What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buddah Watcha's 90W of Love!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
mugenbao, hey broda, thanks for stopping by and sharing some love!

Buds are starting to swell, slowly but surely! Another 3-4 weeks is my guess! Plants starting to turn a bit purple, I think its mostly because of cold temps!

Here are some pics from today!

Cab shot:
picture.php

Apollo 11s:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Also put 12 Locktite F1's to germinate! These will be run next round. Once I harvest the current run, I'll transplant the Locktites into the smart pots. They will veg in a little PC box I setup with a cheap 50W COB LED for a few weeks.

Plant is to run 6 per smart just like we did this round and hope to end with 6 females, 3 per.

I was also considering try a SOG with smaller containers or 1.5L bottles and do a big pheno hunt.

I could fit 18 9x9x9cm (.7L) containers in there, if I could pull 7g per container that would be 126g. @5g per plant comes to 90g.

Anyways, just some food for though. We will see how this round yields comes down to. I'm hoping for at least 2zips! Fingers crossed! :)

M

mugenbao

I'm pretty envious of your Apollo 11 man! I got two packs of Highlighter's A11 x F13, and so far I've managed to kill every single plant I've sprouted. Now that I've gotten back on track and (hopefully) quit killing everything I'm going to pop my last three seeds next cycle and hope to get a male and female to make more seeds with. I'll be watching yours with much interest :D

I was also considering try a SOG with smaller containers or 1.5L bottles and do a big pheno hunt.

I could fit 18 9x9x9cm (.7L) containers in there, if I could pull 7g per container that would be 126g. @5g per plant comes to 90g.
I'm currently doing as many pheno hunt / pollen chucking cycles as I can before my state's med laws change and dramatically cut the allowed plant numbers, so I'm doing the mini-sog thing in a small cabinet at the moment. It's a convenient way to grow out a lot of plants for pheno hunting, for sure. It's crazy packed in there though, and constantly fighting the small space, low ceiling height and rootbound small pots really isn't my favorite thing to do :(

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I'm pretty envious of your Apollo 11 man! I got two packs of Highlighter's A11 x F13, and so far I've managed to kill every single plant I've sprouted. Now that I've gotten back on track and (hopefully) quit killing everything I'm going to pop my last three seeds next cycle and hope to get a male and female to make more seeds with. I'll be watching yours with much interest :D

I'm currently doing as many pheno hunt / pollen chucking cycles as I can before my state's med laws change and dramatically cut the allowed plant numbers, so I'm doing the mini-sog thing in a small cabinet at the moment. It's a convenient way to grow out a lot of plants for pheno hunting, for sure. It's crazy packed in there though, and constantly fighting the small space, low ceiling height and rootbound small pots really isn't my favorite thing to do :(

Best of luck with the last seeds man! :) I hope you find some keepers! I wanted to make some seeds but I ended up killing the males by accident! Maybe after they reveg and when I pick another male I'll toss that pollen for sure! Nothing better than making your own seeds! They can get expensive :D

M

mugenbao

Nothing better than making your own seeds! They can get expensive :D
Yeah, they can! Plus, I've decided that I'm done obtaining new seeds for the foreseeable future, maybe permanently, so I need the backups of all the stuff I like :D

One thing I like about collecting pollen is that I can keep it in the deep freeze and just seed a bud or two on any exceptional females that pop up over time. I like the fact that I can decide to make seeds "on demand" without having to seed everything or go to extra effort to segregate males from the main grow area, etc.

Last edited:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
We are into week 7 in this journey! Man growing ganja teaches you so much about patience lol

Anyways, things here getting fatter, nice brown hairs popping out and calyxes starting to swell.

Apollo 11 looks beautiful, i love the bright orange hairs that this strains puts out. 2 of the phenos are sporting a purple tone to the fan leafs. Smells are pretty sweet, fruity with hints of pineapple and mangoes and you can smell a funk to it, kinda like fermented fruits, but very subtle. The green pheno is the smallest one but is putting out the frost, seems to be the quicker one too, we'll c.

More Cowbells looks very good as well. Fan leaves started turning dark purple, almost black. Calyxes starting to get fatter and hairs starting to change. Some phenos look purple, one is green but might start turning purple too, we'll see! Smells are most "salty" sweaty bbq with a bit of rubber smells coming out. The nugs are ultra dense, it will be interesting to see the yields that this puts out.

I gave a nice watering 1L each pot with some fresh aloe and malted barley smoothie a few days ago, everyday I try to water a bit around 500ml per 5gal pot. Now I will increase the 1L waterings more often since the roots can drink more! I like to always keep the dirt moist, so the magic keeps flowing.

Here are some shots:

picture.php

A11s
picture.php

picture.php

MCs
picture.php

picture.php

Half of the locktites f1s seedlings are above the ground, they will be vegged till the current plants are harvested and then transplanted right into the same container. Pots will get topdressed with some Kelp meal and Neem meal along with worm castings... Keep the magic going!

M

mugenbao

Looking good in here man :D

Interesting description of the scents, not helping me deal with my jealousy lol.

