What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Bobble, that radiator is a baller ass idea im not gonna lie. How the F)*K does that make cool air again?! hot air goin' outside the room, how many watts does it use?

Could use that instead of an a/c?

Nice idea with the feed line on the ceiling coming down, never thought to do that, are the lines feeding similar amounts?

I would, however, be worried about springing a leak and water hitting the bare bulbs while lights on n causing mayhem. i like so far, healthy plants 2 !:)

420ish

i used organic nutes with the blumats but would clogg up once in a while.only had one clog open once and had a small flood.if using synthetic,i dont think that would have happened!

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobble, that radiator is a baller ass idea im not gonna lie. How the F)*K does that make cool air again?! hot air goin' outside the room, how many watts does it use?

Could use that instead of an a/c?

Nice idea with the feed line on the ceiling coming down, never thought to do that, are the lines feeding similar amounts?

I would, however, be worried about springing a leak and water hitting the bare bulbs while lights on n causing mayhem. i like so far, healthy plants 2 !:)

I keep a 50gal reservoir chilled to 70F. I use a 1/4hp chiller, idk how many watts that is, plus water pumps and fan... The chiller sits outside the lung room, with the dehuey, so the heat can get pulled up into the attic. I use a 500gph pump to pump water through the radiator and back to the res.

I tested the feed with the lights off... :moon: lol
I hear ya, but balls to the walls! I used stakes for every feed line to keep the secure. If I choose to redo the other pod this way, I can keep the drip line behind the reflectix, so the reflectix will act as a sheild should something happen. Blumats are gonna be expensive, and I need to buy more pots first... The lines are all interconnected, so even if the distribution of splits isn't even, ( I think it is even enough) the pressure should even out.

Good question.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
I think we'd have to thrown down if we met in real life, you sons of the bitches, muhaha! grow on!

I think a hp is 700 watts roughly, so like 170-200watts the chiller uses?

I do wonder if its more efficient than an a/c. water cooling lights seems pretty cool too, if you are already air-cooling them that is, but I guess what you're doing is pretty much the same deal.

Blumats are pricey, i would like to try someday. Handwatering is always an option, if Krunch can do a 50 lighter in an hour, cmon... cant get away for more than a few days though.

yo bh, do you rent? any advice on renting? I may just rent out a 1-2 bedroom and do 2x1200 or 2x1800w pods like yourself. Keep the gpw high, quality, and enviro dialed, and order a lottttttttt of hookers off CL.

:)

bobblehead

Veteran
I think we'd have to thrown down if we met in real life, you sons of the bitches, muhaha! grow on!

I think a hp is 700 watts roughly, so like 170-200watts the chiller uses?

I do wonder if its more efficient than an a/c. water cooling lights seems pretty cool too, if you are already air-cooling them that is, but I guess what you're doing is pretty much the same deal.

Blumats are pricey, i would like to try someday. Handwatering is always an option, if Krunch can do a 50 lighter in an hour, cmon... cant get away for more than a few days though.

yo bh, do you rent? any advice on renting? I may just rent out a 1-2 bedroom and do 2x1200 or 2x1800w pods like yourself. Keep the gpw high, quality, and enviro dialed, and order a lottttttttt of hookers off CL.

:)

The fun thing about heat exchangers, is you don't even have to use a chiller... you can use tap water, run it through the radiators, and send it down the drain... Rather wasteful, but water cooling is the most efficient way of doing things, even with the chiller. An A/C works much in the same way. They pass warm air through a radiator, and chill it, before it's blown out... and the heat is blown off the chiller, or sent down the drain. Basically I've built a custom AC. Ideally I'll have 6 computer fans sitting on top of the radiator, with the "muffin"fan on top of those... and when the cooling controller kicks on, the PC fans will kick on, drawing air over the coils, and the "muffin" fan will send it up and away.

Krunch hand-waters? I wasn't aware. Some plants can't be left for more than a day w/o water... Especially in late flower. You made a comment before about how you like to let your coco dry out etc etc... Think about this: The most explosive growth is known to come from Fast Hydro, DWC, RDWC... Those plants never ever dry out, but they get plenty of oxygen... Otherwise they're not alive for very long. :D So you're trying to find that perfect balance of H2O and O2. If you're letting them dry out, they don't have enough H2O to metabolize nutrients and grow. Humans are 70%+ water. Do you ever dry yourself out for your health? lol Same deal with plants. They're made of cellulose, and water, with some starches in there. Mostly water. If you give a plant nothing but water, it will still grow... for a while anyway.

Automated feed is superior to hand-watering. It just takes a little time and $. Like DHF said, it's how far down the rabbit hole you want to go in pursuit of nirvana. Automated drip coming on a few minutes every hour is pretty damn nice. blumats would be the ultimate. I don't think there is anything better when it comes to drippers.

Yeah, I'm renting this year... Next year I should have the money to buy. I'm positioning myself for that, buying a truck, keeping an eye on real estate in various neighborhoods... My advise on renting is to stick with property managers and out of town landlords. Mostly I haven't had any trouble with landlords, but I had this one guy that wanted to come into my apt and do a walk through every time he collected the rent. I started taping an envelope to the outside and that got me my privacy... Just know your rights as a renter. 24hr notice for intrusions unless they're urgent...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think he is talking about Krunchbubble's 50K watt warehouse grow, if I remember correctly he DID say he hand-watered that whole warehouse, holy cow!

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Hey bobble... I know you said you were waiting on the power for your PC fans... if you have an old PC laying around you can take the PSU (power supply unit) out of the PC and use it to power your fans. That's what I do in my micro-cab. All you have to do is put a paper clip in one of the pins on the strip so that the PSU believes the "computer" is on.

You can get a brand new PSU for $15-20.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok I have to get serious on the Blumat's, Gro-Bro is at a wedding for the next 4 days in Humbolt (I'll be lucky to see him even come back), I just handwatered 60 in the flower room, another 75-80 in the veg tent, and 10 outside....lol .....Alright Bobble time to get "serious".

L

LouDog420

Those most recent pictures bring a big old smile to my face bobble. Green and lush and waiting to explode! It may be a combo of my pain meds and green meds, but I'm sure I'd be smiling this big regardless... Can't wait to see them blow up!
:jump:

Yeah they say that you can use fertilizer with them... but I would keep it synthetic. Organics generally have undissolved solids ime. I use general Hydroponics micro and bloom. Synthetic nutrients are chilated, making them extra bond-able or soluble in water and available for immediate absorption by the roots. I'm also adding drip clean to my mix, and SM-90 is supposed to help keep tubing clean as well... Silica might be better top fed, idk? no personal experience. Top feeding the silica once a week though would probably be fine... hmmm... We need some ideas here. maybe pre-load the coco with silica?

Good news for you. I've been running GH 3 part, cal-mag+, and drip clean through the blumats without too much of a problem. I think the drip clean is definitely necessary. I didn't use it for 2 res refils and saw some salts and residue starting to form at the very end of the individual rubber feed lines where the water dripped.

No experience with SM90 or silica, but if SM90 helps keep the tubes clean, better safe than sorry. Like I said, 4 weeks and no problems yet, but I will have to look into it a bit :tiphat:

Oh and add one more to your list...
Bobble said:
Everyone loves them. "the best growth ever" time and time again. Eventually you have to listen...
wink.gif

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SM90 is used to keep bad bugs from living in your CoCo or soil..like Root Aphids, Bobblehead had a slight issue with those buggers last run, but I run it regularly (just added some tonight) and I have never had an issue with root aphids or any media bugs!

turbolaser4528

Veteran
You made a comment before about how you like to let your coco dry out etc etc... Think about this: The most explosive growth is known to come from Fast Hydro, DWC, RDWC... Those plants never ever dry out, but they get plenty of oxygen... Otherwise they're not alive for very long. :D So you're trying to find that perfect balance of H2O and O2. If you're letting them dry out, they don't have enough H2O to metabolize nutrients and grow. Humans are 70%+ water. Do you ever dry yourself out for your health? lol Same deal with plants.

HA, True, but!, I think there is a benefit to letting them slightly dry out to encourage roots to fill a pot if they havent already done so, aka before n during stretch.

Yeah, I'm renting this year... Next year I should have the money to buy. I'm positioning myself for that, buying a truck, keeping an eye on real estate in various neighborhoods... My advise on renting is to stick with property managers and out of town landlords. Mostly I haven't had any trouble with landlords, but I had this one guy that wanted to come into my apt and do a walk through every time he collected the rent. I started taping an envelope to the outside and that got me my privacy... Just know your rights as a renter. 24hr notice for intrusions unless they're urgent...

Nice, yeah absentee landlords and lax property managers huh? I must put an add up on CL like KB said, let em come to you on your terms!

Krunch hand-waters for the most part I believe.

12 hour day at work, ready to smoke n' dream greatness..

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey bobble... I know you said you were waiting on the power for your PC fans... if you have an old PC laying around you can take the PSU (power supply unit) out of the PC and use it to power your fans. That's what I do in my micro-cab. All you have to do is put a paper clip in one of the pins on the strip so that the PSU believes the "computer" is on.

You can get a brand new PSU for $15-20.

lol... I skipped the micro growing and went straight to a 400w hps... Thanks for the tip, but not PC laying around unfortunately. That's not a bad idea though, I suppose 1 PSU could power all the fans I need...

awesome drip setup... looks like lots of fun to set up

Oh man you don't even know! lol... I went in there and started rearranging the plants first. Once I was happy and felt they were evenly dispersed I ran 8 lines down, connected them at the bottom, and went on adding splits. I didn't realize how many plants I had in there till I did the splits!

got blumats yo... :D

Awesome! I have a few other things to take care of before I get mine. I don't even have enough pots right now, so I figure I had better get those and use my drip system for now... I'll get some blumats sooner than later though.

ok I have to get serious on the Blumat's, Gro-Bro is at a wedding for the next 4 days in Humbolt (I'll be lucky to see him even come back), I just handwatered 60 in the flower room, another 75-80 in the veg tent, and 10 outside....lol .....Alright Bobble time to get "serious".

Yeah, like I said, try hand watering 200+ plants on a daily basis. It gets old fast. I'm a one man band... I don't have time for that shit. This isn't my only job.

Those most recent pictures bring a big old smile to my face bobble. Green and lush and waiting to explode! It may be a combo of my pain meds and green meds, but I'm sure I'd be smiling this big regardless... Can't wait to see them blow up!
:jump:

Good news for you. I've been running GH 3 part, cal-mag+, and drip clean through the blumats without too much of a problem. I think the drip clean is definitely necessary. I didn't use it for 2 res refils and saw some salts and residue starting to form at the very end of the individual rubber feed lines where the water dripped.

No experience with SM90 or silica, but if SM90 helps keep the tubes clean, better safe than sorry. Like I said, 4 weeks and no problems yet, but I will have to look into it a bit :tiphat:

Oh and add one more to your list...

You da man! Thanks for sharing your experience with the blumats!

SM90 is used to keep bad bugs from living in your CoCo or soil..like Root Aphids, Bobblehead had a slight issue with those buggers last run, but I run it regularly (just added some tonight) and I have never had an issue with root aphids or any media bugs!

Read the label, it says that it keeps your tubing clean. I mentioned that it would be beneficial with the blumats.

Nice, yeah absentee landlords and lax property managers huh? I must put an add up on CL like KB said, let em come to you on your terms!

Krunch hand-waters for the most part I believe.

12 hour day at work, ready to smoke n' dream greatness..

lol... dream of the day when you won't have to work 12 hour shifts... Krunch grows for a living from what I can tell. He probably has more time on his hands to hand water. If you have the time to interact with the plants, then that extra attention will go a long ways... but I have things to do. Like watch "Deadliest Catch".

C

csedge

lmao "like watch deadliest catch" ur hooked tk reality tv for life now!

wisco61

I just wanted to add some info about the Blumats, especially for people buying lots of them. You will need lots of the 3mm drip line, but you can use cheaper fittings for a lot of the other blumat parts.

For starters, get 3/32" Ts from Kent Systems.
http://www.kentsystems.com/index.php?file=c-con_product_details&iProductId=NzIx

You can drill a hole in some poly tube, stick one of these Ts in, and then attach 2 of the drippers from that with the 3mm tubing. The 8mm tubing they sell for the feed lines is expensive, unwieldy, and difficult to source. Plus, you need to use blumats special fittings which are also expensive and difficult to source.

If you do want to use the blumat fittings, buy at least one patio kit. It comes with 12 of the blumats, and a whole bunch of different fittings that will go along ways.

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Yes, I dream of the day I can be my own boss again.

Turn off the drug (TV), do something productive!

DHF suggests the lease to own option, found a deece house for 95k, they want 3k down with a 2 year lease-w-option.

I need to find a way to wash the $ though, must incorporate in Delaware to get corporate secrecy, and no taxes I think?

Put all houses n assets under the corporation so they are unable to be seized, and make up paperwork for hours billed.

Will that work? Like, put 40 hrs a week of labor for a small construct. co. at $100 an hour n just pay myself? idk...

gotta be a way to do it, or just pay for everything in cash, keep purchases under 10k so it doesnt get reported. hope no po-po's are reading this..whoopsss

headees

Where is the cheapest place to buy the sensors? I need about 75 of them. I was just going to get the sensors and 3mm tubing like you said, then get the t's from kent and the feed line from somewhere else.
Thats pretty much all you need besides a bulk head for your res right?

I just wanted to add some info about the Blumats, especially for people buying lots of them. You will need lots of the 3mm drip line, but you can use cheaper fittings for a lot of the other blumat parts.

You can drill a hole in some poly tube, stick one of these Ts in, and then attach 2 of the drippers from that with the 3mm tubing. The 8mm tubing they sell for the feed lines is expensive, unwieldy, and difficult to source. Plus, you need to use blumats special fittings which are also expensive and difficult to source.

If you do want to use the blumat fittings, buy at least one patio kit. It comes with 12 of the blumats, and a whole bunch of different fittings that will go along ways.

bobblehead

Veteran

Thanks so much for your help. You just saved me a bunch of money when I upgrade.

Yes, I dream of the day I can be my own boss again.

Turn off the drug (TV), do something productive!

DHF suggests the lease to own option, found a deece house for 95k, they want 3k down with a 2 year lease-w-option.

I need to find a way to wash the $ though, must incorporate in Delaware to get corporate secrecy, and no taxes I think?

Put all houses n assets under the corporation so they are unable to be seized, and make up paperwork for hours billed.

Will that work? Like, put 40 hrs a week of labor for a small construct. co. at $100 an hour n just pay myself? idk...

gotta be a way to do it, or just pay for everything in cash, keep purchases under 10k so it doesnt get reported. hope no po-po's are reading this..whoopsss

What are you talking about you need to find a way to wash the money? That's all been spelled out. Buy stuff. lol... You can pay for the house in cash, you can pay contractors in cash, you can buy materials in cash, utilities, vehicles... This shit isn't cheap. I spend at least $300 a month in food. I eat well. Nothing but fresh veggies for me. Then when you flip the house, all that money comes back to you nice and clean.

Wealth Through Stealth 101...

You're a long way from worrying about the LLC imo... Lets get some cash flow going first, and then worry about what we're gonna do with it, ok? :D Do keep a legit job though and pay your taxes... Just don't make any large deposits in the bank.

Where is the cheapest place to buy the sensors? I need about 75 of them. I was just going to get the sensors and 3mm tubing like you said, then get the t's from kent and the feed line from somewhere else.
Thats pretty much all you need besides a bulk head for your res right?

This is the cheapest I've found them...
http://www.blumat-shop.de/index.php?language=en

Latest posts

Latest posts