What's new

Botanicare, Coco, and -VT-

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
High coco brothas and sistas :wave:
I used to grow in DWC...then converted to coco...

and I have no regrets...love growin' in coco....

I started using a coco mix (from Botanicare) a couple years back for mommas....this c99 momma from the Botanicare DWC show was in that same coco mix

My last thread was a CNS17 test run in coco...test over :D
I just got a new spot and lost almost all my genetics...so if you're new...this may be a good show to tag...as I am starting from scratch...and will document my progression every step of the way :smile:

For those not so new....this show will feature numerous side by sides

On with the show.....

peace​

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Rockwool Bubble Cloner

Rockwool Bubble Cloner

Lots of OG'ers used this method to clone...MTF Sandman turned me onto it...I became a believer when I was down to my last MTF cut he sent me...and it rooted....

Pretty simple cloner...requires no domes, misting, etc...just lots of bubbles from the GH dual airpump
In fact I just tossed one in the bubbler...and happened to take some shots :D
I like to let the cuttings sit in stasis a couple days to soften up the stems and let 'em acclimate...this one is Trainwreck
I have had success with this INEXPENSIVE rooting powder from Orchard Supply Hardware (under $4) After scarifying a li' bit I dipped her in the stuff...and planted her...in the bubbler
The solution is Superthrive (ST) @ 1/4 tsp/gal...Liquid Karma (LK) at 2 tsp/gal, and SM-90
The temps are in the 70's...hopefully it will warm up in the bubbler...they root faster in heat IME...

I have good success in heat with this method...trays dry out fast and I hate all the misting and stuff....hopefully she will root...sometimes they keel over and die....but GOOD cuts usually root...I have a TW and MTF in the bubbler...so hopefully the offspring will start throwing out roots...if they do...I'll be sure to post up :D

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Hey...keep it in the closet (early veg low budget setup)

Hey...keep it in the closet (early veg low budget setup)

:D
I'm using a Botanicare E/F setup for early veg...handwatering...run to waste....one can easily build something similar with rubbermaids and stuff....

For early veg the plants are lit up by this T5 4 bulb High Output

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nutrient and Plant shots

Nutrient and Plant shots

Thanks Indica Sativa :wave: I'll need it :biglaugh:

I am currently running:
Tap water (no EC meter, so no idea of source water EC)
Superthrive (ST) 1/4 tsp/gal
Liquid Karma (LK) 1 tsp/gal
CNS17 1/2 tsp/gal
Occasional slice of Sweet 1/2 tsp/gal
Silica Blast every other watering or so 1/2 tsp/gal
SM-90 @ 1/2 tsp/gal ('cept when I dose with Bti....which is once a week or so)

I flush once a week with Clearex 30 ml/gal

Later in this show, we'll put some PBP hydro organic into action

Here's what burning seedlings leads to...reverse osmosis and locking out the roots...."reverse Osmosis" is when the roots get burned and actually leach nutrient from the plant...hence the yellow leaves....I've only seen this with seedlings....these foour Chimeras Mental Floss have been through HELL! Power outage...moved 4 times...inside..outside...damn :biglaugh:
Let's see if the new home, and CNS17 brings 'em back to glory...

These plants are watered once (sometimes twice) per day...with buckoo runoff! :smoke:

Trainwreck

Grandaddy

MTF

Lookin' healthy, and well ferted...so far....I always check the leaves to feel if they are dry and crunchy...I can feel them and tell if they're getting burned....droopy leaves is a sign of lockout (among other things)...always looking for that as well...

:pointlaug

Last edited:
G

Looking good so far =] Since your not running as many plants, I am positive this will be a piece a cake for ya!

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I was thinking about that during my downtime....monocropping is easier to dial in...but, I like variety...GDP and Urkle just don't like CNS17 as much as they liked PBP....both strains like MG and humidity (in my garden anyways)...

I'll be adding more strains...even if I have to go buy mislabled and misrepresented clones at a club....sure is nice having a clone supermarket at our disposal...here in Cali :joint:

G

How are those seedlings doing?

I'll be adding more strains...even if I have to go buy mislabled and misrepresented clones at a club....sure is nice having a clone supermarket at our disposal...here in Cali

You lucky Cali folk...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Two of the four are doing better (thanks for asking)....one is "stuck" 'cause I tore some of the roots....the rockwool was not fully submerged into the coco and I wiggled the cube like a dumbass. I'll post pics one they're all alive, healthy, and accounted for.....they'll only feed on LK for now....excited about having something from Chimera in the garden..
Yea, I guess we're blessed, here in Cali....I'll post an update later tonight....as I might be introducing some new genetics, which will be donated by a med patient IC'er...here in Cali :smile:

I gotta build another cloner soon. cause I have to get down to the bidnas of rooting clones....I just filled the bubble cloner with TW, GDP, and MTF....(I topped those 3 mommas pictured earlier)....after they recover from topping they're gonna bloom with CNS17...under 400W

Got lots of work to do....

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Still bloomin w/ the CNS bro? I thought you didn't like it and was going to revert back to the PBP. Either way, one more thread for me to tag :yes:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Wasup brotha
I am doing it so the community can see a full bloom show....I hate being a flake....I have already acquired the PBP hydro organic....all newly rooted clones and seedlings here on out feed on PBP....cept for side by sides....

There will be a PBP vs CNS17 and a PBP vs Canna coco A + B....among other side by sides....like water frequency, for example

Slips may be coming to my new place tonight...with goodies :D...if so I'll update while he's here and cover the smokeout and new genetics :smile:

Good to see ya in my show INC :wave:

G

tag, your it!
i'll be keeping my eye on you.....no, not that eye, the other one.....my good eye.
looking good and healthy, make us proud!

Yet another great thread of yours to tag VT :lurk:

Nice to see your up and running again...I should be blooming shortly too.

I'm using the same T5 fixtures that you got...love em...using two of the 2 ft/4 bulb models in my overpriced Clonebox...has some nice features but should be around $150 instead of $230.

Looking forward to your side by sides...I guess I'm too busy or just too lazy. :D

JC :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Slips just showed up

Slips just showed up

High thorodee, mosca negra, User Name, & Johnny Chimpo :wave:

These youngsters kill me with the blunts (flavored cardboard) :biglaugh:

California Love
:D

Last edited:
Yea...I haven't smoked blunts for a long time...not since I had started growing and ditched the brick.

We used to buy the blunts by the box of 100...fun times...now I'd rather save my weed and lungs by smoking the dank...

I'll have to smoke a blunt sometime soon and reminisce :D

Can't roll a joint but I can roll a blunt...My friends dad who is old school was smoking a blunt with us one time in a garage...we were all standing in a circle and every time it came around to him he would say (in a Homer Simpson like way) oooooh thats a big joint...ROFLMAO...I don't think he knew what a blunt was.

JC

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
They usually make me cough...we got that phillie blunt from a cute neighbor (love these Cali girls :D ) She has good taste...cause I must admit, it tasted sweet :smile:

We smoked some good outdoor....it was some outdoor MTF I think....we had a good time. ...that blunt got 5 or 6 people lit up lol....after slips rolled the second and we smoked it everybody was "cool" lol

Oh....lemme get some shots of the new genetics :D Be back in a bit with pics...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Original Kali Mist from Slips

Original Kali Mist from Slips

And an asssortment of cuts...hoping all root...but I have my cloning slumps lol...the cuts are green and healthy....props slips :respect:
Let's see if I got this right:
A couple Abusive's

And an AK-47, Odyssey, Dabney Blueberry x True Blue (from the DJ), and OGK(Abusive) x c99
Hope I got that right...blunted up right now :joint:

:lurk:

Looks good man...maybe now you won't have to go with those unknowns from the clubs. Good luck to you on rooting them...hope all goes well...

JC

Latest posts

Latest posts