth to several live babys a day. The adult winged root aphids lay eggs. They say that when you see "fliers" that its getting bad because some start developing wings to go out in search of more food and spread the colony. They lay eggs in the other containers and then those grow up and poop out clones of themselves and so on.

Ive seen some pretty sick infestations today during my research if you want go on youtube and type in root aphids hydroponics and you can see some reservoirs and net pots and roots just COVERED in these things its insane!

Enough of the root aphids for today though I dont want to have nightmares about them tonight lol

Anyone else who has had these little evil things feel free to throw your 2 cents in.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres a little about the zippers type in the search box on ebay "grow tent zipper" you will get a bunch of results.

These are the cloth ones.
Tarp_Zip_Up_Gallery.jpg

These blue and white and the black ones are both plastic same material different colors. The black is not 100% light proof like the name lite tite would insinuate but no zipper is 100% light proof or light tight.

$(KGrHqV,!iUE7FnbON!rBOywPNuuN!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJHJEcE+R7)outfBQJ(iIFpOw~~60_35.JPG

Penguin59

Hey Bueno Time,

Shock horror mate! Was sorry to hear the bad news about the aphids but your plants are still looking mighty healthy and strong so here's hoping that no more serious damage comes. I'm sure you'll be giving them enough attention to ward off the little devils though!

Really psyched to see that veg tent all set up and ready to pump out some more clones and also glad that you could add some more girls to the 12/12 tent.

Have you had a chance to check on that CJ2 outside yet?

Penguin

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bueno Time,

Shock horror mate! Was sorry to hear the bad news about the aphids but your plants are still looking mighty healthy and strong so here's hoping that no more serious damage comes. I'm sure you'll be giving them enough attention to ward off the little devils though!

Really psyched to see that veg tent all set up and ready to pump out some more clones and also glad that you could add some more girls to the 12/12 tent.

Have you had a chance to check on that CJ2 outside yet?

Penguin

Ya I have been taking care of it still it is just in the back yard here. It doesnt look as pretty anymore theres some leaves crickets have decided to start eating off of. Wasnt sure what was eating on the leaves but I went out to water it one night and caught one on the leaf eating so now I know they are crickets. Its getting pretty tall probably 3ft tall from the ground (I buried the grow bag in the ground). Should be able to harvest pollen in a week I hope. I think its so tall because it only gets direct sun for maybe 3 hours a day and partial sun for a bit longer than that. Theres a ~7ft wall on east side and a ~7ft tall bush on the west side of it. So sun is blocked alot of the day but keeps it out of prying eyes.

CJ2 Day 19 Flowering

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to water tonight so I figured close enough to 3 week update we will do it at day early on day 20 12/12.

Jack Creek Day 20

picture.php

picture.php

Sugar Kush Day 20

picture.php

picture.php