What's new

Bubba Kush

LostTribe

Premium user
looks good, i agree they can yield well when you give them plenty of root space and time to get big.

Hey Verdant!

Mine yielded excellently in hydro setup. I still have plenty of her and one totally REEKS of Whiskey Sour! Kind of hard on me though sort of like a whiskey shot very oak barrelish....strong!

Makes the funkiest BHO!

I still have a whole extra pack on ice!
thanks again!
LT

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
VerdantGreen ... I mentioned on your site the seed we planted was a runt... u replied that u can expect a runt out of every... x amount.... well we sowed all 4 seeds we had left and they all grew... and all were runts... they were grown in promix bx , which we amended- all the other seeds we were growing were 4-5ft high... the bubba 8-10inches--- large leaves... needless to say they produced little... the other plants we were growing were rez's sdkush and one of his chemdog releases... maybe it was grower error... but I don't think so...

hey there, sorry you didnt like the S1s. they will of course be slower and less vigorous than a hybrid, just as the pre-98 cut itself is, but if you visit the thread in my forum the vast majority of people who have grown these have been very pleased- i would say that 9/10 people looking for bubba in seed form have been very happy and found what they are looking for. if you grew them out in a tent with chem and diesel hybrids then they will of course get overtaken and crowded out rather quickly - which will hold them back even more.
bubba is more or less a hashplant, so, from seed, expect short, stocky plants with large leaves that, will not sidebranch very readily.

i wouldnt like to say if it was grower error, or unrealistic expectations, or what. what i can say is that these S1s have been massively successful and well received by nearly everyone.

as i have said before, in a decent size pot with GOOD soil, a happy bubba plant can be reasonably vigorous - but they 'stall' very easily, and grow much slower as they start to get root-bound.

bubba S1 thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=240791

VG

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
Hi everybody

My Bubba Kush
I grew two years ago

picture.php

picture.php

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I have something to share:

Pre-98 (VG’s) with a six month cure. Smells like leather and solvent. Super smooth smoke that makes my tongue tingle on exhale. Not one of the loudest jars I have, but definitely one of my favorites to smell. Great stone with a trippiness her sister doesn’t have. Excellent head stash.

picture.php
picture.php

I think I like Bubba Kush. :)

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have something to share:

Pre-98 (VG’s) with a six month cure. Smells like leather and solvent. Super smooth smoke that makes my tongue tingle on exhale. Not one of the loudest jars I have, but definitely one of my favorites to smell. Great stone with a trippiness her sister doesn’t have. Excellent head stash.

View Image View Image

I think I like Bubba Kush. :)

i do love that purple! thanks for posting those.

before the pre98 and katsu names came along i believe there were bubba cuts referred to as 'green bubba' and 'purple bubba' so its nice to see that pop out of my S1s

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
i do love that purple! thanks for posting those.

before the pre98 and katsu names came along i believe there were bubba cuts referred to as 'green bubba' and 'purple bubba' so its nice to see that pop out of my S1s

I love purple flowers too. :biggrin:

That’s really interesting about the ‘green bubba’ and ‘purple bubba’ - good info! Now I’m wondering how rare the purple one is. I also have a pack of your regular Bubba Kush. Wonder what the odds are that I’ll find purple in there...

Bubba Kush - your pre-98 specifically - was recommended to me by a member here. I’m glad I listened.

Thanks for making the genetics available. :tiphat:

A

acridlab

hi, i would like to ask the bubba pro's around icmag if they could take a look at a cut i have,, got it from genotype a2, labeled pre98 bubba.

i have a feeling its not,, but a few ppl have told me it is.. whats your opinion? thnx for any help
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

hi, i would like to ask the bubba pro's around icmag if they could take a look at a cut i have,, got it from genotype a2, labeled pre98 bubba.

i have a feeling its not,, but a few ppl have told me it is.. whats your opinion? thnx for any helpView Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Tough to tell by looking since a lot of varieties look kinda like that. The smell/taste is more of a specific thing, there should be a lot of it in the final product. If you got something loud with a kick ass buzz and it looks like that and it isn't Bubba, keep it forever anyway, cause thats a great looking plant.
The Bubba cross I have in my garden outside right now is the smallest plant out there and it out stinks pretty much every last one of the rest of the gang, that why I think odor/flavor might be the easiest way to ID legit Bubba (assuming the Bubba Kush clone we started with a few years ago was legit and I'm not passing on information based on my own experience with a different fake cut). Whats yours smell like?

gorrira_grue

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not sure what happened with that last post...:thinking:
Still learning to work the forums.

This is the Pre-98 Bubba kush cut that I hold.
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_5120.jpg
    IMG_5120.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5117.jpg
    IMG_5117.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 23

LostTribe

Premium user

i have a feeling its not,, but a few ppl have told me it is.. whats your opinion? thnx for any helpView Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

Looks legit to me what kind of smells you getting on her? Leaves look very authentic. As far as yield goes my VG S1's were heavy yielding.

Latest posts

Latest posts