What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

L

laylow

Got some Blumats in the post as we speak :) catch up bob :nanana:

been shopping today for non liquid fert organic grow for them Strawberry diesels... ohh yeah!!!:headbange

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

been shopping today for non liquid fert organic grow for them Strawberry diesels... ohh yeah!!!:headbange

Laylow look in the Nutrient section under K.I.S.S. thread, I totally switched to Maxi-Bloom, it mixes in the rez, (no more blocked lines like with organic nutes) no smelly rez, and it has everything your plant needs in one CHEAP package (you get get a whole run on Amazon for like less than $20.00), now you know I add Drip-Clean, some Cal-Mag, compost tea (just started that again with excellent results btw) and a few more carbs at the end during late flowering.

Just a suggestion...

bobblehead

Veteran
blumats are straight illness. i put one per 3 gal in my 15 plant 1000w stadium. plants have never grown this well.

put a big hook into a 2x8 in the ceiling and hang a 5gal bucket w/ water. if i was doing more than 1000w i would have a float valve installed in the 5 gal with a 20gal roughneck feeding it w a pump. instead i just ph the roughneck's water and refill the 5gal bucket every morning.

my soil(peat based) has everthing a 70 day strain needs. i have to feed my sourD's once liquid ferts right around day 50. so naturally i run straight RO'd water, ph'd tp 5.8. if i wanna use some Hygrozyme, or KoolBloom, i just hand water.

took about 3 days to dial them in. never had an overflow. no more climbing over plants in the stadium to water the 4 in the back. they were my best improvement to my grow since i got rid of the hoods on my lights!!!!

Thanks for the tip! I think my plan will be the constantly flood a shallow reservoir, cause my plants go up pretty high... with a water return line going back down to the reservoir. This way I can leave the pump on 24/7, recirculating the water keeping it mixed and oxygenated, while keeping the elevated reservoir full...

blumats are rocking little tools. I definitely encourage you to jump on the train bobble, just make sure to document the hooking up process :moon:

That should be lots of fun with your stadium and sheer numbers :tiphat:

Still lurking in the background, keep it up bro :dance013:

I can't wait to get these things lou! My shut-off valves are good, but it's such a pain getting them dialed. These blumats should take out a lot of the hassle...

lol... You da man LL... Now I just have to get Freds to run my Strawberry D x Chem bx1, and my whole crew is gonna be running Straw D of some sorts... ha ha...

turbolaser4528

Veteran
'Thanks for the tip! I think my plan will be the constantly flood a shallow reservoir, cause my plants go up pretty high... with a water return line going back down to the reservoir. This way I can leave the pump on 24/7, recirculating the water keeping it mixed and oxygenated, while keeping the elevated reservoir full... "

There's a thought!!! I wonder if nutes would settle to the bottom of top rez? what kind of shelf would u use?

I would love to see this in action as I'd rather not have a 50 gal rez 6 feet in the air if possible.

Blumats seem too good to be true haha. Why do people say you cant feed nutes through them?

b well

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
'Thanks for the tip! I think my plan will be the constantly flood a shallow reservoir, cause my plants go up pretty high... with a water return line going back down to the reservoir. This way I can leave the pump on 24/7, recirculating the water keeping it mixed and oxygenated, while keeping the elevated reservoir full... "

There's a thought!!! I wonder if nutes would settle to the bottom of top rez? what kind of shelf would u use?

I would love to see this in action as I'd rather not have a 50 gal rez 6 feet in the air if possible.

Blumats seem too good to be true haha. Why do people say you cant feed nutes through them?

b well

nutes aren't going to settle if they're constantly being circulated... You would be creating a waterfall effect.

It looks like you have to buy their tubing... but you attach a feed line to the top rez, and water falls into it, supplying all the drippers. When the coco is dry enough, the drippers open up. When it's wet, they close. Simple as that.

It's looking like it's actually going to cost me $1,100 for 250 tropf blumats, tubing, and connectors... and shipping from Germany.

You can feed nutes through them, as long as they're 100% soluble... The tubing is 8mm and 3mm... Thin stuff.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> It's looking like it's actually going to cost me $1,100 for 250 tropf blumats, tubing, and connectors... and shipping from Germany.

Ouch baby, that's why I still hand water, but I am one cheap assed Scotch/Irish penny pinching boetch!

bobblehead

Veteran
RE> It's looking like it's actually going to cost me $1,100 for 250 tropf blumats, tubing, and connectors... and shipping from Germany.

Ouch baby, that's why I still hand water, but I am one cheap assed Scotch/Irish penny pinching boetch!

Hand water 200+ plants and we'll talk...

These things give the perfect amount of water, every time, all the time... I haven't really read anyone having problems with their blumats. Everyone loves them. "the best growth ever" time and time again. Eventually you have to listen... ;)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
pretty nice bobble. been looking into blumats from my veg plants for a while. just gotta get on top of a few bills first. lazyman has some nice info on the blumats. good luck homey.

aod

turbolaser4528

Veteran
True True..

See, I ran a drip the cheap way..

350gph pump - $70
Digital timer - $15
32 gal bin - $20
20' of 1/2" tubing - $15
36 1/4" drippers - $30

= $150 for entire drip setup, byahhh!!!

Visited out of state grow once a week, minimal runoff, 3-5gal pots of coco/perl/hydroton.
If I had a bigger rez. could have left longer.

I wonder if you could visit the grow once every 2 weeks with blumats...I'd rather be there at least 1-2x a week though, to keep everything dialed.

Happy 4th everyone :wave:

walindour

I wonder if you could visit the grow once every 2 weeks with blumats...I'd rather be there at least 1-2x a week though, to keep everything dialed.....

I have been running Blumats for a month or so but I am checking them everyday because I am waiting for something to go wrong. Although a farmer's greatest asset is their shadow I could see easily disappearing for a week or better at some point. My experience has been absolutely positive with the Blumats.

five_put

nutes aren't going to settle if they're constantly being circulated... You would be creating a waterfall effect.

You can feed nutes through them, as long as they're 100% soluble... The tubing is 8mm and 3mm... Thin stuff.

I was wondering if you/someone could clarify this for me.

So would blumats work with all synthetic nutrients then but just not organic? .. I'm not sure which ones would be 100% soluble and which ones wouldn't be. I've always thought that all synthetic/chem nutes were 100% soluble in water. I've read before that some people have said that you can only run r/o water through them without nutes because of clogging issues.

Would these work if someone had hard water (from a well) ?

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hand water 200+ plants and we'll talk...

These things give the perfect amount of water, every time, all the time... I haven't really read anyone having problems with their blumats. Everyone loves them. "the best growth ever" time and time again. Eventually you have to listen... ;)

Dude I'm at 200 about if you count my outdoor and veg room, clones (roughly OK maybe 175), but I am thinking more and more about the Blumats, especially since we won't have run off falling onto the concrete and creating more RH, just the "right" amount of H2o and nutes going in right when their hungry and need watering, trust me your "preaching to the choir good Reverand Bobblehead"! I "almost" went with them about 4 mos ago before this last run but I am not as handy as you are. I can write a check or peel off $100's better than I can build crap, so.....but the more I think about it I will probably end up their. I just don't have much faith in my ability to make auto-watering work it was SUCH a disaster with the drip lines last time.

OK we WANT MORE PICTURES!

L

laylow

the way i see it is the plant demands water the blumat feeds it end of.

using a dripper system on a timer some plants will not need watering every water and other will need that little extra...

i will not be running silicon, carbo load or anything thick or that congeals if left in a rez sitting ect as it will block the dripper this is the only down side i see... and is the reason im working on a all in pot Organic'ish mix so i can just feed pure tap water mwwwwaaahhaaahaaaahaaaaa :sasmokin:

bobblehead

Veteran
what are the benefits of Blumats vs. a standard drip system?

The blumats are going to feed the plant only what it needs, and nothing if it doesn't need it. No more run-off. no more wasted nutes.

I was wondering if you/someone could clarify this for me.

So would blumats work with all synthetic nutrients then but just not organic? .. I'm not sure which ones would be 100% soluble and which ones wouldn't be. I've always thought that all synthetic/chem nutes were 100% soluble in water. I've read before that some people have said that you can only run r/o water through them without nutes because of clogging issues.

Would these work if someone had hard water (from a well) ?

Yeah they say that you can use fertilizer with them... but I would keep it synthetic. Organics generally have undissolved solids ime. I use general Hydroponics micro and bloom. Synthetic nutrients are chilated, making them extra bond-able or soluble in water and available for immediate absorption by the roots. I'm also adding drip clean to my mix, and SM-90 is supposed to help keep tubing clean as well... Silica might be better top fed, idk? no personal experience. Top feeding the silica once a week though would probably be fine... hmmm... We need some ideas here. maybe pre-load the coco with silica?

I wouldn't recommend using hard water... I used to do it. Just recently I used straight tap in my veg tent and man are my plants pissed at me.... not doing that again.

Dude I'm at 200 about if you count my outdoor and veg room, clones (roughly OK maybe 175), but I am thinking more and more about the Blumats, especially since we won't have run off falling onto the concrete and creating more RH, just the "right" amount of H2o and nutes going in right when their hungry and need watering, trust me your "preaching to the choir good Reverand Bobblehead"! I "almost" went with them about 4 mos ago before this last run but I am not as handy as you are. I can write a check or peel off $100's better than I can build crap, so.....but the more I think about it I will probably end up their. I just don't have much faith in my ability to make auto-watering work it was SUCH a disaster with the drip lines last time.

OK we WANT MORE PICTURES!

I'll get to the pictures... I've just been busy.

I just set up drip irrigation for the veggy garden. I'm not even gonna have to look at it for the rest of the summer, except for when I want to get some food! :D I hooked up the drip line straight to the spiggot... 24/7, drip... drip... drip...

the way i see it is the plant demands water the blumat feeds it end of.

using a dripper system on a timer some plants will not need watering every water and other will need that little extra...

i will not be running silicon, carbo load or anything thick or that congeals if left in a rez sitting ect as it will block the dripper this is the only down side i see... and is the reason im working on a all in pot Organic'ish mix so i can just feed pure tap water mwwwwaaahhaaahaaaahaaaaa :sasmokin:

It's a good thing you're so far ahead of me! You'll be able to share your mistakes/successes with me... :dance013:

pretty nice bobble. been looking into blumats from my veg plants for a while. just gotta get on top of a few bills first. lazyman has some nice info on the blumats. good luck homey.

aod

Thanks for the tip. Lazyman is a pretty impressive grower.

bills bills bills... tell me about it...

True True..

See, I ran a drip the cheap way..

350gph pump - $70
Digital timer - $15
32 gal bin - $20
20' of 1/2" tubing - $15
36 1/4" drippers - $30

= $150 for entire drip setup, byahhh!!!

Visited out of state grow once a week, minimal runoff, 3-5gal pots of coco/perl/hydroton.
If I had a bigger rez. could have left longer.

I wonder if you could visit the grow once every 2 weeks with blumats...I'd rather be there at least 1-2x a week though, to keep everything dialed.

Happy 4th everyone :wave:

Yeah but I'm sure you know from experience that not each plant was watered perfectly... In the long run, the blumats would pay for themselves just in nutrient savings from not having runoff.

See, this is my thinking... I was to have a #5 SP suspended in the air in my bobbleracks, w/o the plastic bag I had around them in the last run. This way it can dry out faster, and drink more water... but I need the perfect amount of water to be delivered so the water doesn't fall straight through the pot. As the roots grow, the pot is going to drink more water... What else can do this, other than a blumat? If I get runoff in this scenario, it's hitting the plants below, before hitting the floor... not cool.

