What's new

Breaking news! Cannabis reject carnists

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yes carnists. And no, scroger, it's not those that eat cars..;) I don't care that our teeth are shaped like they can chew meat or not, what matters is that we don't need to eat meat in our daily diet to stay healthy, and every sensible beings on our civilized globe knows that (though they don't stop eating animals despite of that fact), so don't come up with bad excuses to why we *must* eat meat. We do it because we're lazy, because we can't control our desires towards meat and because we have been stupified by the (common will of the) society to not learn how to use fundamental vegetarian food sources like beans, seeds and root vegetables etc in our daily diet because we don't need to (cause we've got meat!). Eat meat and destroy the planet, but don't come up with lame excuses for doing so.

Ps. I know how to make facon that you can't distinguish from ordinary bacon (my carnist-friends says so... )

but this thread was just kinda a way to say high to the people here. so high :plant grow:

Okay there seems to be a break down in understanding of the terminology used so lets do a little educationg here. It's not surprising that so many seem to think carnist is a made up word. It actually is, since it's only been in use 10 years. The term carnism was coined by social psychologist Melanie Joy in 2001. It's meant to describe people who make a concious decision to eat meat even though they know they can meet their nutritional requirements with fruits, grains and vegtables.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnism

Carnism is the belief system, or ideology, in which it's considered an ethical choice to consume flesh of non-human animals. Carnism is diametrical to vegetarianism or veganism.[1][2] The term carnism was coined by social psychologist Melanie Joy in 2001.[3] It was coined to address the absence of a word to describe one’s decision to consume meat. This serves to associate the act of eating meat with a personal belief system.

Most people however are not carnists because their choice to have meat in their diet isn't part of a belief system. Most people eat meat along with fruits, grains and vegtables because that's what we are, omnivores, and that's what our bodies were designed to do. When they eat a steak or a hamburger or a pork chop, etc. They're not pondering the ethics and saying to themselves "Oh this is okay because it's ethical to eat animals." They are doing so because they were raised that way and that's the way society is structured. When/if they're confronted with the choice to forego meat in favor of fruits, grains and vegtables if they decide not to do so it isn't because of ethics because both science and religion teach that it's not about ethics.

The reason mankind has survived and evolved to where we are at now is because we can eat meat, as well as fruits, grains and vegtables. This allows us to be more adaptable and spares us from dying off if something should disrupt our primary food source. If from the beginning we had to depend solely on fruits and vegtables we never would have made it past the hunter/gatherer stage of our development. It was the hunting part of that equation that carried us thru because it was near impossible to just gather enough to meet nutritional needs. It wasn't until we moved into our Agrarian stage of evolution that we could have even had a choice to eat meat or not eat meat.

Just because there is a choice doesn't mean we need to make it though. Whether you believe in God or just Mother Nature we were meant to eat meat along with fruits and vegtables. To believe that everyone should go vegan just because it's possible to do so and maintain health is to defy the natural order of things. Every living thing on the planet is part of the food web and if the main predator stopped eating meat the resulting overpopulation of animals would disrupt other forms of life.

It's also idealistic because not everyone has access to all they need in the way of fruits and vegtables to do without meat. Further even if they have access not everyone can afford to buy the necessary combination of fruits and vegtables to maintain good health. So the whole idea of carnism is riddiculous and since it's diametric to vegetarianism to truely be a carnist you would have to forego eating any fruits, grains and vegtables to seek all your nutritional needs from meat and I don't know any human that does that.

N

NachoConQueso

It's a myth that Hitler was a vegetarian. It's your choice to eat meat. Ive read that by being a vegetarian you lower your chances of heart disease by 30%. I've tried several years on meat and several years off and I have to say that a vegetarian diet is far superior to a omnivore diet even in consideration of moderation. I exercise in the mountains a lot and I find that my performance is higher on protiens absorbed from milk, cheese, eggs, beans, and lentils. The meat made me fat and slow. I'm back on the vegetarian diet and it's taken care of 10 lbs for me. I'm almost at a perfect BMI because of it.

purple_man

Veteran
well, well, well, ...

i mean there are some propaganda driven "sentiments" in the "you kill planet for meat attitude" BUT!!!

when it comes to raising animals... no matter if it's dog in korea, or calf in usa, fish in europe, ...

main question is following: how many of those systems have been "optimized" for sustainibility n local distribution, go google "aquaponics" when it comes to fish breeding n vegetables production... plus, how much of the produce lands on the plate? and how much of it is frozen and thrown away? in my opinion it's not about production/pollution BUT about DISTRIBUTION of the goods... if only europe would instead throwin away alot of food year in year out, a lot of famine could at least be "reduced" in 3rd world countries...

blessss

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
It's just a hopeless and persistent myth, much like cannabis is the victim of the gateway to harder drugs theory, that we NEED meat in our daily diet to stay healthy. We don't.

Tell that to the billions of poor souls around the globe that don't have access to all the fruits and vegtables that we do in the developed countries. People who wouldn't survive if they didn't allow themselves to catch and eat fish and other wild animals.

You walk thru the world with blinders on if you truely think it's the simple clear cut choice you paint here.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Vegans are easy to beat....

Bacon is a gateway meat!

Cook enough bacon within olfactory distance of a vegan and the outcome is inevitable.

cannachant

It's nice to see so many hateful responses :tiphat:

It must feel good rationalizing why you "chooses" to eat meat, beloved carnists (and who the f* cares about correct terminology, I define my own terms and by my standards one who eats meat EVERY day is a bloody carnist).

May I ask when was the last time you didn't eat meat for one whole day?

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
Meat is murder.
Tasty, tasty murder.

I'm off to scarf down some delicious pulled pork sammys.
Oink, oink.

Sgt.Stedenko

Crotchety Cabaholic
Veteran
You can also go vegan/vegetarian and be respectful of the omnivores without the killing the planet/puppies/unicorns bullshit.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude, i hate carnies too. we should totally hang out, maybe protest something.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Carnie chicks are fun to hang out with. Besides they'll be moving on in a week anyway,.

H

h^2 O

RE: Carnie chicks
From the film "The Jerk" starring Steve MArtin. While working at a carnival he writes home - "I should be sending more money shortly as Charlene has promised me a blow job"
Apparently he thought it was a job of some type.

purple_man

Veteran
and by the way, don't get me pack out ze bible, and shtart zeiting ze bible to fend way ze vaginores ehm ... veganores ;)

blessss
ps.: it's my last inapropriate "pseudo monty pythonlicious-like" drift on ze topic!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
-welcome to icmag..we are tolerant of all our friends here but we like to give all our friends shit too...
--i recently realized if i eat salad once in awhile(tastes better w meat and cheese in it) it helps me dump all the meat out of my colon...then i rediscovered raisin bran...dont need the salad anymore...

Latest posts

Latest posts