What's new

Bubba Kush

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are some of my Pre-98 Bubba S1s up on seedbay atm :)

still some packs left last time i looked

VG

Moonjuice5050

IMG_20170118_075018.jpg
Pre98bubbaxGhostOG(clone) =Hash Head

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
recently got gifted the Katsu Bubba (thanks to the clone fairy!)

just a small tester plant in a 2 litre pot. smells to me similar to the pre-98 but with less incense and more creamy/parmisan type smell... alhough i have a cold atm
at about 8 weeks. defo different cut from my pre-98, fatter leaves and a long middle finger. looks like it would be a better yield all things being equal. i read that it buds up better with extra P/K so been feeding it a bit.
a few seeds in there, they will be a cross with Pine Tar Kush :) as they have been sharing the cab with my seeded PTK
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

let me know what you think! - i read that the kaysu can look quite different in different environments. i need to grow a bigger one but couldnt wait to give it a try!

VG

non

Veteran
oh bubba x ptk sexy times, would love to see the results when the time comes!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good, i agree they can yield well when you give them plenty of root space and time to get big.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
recently got gifted the Katsu Bubba (thanks to the clone fairy!)

just a small tester plant in a 2 litre pot. smells to me similar to the pre-98 but with less incense and more creamy/parmisan type smell... alhough i have a cold atm
at about 8 weeks. defo different cut from my pre-98, fatter leaves and a long middle finger. looks like it would be a better yield all things being equal. i read that it buds up better with extra P/K so been feeding it a bit.
a few seeds in there, they will be a cross with Pine Tar Kush :) as they have been sharing the cab with my seeded PTK
View Image
View Image
View ImageView Image

let me know what you think! - i read that the kaysu can look quite different in different environments. i need to grow a bigger one but couldnt wait to give it a try!

VG

Flowers look lovely VG!

How about those Pine Tar Katsu?
What's the plan w those.
Sou,ds like it could be an interesting cross.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi MJP, the katsu x PTK was just an opportunist cross really which i will get tested - i doubt there will be that many seeds.

but i am planning on crossing my pre-98 cut with the PTK in the next round and releasing some of those if they test out well.

so i guess we will see which one comes out best.

VG

SirNuggetReborn

Growing up in socal over the years, started smoking as a teen around 2002. I got to taste the evolution and expansion of the og kushes and bubba kushes floating around LA.

I remember getting some herb from this guy in the valley, he would hook it up with this og and bubba - this was around 2002-2003. From what I have tried since, visitng hundreds of dispensaries and versions of bubba, it seems like it has since been watered down a bit - true colors lost. I remember the og kush had tiny almost shake sized nugs. It was so rich with og flavor. It was like drinking whole milk, while todays og seems like nonfat milk- its just not as defined or rich anymore.

One important thing that I would like to mention about the evolution of bubba kush over the past 15 years or so, is that folks have been claiming its a coffee/chocolate smelling thing, thats not how it started I think. Originally the bubblegum was more pronounced, but over the years I started seeing more chocolaty and coffee smelling bubbas....

Anywho, one time me and buddy were smoking this oldschool bubba in 03', and we tripped balls and thought this tree was actually turning into a hand... the bubba had some unique hallucinigenic effect or aomthing, unlike other strains.

Today I would say, after having grown and smoked so many strains, that bubba seems very much in line with afghani. Deep chunk, afghooey, these are the things I reach for to satusfy some natural cravings. They share similarities, but if you go to the GDP's, purple kushes, gods gifsts, la confidentials, grape ape.. there is a slight drift, but i still reach for these. Maybe its the narcotic effects.

Anywho, its 2017 and i got a afghani and blue dream x og in the tent. The original stuff seems the best still. All these random og hybrids dont mean squat, gotta breed properly! For purpose, not just sexing a this and that expecting somethning crazy - its like putting anchovies in a strawberry shake, gotta be careful how we mix flavors or we endup with garbage.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
VerdantGreen ... I mentioned on your site the seed we planted was a runt... u replied that u can expect a runt out of every... x amount.... well we sowed all 4 seeds we had left and they all grew... and all were runts... they were grown in promix bx , which we amended- all the other seeds we were growing were 4-5ft high... the bubba 8-10inches--- large leaves... needless to say they produced little... the other plants we were growing were rez's sdkush and one of his chemdog releases... maybe it was grower error... but I don't think so...