What's new

Bongcritter's 2010 Outdoors

bongcritter

:jump:

Winter is finally over in the brutal northeast, and I decided to begin germinating my seeds today.

Still messing with bagseed this year, but I have some super legit Great White Shark seeds I got from some amazing bud, so I am looking forward to those coming out nicely.

The plan is:

1) Put the seeds in a cup of water for 24 hours

2) Move seeds to moist paper towel until taproot appears

3a) Move seeds to rockwool cubes, place in seed tray

OR

3b) Sow seeds directly into a soil mix...Which is better? I can't decide.

Which kind of mix should I start seeds in?

Last year I put the rockwool sprouts in a mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest cut with about 50% perlite and it seemed to do ok.

Trying to do things RIGHT this time around though!

Would love some input! And thanks everyone for all your support on my grow last year, hopefully this one will be much heavier!

Grow on, ICmaggers!

bongcritter

nomaad! Long time no see buddy, I'm glad you are still around! I hope last year's season was stellar for you man. Your advice for me helped a lot, and I'm hoping it helps even more this time around.

Gonna hit up the grow shop soon, will check for the GH Rapid Rooters.

Thanks bud!

nomaad

Veteran
OH... so I'm the big fat dork with an internet addiction... fine... i see how it is. ;)

D

DiiZZii3

Damn bro i read thru ur 09 grow and was pleasantly suprised with the outcome after all ur setbacks... anyway after reading thru that im psyched to see how it goes for ya this year, best of luck!!!!

nomaad

Veteran
his 09 grow is being considered by wikipedia for inclusion in the article on "perseverance."

bongcritter

lol, thanks guys :)

I figure with persistence and actual knowledge this time, I can pull some decent weight. Who knows though, so many factors in the outdoor world to worry about!

Popped a couple more seeds in water today, took the others out and put them in wet paper towels....I see a little taproot action, but not a whole lot.

Lets pull for some ladies! I would add pics, but this is a pretty boring stage. Fuck it, I'll take pics anyway.

bongcritter

Seed shots!
\

Attachments

• HPIM0819.jpg
    HPIM0819.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
  • HPIM0820.jpg
    HPIM0820.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 20

bloodwash

hey man, just read your grow log from last night!

you went through hell and back!!! hopefully this year turns out much much better dude!

good luck!

bongcritter

Update!

Update!

Hi guys!

Hope you are doing well and experiencing a wonderful start to our 2010 season - it's going to be a great one!

Sorry for the lack of updates...I have a lot more ladies to deal with this time around, so I've found that it's hard enough just to care for them all, let alone document the whole thing! But the worst is pretty much over, now, as far as the work goes.

The final count is 27....Put about 13 out 2 weeks ago each in their own individual holes, backfilled with Fox Farm ocean forest and Peat Moss....about 50/50......

Put the other 14 out just last Sunday, so they are now all officially outside! My plans for the season.

Bugs:

(1) Spray them all down with some Organica K+ Neem
OB41906-1.jpg

(2) Light dusting with SEVIN insecticide
sevin5can.jpg

Seems like the best bet for getting all the annoying bugs out of the way while the plants are in their vegetative state. Once they hit flower, I don't think I'll be using this stuff anymore since it's not exactly organic and tasty...

(3) Spread Slug/snail killing pellets all around the plots
4lbPellets.jpg

Slugs were a bitch last year, so I'm trying to just make it a non-issue this time around.

Each picture is the exact product I'm using...

As far as keeping animals away, so far all I have done is build some chicken wire fences painted green for them, but some have already outgrown them!!

I will be getting pics of the plot ASAP....Here's some pics from 2 weeks to about a month ago from when the babies were just starting...Ended up with 27 healthy seedlings sprouting...

Pic time...

picture.php

picture.php

Randoom (good) outdoor seeds I started out with just to get warmed up:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

More pics....Should have some of the plot soon I'm hoping!!! They are doing well though last time I checked on them!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

bongcritter

Pictures!

Pictures!

Hello all! I hope you are having an awesome season! Been pretty rainy here....just checked on the ladies today...Whoo are the slugs out!!! I'm glad I have the pellets but damn I am runnin thru em quick! Slugs everywhere!! I'm hoping it dries up soon

Anyhow...The ladies seem to be doing well...A couple are showing a little bit of bug damage...some more than others...BUT the majority are healthy!!!

The Jack Herer x Cherry Haze are growing tall and quick!

Great White Sharks are still a bit bushy but growing quick!

I need to top them soon!! Any and all topping help is very nice....I plan on just cutting the new growth off at the main stem above the 3rd to 4th set of leaves once I feel like they are nice and hardened off and used to the outdoors....Let me know what you think...

Anyhow, heres the pics!

Entrance:
picture.php

These are shots of the 1st plot:

1st plot, right side:
picture.php

1st plot, middle:
picture.php

1st plot, left
picture.php

bongcritter

Individual Plants at Plot 1

Individual Plants at Plot 1

Here are individual shots of each of the plants at Plot 1...Around 13 I believe.

Pretty sure most of these are Great White Shark:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Random outdoor seed I started earlier than the rest....It's takin off!!
picture.php

Another random OD I believe
picture.php

These are the Jack Here x Cherry Haze...Growing VERY TALL quickly!

Kinda lanky...Not as bushy as the GWS..Still pretty healthy though

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bongcritter

Plot 2

Plot 2

This is my 2nd plot...Very wide open, lots of sun I'm hoping!! :)

picture.php

Plot 2, right side:
picture.php

picture.php

Plot 2, Middle ish:
picture.php

picture.php

Plot 2, Left
picture.php

bongcritter

Plot 2 Individual Shots

Plot 2 Individual Shots

Individual shots of the 2nd plot:

Most are Great White Shark here....Might be one Trainwreck hidden in the midst!!

In general these are smaller since I just put them out last week, but seem to be doing alright...some seem quite stunted, but I'm giving them all a chance

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I missed a couple...but thats the general idea!

All comments, questions, help and constructive criticism is welcome!

Hell just talk shit about my grow, as long as I can get something out of it!! Let me know guy!!

Thanks and I hope you are having awesome seasons everyone!!! Smoke on!! :dance013:

bongcritter

It's nice and sunny here and I hope everyone else is having some nice rays shining their way!

Any and all feedback on my grow would be awesome!!

rocket high

Veteran
like your outdoor ... very nice ..i might go down your root next year as mine is ott ..damn deer's.... but they're every where at my grow so i had to be extreme ..i like the painted green mesh ..very good keep it up man ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts