What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
btw their is USD on the west coast :chin:

Bobble amazing work bro, sorry I have been so silent. I go in for surgery next week, I have hatched a bouncing 5 lb hernia..yipee!

Take care bro. I hope your surgery goes smoothly. I'm sure I'll talk to you before then though...

Look's promising, Bobble. This is going to be good :)

Thanks HGO... I've been meaning to razzle dazzle you guys... I'm hoping I can do it this time.

Great to hear on the goal of 4 Bobbleoctagons! :respect:

I finally yanked my USD a couple days back.. 81 days. Might could've gone to 85. Still awaiting a yield figger..

Anyway, I'm a little surprised to see you're still rockin' this, after my experience..? Though I did'er in dirt, and generally probably not as efficiently/environmentally sound as you, .. But she was a solid 11.5 weeks.. ?!

Either way, .. If you still are, I'd love to have a taste'r yours, because I'm sure you're doing it better than I. :D :ying:

Well I never planned on running her as a commercial plant... but you see, the plant vegges like no other. She roots super fast, and really doesn't even need a veg period... So when you take into account the time saved cloning and vegging, she doesn't take any longer to grow than an indica that you have to veg to a decent size.

Anyway... yeah, she does run long... but all the good strains run 10-12 weeks. Lately I've been taking all my crops around 9 weeks... but I definitely prefer to let them run at least 10. I don't really care for the plants that finish in 7-8 weeks. The plants that run 9 weeks look better at 10. What's another 2 weeks after 10? lol...

There's gonna be plenty of USD around for a while. Give me a few months and we'll smoke some... Unless I come upon some a friend of mine grew.

Here's the most important post you're missing from page 8, Agent.

Bobble. you inspire me, brother. If I lived within driving distance, I'd come over and swing a hammer with you just to feel a part of it.

I love building shit.

When I saw that dude's "harvest" on weed wars I was like, "Crush!?!?!" but then he didn't do the creepy laugh.

lol... thanks Anti. I'd love to have you over, but yeah... not happening anytime soon.

The black guy with the RA I felt bad for, cause the same thing happened to me. lol... But he just has a bad attitude about life in general. The other guy "grows some of the best weed in the world", and spends time with each and every plant... but spider mites break out and ruin his 1lb harvest? From how many lights? How expensive was his light bill? 1800 a month or something ridiculous... idk about these guys...

I've started recording Moonshiners after watching an episode... That's a pretty interesting show too.

not sure what the problem is as I can open up all pages with no issue
could be down to the browser, I'm using Firefox but I'll test it with IE later to check

Thanks for checking in oldpink... I hate it when a black hole makes it's way into my thread...

The link in Ichabod Crane's post no 108 freezes Google Chrome
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4831332&postcount=108 (don't click in Chrome!)

Came out of the lurkers' cave just to post that, the next post will be my new vert donut.
:tiphat:

Nice! Thanks for sharing the problem with the rest of us!

bobblehead

Veteran
RE> When I saw that dude's "harvest" on weed wars I was like, "Crush!?!?!" but then he didn't do the creepy laugh.

LMAO so true! He don't run HARD MODE, now that I think about it, only Bobblehead does.

GROW HARD MODE MOFRO!

That's it too, I use Chrome.

Looking good Bobble, I like your variation of my intake manifold with tubes, it looks like it's going to work great for your area :D
Here's a pic for those who haven't seen it

Thanks for the inspiration Smith.

OH man, both of those intake manifolds are pretty serious. Agent-Smith, are you running a perpetual system in that I guess?

aod

Thanks AOD. Always good to have you around bro.

I took every thing off that post.

I knew you were put here to sabotage me...

Fuck bobble you the man. Here I was thinking my take on the pods was going to give you some ideas, WRONG. Taking me to school yet again. Been following smith's grows for some time now, and didn't make the connection with the air manifold. Another stroke of genius I might add (k+ smith). Got fucked by the the RA in my lil room, but the big room did well as usual. This adds up to me having plenty of cash, but with my partner in the hospital i'm twice as busy. Seeing you put this together makes me want to start building my own set of pods even more (i've got space for two maybe three pods if I cram em + a veg area). I've got the space, plants, equipment, and money. Now I just need the time to build, and work out some of the minor details. Hopefully going to do one more crop in the big room and my partner will be well enough to take over so I can get things kicked off at the new location. Anyway i'll be watching and learning. Thanks again for doing the grunt work and sharing with all of us that wish to follow in your foot steps. Killin it bro.

Well thanks D. I'm rather ambitious... and though I haven't quite got to cropping nice and steady just yet... You have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat me. I have plans A, B, and C already thought out and ready to go, I'm just trying to figure out how and when to implement them. ;)

Aint nuttin to it but to do it buddy... Pick up your hammer and start swinging.,.. The next thing you know, you either have a big mess, and it's time to haul the ceiling out to the trash pile... or you've built a nice grow room.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
There's gonna be plenty of USD around for a while. Give me a few months and we'll smoke some... Unless I come upon some a friend of mine grew.

I just yanked mine last week. She went a full 81 days.. Eek!

Maybe I'll share with you if we connect on the Bobble Salvation Army gimmick. :dance:

And I politely disagree with your statement that "All the good one go 9-10 weeks.." Green Candy is by far the easiest, tastiest, stoniest, most prolific variety I've grown thus far.. Done in 62 days - purpl'n and all! :tiphat: (Although I suppose at 62 days, we can split hairs and say it's close enough to 9 weeks.. But not the END of the 9th week..) :)

And like a modern day stoner, I lost the cut. :wallbash:

D

DHF

I just yanked mine last week. She went a full 81 days.. Eek!

Maybe I'll share with you if we connect on the Bobble Salvation Army gimmick. :dance:

And I politely disagree with your statement that "All the good one go 9-10 weeks.." Green Candy is by far the easiest, tastiest, stoniest, most prolific variety I've grown thus far.. Done in 62 days - purpl'n and all! :tiphat: (Although I suppose at 62 days, we can split hairs and say it's close enough to 9 weeks.. But not the END of the 9th week..) :)

And like a modern day stoner, I lost the cut. :wallbash:
SH.....62 days IS the end of the 9th week except for the last day , and I assure you that 1 day won`t make a difference in rotations/cycles , but I can tell you this.....Green Candy could`ve gone another week guaranteed....

I was told to run my clone only Chem D 10 weeks from where I got it and all my rotations were at 9 weeks for as many cycles per yr as possible......so....

I ran 1 room an extra week and changed all the rooms out to 10 week cycles after that cuz the one`s that were ready before the Chem D still did better finishing for that extra week so it was win win for Fred flips.....

Finishing times are all relative....You can take them bitches ANYTIME after 7-8 weeks depending on what effect you want from the end product all the way up until the plants start dyin on the vine.......

I doubt anyone has ever let a plant go as far as it can in flower before fallin over dead inside , but I witnessed it many yrs outside waiting for my next yrs seedstock before clone knowledge , and I assure you...they can survive and change internally without degrading in quality , taste and effect WAY beyond their so-called finish times....

Finishing times were invented by Breeders/Seed Vendors ........bar none....

The diesels do better in longer rotations 12-14 weeks for ultimate quality from all my old head med growers out west and up north , and all my boys that dig their kushes take Bubba`s and such well into 12 weeks and beyond for that ultimate coffee-hash experience and max med effect.....

Anyways....Coffee and Bubba`s workin on me as we speak and GF`s callin breakfast`s done so ya`ll take care.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Oh yeah! Durr... Math - not my favorite activity! :shucks: :joint:

Very true - I was using a broad brush, but I suppose the gist is this - I'm an impatient bastard. :dance:

I'm excited to burn some of this USD once it's all good'n cured. I generally like to wait for the plant to visually tell me the end is nigh.. But the devil on my shoulder is the one always going, "C'mon, fuck it, it's ready enough.." :D I'm stoked to see how my patience pays off with this'n.

Patience - my strength as much as math!

Mister_D

Veteran
Well thanks D. I'm rather ambitious... and though I haven't quite got to cropping nice and steady just yet... You have to get up pretty early in the morning to beat me. I have plans A, B, and C already thought out and ready to go, I'm just trying to figure out how and when to implement them. ;)

Aint nuttin to it but to do it buddy... Pick up your hammer and start swinging.,.. The next thing you know, you either have a big mess, and it's time to haul the ceiling out to the trash pile... or you've built a nice grow room.

:laughing: Doesn't help matters I went bought around a thousand dollars worth of new tools this week. I've got the ambition, trust me. Unfortunately i'm a rather sick individual, and my illness won't allow my body to do all of what my mind wants it too. I've been obssessing over every aspect of these pods since reading your last thread, and have an ever evolving plan to build them out, with my own tweaks of course ;). My partner is like family to me, and i've agreed to hold down the fort until he is well enough to take over the big room. This was already in the works until his accident. Once he's back on his feet i'm going full steam ahead with the pods at the new spot. I love building rooms, and i'm not bad at swinging a hammer. Making sure my family is good first is my top priority though. Slows plans down sometimes, but that's ok. Gives you time to work out some of the kinks, and think of things I havn't. The future is bright, and you are leading the way. Of course credit is due to fred, heath, and others for laying down the foundation for us to build off of. I'll be watching, handle it buddy. I know you will. Looking forward to monocrop potential :wave:

Agent-Smith

I was not sabotaging you ask smith it was Neo.

...that guy ruins everything.
matrix000.gif

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wadyah mean USD is only an 11 week strain?, I thought it was only 4? you know SUPERWEED!

bobblehead

Veteran
Ichabod Crane is officially on saboteur probation.

I wish I had taken wood shop instead of plastics when I was in high school... No worries though, I'll be a carpenter yet! I'm dealing with a serious injury myself. I realized it was time to work smarter, not harder... and bought some clamps. First a 4", pictured, but then I realized I needed something bigger, and got a 6". First I made a basic rectangle with 4' sides and 1' middles. I attached 1' bars at the top and bottom, and 3 in between.
picture.php

And I added angle braces like Freds told me too... and that made the shelves 100% stronger. Thanks buddy.
picture.php

Now there's nothing level about my house... except the shelves.
picture.php

picture.php

and the newest bobblepod is coming to life... It just need the lights and water hooked up... Plants, and faces attached to the shelves... Can you feel my excitement?
picture.php

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I'm feeling it bobble! It's coming together perfect, looks great! How often are ya gonna feed this run? Still running mult-strains? I can't wait to see it filled to da brim :tiphat:

HGO

bobblehead

Veteran
Looking clean booble. Not going to angle the plants towards the lights in this pod?

nope. It's just not necessary for my design. This took some experience to figure out... lol... So let me share my thoughts...

DHF did 4 shelves/racks on 4 walls with 4 tiers, 4 plants each tier. 64 1 month old plants that have vegged for a minute in 5 gal SP's. I mimicked this setup originally, and it was necessary to angle the pots b/c they're tall, and not nearly as wide. You can stack them right on top of each other if you angle the shelves.

Now, I'm not as an experienced grower as Freds... but he's been telling me that numbers dictate yield... and I've been listening. More smaller clones flipped sooner increases the bottom line. It doesn't matter what strain you're growing, even bubba k will yield in a 300 clone SOG. So, I made the pots smaller so I could water the plants more often, and "shove more juice up their asses"... Then I had my custom pots made from SRGB... So really it's a planter, and I can put as many clones as needed to fill the bag... Less feed lines... Happier plants. Theoretically, I haven't completed a grow with them yet. lol...

Anyway, smaller pots fit right on top of each other without being angled, and it makes collecting the runoff oh so much easier. Greentoe built racks that weren't angled, and killed it. Heath plants his clones at an angle. ;) I plan on vegging in the 36 site flat and transplanting to the bobblebags, and planting the clones at an angle in the future.

In this design, I don't have to pull the clones through reflectix. That was a flawed design that cost me some clones. The plants will be able to grow freely toward the light. You don't have to train them to grow horizontal in vert. They do that on their own. You just have to hold them up before the heavy assed branches start snapping.

So, does that answer your question? Cause I put a lot of thought into whether or not to angle the racks.

Last edited:

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm feeling it bobble! It's coming together perfect, looks great! How often are ya gonna feed this run? Still running mult-strains? I can't wait to see it filled to da brim :tiphat:

HGO

I'm gonna feed every 1 minute every 4 hs to start... so 2-3x a day I guess... and then up it as much as possible in the smallest increments, ie 1 minute, as much as possible. I can't get specific about these things, as it changes so fast... lol... How about "however often the roots are ready to drink?"

I have about 85 Straw DD clones vegging up in bobblebags. I also have USD clones ready to go as soon as I can build another room. I have to come up with some money first though, cause I'm officially broke. lol... Not for long though. :blowbubbles:

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Sounds kickass, Bobble! I've got a real good feeling about this one fer sure. I've been up to my neck in coco all day, time for a spliff...

G'luck
HGO

Mister_D

Veteran
Thanks for the detailed response, but just so we are 100% crystal clear. You intend to veg in the nursery flats under horizontal light for a short but yet undetermined amount of time (this will be worked out for each strains individual needs for proper system filling. correct?) Once vegged and ready to enter bloom said clones will be transplanted into the bobblebags at an angle eliminating the need to angle the actual pots? I assume there will be no further veg time once transplanted to the bobblebag? Just want to make sure i'm understanding your thinking exactly.