What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I too am easily distracted, I have to pull my self back to what I want in the long run all the time. Right now is the time to go for the Gram per watt numbers you want. Contractors are a dime a dozen right now in Michigan. I too intend to get a house to grow in the future. Right now I am trying to recover from a meth head partner who cost me 4 years of income. Keep focused my man and head for the brass ring.

D

DHF

Well....If I hadta guess , the roof saggin`s prolly caused by that saggin ass beam where the load bearing wall I spoke of earlier should`ve been , and originates in the foundation piers under the middle of the house having settled and sunk over the yrs since it was built....

Floor`s prolly saggin too but........regardless......yas gotta jack the floor system up and stabilize that before tryin ta fix the ridge board/saggin roof.....

Yas can get screw jacks to put under the house on concrete piers so after yas jack everything up and level the floor , yas put the screw jacks under the main beam that the floor joists are nailed into down the middle of the house ta hold everything up backta level....

If yas tryta jack the roof up and plumb those outside walls before having a solid foundation ta work off of , you`ll just be pushin up while gravity`s workin against yas and fuck up the floor system/ house foundation pushin shit back down that`s not ableta support the weiight....so....

Yas gotta build the wall under that saggin beam for your bedrooms/bloom rooms to tie into anyways , so nail 6-2 x 4`s together to make 3 "T"-posts and space all 3 of em out front ta back sittin on the load bearing wall in the attic and beat up under the ridge board/beam.....

Just to support the roof while yer growin yer ass off cuz them 1 by`s ain`t doin much and yas can fix underneath the house when budget provides...........

Holler if I can help....Freds...:ying:.....

MIway

Veteran
i know u'r kinda into this already bobble, but didn't u get an inspection done w the LC? i'd think that u could have legal recourse to get u'r cash back depending on how the contract is written. might b worth talkin to a prop attny, ya know?

but damn dude... as long as it doesn't fall down in the next 3-4 crops, who gives a flying fuck how it looks, as long as it runs! just cash in & walk... don't do dick to fix that shit hole up. ;-)

bobblehead

Veteran
i know u'r kinda into this already bobble, but didn't u get an inspection done w the LC? i'd think that u could have legal recourse to get u'r cash back depending on how the contract is written. might b worth talkin to a prop attny, ya know?

but damn dude... as long as it doesn't fall down in the next 3-4 crops, who gives a flying fuck how it looks, as long as it runs! just cash in & walk... don't do dick to fix that shit hole up. ;-)

to be perfectly honest, no, I didn't get an inspection. I decided that I was buying the house to grow, as-is, despite it's flaws... So the inspection wasn't important since I wasn't moving in... The deal went down pretty fast. $5k down, $350 a month, $45k purchase price on a house that's appraised at $60k... 10yr contract, but they could call it after 3yrs.

I have no regrets about buying this house.

The problem with the roof can be fixed with $500 in materials and some time. Building materials are cheap. Most of the houses on the lake are valued around $150k... of course they're bigger than mine, but that just means I can take the roof off and build up if I want. :D

Anyway, I intend to pay the house off in 2013, for a discount.. So I intend to only pay $35k for the house. Obviously I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it. $20k invested back into the house, and when the economy comes back, I'll have a huge ROI in the form of equity. I'll be able to take out mortgages and buy houses outright and maybe not even use them for growing... Eventually. This shit takes time, and planning...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I stand by what I said. Stabilize the frame and get your grow room going. Use the better part of the house for your grow room and fix the worst part after your grow is going.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bobble...I like those numbers on your house.....this spring or summer, maybe I'll gt my manager to put me on a run to Northern area up their....I was offered 65 acres with water and power and a shed on it in south eastern Oregon that I almost moved on...NO money down the dude just wanted/needed cash flow......but I could not pull the trigger, maybe I should think about your area?

Anyway....I don't know crap about building....well very little....I only hope,you solve your roof problem....and get back to developing the new Bobblepod(?)....cannot wait to see what happens.

Keep,it FIRE brother!

5th

Veteran
When was the last time you had a drink? Ethanol converts to formaldehyde in the liver... :tiphat:

I must be a portable formaldehyde factory if thats the case...lol...

I'm with you 100% on the location Bobble. Ima few hundred miles away on Georgian Bay and wouldn't wanna live anywhere else...except Costa Rica for two weeks outta the year. Sure We get tons of snow, blistering heat...all worth it to me.

Can't wait to see them clones of yours explode. :tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
bobble...I like those numbers on your house.....this spring or summer, maybe I'll gt my manager to put me on a run to Northern area up their....I was offered 65 acres with water and power and a shed on it in south eastern Oregon that I almost moved on...NO money down the dude just wanted/needed cash flow......but I could not pull the trigger, maybe I should think about your area?

Anyway....I don't know crap about building....well very little....I only hope,you solve your roof problem....and get back to developing the new Bobblepod(?)....cannot wait to see what happens.

Keep,it FIRE brother!

You're gonna have to see if you're girlfriend will let you buy out here first... :laughing:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Heck yeah I've read Bonzo's thread, I posted a lot to that thread under my old username, he is a very innovative guy.

Ah man my grow is not so good, after I pulled everything down I had to get somewhere else to live, we are only settling into the new place now and I'm stuck with a tent full of dying looking reveg clones LOL so I've decided to just run a 64 plant SOG, horizontal but I've got big plans for the new year with a double stadium grow, 64 plants per bulb :) I'll keep you updated bro.

HGO

D

DHF

Been missin my boy Bonz.......One helluva grower and class individual....Give yas the shirt off his back and then some.....not many out there like Bonzo.....been knowin him for almost long as Heathie.....

Talk about a long thread...Freedom for Bonzo came from the old Krusty "freedom crew" days and his design he found for an overflow ebb and flow type thingy for bigger plants that was maintenance free with no possible root rot issues and that was big back then.........epic shit.....

Hope yas get things sorted soon HGO....Bobbles....Hope things are fallin into place Bro....

Holler....Freds....:ying:....

bobblehead

Veteran
#1 order of business... The growers on "Weed Wars" on the Discovery channel are a joke. I shit on them... Or at least I'm about to.

So I just wrapped up a 12hr day of building... I'm so tired. I'm pretty happy though. :)
Enter the octagon
picture.php

Now, you don't have to port car manifolds to know a thing or two about airflow... ;) This is my intake manifold. I made it from styroboard, caulk, and expanding foam. It's not pretty, but it was my first time and it works as intended!
picture.php

Then the reflectix went up.
picture.php

And then, I inserted 8 5' PVC pipes into the intake manifold at the corners. This way the pipes will be between the racks, blowing air around the plants. Some of the holes are taped over on the pipes closest to the fan. This makes the air go all the way around, eliminating circulatory fans.
picture.php

Pond liner going down... what a bitch cutting in around those pipes..
picture.php

Exhaust out the ceiling. I hang a scrubber in the lung room.
picture.php

and the newest bobbleracks... lol... More like bobbleshelves now. They'll be complete with a 2' x 6" face for each shelf. I should be up and running by next week.
picture.php

Last edited:

5th

Veteran
Big grow pimpin'...no doubt...

After seeing Agent-Smiths air box...kinda figured everyone woulda been on that...great job Bobble.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Looking good man, I like the design and will be keeping my eyes on this thread to see how things work out.

I like the choice in reflective material, Great for reflection doesn't create hotspots and its added insulation. Going to be fun to watch this....

D

DHF

Tell me about the intake and those pipes for constant extraction twice per minute Bro.....concept looks awesome with all the lil holes behind the plants....

Will yas still be ableta exchange room air twice per minute ?......You continue to make me proud with yer upgrades to bring vertness to the next level....

Lookin good my buddy.....Put angle braces on the outsides of the shelves to support all the weight of each shelf once the bags are full of juice and nugz are all swollen in late flower....

Handle it....Freds..:ying:....

bobblehead

Veteran
Big grow pimpin'...no doubt...

After seeing Agent-Smiths air box...kinda figured everyone woulda been on that...great job Bobble.

Agent-Smith has some great concepts in his designs... And yeah, the idea came from him.

Looking good man, I like the design and will be keeping my eyes on this thread to see how things work out.

I like the choice in reflective material, Great for reflection doesn't create hotspots and its added insulation. Going to be fun to watch this....

Thanks blaze! Good to have you back. I hope life is treating you better these days. Reflectix is definitely the best reflective material available. No point in even playing around with anything else.

Tell me about the intake and those pipes for constant extraction twice per minute Bro.....concept looks awesome with all the lil holes behind the plants....

Will yas still be ableta exchange room air twice per minute ?......You continue to make me proud with yer upgrades to bring vertness to the next level....

Lookin good my buddy.....Put angle braces on the outsides of the shelves to support all the weight of each shelf once the bags are full of juice and nugz are all swollen in late flower....

Handle it....Freds..:ying:....

Bro, you know I would never compromise airflow to eliminate a few fans... The manifold is 7x7, and it has 7 sides. It wraps around the room like a hectagonal horse-shoe. So, the 435cfm intake fan blows into the manifold, and the air is forced up into the pipes, with the holes blowing conditioned air out toward the plants.

Now, the concept was great... except I had too many holes! The air was blowing super hard out the first 4 pipes and hardly coming out the last 4. So, like I said, I taped up a bunch of holes... so that the first few pipes only have a few open holes, but they blow the hardest. As you go around the room, there are less and less holes covered to increase the airflow... Up to the last 2 pipes, with have no tape on them, to let the air out 100%.

I'm sure there is some airflow lost to friction inside the manifold and pipes, but the benefits of fresh air around the plants all the time... far outweigh any loss.

The exhaust is still unrestricted... so really it should be perfect... with my intake speed just slower than my exhaust. Not that it matters, cause I let the stink blow everywhere before being picked up by the 24/7 extraction in the lung room.

Something I've been thinking about: In my current setup, temps increase 10F from ambient w/o any cooling. Now, with the newest modifications, I'm hoping to improve on that, and remove any cooling device from the grow room. I believe that if I control the intake temperature, I'll be dialed and have more room for plants.

So that's where I'm going...

I was looking at metal angle braces, they're $1 each. I'm gonna need a whole case. lol... HD is gonna be like "why does this guy buy so much reflectix and angle braces?"

D

DHF

Cut 2 x 2`s on a 45 degree angle ta go up under each shelf and screw em into the sides of the racks out of the way of plants .....fuck buyin angle braces at a buck a piece......

I suggest 1 x 6`s on the outsides of the racks/shelves to hold the weight down if the 2 x 6`s haven`t already been bought...

Dial on Bro....Freds...:ying:....

bobblehead

Veteran
Cut 2 x 2`s on a 45 degree angle ta go up under each shelf and screw em into the sides of the racks out of the way of plants .....fuck buyin angle braces at a buck a piece......

I suggest 1 x 6`s on the outsides of the racks/shelves to hold the weight down if the 2 x 6`s haven`t already been bought...

Dial on Bro....Freds...:ying:....

lol... fuck buying 1x6... I have lots of scrap 1/4" OSB. 1x6 sure would be easier though... Anyway, I had to cut the 4x8 OSB down to 3x8, so I have plenty of material to work with. I'm gonna cut the OSB to shape, and wrap it with reflectix. Everything is gonna be nice and purdy.

edit: now I see the confusion. I meant a face for each shelf that measures 2ft x 6in.

Last edited: