What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buenos NEW 150w HPS Tent Grow

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has been a few months since I last had a grow going. I have moved to a new place and have to go micro again... :comfort:

I bought a small tent since it was cheaper than building a new cab and also easier to put up and take down if need be and I can more easily keep it for future use in a small box that it came in which I cant do with a large wooden cab like my old one.

The tent measure 18" deep x 30" wide x 36" tall so roughly 3.75 sq feet with the 150w HPS that gives me only 40 watts per sq foot but that isnt too bad for now until the temps go down a bit then I can add a couple cfls.

Here is a pic of the tent in the closet.
picture.php

Central a/c is set at 75 so that is the ambient temp and tent runs at 83-85ish which is a little hotter than I would like but its not too bad plants are super healthy and happy right now just wont get quite as dense buds but hell free smoke is hard to argue with anyway IMO.

I am using my old Sunsystem 150 HPS I remote ballasted.

I am also using my 80cfm Panasonic Whisper (FV-08VKS2) that I had from last 150 cab I had built.

The Bulenath style carbon scrubber I used last time that didnt work well in mid to late flowering as far as odor control and made the fan sound like a jet airplane.

This time I went with a 4" can style carbon filter that measures 8" diameter x 18" long with a 2" thick layer of carbon and it is designed for far more cfm than the panasonic fan is rated at to help with air flow efficency since I have the fan blowing through the filter and also the Panasonic fan I have has some sort of back pressure monitoring system (no clue how it works but it does) that when there is resistance either before or after the blower it speeds the motor rpm up to maintain cfm and has a little switch to set it at 30 40 50 60 70 or max cfm which is sweet. It is set at max cfm and is damn near silent which is super stealth and I love it! It is so much better and quieter than the other scrubber I had in the old cab.

Here is a pic of the fan/filter setup I have a 6" air duct connected to the intake of the fan which mates up perfectly to the 6" duct location on the tent.
picture.php

And a pic of the 6" exhaust inlet duct.
picture.php

And a pic of where the exhaust fan/filter sits next to the tent.
picture.php

And a picture of what it looks like where it is in its half of the closet.
picture.php

Those cords coming out of the front zipper wont be there long term thats only temporary since I was too lazy to pull the tent forward from the wall and route the cords for the fans through the spots on the back that the ballast to socket cord is running though. Since I am waiting on some 120mm PC/server fans to come in the mail which will be what is used long term in there.

Pics of the plants to follow...

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres what it looks like when the lights are on in the tent. This half of the closet is open to allow fresh air into the closet and the a/c to keep it cool in there.
picture.php

And here is the intake duct for the tent. Strategically positioned to take in fresh cool air.
picture.php

Its pretty damn stealth you cant tell there is anything in the closet that shouldnt be in there... :)

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And the part everyone wants to see.

Strains this round are G13 Labs Pineapple Express and Blueberry Gum both feminized freebies. And Connoisseur Genetics Cheese n Chaze (Exodus Cheese x SSSDH (ojds cut)) and Chemmy Jones (Casey Jones (truecannabliss cut) x Chemdog) both are regular non feminized.

Pineapple Express (left) day 9 from seed and Blueberry Gum (right) day 7 from seed
picture.php

Pineapple Day 19 BBG Day 17 CJ CC Day 1
picture.php

PE Day 22 BBG Day 20 CJ CC Day 4
picture.php

picture.php

PE Day 30 BBG Day 28 CJ CC Day 12
picture.php

PE Day 30 BBG Day 28
picture.php

CJ CC Day 12
picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And finally up to date with some pics from earlier today 3 days 12/12.

Pineapple Express top left, Blueberry Gum top right, Cheese n Chaze bottom left, and Chemmy Jones bottom right
picture.php

Pineapple Express
picture.php

Blueberry Gum
picture.php

Cheese n Chaze
picture.php

Chemmy Jones
picture.php

And a pic of them in the tent under the 150
picture.php

The CSG strains are regulars n the G13 Labs strains are fems so I plan with any males to put them outdoor to continue flowering and collect pollen and do some selective pollenation of some lower buds on each female to make some beans for possible future use or to give away.

I would have liked to veg the CSGs longer but they ended up going into 12/12 with the others since those were ready and I have no seperate veg room right now but not a big deal really. I have two pineapple express clones rooted and vegging under cfls and will most likely put them in once they are bigger to take up the empty space when/if the male(s) are removed.

Thats all for now I think but more updates will follow for sure it only gets better from here on out and I cant wait... :)

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The two big females are in 3 gallon pots and the two smaller unsexed plants are in 2 gal bags about 2/3 full.

I use FFOF with added perlite, dolomite lime, and the rest of my worm castings I had left over from last run. For nutes I have Alaska Fish Fert 5-1-1, Fox Farms Big Bloom, Neptunes Harvest (NH) Seaweed 0-0-1, NH Fish/Seaweed 2-3-1, NH Fish 2-4-1, Blue Mountain Organics Super Plant Tonic (BMO SPT), Sunleaves Jamaican High P Bat Guano, and blackstrap molasses. I dont use them all at once obviously and some I rarely/barely use. Strictly organic grow with RO water.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice. Looks good!

Edit: Do you find 80 cfm is enough?

It seems to do ok. The tent is 11.25 cubic feet before anything goes inside of it (less with pots n stuff inside). So with 80cfm air is replaced theoretically 7x per minute and if I was getting only 40cfm from the fan it would be replacing the air 3.5x per minute in the tent. I am sure its getting close to if not the full 80cfm so it exchanges the air pretty well I guess. It is very quiet especially with one half of the closet slid shut it is quieter than my computer tower.

The tent runs about 8 degrees over ambient so not too bad. Ambient temps are 75 so it runs about 83 degrees inside the tent. This is bare bulb 150 with a pc fan blowing over the bulb. I havent found it necessary to put my bake a round cooltube in there though I am sure it would decrease the temps by a good 3+ degrees but it would also decrease lumen output by ~10% so its kinda a horse a piece.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update time some pics from yesterday after 5 days of 12/12.

First up is the Blueberry Gum
picture.php

picture.php

Pineapple Express
picture.php

picture.php

Cheese n Chaze
picture.php

Chemmy Jones
picture.php

And a group pic inside the tent
picture.php

Pretty boring so far I want to see some buds forming and Im sure thats what everyone else is waiting for too...

Cork144

not that boring, brilliant setup and healthy plants man, looking good so ill be following

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I took a couple pics of the Pineapple Express clones I took off the big Pineapple plant.
picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
those plants look soooo happy , great little set up , perfect for personal smoke + a little xtra

Thank you! I think they seem quite happy myself.

I just took a gander in the tent for the day and preflowers are beginning to form on the Chemmy Jones and Cheese n Chaze and it is too early to tell but it seems like the Cheese n Chaze may be a male and the Chemmy Jones may be a female. Only time will tell though in a couple days we will know for sure. Male(s) will go outdoors in the back yard to flower and I will be collecting some pollen and doing a little selective pollenation of a few lower buds on the ladies.

The Pineapple Express and Blueberry Gum are feminized seeds and had been showing preflowers just before I initiated flowering and obviously are both females.

I really like the vigor of the Pineapple Express and it stinks too but it does seem a bit stretchy its too early to tell if it is a keeper or not...

SpaceKiller

why clone autos? considering the mother plants age, they will not reveg well enough leaving you with smaller yield and less potency. rather than from seed.

ive tried on my own and it just isnt worth it, but maybe you know something i dont or just dont care about the down sides. ive learned its just better to seed them rather than clone them.

looking great none the less, that sucks about the Chaze i was just talking about that and would have loved to see it.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
why clone autos? considering the mother plants age, they will not reveg well enough leaving you with smaller yield and less potency. rather than from seed.

ive tried on my own and it just isnt worth it, but maybe you know something i dont or just dont care about the down sides. ive learned its just better to seed them rather than clone them.

looking great none the less, that sucks about the Chaze i was just talking about that and would have loved to see it.

I am not growing autos. The clones are both from the Pineapple Express freebie I got late last year when I made a seed order. This was before there was a Pineapple Express auto strain.

Yea I am not too worried about the Chaze being a male I hoped to get atleast one male of the two regular (non feminized) strains for breeding purposes and I have 10 more Cheese n Chaze and 10 more Chemmy Jones beans left in my seed stash along with a couple other strains.

The preflowers on the regular strains are just barely starting so they arent formed enough to really know what they are I was just taking an educated guess by what I can barely see on them. We will see in a few days I will let you guys know for sure the sexual outcomes of the non feminized strains.

bigd21

Hey Bueno grow looks great I am subscribing... I just got the exact same tent today I will be using it too flower with a combo of pll and t5s....

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bueno grow looks great I am subscribing... I just got the exact same tent today I will be using it too flower with a combo of pll and t5s....

Thanks buddy.

Cool to hear we have the same tents :) I checked the price on the tent n it went up $5 like 3 days after I bought mine which isnt a big deal but I was glad I got it when I did. :dance013:

Ill have to scope out your setup too... :tiphat:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
do you think that tent can handle a 250w hps? maybe with a bigger fan?

Id say probably that would be approx 66 watts per square foot of light. You could probably get away with it with either a 4 or 6" inline fan for exhaust and/or a cooltube.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Cheese n Chaze is a male for sure. So today he went outside to live out his miserable existance. I will be collecting pollen for seed making purposes.

The Chemmy Jones has not shown sex yet.

There are the beginnings of buds forming on the growth tips of the Pineapple Express and the Blueberry Gum.

I will be taking pics in a couple days again for an update.

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts