What's new

BOG Seeds Sour Bubble.

Mithridate

Seems a shame.. I wonder what happened to all his mums? A lifetimes work
I do not know for sure, but if there was only one copy of each cuts when BOG passed, they may have been left unattended and dried up or something of the kind...

I assume JR has lots and lots of backup seeds. BOG said a long time ago that he kept a good portion of each batch etc

We know bog lost a couple cuts before, and had to reselect parents from seed stock (ie lifesaver, bog bubble)

As much as id love to see the classics make a comeback, what happens next is up to JR..

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apparently jr made a phone appearance on a pot show, where he basically mentions no new seeds yet and no more parent plants/cuts.

Either way...
What show are you talking about? Glad they explained about production.

Redrum92

Blows my mind these are available still. Idolized this thread as a teenager, assumed i would never have access to the genetics. What a gift.

So, SHN claims BOG intentionally stashed a massive cache of seeds with them during his career for this exact purpose. Hope that's true

Just ordered a pack of the SB, because how can I turn down a legend- shit belongs in a museum. Will be a single 13 pack of regular seeds, which kinda sucks, because I don't have space for males, and want as many females to choose from as possible, but I suppose If I were to ever do a pollen chuck, this would be the time. I prefer to just hunt keeper females and clone to maintain a line.

Will try to post updates in a few months. I'm nervous they are either ancient seeds that won't pop, or some pollen chuck knockoff/F2. Does anyone know what version of SB SHN has? Bx2 or bx3 seem to be the most common, but it doesn't specify, I guess it's just the o.g. SB?

Last edited:

buckaroobonsai

Blows my mind these are available still. Idolized this thread as a teenager, assumed i would never have access to the genetics. What a gift.

So, SHN claims BOG intentionally stashed a massive cache of seeds with them during his career for this exact purpose. Hope that's true

Just ordered a pack of the SB, because how can I turn down a legend- shit belongs in a museum. Will be a single 13 pack of regular seeds, which kinda sucks, because I don't have space for males, and want as many females to choose from as possible, but I suppose If I were to ever do a pollen chuck, this would be the time. I prefer to just hunt keeper females and clone to maintain a line.

Will try to post updates in a few months. I'm nervous they are either ancient seeds that won't pop, or some pollen chuck knockoff/F2. Does anyone know what version of SB SHN has? Bx2 or bx3 seem to be the most common, but it doesn't specify, I guess it's just the o.g. SB?
That really is the question isn’t it? I personally break Sour Bubbles into 2 eras, pre 2011 and post 2011. Those who know can easily tell just by looking at them.

beta

Veteran
I was always under the impression that BOG wasn't huge on keeping clones at all hence the constantly changing versions of crosses. I may be wrong about that though.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have my 2010 bog keeper I found in a Sour Mix pack. It's either an SLS or SLSD. She is Sour Bubble dom. I tried to get the last 4 seeds to germ but couldn't.

greencalyx

Premium user
Still kills me that I never got any of bogs older gear. Been following and a huge fan of his work ever since i was in high school.

I saw him at the Denver cannabis cup in 2012. I wanted to scope out all the booths first, for some reason, and was gonna circle back and get a pack of sour bubble. I ended up having too many dabs and got lost and couldn't find him again.

I did get a pack of lifesaver in 2021 after hearing the news, and just got a pack of sour bubble a couple months ago. That is next on my grow list. We'll see how it goes

Redrum92

Anyone have info on which SourBubble might be in stock right now at SHN, (year/age, Bx#, made by Sr/Jr, etc)? I know it's probably unknowable but can't hurt to ask

Last edited:

greencalyx

Premium user
I listened to that interview with Bog Jr done the end of last year (mentioned on the previous page of this thread). From what I gathered, BOG Jr had been reproducing the lines, but from seed, not the original clones that are long gone.

He didn't mention what seedstock he used for this (what's available now), I don't believe, but he did specifically mention that he just started some old bx2 seeds not long before the interview (12/30/22), and got some seedlings, so there's that. iirc

acespicoli

1675733886180.png

🤘

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of bogs early male selections vs. mine🤙🏻💚💚💚

Attachments

• DEC50637-431B-4A3C-9082-7FB1A24F8AC8.jpeg
    DEC50637-431B-4A3C-9082-7FB1A24F8AC8.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DE5A0BEA-7C17-455E-B646-E6CD2A50A4EC.jpeg