What's new

Bud Blood Test

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I think your opinion is forcing a plant (with budblood, or any PK boost) to set flowers quicker will not improve yield (and this mode should not be considered a yield booster). And I agree.

NFR

At some point people are just going to have to stop trying to convince me of something I havent disagreed with and just let me *observe* what happens, report it and discuss what ever, if anything happened. At no point was this thread opened because I need help or was trying to get out of a situation. It was simply a case of me trying a sample(criticized for this) and making some observations. It's that simple. It isnt about believing claims like toohigh accused me of. Nowhere in here is there anything about that....quite the opposite. I wanted to see if it did anything it claimed? Some how we have two pages of people trying to make me undersdtand something I have no problem with? Toohigh even makes it out that he answered my help? He posted after the Bud Blood was used so his *advice* to me is moot. I never asked "should I try this?" anyways. To be so pushy without reading the first post just fired me right up. We argued about stuff that was already made clear. That only made things worse....

If anyone else has a problem with my test I'll close/delete it. I regret even telling anyone I was trying a couple of AN products for the first time. Seems to draw out the critics and I swear I see people being judged by the products they buy these days. "So and so is a moron for wasting money"....hey....toohigh himself demonstrates just that. He had me made out as a sucker earlier in this thread for believing claimes(Where/when?)? Wow....that is an extreme case of that right there. I've done this for 16/17 years and for the first time(2010) I've tried a AN product that wasnt a PH adjuster. The shame.....lol

outdoe

At some point people are just going to have to stop trying to convince me of something I havent disagreed with and just let me *observe* what happens, report it and discuss what ever, if anything happened. At no point was this thread opened because I need help or was trying to get out of a situation. It was simply a case of me trying a sample(criticized for this) and making some observations. It's that simple. It isnt about believing claims like toohigh accused me of. Nowhere in here is there anything about that....quite the opposite. I wanted to see if it did anything it claimed? Some how we have two pages of people trying to make me undersdtand something I have no problem with? Toohigh even makes it out that he answered my help? He posted after the Bud Blood was used so his *advice* to me is moot. I never asked "should I try this?" anyways. To be so pushy without reading the first post just fired me right up. We argued about stuff that was already made clear. That only made things worse....

If anyone else has a problem with my test I'll close/delete it. I regret even telling anyone I was trying a couple of AN products for the first time. Seems to draw out the critics and I swear I see people being judged by the products they buy these days. "So and so is a moron for wasting money"....hey....toohigh himself demonstrates just that. He had me made out as a sucker earlier in this thread for believing claimes(Where/when?)? Wow....that is an extreme case of that right there. I've done this for 16/17 years and for the first time(2010) I've tried a AN product that wasnt a PH adjuster. The shame.....lol
no need to close just move forward want to see how many weeks this shit knocks of if any, and does it negatively impact potency.
What strain is this?

NFR

no need to close just move forward want to see how many weeks this shit knocks of if any, and does it negatively impact potency.
What strain is this?

Purple Kush with a few blockberry in the middle under the lights. I have the odd blockberry mixed in that were originally in during the veg stage to provide me with clones for another project. Most of those were planned to come out to create space. I usually start with two empty top shelves and as they grow/stretch, I spread and fill the void. Usually it works out to a perfectly spaced out room. This time my plan was to ethnic cleans out the gangly blockberry mothers for the room and keep the odd one that looked like it was using the spsace efficiantly. Tonight I axed 14 and another 1/2 doz probably next week.

The stretch is done now I think. 12d x 12h and evreything is still manageable. My room with the smaller plants filled out pretty much perfect like they always do. I'll deal with any crowding on the bud blood side as it occurs. I believe some of my plants were too big to trigger in that space but none of those reached that size yet. We'll see.....Bud set earlier...not a chance. Reduced stretch...I think there is some but as of 6-7 days there was still some considerable stretch and filling out.

The room doesnt have a blemish anywhere. Hairs are white, leaves are shiney. It's business as usual in my rooms.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
A friend who carefully tests all sorts of things out swears BudBlood works, says it "switches" them into flower.... so I got some to test. The Vietnamese gangs use it too, I saw one buy £500 worth of the stuff in front of my own eyes, hard to believe it does not work given the numbers they play with.

Last edited:

NFR

Well now I get a message from toohigh that *I still don't get it*? How come he doesnt get that I havent told him he's wrong? Now I put bold on everything he cleary must have missed. Next step gone.....

Am I supposed to declare him right even though I never said wrong? I clearly am out of the loop with this internet thing. When I had over a thousand posts and a huge gallery with my old account... my experience was mostly pleasant. I took a couple of years off and I get someone who looks at my post count and automatically assumes I'm a noob.

update

Heres what I just fed my plants yesterday. 1/2/3 No I am not dropping the gro yet. Just because I'm not doesnt mean I think he is wrong. In just over a week I drop it and add my kool bloom. That replaces K... Sorry if this ruffles feathers. I've cut back the gro earler in the past and had K def. This sched that I use works good for me....said all this blah blah blah......

I stated at the beginning that the only thing I'm doing different is adding bud blood. Suggestions on other things are welcome but if I dont praise you or switch what I'm doing, please dont take it personal.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
this is not a personal journal, its a thread on an open forum, you should expect dialog. We appreciate your continued contributions, do not mistake that; but you cannot expect a thread labeled 'bud blood' in the subforum 'nutes and fertz' to not receive other users input on the product. That is what this subforum is for!

In addition, other users have basically explained how to for go this product, how this product works, why it works. All relative information to most forum readers.

NFR

this is not a personal journal, its a thread on an open forum, you should expect dialog. We appreciate your continued contributions, do not mistake that; but you cannot expect a thread labeled 'bud blood' in the subforum 'nutes and fertz' to not receive other users input on the product. That is what this subforum is for!

In addition, other users have basically explained how to for go this product, how this product works, why it works. All relative information to most forum readers.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^ this is what I was looking for. Not a multi page thread about how I don't get something I've known since I first started using GH.

I have no problem with input and even invite it. Being explained about dropping gro dozens of times when I have not disagreed with it is not constructive input. Being told I *dont get it* over and over when I do is not contructive input. Why am I still explaining this to people?( have over and over) If 3 pages ago people stop explaing to me the benifits of dropping grow, we could have moved on. Why is the guy sick of hearing that he "doesnt get it" when he does...get all the attention? How about people just get that I am not having a problem understanding him and focuss on getting the people who are stuck on this detail...to simply stop.

"while it is almost a goal to get most AN related threads shut down when I see them,"

That is a post by toohigh on another thread btw...^^^

For what its worth he and I have sorted it out I think. Hopefully others follow.

NFR

In addition, other users have basically explained how to for go this product, how this product works, why it works. All relative information to most forum readers.

If you think I don't understand about imput and sharing? Read my hp stadium thread. Hundreds of posts from me answering, clarifying and being patient(like hundreds of my other threads). You have me pegged wrong if you think you need to expain that. It was never about this at all and because it always deflects away from how he entered the thread, people are stuck on this idea it's about a disagreement on food and his imput. He is the one claiming I'm doing things wrong and in the end I'm the one being blamed for telling him he is wrong which never happened. If you wanted to help then maybe your efforts would have been better helping him. There was no help required for me at amy point.

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
I gave one of my rooms a dose of Bud Blood last night.

Right Room

picture.php

Left Room

picture.php

This is not a test where I run Bud Blood with a whole AN feed reg. I keep my feeding simple. Usually GH 3 part base and a few additives and my ppm rarely goes above 1000ppm.
For *this* feed I used the recomended transition feed... 2/2/2 parts to 120 L of RO water. The second rez was simply the 3 part GH mixed 2/2/2. The PPM with Bud Blood added was 970 ppm ph'd at 6.3. I mixed 40gr to the rez. This was a free sample.

My rooms had been in Veg/24h light for 2 weeks the flipped 4 days ago to 12hr. The right hand room is full of plants that have been vegged under T5 light banks and are way too far ahaead of the L room. I'm going to post a pick of a few plants every 48 hours or as things develope. This stage of my test will be over once the rooms finish their transition phase which for me is usuallly 2 weeks.

Great pix.... But how do you finish these plants.... there doesn't appear to be enough room to finish budding??

Is there?

Thanks

NFR

Here's what my room will typically look like when it's finished. There always is enough room. I have options. It's all in the thread and I explained just a couple of posts back that last night I axed 14 plants. I spaced plants after tossing some.

picture.php

There's always room if you make it.

Please folks, I've requested enough times that you read the thread before asking and if it's system related you have the option of learning all about my system on a thread called HP Stadium. Not all the info in there is up to date. I have no problem asnwering questions like this, harmless enough but we can all contribute better if we are up to date.

NFR

Thanks a lot. I just tried to give you rep for your compliments but appears I'm all out of rep for the day. Tomorrow....

trugreens

Bud Blood, huh? Not sure I've ever used it. Have to admit though, I get that and Big Bud mixed up sometimes too on the boards. Just too close in names when your eyes are a little bleary...

Great stuff to watch here :lurk:

Who knows, Advanced Nutrients is cool shtuff, no matter what it's called. But I'm not attached to it, I have to admit. Whatever works, you know?

NFR

Bud Blood, huh? Not sure I've ever used it. Have to admit though, I get that and Big Bud mixed up sometimes too on the boards. Just too close in names when your eyes are a little bleary...

Great stuff to watch here :lurk:

Who knows, Advanced Nutrients is cool shtuff, no matter what it's called. But I'm not attached to it, I have to admit. Whatever works, you know?

I've seen other people have mixed results. I said easrlier it was the first time using their products. Actaully, that is not entirely true. I use their VHO for my mothers when I need a boost to make aup a clone demand.

BerndV

Uh oh, I smell a rat; trugreens has eleven posts and every one looks like a stealth Big Mike post. BTW, I have read through 30+ pages of toohighmf's posts and he is the real deal NFR. If I ever needed advice about using AN gear, I would listen to him. He may hate his ex-employer but he knows their products. Nice looking grow!

K

krushonkush

Hey bud :wave:
No need to stop the test. I really have a feeling some of the cats posting here have
no clue who you are and how many of us you have helped.
Some of us do and we know you've had your shit together for like ever!
Dank Kush,stadiums,MHs,(hps now)and skillz = NFR Keep on keeping on!!!

toohighmf

Veteran
NFR and I have been conversing via private messages and we understand eachother now.
I appreciate the kind words BernV and of course ShroomDR's defense, but we are all good and on the same page. It is obvious to me that NFR needs no help. He is pretty damn well dialed in. I love verts, and I love experiments. I am pulling up a seat and see what I can learn from NFR. Shaka brah!

toohighmf

Veteran
Uh oh, I smell a rat; trugreens has eleven posts and every one looks like a stealth Big Mike post.!

thats funny. If I'm not mistaken trugreens was a member of the ol AN med forums. I could be wrong though. sorry if I am trugreens. I actually thought you were an old H.O.P customer. :dunno: