What's new

Bongcritter's 2010 Outdoors

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
those cages look nearly the same as mine, your might be a bit stronger then mine. love your spots man, plants are looking well settled in too. approx how much earth you use to fill the holes?

now i got to go check what happened last year lol

peace and a great season

:wave:

Marcellas

Veteran
im also in the northeast enjoying the sun. unfortunately, i was unable to prepare due to low cash, didn't get bug/SLUG repellent, soil ammendments, ect.. But I have FoxFarms Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom, and 16 plants outside!! So far 4 bagseeds, a SourBubbleBX4, a BlueKush (BlueMoonRocks X SourBubble), and 10 skunk/kush clones (all 10 clones in the same hole, friend rushed me).

im also have a bunch more of BOGs BlueKush, SourBubble, and his new SourStrawberryKush plants getting ready for the outdoors!! looks great bro, hopefully i and others can learn a few things :D
....hopefully our seasons are enjoyable and harvests bountiful, hehe :bump:

aussiemaraman

thanks for the motivation nomaad you lead by example and have helped me look to the light again, hey our business is growing and growing what a pleasure.

bongcritter

Thanks a bunch for the kind words everyone, K+ all around :)

Just got back from a mini-vacation and came back to some HUGE ladies! Well, the sexes aren't quite showing on all of them but I'm pretty sure I saw at least a couple female preflowers...Will check again in a bit to cull males.

But things seem to be doing well! I'm considering adding a round of nutrients soon, but we'll see. Went ahead and topped the ones that I didn't top earlier...so most are pretty topped!

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Here's the first pic I took, when I was simply in awe of the beautiful garden in front of me!!

picture.php

Random individual shot:
picture.php

2nd plot: (before weeding...you can hardly see em!)
picture.php

Random shorter one:
picture.php

Another random: (GWS I am pretty sure)
picture.php

Random individual shots of smaller plants:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I put a water jug in a couple shots for size reference on a couple

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2nd plot after I did some weeding I'm pretty sure:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

1st plot revisited after various weeding and insecticide stuff:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bushing out!!!

picture.php

picture.php

Jack Herer x Cherry Haze
picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
great to see everything looking healthy and vigorus. what's that white powder you have on some of the plants?

that is some beautiful country side you are growing in.

great job, btw how much earth did you give your plants?

bongcritter

Hi gaius, thanks a bunch for stopping by!

The white powder is the SEVIN brand insecticide mentioned in the first page of this thread (you can see a picture of it there). I only plan on dusting them maybe another couple times in the next 2 weeks, but once they start totally flowering I'm going to stop it altogether.

It is pretty nice here this time of year! The sun has been shining down hard on us lately, so we'll take it!

I dug holes about 1foot wide by 1 foot long and about 1.5 to 2 feet deep (some a little more, some a little less). I backfilled those holes with about 50/50 peat moss and Fox Farm Ocean Forest organic soil....So whatever amount a 1x1x2ft hole can hold I suppose! Sorry I dont have a better quantitative idea.

K+ to you and I hope you have an awesome season!!

bongcritter

Just a quick update...

Went and checked on the ladies this morning...All seems to be well! I believe I saw a couple with male preflowers but I am going to wait until I'm completely sure until I destroy them....It's so sad!!!

The ones at the first plot are doing great....There is some pale/yellowing leaves at the 2nd plot and its not doing as well, the plants are shorter and squatter. I may need to think about fertilizing soon with some bloom nutes? I still haven't decided when I really want to.

Anyhow, here's 3 quick pics of the 1st plot.

Some of the Jack Herer x Cherry Hazes are getting TALL AS FUCK. The biggest ones are already over 6 feet tall...But I think one of those is a male...damnit!

