What's new

Bongcritter's 2010 Outdoors

bongcritter

Thanks for the advice InPotiTrust...

What do you think I should do since I already sprayed them?? Just spray down with water and wait a bit?? or just wait, no water??

It has rained a little, that should help rinse them off...

Let me know what you guys think, really need help here, mold is freaking me out

bongcritter

Hi all,

Made a new thread about this but I figured I'd put it here also.

I've recently started to find various spots of bud rot in my plants, and its really freaking me out.

A couple of my smaller plants got it real bad, but the larger ones only have it in parts.

I have 2 ladies that are doing very well, but I may have spotted some VERY EARLY signs of bud rot on them. I know the shit spreads very quickly, so is my best bet just to cut these 2 down now?

They look like they might be ready, but I'm not sure...THey could probably use more time, but I am trying to hedge my losses.

Please let me know what you guys think...I'm planning on chopping these 2 in about 12 hours...All feedback is appreciated!

Thanks, heres the pics

There are 2 different plants but i got the pics a little mixed up...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if you feel it's a bit early, then just take the top colas on the plants you think are in danger of getting bud rot. that way you can leave the smaller buds out another few days or a week without worrying about losing your main colas.

another thing i some times do with new strains, i will cut a lower branch off and let it quick dry on or near my computer. that way the bud can be smoked in 3 days and you get an idea how it tastes and hits. this helps decide if you want to wait longer or not.

how do the trichome heads look on those plants you are planning to cut? do you have any amber colored heads?

bongcritter

Well, I had to cut everything down last week....Did 4 early ones on Saturday 9/25, trimmed em up all nice...

Then I came back the next morning, and I had the 3 biggest tops from my tallest plant ripped!! Totally ganked, and they even left a bud dangling by a stem, wtf??

For some reason the rippers left everything else around them...THey only ripped my tallest one, which was a Jack Herer x Cherry Haze....Wasn't even ready yet....but I had to chop everything because I couldn't risk losing it all....THey def. got the nicest haze also.

Oh well though, such is life...I would love to have left the ladies out even longer, but I was starting to see some bud rot pretty bad in some so I think it was time anyhow.

I have a bunch of pictures and will be posting them soon...Took them right before chopping.

Been drying this past week and just got everything into jars yesterday. Curing them now, burping them 2-3 times a day for 20-30 minutes a piece.

Should I be rotating the buds in the jars?

Dry weight of crop: 382.5 grams or 13.7 ounces...Depending on how you look at it!

bongcritter

Pic time...

This is my secondary plot really....about 15 or so Great White Shark plants....They didn't grow to be very tall but they all ended up very potent and nice looking...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

The Jack Herer x Cherry Haze that didn't get ripped from me....Very tall, about 6-7 feet. She wasn't totally ready, but quite nice looking and the thin, sharp sativa leaves are beautiful.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

---
The nicest Jack Herer x Cherry Haze, but the tops got RIPPED as you can clearly see....Fucker took the nicest one. This one was more ready and actually has a cherry soda type aroma. Only got about 13 grams from her....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

---
Here is one that I thought was Great White Shark, but it did not grow like the other GWSs at all, so I'm starting to think otherwise. Maybe it's the random Trainwreck I put out there, or just a random outdoor seed I had ( I only used 2 or 3 random seeds, the rest I knew what they were) Just got this mixed up...

She def. looks different from the rest and I didn't top her...so perhaps thats the reason why? She still looks different though. Nice chunky leaves on the buds, and very crystally.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

----

Now this is the other one I thought could either be a Trainwreck or a GWS....Either way, she turned out nice!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

--
This one is one of my favorites....Great White Shark...But she grew very bright pink and purple pistils...She has a fruity aroma to her now that she's curing away also....Turned out real nice, I think I got around 44 grams from her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

More of the pink pistil GWS pheno

picture.php

picture.php

--
A nice GWS that didn't turn out huge...Didn't top this one either, it just grew into one nice big cola

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

----
Random GWS shots of the bigger ones...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Drying shots

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

Thanks for viewing...It's been a wonderful and amazing season and I am extremely happy to be able to have shared it with you guys...Will show you guys some dried bud shots and jar shots in a bit...

Thanks again for everything you guys have done to help...Would have never made it here without you...Unfortunately I had to chop early due to rippers and everything wasn't 100% ready...But such is the natures of outdoor guerilla growing....

Once again, thanks and I hope you have enjoyed a great season!!!!! Please drop some comments!!!

InPotiTrust

Sorry i missed ya there bongcritter congrats on the harvest and making it thru even tho you got some of them ripped....Your gona have to find some new spots for next season right now....I've learned that you'll never get 100% outdoors ever mother nature knows how to work her hand to fuck us really well...

Latest posts

Latest posts