The cheaper way works... but I want 100% environmental dialage. Money is fake. I generate it by growing a plant... So if I spend the money right away on upgrades, it's like I never had it to begin with, but I have all this really cool grow equipment that allows to to cultivate magnificent plants... and eventually that money comes back to me... but like x3.

I have been running Blumats for a month or so but I am checking them everyday because I am waiting for something to go wrong. Although a farmer's greatest asset is their shadow I could see easily disappearing for a week or better at some point. My experience has been absolutely positive with the Blumats.

Thanks for your feedback! :)

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK I'm going to price a set of about 70 Tropf-Blumats tomorrow, any suggestions Bobble the best place to get them?

And can I get away with one Blumat per #3 SP? I am thinking of switching to ALL #2 for higher plant count, this is another reason to go to Blumats as they will dry out faster than the 3's slightly quicker.

turbolaser4528

Veteran

Very nice, I like them as well, but have yet to use..

What pump is that?

Something like this MagDrive 350gph: http://cgi.ebay.com/Mag-Drive-3-Submersible-Water-Pump-Hydroponics-350GPH-/230567645395?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35aee710d3

The blumats are going to feed the plant only what it needs, and nothing if it doesn't need it. No more run-off. no more wasted nutes.

True, you can get close with a regular drip, and digital timer as well. Furthermore, how much $ will actually be wasted on nutes with ~5% runoff vs. ~0%? At .83 per gallon it doesn't bother me, devils advocate, my .02!

Yeah but I'm sure you know from experience that not each plant was watered perfectly... In the long run, the blumats would pay for themselves just in nutrient savings from not having runoff.

I guess I can see this, I never had much or any runoff. Was used by plant or evaporated, digital timer capable of 30 sec intervals can get you pretty close to runoff, but I agree, not as well as with blumats, which I am a fan off btw

See, this is my thinking... I was to have a #5 SP suspended in the air in my bobbleracks, w/o the plastic bag I had around them in the last run. This way it can dry out faster, and drink more water... but I need the perfect amount of water to be delivered so the water doesn't fall straight through the pot. As the roots grow, the pot is going to drink more water... What else can do this, other than a blumat? If I get runoff in this scenario, it's hitting the plants below, before hitting the floor... not cool.

I hear ya, blumats allow the roots to have ideal moisture levels ALL the time, but I guess I also like how you can let them get varying degrees of dryness with regular ol' drip

The cheaper way works... but I want 100% environmental dialage. Money is fake. I generate it by growing a plant... So if I spend the money right away on upgrades, it's like I never had it to begin with, but I have all this really cool grow equipment that allows to to cultivate magnificent plants... and eventually that money comes back to me... but like x3.

I agree, we have different preferences, I like to have swings in conditions, perhaps like in nature. I enjoy ph fluctuations as well for full spectrum nutrient availability, only God can judge me!

BH, you're a scholar and a gentleman, happy 4th bitches!!!

bobblehead

Veteran
ok, 1 week flowering. I made the watering system today... and I'm very happy with it. Like I said before, it's a ring around the ceiling, with 1/4" drip line coming down with "T's" for splits and mini inline shut-off valves to control flow.
picture.php

Still gotta buy more reflectix... this one spot isn't very shiny...
picture.php

Ganesh USD tree. This one is gonna hit the ceiling!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The feed ring got zip-tied to the chicken wire on the ceiling... Using 1 500gph pump.
picture.php

The radiator got put on the floor this time. I was thinking, and I got it right in the first design with the space ship. The air coming off the radiator is cool, and so I'm blowing the cool air up, to mix with the hot air, and get sucked out. In the other pod, I had the radiator on the ceiling, and I think that the cold air was just sucked straight out. I have better temperature control now. I'm going to be putting 6 PC fans on top of the radiator, and hooking them up to a temperature controller. I'm just waiting on the power supplies... cause they sent me the wrong product. I need to buy a shop-vac too...
picture.php