What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

bobblehead

Veteran
Thanks Festivus! This means it's time to get to work on tester flip/flopped bobblecabs... I have a 400w lumatek laying around not doing anything... :D

attachment.php

labtec

Hey bobble, I searched this thread and couldn't find what size water pump you use to run your veg drip setup. I use a 1000 gph for mine, and it seems to work perfectly for my 15 dripstake double level setup. I originally tried my measly 396 gph, but that couldn't even pressurize one level of my setup.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Nice update mate, tasty sounding beans there too :) Gald to hear that drip system is working out well fer yas bobble! I'll be picking your brain about that when the time comes...

I was going to ask how much longer you thought they'd stretch for but you've answered... They should fill in the space quite well if they still have another week of stretch left... I was wondering if they would or not tbh.

I'm currently trying to figure out if I should continue to run my 2m/sq tent housing 4x600w's flat SOG or go vert, yup I've got the bug :D Thing is, limiting factor with the tent is the height of 2m. But I'm in a rental so no construction can take place! It's either a tent or nothing, lol. I'm gonna post up a thread in these forums and check what the other guys in tents are doing vert wise, but would like you guys thoughts on it if that's cool with you bobble??

Lawladash

Looks like I'm not TOO late to pull up a chair. It's been amazing just sitting back, seeing all of your thoughts go into action. It's given me a lot to think about for when I move at the beginning of the year. So with air being moved 2x a minute, you don't have to worry about any kind of heat/moisture issues? What's the average humidity like in your area? Do you need a humidifier? So much to learn still. :bow:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Thanks for the suggestions guys. The reason I had thought about a heater was that there was a study published a few years ago suggesting 86 F as the optimal temp for cannabis photosynthesis. Since I'm already in that ball park at the moment, I figured bringing temp UP would be the way to go. Not looking for humidity issues though.

Thanks for your suggestions/advice.

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey bobble, I searched this thread and couldn't find what size water pump you use to run your veg drip setup. I use a 1000 gph for mine, and it seems to work perfectly for my 15 dripstake double level setup. I originally tried my measly 396 gph, but that couldn't even pressurize one level of my setup.

lol... I only use a 500gph pump... It pumps everything up to the ceiling via 1/2" tubing, and it goes down 1/4" drip line.

Nice update mate, tasty sounding beans there too :) Gald to hear that drip system is working out well fer yas bobble! I'll be picking your brain about that when the time comes...

I was going to ask how much longer you thought they'd stretch for but you've answered... They should fill in the space quite well if they still have another week of stretch left... I was wondering if they would or not tbh.

I'm currently trying to figure out if I should continue to run my 2m/sq tent housing 4x600w's flat SOG or go vert, yup I've got the bug :D Thing is, limiting factor with the tent is the height of 2m. But I'm in a rental so no construction can take place! It's either a tent or nothing, lol. I'm gonna post up a thread in these forums and check what the other guys in tents are doing vert wise, but would like you guys thoughts on it if that's cool with you bobble??

2m is plenty tall... just make sure you have the air cruising through there to keep it cool. How are you going to hang the lamps? all 4 side by side, staggered, 2 x 2 on top of each other?

Looks like I'm not TOO late to pull up a chair. It's been amazing just sitting back, seeing all of your thoughts go into action. It's given me a lot to think about for when I move at the beginning of the year. So with air being moved 2x a minute, you don't have to worry about any kind of heat/moisture issues? What's the average humidity like in your area? Do you need a humidifier? So much to learn still. :bow:

I live in the Great Lake State.... lol... Humidity can be anywhere from 0-100%.

I have over-sized environmental controls. Check out my flip pod "time to get serious" thread in my sig. There's a rundown of everything I have.

I humidify my veg tent and the pod that is stretching, the rest is kept dry with my drizair200. Air exchange 2x a minute, and heat and humidity are under control.

So I took an oz of seeded Hindu Kush, and gave BHO a shot for the first time... and of course I whipped it... but I don't know if you would consider this wax or budder? Anyway, it's pretty nice... :smokey: I got about 3g from 1oz and 1 can of vector butane.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 14

GoozMan

Mmm that looks real nice. I recently tried ISO for the first time with some trim and it was great. Just curious, what kind of tube did you use for running the butane through the material?

Lawladash

I live in the Great Lake State.... lol... Humidity can be anywhere from 0-100%.

I have over-sized environmental controls. Check out my flip pod "time to get serious" thread in my sig. There's a rundown of everything I have.

I humidify my veg tent and the pod that is stretching, the rest is kept dry with my drizair200. Air exchange 2x a minute, and heat and humidity are under control.
Awesome to hear, still shooting for the 10-12 lbs mark? I can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. :lurk:

D

DHF

The size of rootmass built till end of stretch is the most important part of the equation for budbuilding till end of cycle as Heathie hollered atchas about Bro.....but......

Whatchas might not know is that he`s a whacker and a hacker that taught me bout trimmin , shapin , prunin out sucker branches ftw during pre-veg immediately after fully rooted "big" cuts to start with , and then on thru end of stretch for canopy management......but......

What happens when yas start whackin and shapin em to look all alike and stay the relative same size throughout their life is they get stunted and back up buildin more roots as they recover from their traning process to fill out accordingly till end of stretch in the big rooms 12/12....

I think that`s prolly the most passed over detail when goin fer tha gpw`s is that baby cuts take forever to root , grow nothing like the one next to em in the cloners , and haveta run longer to get to the proper pre-veg size before goin into the flip rooms ta fill in every sq in of sideways canopy by end of stretch.......IOW....

Take bigger cuts....limbs if needed in the upper parts of the moms and strip em out beneath for rooting......Anyways....The proper hybrid strain roots faster , stretches taller , puts on more laterals , and responds to recovery alot better than indica dominant varieties for production purposes IME........

All about the roots my buddy......truer words were never spoken.....and the egg crate shit for fluorescent fixtures has been in my stable for yrs since I started growin inside even with my krusty and ebb and flow buckets just for keepin the buckets raised , but with the sp`s it was ta keep em up off the floor and breathin underneath for optimum rootzone health as you`ve figured out....

I never told yas bout usin it ?......my bad.....guess it never came up......

Peace Bro....Freds....:ying:.....

Last edited:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobble I am having problems understanding what DHF is getting at OR I am really stoned...is he saying do MORE prunage to the canopy to increase root mass or less? Or am I missing the whole point (sorry Fred sometimes I get everything you say, other times it goes over my head). This seems like a *very* important point though and I want to understand it so I can impliment it.

Lawladash

Bobble I am having problems understanding what DHF is getting at OR I am really stoned...is he saying do MORE prunage to the canopy to increase root mass or less? Or am I missing the whole point (sorry Fred sometimes I get everything you say, other times it goes over my head). This seems like a *very* important point though and I want to understand it so I can impliment it.

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I've picked up quite a bit of information just reading what he's saying to other people and molding it into my situation, which has actually helped quite a bit in not making mistakes that I thought would have yielded very good outcomes, come to find out they would have been a fairly big flop.

bobblehead

Veteran
Awesome to hear, still shooting for the 10-12 lbs mark? I can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. :lurk:

I think maybe 8 could happen this time... but I don't want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch. I already killed 3 plants the very first week, and didn't have replacements. Since then, it's been going great. Best grow so far.

bobblehead

Veteran
The size of rootmass built till end of stretch is the most important part of the equation for budbuilding till end of cycle as Heathie hollered atchas about Bro.....but......

Whatchas might not know is that he`s a whacker and a hacker that taught me bout trimmin , shapin , prunin out sucker branches ftw during pre-veg immediately after fully rooted "big" cuts to start with , and then on thru end of stretch for canopy management......but......

What happens when yas start whackin and shapin em to look all alike and stay the relative same size throughout their life is they get stunted and back up buildin more roots as they recover from their traning process to fill out accordingly till end of stretch in the big rooms 12/12....

I think that`s prolly the most passed over detail when goin fer tha gpw`s is that baby cuts take forever to root , grow nothing like the one next to em in the cloners , and haveta run longer to get to the proper pre-veg size before goin into the flip rooms ta fill in every sq in of sideways canopy by end of stretch.......IOW....

Take bigger cuts....limbs if needed in the upper parts of the moms and strip em out beneath for rooting......Anyways....The proper hybrid strain roots faster , stretches taller , puts on more laterals , and responds to recovery alot better than indica dominant varieties for production purposes IME........

All about the roots my buddy......truer words were never spoken.....and the egg crate shit for fluorescent fixtures has been in my stable for yrs since I started growin inside even with my krusty and ebb and flow buckets just for keepin the buckets raised , but with the sp`s it was ta keep em up off the floor and breathin underneath for optimum rootzone health as you`ve figured out....

I never told yas bout usin it ?......my bad.....guess it never came up......

Peace Bro....Freds....:ying:.....

No, he didn't mention that hat he's a whacker... Thanks for sharing that info. I've noticed the things you're talking about just through observation. I had like 16 plants that were actually 2 month old clones, but I had kept them in small pots and took clones off them to keep them small. Those plants are now HUGE... 2x the size of their younger sisters.

Naw I don't think you ever mentioned the egg crate stuff, but maybe I just missed it... There were a few things along the way that I had looked over...

I'll tell ya what though, the more I treat my veg like flower... high power light, major air exchange, automated regular strength feeds... The better the plants are turning out.

Like you said, it's all about runs under yer belt. I shouldn't have expected myself to have a perfect grow last time. My hopes were a little too high. lol... But I damn sure made certain to learn from the mistakes.

bobblehead

Veteran

I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. I've picked up quite a bit of information just reading what he's saying to other people and molding it into my situation, which has actually helped quite a bit in not making mistakes that I thought would have yielded very good outcomes, come to find out they would have been a fairly big flop.

ok dewds... I'm gonna break this down, and if I miss something, I know Freds will fill in the blanks.

What you're looking at, the plant, all the green stuff... Has nothing to do with what's happening on the surface, it's all about what's happening down below. The roots. All the great growers know this. You're not growing the plant, you're growing the roots!

It's ok to hack away at your plants... b/c the root mass is still there. Leaves are directly related to roots. Roots draw up the fertilizer and water, and it gets sent to the leaves to be converted to sugar, and then it gets sent back to the roots for storage. Roots and leaves are directly related.

Anyway, Freds was telling me that when you cut a plant, you stunt it... etc... go back and read his post.

This means that you can shape your plant to fit in it's space, and it's going to grow big fat juicy buds b/c it has the root-mass of a larger plant.

Fan leaves can be removed after the stretch, b/c their work is over. They have 4 weeks to build up their carbohydrates in the roots, and then the buds are going to start swelling and drawing on the reserves... You keep feeding the plant, but not too heavy... and by the end of flower, it will have used up all of it's stored carbs, and you won't have to flush anything. No need for a Kool Bloom slam. If you treat your plant right during stretch, it'll be ready for bloom.

Seriously guys, it's all in the books. You just have to interpret the info.

D

DHF

Sorry guys.......It`s a whole different ballgame growin production than for personal cuz things haveta happen accordingly for optimum results .....but.....

Hackin out , pruning , and shaping comes with learning your strain and what it needs to touch each plant side by side , above and below each level , and fill out accordingly for optimum canopy till end of cycle after end of stretch so no plant competes with the other for light or environment till end of cycle.....

Bobble....Handle this.....I`m goin crabbin..

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok dewds... I'm gonna break this down, and if I miss something, I know Freds will fill in the blanks.

What you're looking at, the plant, all the green stuff... Has nothing to do with what's happening on the surface, it's all about what's happening down below. The roots. All the great growers know this. You're not growing the plant, you're growing the roots!

It's ok to hack away at your plants... b/c the root mass is still there. Leaves are directly related to roots. Roots draw up the fertilizer and water, and it gets sent to the leaves to be converted to sugar, and then it gets sent back to the roots for storage. Roots and leaves are directly related.

Anyway, Freds was telling me that when you cut a plant, you stunt it... etc... go back and read his post.

This means that you can shape your plant to fit in it's space, and it's going to grow big fat juicy buds b/c it has the root-mass of a larger plant.

Fan leaves can be removed after the stretch, b/c their work is over. They have 4 weeks to build up their carbohydrates in the roots, and then the buds are going to start swelling and drawing on the reserves... You keep feeding the plant, but not too heavy... and by the end of flower, it will have used up all of it's stored carbs, and you won't have to flush anything. No need for a Kool Bloom slam. If you treat your plant right during stretch, it'll be ready for bloom.

Seriously guys, it's all in the books. You just have to interpret the info.

Bobble, thank you very much, this makes it a lot clearer, Fred sorry I didn't understand what you were getting at. I see ONE thing I will already change NEXT run no removing fan leaves for the stretch!

BTW - Books are SOOOO 1987, c'mon this is 2011 who reads (j/k)...give me your "recomended" reading list and I will download it onto my iPad2 and Android phone.

bobblehead

Veteran
lol... I don't have a recommended text for you buddy.

I've had several classes covering biology and chemistry... So I read actual text books... lol... but I do get a lot of information from the internet as well, you just have to make sure it's credible.

The thing is, you can't just take bits and pieces and expect to get the whole picture... You have to learn about cells, and then learn about the plant, and it's internals, and how they work... and then go back to learning some more about the environment... and put it all together and realize how the plant is going to react to a particular situation, and why... and when you know why, you can manipulate things.

There is also experience... Which is priceless.. but if you add the research component, well then you're accelerating the progress exponentially.

It also helps to learn about the scientific process... so you can perform proper experiments... Cause your environment is different from everyone else's, right? So the plants are going to react differently in each environment, so there is always going to be an element of trial and error...

EDIT: I bet your girl has some biology 131 text books laying around... Chemistry might be a bit heavy... but bio 131 is cake. :D Bread and butter daily life.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
omg how did YOU know my girldfriends library....would organic chemistry help me?

I read a lot on the interweb's, but I also like to have fun. If I didn't have a job that took me on the road we have one of the leading horticulture departments in the world at UCSC, they were getting into organic gardening before ANYONE even heard about it. I just met a guy at a very small grow shop that brews his own compost tea, his name is Angus but we all call him the "professor". Literally people from all over the hills and SC County come to my little home town and the shop he works for to get his "tea" it is the SHIT! He tried to explain to me how he made it and I just glazed over....he lost me in the 2nd sentence ...and I'm not totally stupid.

Anyway I would love to get a textbook on Horticulture or related biology reading.

EDIT: OK found some light reading how's this?

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
omg how did YOU know my girldfriends library....would organic chemistry help me?

I read a lot on the interweb's, but I also like to have fun. If I didn't have a job that took me on the road we have one of the leading horticulture departments in the world at UCSC, they were getting into organic gardening before ANYONE even heard about it. I just met a guy at a very small grow shop that brews his own compost tea, his name is Angus but we all call him the "professor". Literally people from all over the hills and SC County come to my little home town and the shop he works for to get his "tea" it is the SHIT! He tried to explain to me how he made it and I just glazed over....he lost me in the 2nd sentence ...and I'm not totally stupid.

Anyway I would love to get a textbook on Horticulture or related biology reading.

EDIT: OK found some light reading how's this?

picture.php

organic chem is really heavy... I'm talking about Chem 131, where you learn the elements, and how they work... molecules, neutrons, protons, electrons... Then you understand why fertilizer works the way it does... and there's biological reactions going on inside the plant that are pH dependent as well.. but really this stuff isn't that important to know... The basics are what's important... The rest generally stays in order as long as you follow the basics.

It was like when I was told to use drip clean... and I read what it does, and b/c of what I had learned about ions and how atoms bond, I knew that it was a good product, and not just some snake oil that you guys thought was the next best thing.

Trust nobody. Any asshole can come on here, and pass off conjecture as fact. 20% of the population in the US has a bachelors degree...So most people are posting based on personal experience, and some personal research, maybe. Very few people have a formal education... Chimera and Gratefulhead are two of the most intelligent breeders out there. They've both had formal education. They never speak a word of garbage... That can't be said about some other "breeders". Being why I'm always cautioning you about buying seeds. Most of them are really just pollen chuckers.

Man, I'm high... I'm so off topic....

EDIT: I get it... the organic chem was a joke.. ha ha...