What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Buddah Watcha's 90W of Love!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Hey guys, quick update, we are at end of week 1 for the 8 Locktites. Things stretched a few inches in this first week, we got another foot of headspace available for them to grow. Been supercropping and trying to keep a semiflat canopy! Also LST whenever I needed. Some plants been topped, others just LST. It looks like we have 2 females, my favorite plant is one of them, still waiting on sex from the others!

They got topdressed some malted barley, neem and kelp a few days before the flip, from now on hopefully its an easy ride! Temperature is between 17C and 24C, finally got that dialled in!

Heres a pic, not much to see :) Another week or two and we should see some flowers forming. Havent defoliated much, just some strategic fan leafs were pulled. Just every night I try to tuck the fan leafs under the canopy!

picture.php

Anyways, I'll keep ya posted.

I need to post a smoke report, been enjoying my fruits very much! They turned mighty fine smoke!

Peace :tiphat: BW

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Apollo 11 pheno #2 Smoke Report

This pheno was one of the chuky ones, looked pretty similar to the other one, had nice branching and very vigorous! Smells ranged around tropical fruits. The herb was harvested and dried and then trimmed and jarred, where RH was lowered to around 61%, where they have been curing for around a week or two.

Strain: Apollo 11 F4 Genius (Bodhi Seeds)
Flowering Time: 75-80 days
Trichomes: 20%Clear, 70% Cloudy, 10% Amber
Sativa/Indica Ratio: Mostly Sativa
Testing Method: .3g Bowl wake and bake

picture.php

Texture/Feel 9/10
This nugs feel very nice, they are not tight, airy little nuggets that just melt around your fingers and crumble into the perfect bowl texture weed. You clearly feel little resin heads stick to the tips of your finger, makes you want to lick ya fingaz!

Smell 8/10
The smells ranges in the tropical fruits, papaya, pineapples, mangoes, somewhere in between. The smell is not too loud, but it is very pleasant, not your typical ganja smell.

Taste 7/10
The taste is starting to come out with the cure, I expect this to only get better. It hits very smoothly, you clearly can taste the fruity terps from the smell, mixed with some type of woody taste. Not too complex. It will be interesting to see how it tastes in another month of cure.

High 8.5/10
The high can be very psychedelic, inspirational, a bit racy at first, you can feel it on your vision. Makes me want to think about life and stuff I like. Very good for a nice walk in nature or just sitting on the computer listening to some good beats! High lasts about 1 hour of intense high and it mellows it out afterwards.

Overall 8/10
Very satisfied with the final product! I been smoking mostly on this pheno. It will be interesting to compare with the other phenos, which are curing. I still have 6 seeds of this genetics to go through and it will be fun growing them! The branchier phenos yield very decent and produce a very nice smoke!

BW :tiphat:

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Nice smoke report BW. It was very organized and detailed. Reminds me of the beer tasting forms we use when we do a tasting session.

M

mugenbao

Excellent smoke report and grow, Buddah :respect:

Makes me really look forward to popping my last A11 x F13 beans. I've lost every seed I've popped so far, so I have yet to actually get a chance to try anything with Apollo 11 in it. The anticipation is killing me :)

Have you had any issues with light stress or burning with those cob lights? I've got four of them over four plants at the moment, and the plants look like they've been blasted by the desert sun :(

I'm guessing it's probably because they were originally under cheap UFO led fixtures which then got replaced by the DIY lights, those CXB emitters are BRIGHT!

krood

Mine plants werent happy for the first week After i moved them from 2 led bulbs, to under my 8 cob light. But they quickly grew out of it.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Thanks fellas, I actually just copied the format of some other report I found on the IC :p I find it that it helps me otherwise I'm all over the place!

mugenbao, sorry to hear about the ladies, I'm sure they will recover quickly! I haven't had any issues, I did keep them lights a bit further than usual for the first days under it. I guess how hard you ran them might have something to do with it, as well. I usually keep them around 5-8" from the tops. Keep them around 12" at least first few days so them get used to it. Let us know how it works out :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Looks like we have 3 females and 5 males this round. I already sacrificed the 2 weakest looking males, and have another 3 to pick 1 or 2 studs to make some seeds! The 3 females look good, I trained them one last time to try to get canopy a bit level.

Anyways, I got another 2 locktites that didn't fit in the cabin, which got repotted to the 2 male containers, I'll let them veg for another 3-4 days to get over the shock and them throw them in with the others flowering plants. I also got a Mosca Grapefruit Fly that needs to be potted up and 3 seedlinds from Greenpoint Seeds, Black Lab f2 (Blackberry Kush x Tres Stardawg) x Polar Bear OG seedlings which we'll c whats happens...

I guess I should pop another 2 seeds to keep the ball rolling!

Peace! :)

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
More Cowbell anyone? :)

picture.php

This is my favorite pheno, the tastier one out of the 3!

Killed most males and left my favorite one to collect some pollen!

Dion

r u still rinning the 2 cobs in par off 1 driver?
so how many watts is in there?

would u like to add the 2nd driver and dim this round?

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
r u still rinning the 2 cobs in par off 1 driver?
so how many watts is in there?

would u like to add the 2nd driver and dim this round?

Hey Dion, yes I am. I was going to but at this point I'm really satisfied with running them at 34W each! I'll probably do a few more runs with this setup and when things need to be modified a bit I'll maybe make the switch! I feel like running them hotter would sacrifice a few inches of head space. I'll try to focus more on canopy management instead of putting more light in it. :) Who knows, maybe Ill start another project with the other driver! :) Another 70w would really be helpful, however, my main problem is space, theres not much more space where I could have another cabinet sitting around! So yeah, I'll keep it like this for another few runs and see how they perform, in the future, who knows, I might bump them up :)

Guess I'm a bit lazy, and if things ain't broken, don't fix it :laughing:

Thanks for stopping by broda! :tiphat:

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Whats up fellas! Heres an update at week 3 flowering. We had 3 Locktite females, one went full out shemale on me and got the chop, so we ended with 2 of them. The other 2 locktites and the grapefruit fly ended being males as well. Bad luck this round, out of 11 seeds only 3 females. Gonna save some pollen from the grapefruit fly and polinate a few branches.

Anyways, here are some shots:

picture.php

Locktite #1
picture.php

picture.php

Locktite #7
picture.php

picture.php

Peace homies!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Quick update, no pics this time, we are starting week 7, this run been pretty weak, only got 2 females, and they were throwing some nanners all the way through pretty much. So I'm not expecting nothing stellar, I think one of them is pretty polinated, I think I should have a few Locktites S1 tho. which will be fun trying them, hopefully they won't show intersex.

To be honest might have been my found the hermies. These plants got pretty stressed all the way. They got thrips still in veg, got overwatered, pretty rootbound in 1 gal containers, plus I forgot the heating mat on in some very hot days which musta stressed them out pretty good.

So who knows. either genetics or not the hermie issue.

Besides that they are pretty frosty and stinky, I think another 2 weeks and will chop!

Ill post some pics in a few days!

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
So here are the promised pics @ week 8. Locktite #1 seems to be ready real soon, has more of a spear type colas, good branching, and node spacing. Started going hungry earlier on, maybe because it got pollinated, was also on a different soil mix, so it could be that... Can't really describe the flavors, but smells pretty good! Locktite#7 will need at least another 2 weeks, its the chunkier pheno, longer internodal space. I expect #1 to be pretty pollinated, hopefully not too much, we'll c! L#7 I think didnt get too much pollen into it!

They are on #1 grow bags, not much root space, but I'm faily pleased with the ammount of nugs they are producing.

L#1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Harvested L#1 @ 9 weeks. Still drying, seems to have a bunch of seeds, smells pretty good and its frosty, lacking on yield this pheno. 10grams would be great!

L#9 will probably go 10 weeks, maybe 11. Have chunkier nugs and pretty damn frosty as well!

I'm curious to see how these will smoke. Right on time, since I'm down to my last 2 nugs of Apollo 11! :( Luckily I have some trim to keep me going till the new smoke dries up!

Peace fellas, I'll try to snap some dry shots once things dry out! Prolly taking a break with the cabin in the summer, since it will get pretty hot in here!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Alrght guys, Locktite #1 came down last week, it was pretty seeded, at least 50 s1 seeds, I will eventually go through a few and see how stable they are and if it's worth it or not... This pheno was not a great one IME, its pretty frosty sticky and has good terpenes, but just not bulky enough, maybe because of the seeds or not, I have a clone here, might run it again or cull it not sure yet. The yield was around 24grams, after taking out around 50 seeds. I didn't really do much trimming, and there's prolly a few more seeds in there! I'd say around 20grams its fair!

Locktite #7 is still alive, prolly gonna take it to 11 weeks. This one is more bulky, I don't think its as polinated as the other one, however I still expect to find a few seeds in there! It's a nice plant! Here's some shots! I'm expecting at least 25grams off this one! Not bad for a 1 gallon container or organic soil, this was water only the way through!!

L7 full shot
picture.php

Main Cola, got a lil light bleached
picture.php

Macro of some lower
picture.php

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Great job on those. How's the smoke on the Locktite? Is it couchlock or uplifting, strong, long lasting?

Hey bro, heres a quick smoke report on the first Locktite harvested, the 2nd one still growing, I think another weed for the chop...

Bud's been curing for a week or so, down to around 56% RH! Good texture, lots of seeds in them, pulled around 60-70 seeds, unfortunately there a lot of peppery seeds in the smoke too, so not the best of it! Anyways, today in the morning I packed a nice bowl of it, prolly a good .3g . Made sure to pick the seeds out of course! Smoke was very pleasant, taste is starting to come out, can't describe it too much, tastes a bit sweet, like good herb. Not 100% smooth yet, but not too harsh either. I smoked around 10:30am, its almost 1pm and I'm clearly high still, and I'm a pretty heavy smoker. Very uplifting smoke. Got me writing some poetry, something I can't remember when was the last time I've done it :laughing:. Not too couch lock, however relaxes your body very well, very mind stimulating, my type of smoke for sure! Will be fun exercising on it

I'm pretty excited for the 2nd var. that still growing. Buds are much thicker and denser. I don't think its too heavily polinated (fingers crossed). It's still throwing some white pistils on the top buds, therefore it will go another 7 days! It drinks a lot of water still, gotta give a good watering every day or so, a bit of pain in the ass! :)

I also got a few Blueberry Indica x Snow lotus, and 1 Goji OG, thats been tortured from day 1, but somehow its putting a bit of nuggs out, super frosty, from Bodhi, 4 females, 3 Black Lab by Greenpoint Seeds, along with 2 younger random seeds from my outdoor grow from last year, most likely a CJxSB ix1 a few generations deep. Most of them are in 1 litter containers, recycled milk bottles. They were all 12/12 from seed pretty much, and are a few weeks deep into flowering. Today I took my time to polinate all lower branches with some BB male pollen that was collected! Fingers crossed the pollination worked!

The 2 locktite cuttings I took are re-vegging! LT7 clone is starting to throw out some branches which I'll soon clone it!

I'll try to take some pics in a few days!
Peace BW

Castroman

Thanks BW for the smoke report. Where would you rank Locktite's potency relative to Casey Jones x Sour Bubble, Apollo 11 and More Cowbell? Is it stronger than any of those?