Heres a few pics of the 1st plot

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Would love some comments!!! Thanks!! Have a great season all

ronbo51

Veteran
I just got back from sprinkling white powder on my plants, but it was diatomaceous earth and rotenone. Rotenone is available at any farm store, even HD/Lowes. It's made from the root of some shrub I think in South America. It is an effective control for lots of insects. DE is also an organic control, widely available that is shaken onto the leaves and around the base of the plant. It is great against slugs and makes the plants unappealing. Sevin is a systemic insecticide, isn't it? But your plots look great, and your plants are running hard. Good luck

bongcritter

Hi ronbo51! Thanks a bunch for your post in my thread! K+ To you right from the start =)

I am well aware of both DE and rotenone, but I decided to go with Sevin this time around. A lot of growers on this forum suggest it, and I don't plan on using it beyond the veg state....So basically, I am done using it, they wont get any sevin or any insecticide for that matter from here on out! Just going to let the stickiness of the buds do the work for me =)

The bugs haven't been much of an issue this year thankfully, I think the Sevin really worked well! Last year when I used DE, I had 75% of my plants eaten up by bugs....

Trying things new this time around. Still worried about fertilizing....Wishing I could get away with not doing it? But I want primo buds...so thats no good!

bongcritter

Hi everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your season and getting ready for harvest which is around the corner...

It was a beautiful day today here, so I decided to take a lil hike.

picture.php

I have a quick question for anyone that can help: is it ok NOT to give your plants nutes?

I haven't watered or given my plants any nutes, just let the fox farm ocean forest do its job and they seem ok so far. I've seen a lil deficiency here and there, but overall they seem vigorous.

Is it too late to give them some nutes? What should I use? When should I start/stop? Thanks in advance...On with the pics!!

What's that I see in the distance??? Is that a....?? No..it can't be...

picture.php

picture.php

Let's get a little closer...

picture.php

Holy garden batman! Things have blown up at this spot...The other spot is lacking a little, but they are HUGE here...most are around 4-6 feet tall, with some around 7 and one around 9 feet tall or so...shes a monster!

The shorter ones are Great White Sharks while the taller ones are Jack Herer x Cherry Haze.

picture.php

General garden shots:

picture.php

Giant cherry haze is on the right

picture.php

picture.php

I guess topping worked:
picture.php

picture.php

Purply/pinkish pistils on the Great White Sharks...nice?

picture.php

bongcritter

Great White Shark

picture.php

Not sure.

picture.php

Jack Herer x Cherry Haze

picture.php

picture.php

Fucked up ladybug shot

picture.php

GWS i think

picture.php

picture.php

Jack Herer x Cherry Haze

picture.php

picture.php

GWS maybe?

picture.php

bongcritter

Stem shot of the monster:

picture.php

Up higher..

picture.php

And higher

picture.php

And the top

picture.php

From the bottom looking up

picture.php

Another angle

picture.php

Another angle of garden

picture.php

picture.php

2nd plot:

picture.php

GWS:

picture.php

Fat white pistils
picture.php

All GWS:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Found some purpling!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for stopping by!!! Would love some insight into my questions...I also started a thread here: Is it ok NOT to use nutes?

Happy growing!!

bongcritter

Thanks a bunch for the kind post escabar...K+ To you ! Hope everything is going well for you!!

Would love some more thoughts on my nute situation...Should I feed them or just let em go??? I plan on harvesting in mid october...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
awesome update!

looks like you will have a busy harvest session or 10 :)

great guerrilla grow, hope it's a massive harvest :joint:

:wave:

Manitoid

If you are going organic i say fertilise. middle of october is 6 weeks away. wow only 6 weeks away.

Rather than scratch in long term maybe water once or twice with liquid ferts. that way your worries of is it too late will not be a problem.

plus when playing with organics, one doesnt focus as heavily on "flush"

escabar

Thank you BC. Things are going well over in my garden.
From the looks of your pictures you don't seem to need to fertilize. Your buds will swell if given ample water and if possible some molasses mixed @ 1tsp/gal. Also if accessible, I would say get some mushroom compost and put ~1cup scratched in the surface near the base of the plant. The myceluim (mushroom mass) will help to release nutrients already present in your soil, negating the need to fertilize.