What's new

Bubba Kush

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thnx. i guess I was expecting way less buds.

that was the only thing i wondered... looks very much like the pre-98 in many ways but the buds do look a bit taller and more 'filled in' than usual. perhaps its the nutes or a strong light?
the coffee/incense smell of pre98 bubba is pretty unmistakable though

VG

Last edited:
A

acridlab

thnx for the responses, guys, u would think i would be able to tell by smell alone,lol , i know.. but i can't smell the best anymore.. and the reason im really questioning it is because, i saw a "mango puff" grow on instagram, and it looks alot like it.. and the clone vendor had both pre98 and mango puff left the day we went..

its in week 9 now,, and I'm getting a sweet, grapey,, almost a deathstar smell to it.. one other thing.. i noticed a nanner up top and Ive never heard of bubba doing that.. all in all,,it is definitely dank. but pre98,,, I'm not positive yet..will find out in a few weeks, once smoked. gonna keep it for sure,, i just can't sleep at night having mixed up tags on genetics, etc... thnx agn. n peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pre-98 looks ready at about 6 weeks, but most people leave it at least 8, from your description of the smell it may be the other cut he had.

A

acridlab

thanks, verdant. good eye, and ur right,, i didn't even think of that,,the finish time is off! thats the 3rd srtike for this gal. I'm gonna have to say this is they're mango puff. it didn't start showing maturity until late 7,, and now its in late 9 and its just now starting to look done. i read somewheres else that the mango puff smells like koolaid and thats more along the lines of what I'm getn. sorry to clog up this thread,, ill be back with real deal 98 soon, until then ill be reading in here,,

peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man it sounds like you are right, but don't discount the mango - i find its often the cuts that you are least excited about that turn out to be your favorites!

VG

elanius

Veteran
Pre 98 bubba clone

Pre 98 bubba clone

This is supposed to be Pre 98 Bubba clone, cannot confirm it so can only believe. The flowers looks legit, she didnt want to change color much because of high temps, but did purple a bit in the end. The smells is kush / coffee but very subtle 2 weeks after harvest. How strong is the smell with the original cut?
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is supposed to be Pre 98 Bubba clone, cannot confirm it so can only believe. The flowers looks legit, she didnt want to change color much because of high temps, but did purple a bit in the end. The smells is kush / coffee but very subtle 2 weeks after harvest. How strong is the smell with the original cut?
View Image View Image View Image View Image

Looks identical to mine. Description is fine as well... I'm no authority but I'd guess your cut is legit. (Or both our cuts are fake)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks like bubba, almost looks more like the one i was given as the katsu cut, but i cant get a good look at the leaf shape.
this is a leaf from my pre-98 cut
picture.php

the katsu leaf is a little fatter but has a pronounced longer middle finger on my cut.

bubba is not necessarily strong smelling in the jar, but certainly smells when the buds are broken up, and the taste is very pronounced

VG

elanius

Veteran
Thanks for your opinions! It might be pre 98, but most importantly its a great plant so far.
The taste really is loud with hashy coffee tones, i am sure it develops by little cure. The high is very good as well, the first part is almost haze like, clear, euphoric and up then it mellows to pleasant but strong body high and it seems to have long legs. Judging all that from freshly dried sample.

YetiOG

Thanks for your opinions! It might be pre 98, but most importantly its a great plant so far.
The taste really is loud with hashy coffee tones, i am sure it develops by little cure. The high is very good as well, the first part is almost haze like, clear, euphoric and up then it mellows to pleasant but strong body high and it seems to have long legs. Judging all that from freshly dried sample.

That high will change dramatically going from fresh dried to being proper cure but nice to hear it smokes nice. Often when im drying and curing, after if hung to dry then kept in a paper bag for about a week the weed comes out being "ready for sale" so you can smoke it in a pinch or sell it and shit, but after bei g in a jar for 2 to 4 weeks after the paper bag the product is so much better.

beta

Veteran
How does BOG's Sour bubble compare to the pre 98 bubba to all those whom have tried both?

DD

I grew a couple phenos of Sour Bubble BX3 some years back and am currently growing Pre-98 Bubba Kush. If I didn't know any better I'd think they were sister phenos from the same batch of seeds. I'd say they're 90%+ identical. If my memory serves me correctly, Sour Bubble has slightly thinner stems and is a touch less potent. Same flavor, same bud structure, same branching, same color, same stretch.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pre98 and katsu comparison.

pre98 and katsu comparison.

i was recently gifted the katsu bubba cut - big thanks to the clone fairy! :tiphat: - i was surprised how similar the katsu is to the pre-98 smoke -wise a little more creamy perhaps a bit less spicy, although it seemed to maybe have a better yield potential.

i have got them both growing side by side and just flipped them to flower: I'll try and post up some pics as they flower out

Pre-98
picture.php

picture.php

katsu -the leaves have a longer middle finger
picture.php

picture.php

VG

PDX Dopesmoker

I've been keeping this little pimp alive on a balcony and picking it clean of flowers just to see what will happen. So far nothing exciting has happened, but it did (predictably) start to turn pretty colors. Closeup of an abused flower cluster in the inset. Bubba Kush is the maternal grandmother of this dude and in a few days he will be the father of a whole bunch of seeds from 4 different mothers, two of which are once removed half cousins.

W6VkTJ6.jpg

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
A clone of one of VGs' s1 around 4 weeks in.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN1973_noexif.jpg
    DSCN1973_noexif.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN1974_noexif.jpg
    DSCN1974_noexif.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 35

Happy Times

i was recently gifted the katsu bubba cut - big thanks to the clone fairy! :tiphat: - i was surprised how similar the katsu is to the pre-98 smoke -wise a little more creamy perhaps a bit less spicy, although it seemed to maybe have a better yield potential.

i have got them both growing side by side and just flipped them to flower: I'll try and post up some pics as they flower out

Pre-98
View Image
View Image

katsu -the leaves have a longer middle finger
View Image
View Image

VG

Any idea what the difference is between P98 and Katsu as far as lineage/history ? Sorry if this has been already discussed in the past!

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Any idea what the difference is between P98 and Katsu as far as lineage/history ? Sorry if this has been already discussed in the past!

As far as I know the Green Bubba clone is an S1 from the original 98 Bubba Kush. Orgnkid allegedly made the Bubba S1s, found those and sold a clone to Green Crack Man for $500. Then he passed it to Katsu Bluebird, hence the "Bubba Katsu" name... not really accurate though in my opinion. :biggrin: