What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

labtec

get one of those pimp ass honda generators for the ventilation.hehe. Probably would still be pretty loud though. Just tell your neighbors that you've got a freezer full of venison or something. :)

MIway

Veteran
Something went wrong just last night. I lost power for about 8 hours! No air moving... No air conditioning... and if I didn't run coco... No water.

IDK how straight hydro guys can do it with power outages. Sometimes the storms are bad enough that we'll lose power for several days at a time.

I'm only at 6 weeks flowering my multi-strain grow... thankfully... This had better not happen again over the next 5 weeks...

It really is a trip here... both the size of the T-Storms & the outages, right here in the city. U'r right around the corner... and across my street... literally 30 yards away... they've gone out twice since I've been here, though I haven't been hit. Very odd, the power grid here... my lights do flicker across the whole house with high winds. Crazy for the city.

bobblehead

Veteran
MOTHER F#CKER!!!
Sever thunderstorm advisory just came on tv... with the loud buzzing noise, you know, "this is a test of the emergency alert system... bla bla lba..."

Except it was real.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
quucg.jpg

L

laylow

i dont want no excuses bobble failure on this grow is not an option!!!

jesting with you man hope everything ok..

bobblehead

Veteran
i dont want no excuses bobble failure on this grow is not an option!!!

jesting with you man hope everything ok..

Oh don't you worry friend, I can take a little stick from a bloke like you... lol... The bobblerack grow has just started, I'm not worried about that. I'm still gonna be able to show you how to get more with less. :wahey:

Digital timers with battery backups keep my lights, feed, and flip/flop on schedule.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
get one of those pimp ass honda generators for the ventilation.hehe. Probably would still be pretty loud though. Just tell your neighbors that you've got a freezer full of venison or something. :)

Not a bad idea. I actually bought a used honda genny a year or so ago on craigslist. It was only rated for 2500w per hour but I got it for $300 bucks.

bobblehead

Veteran
well, the thunderstorm never came... or it blew right over. Thankfully.

A generator wouldn't be a bad idea... At least I could keep the air moving and conditioned. Bud rot is my biggest fear right now. Everything has been going great so far... I have 2 awesome grows bumpin right now, and I just need to get my moms bigger to get the veg tent filled up with clones...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got a 3K watt one that can at least keep 80% of my room running, when I moved here into the Santa Cruz mountains a very wise neighbor said, "Buy a generator now"

Thank GOD I have it/

woolybear

Veteran
...I just need to get my moms bigger to get the veg tent filled up with clones...

Feel ya on that... I have 3 clones of your sb x gs that I'm turning into moms. Want my first monocrop to be those. Only problem is they are slow growers, may need to up it to 5 or 6 moms lol....

I'm chopping my sb x gs 'frosty' pheno tomorrow. Its the one i wanna monocrop - stems smell like doody, test nugs had familiar 'dank' or mild acridic poo smell.

thanks mang

edit: think I just need to give my moms a feeding of nutes.

jgrow

Damn Bobble I haven't been on here very much recently. Coming back to see this amount of progress is impressive.

My shot at my own version of the Bobbleracks is coming up right around the corner!!!! Cant wait to see what you can do on this current run. Once I get a start on it, you will see my thread out there.

bobblehead

Veteran
Feel ya on that... I have 3 clones of your sb x gs that I'm turning into moms. Want my first monocrop to be those. Only problem is they are slow growers, may need to up it to 5 or 6 moms lol....

I'm chopping my sb x gs 'frosty' pheno tomorrow. Its the one i wanna monocrop - stems smell like doody, test nugs had familiar 'dank' or mild acridic poo smell.

thanks mang

edit: think I just need to give my moms a feeding of nutes.

Thanks a lot wooly. I'm happy you were able to find yourself a nice keeper to monocrop! SB x GS is a nice f1 hybrid. :D

Damn Bobble I haven't been on here very much recently. Coming back to see this amount of progress is impressive.

My shot at my own version of the Bobbleracks is coming up right around the corner!!!! Cant wait to see what you can do on this current run. Once I get a start on it, you will see my thread out there.

Thanks for the kind words jgrow. I can't wait to see what you come up with. :D

bobblehead

Veteran
ok... 2 weeks for the new pod. Truth be told, the growing is getting boring around here. Everything is so automated, that as long as the reservoirs are full... I can step out until they need to be refilled... which is a few days more than a week.

I'm feeding my plants starting at lights on, for 2 minutes, 6x a day during lights on, feeds 2 hours apart. The pots stay moist, but not soaking wet. They dry out real fast cause my room is running 80F lights off, and 86+- lights on. I can't wait for winter to get here, or even fall... Temps are gonna be so much easier to control. I should have my own house by then... :D

I separated the cooling radiator and the fan I have cooling the light stack. I put the fans on either side of the light stack. The temps are under better control this way.

And here's some room shots... it's kinda pointless trying to get shots of the whole room... cause it all looks pretty much the same. (monocropped)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
*SIGH* I miss the pink Breast Cancer Awareness zip ties........

Looks great, looking forward to you pulling 10+ lbs!

D

DHF

As those pods get dialed with not a sq inch that`s not totally covered in budmass after end of stretch to end of cycle ......?....

Ya`ll better watch out from my buddy with the right strain cuz records are due to be broken with the proper knowledge , experience , and the application thereof......

I only grew on 4 walls and never on the floor before shutdown.....Using octagonal configuration with plants all around the bare bulbs can only do more IME.....and extras on the floor increases the bottom line.......

Environment`s paramount and hey Bro....I ran in the mid 80`s 24/7/365 with dialed results using major air exchange with the proper strain , but it`s all dialage regardless........got faith in your spongelike knowledge absorption and puttin it to use......

Anyways.......The next Heathie`s right around the corner.......I can smell it.......once you figure out how big to pre-veg your bitches after trimmin out and prunin before puttin em in the flip pods 12/12 to fill in canopy after end of stretch till chop will determine how much end results will be.....and you know this..

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

Last edited:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
How much of a difference do you think it will make if there is more of a fluctuation in temps between day and night? Like, my room is hovering in the 86-90 with lights on but around 72-76 with lights off. How much of a disservice am I doing myself by not having a little portable heater on during the night hours?

D

DHF

Anti......getchas a portable a/c to control lights on temps cuz puttin heat to the girls lights off to keep temp diffs within parameters is wrong and backwards cuz yas want the girls as comfortable as they can be lights on.....cuz heat at night.....

Promotes elevated humidity issues that`s not a good thingy , but as along as major air extraction`s taken care of twice per minute you`ll prolly be ok depending on your part of the world geographically......

As long as yas keep lights on/off temps within 10 degrees through the cycle it only makes things better.......Over and beyond that mark performance and results suffer come choptime.........guaranteed......

Peace.....DHF........:ying:.....

G

GMax

How much of a difference do you think it will make if there is more of a fluctuation in temps between day and night? Like, my room is hovering in the 86-90 with lights on but around 72-76 with lights off. How much of a disservice am I doing myself by not having a little portable heater on during the night hours?

forget the portbale heater you should buy something that will cool the daytime temps better and then cut down your differential wanna keep it within 10 degrees less is better

yeah bobble growing gets boring when it automated but you gotta love it I sure dont miss handwatering my ladies and i cant wait for fall and winter either so i can ditch the AC and CO2 and go back to classic air exchanges and watch my electric bill go down :)

your shit is looking so good !! looks like you are getting closer to the perfect veg time are they done stretching???

I def be watching this

bobblehead

Veteran
*SIGH* I miss the pink Breast Cancer Awareness zip ties........

Looks great, looking forward to you pulling 10+ lbs!

Mega... Look closer... Maybe pull out the old-man reading glasses? lol...

As those pods get dialed with not a sq inch that`s not totally covered in budmass after end of stretch to end of cycle ......?....

Ya`ll better watch out from my buddy with the right strain cuz records are due to be broken with the proper knowledge , experience , and the application thereof......

I only grew on 4 walls and never on the floor before shutdown.....Using octagonal configuration with plants all around the bare bulbs can only do more IME.....and extras on the floor increases the bottom line.......

Environment`s paramount and hey Bro....I ran in the mid 80`s 24/7/365 with dialed results using major air exchange with the proper strain , but it`s all dialage regardless........got faith in your spongelike knowledge absorption and puttin it to use......

Anyways.......The next Heathie`s right around the corner.......I can smell it.......once you figure out how big to pre-veg your bitches after trimmin out and prunin before puttin em in the flip pods 12/12 to fill in canopy after end of stretch till chop will determine how much end results will be.....and you know this..

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

Yeah, Heath told me it's all about the roots... I know this, but having it reiterated to me over and over... Has obviously made a difference.

My veg tent is has been undergoing some work. I've bumped up the air exchange to 2x a minute, but I think I need to dial it back a big b/c the humidity can't stay up to 70% anymore... ha ha...

I'm putting down plastic grid material that they use for fluorescent lighting, you know what I'm talking about? anyway, I'm going to use that to keep the SP's off the floor, and the roots grow down and suck up any water that made it to the ground... I'll have to take a pic to show you just how healthy the roots are on my moms right now. :smokey:

anyway... I'm getting there... You already know how grateful I am. :tiphat:

Yeah man, I only recommend adding heat if your temps are below 70F. You should up the air flow, or up the cooling, or both. I played around with different equipment configurations... putting my dehuey and water chiller and ballast and ? as far away from the pods and the intakes for pods as possible... and that's still not enough, but it's a start. If you have an A/C, where is the heat going from it? If you don't have the back sealed up and vented, you should do that.

The extra cost in electricity will be worth it come harvest time.

bobblehead

Veteran
forget the portbale heater you should buy something that will cool the daytime temps better and then cut down your differential wanna keep it within 10 degrees less is better

yeah bobble growing gets boring when it automated but you gotta love it I sure dont miss handwatering my ladies and i cant wait for fall and winter either so i can ditch the AC and CO2 and go back to classic air exchanges and watch my electric bill go down :)

your shit is looking so good !! looks like you are getting closer to the perfect veg time are they done stretching???

I def be watching this

Oh man I'm happy that I'm not having to do anything! That's the ultimate goal, right? To let the plants grow themselves... Not have to be there to interfere... I feel like I'm getting my life back! I even have 1 month off from classes! :jump:

They still have another week of stretch... but after 3 weeks, they just start swelling... As you can see, there's room for more plants... I'm ONLY running 77. Think about the possibilities! I'm not taking off any laterals... just positioning them to grow into the light... maybe cleaning out the insides soon...

Latest posts

Latest posts