What's new

Is it ok to NOT use nutrients outdoors?

bongcritter

Hey what's up everyone,

I started my plants back in April and put them outside in June. I have about 25 in total, so it is a complete pain to tend to all of them in a guerrilla location.

I'm kind of concerned because I haven't been able to haul a bunch of water up to my plot, so I haven't been able to water or fertilize my plants at all. The rain schedule has been great though, and they have been getting enough water and are not wilting or anything.

In fact, they are doing quite well. I know nutes would make them even better, but I was trying to lay off using them this year since I used so much last year my buds ended up tasting/turning out kinda funky.

Unfortunately I just didn't get around to adding any nutes this time around.

Is it too late to start adding nutes? I'm in the northeast, so I'm looking at a early to mid October harvest depending on the weather.

Also, just to note, they are all in good soil. I dug holes for each of the plants and filled them up with about a 50/50 mix of Peat Moss and Fox Farm Ocean Forest. The FFOF should supply them with some nutes, as well as the natural surrounding earth, am I right? How much more do they actually need? And what kind is best to use?

edit: Pics of my grow are in the link in my sig...They are a lot bigger and different now though, will get new pics in the next 24-48 hours

Thanks a bunch in advance for any and all answers! K+ and thanks in advance!

Fat Tone

It depends on your area and predators in your area.My buddy has some really nice plants that he hasn't done anything to them but put them in good soil.Nothing else and their 6 ft bushes right now.

I would never try that because im just not that lucky.If i didn't tend to my plants.I know they wouldn't be half of what they are now.

If you want to water without carrying water in.Use some dry fertilizer right before it rains as a top dressing.I've been having good success doing this this year.I've been using Fox Farm Happy Frog Fruit & Flower.Last about a month in the dirt which isn't that long.

JOJO420

Veteran
It's all good :)

It's all good :)

Aloha bro. After seeing your post and your plants, I say go ahead n fertilize if can. If cannot, you will be fine. You are lucky in having good native soil. Plants look healthy n green.:tiphat: If these were my plants I would go get some high quality Guano, something with high P and K. Even a little N is ok, like 1-2 % nothing more. I would then sneak out to my patch with some water and my guano and scratch in my ferts and water em in a bit. Your plants will love ya for it. Guano will not attract animals either and its light to carry long distances. Now you have to figure out how to maximize hauling your water.
As for the guano, about3- 5 lbs will do ya for the whole season.
I even suggest looking into organic base nutrients in a bottle such as Pura Vida from Technaflora and Pure Blend Pro from Botanicare. One small bottle will cost ya around 20 bucks and will last all season. Its really all you need.
How easy is it to get water to your patch?

Latest posts

Latest posts