I like to keep the soil slightly moist as well, which is why I use Blumats whenever I can. Well, that and the fact that it's not a good idea to leave watering up to me because when my back goes out I could be out of it for a few days and all my plants die :cry:

Ya gots me itching like crazy to get to flipping, can't stand waiting to get my plants into flower and really see what my COB setup can do! Looks like those lights are treating your girls well :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looking good in here man :D

Interesting description of the scents, not helping me deal with my jealousy lol.

I like to keep the soil slightly moist as well, which is why I use Blumats whenever I can. Well, that and the fact that it's not a good idea to leave watering up to me because when my back goes out I could be out of it for a few days and all my plants die :cry:

Ya gots me itching like crazy to get to flipping, can't stand waiting to get my plants into flower and really see what my COB setup can do! Looks like those lights are treating your girls well :)

I've used blumats in the past, however, after several floodings I just hand water it lol only take a few minutes and I dont mind, its my zen time with the ladies!

Patience my friend, patience! :) So you can get rewarded in the future!

Thanks for the positive vibes !

M

mugenbao

I rarely have any problem with my Blumats, although I did manage to somehow mess them up a couple of days ago by moving stuff around in the tent and crimping a feed hose or something.

Patience is not one of my strengths, lol. I wanted to wait until I had another DIY fixture (2x CXB3070) in the tent before I flipped, but I can't afford to do that for another month. They will be far too large for my tent by then, so I might as well flip them either this weekend or the next.

Or, at least that's what I tell myself when I see everyone else on the forums with nice looking flowers and I'm looking at nothing but stems and foliage right now :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I rarely have any problem with my Blumats, although I did manage to somehow mess them up a couple of days ago by moving stuff around in the tent and crimping a feed hose or something.

Patience is not one of my strengths, lol. I wanted to wait until I had another DIY fixture (2x CXB3070) in the tent before I flipped, but I can't afford to do that for another month. They will be far too large for my tent by then, so I might as well flip them either this weekend or the next.

Or, at least that's what I tell myself when I see everyone else on the forums with nice looking flowers and I'm looking at nothing but stems and foliage right now :)

I had issues when I fist installed them blumats, after a few runs I put it aside. Coulda been noob mistakes :)

Love my cobs, they kicking arse! 2CXB3070 is whats im rocking. I run them at .95amp each @ around 35w each. What are you planning on running them CXB's at? Whats your foot print like in your tent?

Do you have a thread going on? Would love to check it out :)

Peace homie

M

mugenbao

I don't have a thread at the moment, not sure if I'll make one or not. Been posting in the "Casey Jones Grow-along" thread lately, though.

I've currently got 2x CXB3070 3500K as a single unit in there running at 1.4A, so about 50W each or 100W for the unit. It's in a 24" x 48" x 60" tent with some cheap chinese red/blue LED fixtures for now. I want to eventually have four of those units in there for 50W/sft, but I have to do it in stages because I have no money :)

picture.php

picture.php

Not fancy, but it will get the job done :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
I don't have a thread at the moment, not sure if I'll make one or not. Been posting in the "Casey Jones Grow-along" thread lately, though.

I've currently got 2x CXB3070 3500K as a single unit in there running at 1.4A, so about 50W each or 100W for the unit. It's in a 24" x 48" x 60" tent with some cheap chinese red/blue LED fixtures for now. I want to eventually have four of those units in there for 50W/sft, but I have to do it in stages because I have no money :)

View Image

View Image

Not fancy, but it will get the job done :)

Looks legit bro! :) And thats a solid plan, a bunch of these running at 50w would kick major ass! Can't wait till you rock them so I can see what them CJxSB's can do!!

Keep me updated broda! Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Here are some updated pics, we are at the beginning of week 8, day 56. Thinking most of these should go 70days or so.

The Apollos are getting really dense and keep growing, the smaller pheno is very very frosty, not much yield tho. The left pheno seems to be the yielder, and the back pheno its right behind, but its the prettiest one IMO! Smells are mangoes, pineapples, and slightly baby vomit.

More Cowbells are dense as fuck, the back pheno seems to be the keeper in smell and frost. The smell i get from this one is pure Vick Vaporubs menthol. The other 2 phenos are more of a bbq meaty rubber smell to it. The smaller pheno seems to be the closer to finish. The other 2 still getting nice and phat with big round calyxes.

Been rotating between watering 500ml one day and 1l the next. Things working very nicely!

Apollo 11s:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
More Cowbells
picture.php

MC, VicksVap Pheno
picture.php

MC, small pheno
picture.php

Locktites seedling growing very vigorous and quickly! Impressed with these so far. We got 10/12 to germinate, 1 is a little runty, but its catching up!

Peace! :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Week 9, things finishing off slowly, hoping for it to be done by next week, but it looks like we will go to week 11. We'll see...

Here's a quick update:

Apollo 11:
picture.php

More Cowbell:
picture.php

Locktite seedlings on 8oz cups seem already rootbound at week 2. Roots are very vigorous, its crazy. It will be tough to keep them happy another 2 weeks in these tiny cups. But we shall try!

Peace BW :tiphat:

L

Luckypunch

so nice buddah .!!!!!!!!
im growing atm micro style 2.but with 120 watts

greenpeace loves us

:biggrin:

ps:stay safe ! :tiphat: