Botanicare, Coco, and -VT-

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Silica Blast

Silica Blast

High Hennessy:wave:
Thanks GM!! :wave:
I just starting using Silica Blast the other day man.. what do you think of it??
1. It lowers pH a lil bit
2. Strenghtens limbs
***I speak from experience and experimentation....last run I was so destitute that I was bereft of all additives I normally run. I got caught up in a "cultural delusion" :smile: I added back additives one by one and only saw noticeable, positive impacts from two (Liquid Karma and Silica Blast)
3. I cannot attest to this, but, purportedly insects have a harder time penetrating strengthen limbs.
4. In bloom phase I saw a noticeable difference in Shiva from my previous runs without Silica Blast....

A negative :no:

1. In veg when taking clones the limbs are "rubbery".....the limbs are harder to slice....tougher....and flexible in early/mid veg....I like stiff stems when I clone.

Hope that helps :wave:

et al If anyone else would like me to post on why I run any other additives....just ask....my posts are based in experience, not research....

I'm happy to help :smile:

:joint:

G

:chin: VT are you sure you didn't get it backwards with the silica blast?

I use Pro-tekt to raise my PH and I think it's the same as the silica blast?

Looking good eitherway bro :yummy:

GCG

G

-VT- said:
1. It lowers pH a lil bit
You might wanna recheck that VT. Silica Blast will raise your ph. Not in big incriments...but definitely up. I use it as a ph up all the time. I only keep regular ph up around in case my ph doesn't go up enough from the silica blast, and I don't wanna over do it, because once in awhile I screw up and add way too much ph down at once, and I gotta bring it up alot.

-VT- said:
2. Strenghtens limbs

Aboslutely. Gives ya big thick stems.

Cheers,
SH

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
High GCG and suburbanhomeboy :wave:

Thanks guys, I got that backwards....it raises it NOT lowers it lol....
I saw GCG's post earlier but could not reply at the time, but yes...you guys are correct on the Silica Blast RAISING pH...

Sooo glad folks read my posts and catch things like that...as a newbie could have been screwed over from that....thanks a bunch fellas :yes:

I have some Power Flower from Botanicare (will test it out at some point in this show), and wanted to mention it has a little sodium silicate in it already....

I'm not sure it helps plants withstand heat stress though...don;t wanna test that out lol

peace

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Couple changes

Couple changes

I fired up my deumidifier...so, now I am feeding my plants low TDS source water...which means I now feed Cal/Mag+...I'm starting with 1/4 tsp/gal and slowly ramping up if need be. Periodically I'll mix in tap water, but....will continue to fortify with Cal/Mag+

I've suspended the use of Sweet until bloom phase....

Just waiting for the roots to bust out, and clones to root :drum:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Got another ICMAG Care package

Got another ICMAG Care package

This time I was gifted two Strawberry Diesel phenos...
And some goodies from Seedbay :smoke:
Thanks to the "anonymous IC'er" :wave:

:joint:

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
"Cause I've got friends in low places" that's what's up -VT-.... Good to see good friends are helpin the genetic diversity in the stable :yes:

ALSO, I can't wait to see what your green thumbs can do for the Strawberry Deez :wink:

Looks good VT...I'll be watching to see how those turn out...some good headstash for sure :D

Here is my Std...hope you don't mind if I put it in your thread :wink:

JC

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Rez's OGK x c99 Rooted

Rez's OGK x c99 Rooted

-VT- said:
-May trash the Blockhead cutting....not looking good
Glad I changed my mind :D I took her out of the rapid rooter slips had her in and she was rooted....she (along with all rooting cuts) is in the tray/dome in rockwool.....I suspect my next update will be a rooted Blockhead update :D
High Mr GreenJeans (see ya soon...I'll be in touch), imnotcrazy, Johnny Chimpo (thanks for that sweet Straw D pic :D), & Neptune (thanks for bumping my thread) :wave:
-VT- said:
....and I have Rez's OGK x c99, thanks to slips....she's lookin good in the soil bro so I left her in the soil under the dome :yes:
Rooted now...and planted in pure coco :joint:

These are the 3 strains I started out with...(TW, MTF, GDP).....they have been on a CNS17 diet and will feed on CNS17 in bloom as well. Took a final veg shot of them, with a closeup of the MTF (she'll transition first in the CNS17 bloom show)

I'm behind schedule on getting things done and so forth....should be blooming within 3 weeks at the most....I'll post some shots after first wave transitions.....

The rooted lineup thusfar:

Straw D
GDP
Trainwreck
Rez's OGK x c99
MTF
Kali Mist
Odyssey
AK-47

I'll be adding more strains soon :yummy:

peace

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Lookin good from wayyyyyyy over her -VT-, whatever happened to the Abusive???

And sooner rather than later, I should like to be up and runnin again. Hopefully I'll have a new, better job soon and be lookin at houses within a few months :)

You still are damn close to convincing me to do an Ebb & Flow run in Coco Coir

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Decided to ditch the rockwool bubble cloner....

Decided to ditch the rockwool bubble cloner....

imnotcrazy said:
whatever happened to the Abusive???
I have them in the tray/dome...which is heated by my old Walgreens $13 heating pad....(goin' on two years with it)....
They look strong right now....I think they'll root
Thanks man :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
The Build

The Build

For post #2000 :joint:

-Screws are much much better than nails...quieter....easier to teardown....
-The floor UNDER the 4 x 6 base lined with pool liner.
-Additional layer will be added ABOVE the base
- 2 x 4's used for the base, and corner beams
- 1 x 3's used for the ceiling

-NOT PICTURED....12K BTU AC for climate control :sasmokin:

-Panda Plastic....there will be two layers....outside of tent will be lined with blankets for stealth

-Fired up the dehumidifier and dug out a few pumps from the hydro locker

Bloom tent is 4 x 6 (decided to go for less square footage and use the walls)...24 sq/ft feet should produce some nice nugs with 1K and eventually 1400W....

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
1400w, awesome, very decent for that space. What type of screws? They look like star drive which I would reccy. Building your own box is always fun. 2000 posts! Holy crap.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Thanks kosmos!! :wave: I am very impressed with your initial coco effort :yes:

Hey aeric! :wave:

I used round head sheet metal screws for the 1 x 3's, and pan head wood screws for the 2 x 4's. I used an drill bit to pre-drill the holes....had to do this solo lol....took forever.

Yes I'll be over 50w/ft2....I've done some electrical math and have reflected on a 400W summer grow from last year....in my area (considering the AC cooling is a must, whether I go 400W or 1K) the cost of running a 1K show for me is only about $100 more per month....so even if I am inefficient far as g/w is concerned (really could care less at this point lol)....The increase in yield easily justifies the extra cost. So next week I'll start MTF in bloom (alone) around a 1K HPS/Hortilux...and will rotate plants into the bloom room

I've decided to veg exclusively with CNS17....here on out...
-after the CNS17 bloom show I'll veg CNS17
-transition with PBP hydro organic (veg and bloom)
-and finish with PBP soil (truly organic and has LESS N and MORE P/K than PBP hydro)

Kosmo

-VT- said:
Yes I'll be over 50w/ft2....I've done some electrical math and have reflected on a 400W summer grow from last year....in my area (considering the AC cooling is a must, whether I go 400W or 1K) the cost of running a 1K show for me is only about $100 more per month....so even if I am inefficient far as g/w is concerned (really could care less at this point lol)....The increase in yield easily justifies the extra cost. So next week I'll start MTF in bloom (alone) around a 1K HPS/Hortilux...and will rotate plants into the bloom room
:wave: nice bro.

i plan on buildin a nice wood cab. yours looks nice and professional, very well done. yea in your area the a/c's a must.
iam planing on doing 1400W in a 3x8ft cab, vertical lighting. 2x 400W and 1x 600w. i want to grow some massive coco trees.

ive been interested in CNS17 sense botanicare first released it. so i guess i better get out my chair and get the popcorn out, lol :lurk:

keep it up bro

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
High Kosmo :wave: (caught me in a Sativa "post happy" rambling phase :D)

I think you'll have to use the walls as I plan to do....I think your layout (ultimately) is more efficient considering it's rectangular (having three lights spread out). I did a vertical DWC bush grow with a 400W (solo 400) and found I didn't get good enough penetration from the 400W for my vertical style of growing....I did get two zips from a TW that was flipped sick and small....

With vertical lighting spacing is easier IMO...and plants get bushy :D

In your case you can run the 600 high and the 400's low....I would

I'm too worried about light leaks to run my show with the window AC mounted in the tent....my model leaks light....I think this may have made my Calizahr hermie a while back (DWC Calizahr thread)...so my AC will blow into the tent and at lights out I can close up the door (flap) and have a sealed humidity controlled lights out....the ambient temps outside the tent will keep "night" temps optimal AND cool the veg area....

My dehumidifer will only run at lights out set at 45%

I'll be covering much much more...with pics....

I got CNS17 initially for veg only....hell I am dialed in with it now lol...My MTF is just stunning right now....she's goin CNS17 bloomin' next week....

Subsequent bloom shows will feature PBP hydro for the first 4 weeks...then PBP soil (truly organic) for final phase (less N and more P/K )

G

-VT- said:
I got CNS17 initially for veg only....hell I am dialed in with it now lol...My MTF is just stunning right now....she's goin CNS17 bloomin' next week....

Subsequent bloom shows will feature PBP hydro for the first 4 weeks...then PBP soil (truly organic) for final phase (less N and more P/K )

Just finished this little girl blooming with cns17 and a little hygrozyme, and a one shot of KB powder near the end.

Haven't started to use my cns grow yet.

Cheers,
SH