What's new

bobblehead overtakes

Hazed

Things are lookin good in the Bobblehood!

Things are lookin good in the Bobblehood!

Wow them nugz look tasty man, good job! Used to use perlite for clones and had pretty good luck, but never did any real big indoor grows so mostly just stick a bunch of cuts in water and clonex in partial shade and pot em up whenever.

Glad to hear things are going good and your keepin on with the studies!

Drove through upper state MI and crossed at ste sault marie once a week for a couple years when I was younger, beautiful country indeed!
Best to ya friend...Hazed

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never had ANY doubts about your abilities....congratulations my friend...I "truly" know what you went through.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry I'm very tired and on NV...what is the CAPS Additive you mentioned for root growth?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Couple more pictures of Michigan.

picture.php

picture.php

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
So I finally harvested the octagon... Sorry I forgot to take room pics... but it looked the same, except the buds were bigger and the leaves started to yellow out. ;) In all seriousness, I'm thrilled with my last harvest. I managed to grow the largest buds I've ever grown, and quality is there 100%. I'm finally growing the world-class herb I know I can. The timing of the flush was still off... but it was better this time. I'm finding that with the blumats, I can start out with a high EC of 1.5 in the beginning, but then it's best to keep it at 1.0 EC come week 5 and let it dilute down the next 5 weeks. I have 330gal reservoirs... So they hold a lot of juice. Oh, also CAPS beneficials are without a doubt an excellent additive. Their effect on root growth is visible within a week ime.

Golden Goat
View Image

Chem D
View Image

Sour D
View Image

Strawberry Cough
View Image

nice shit bud you brewing the bennies or just adding it to your rez??

Grizz

Veteran
i went for a drive today also. the local scenery isent to bad.

nice harvest bobble, love it when all the hard work pays off

bobblehead

Veteran
Great to see you Bobble! Michigan is looking beautiful, I wish I was back over there.

Good to hear things are going the way you want 'em to go, shit man them buds look DANK! Nice work!

HGO

Thank you. It's about time things turned around for me... It's not just the buds, but my entire state of mind. Everything is right again. I'm stupid busy... but when I see how much I accomplish in a short period of time, that makes me happy.

Dude

The wife and I took a trip w the dogs out E today, with one simple goal: Find lots of trees!

Sad truth is that because Apple Maps is a steaming turd, the best scenery we got was en route, .. But I'm so happy to see your pictures - colors are just goin' nuts here right now. We drove past one batch that was purple on the outside leaves on the tree, and the stuff on the inner portion was still yellow - f*cing beautiful.

:good:

Yeah man, I just knew I had to take some pics and share what we have in our backyard every year with everyone. It's absolutely brilliant. Sorry your drive didn't go as anticipated, but there's always next year! :)

glad to see you on track bro congrats on the harvest..some beautiful looking buds..

i see you liking the beneficials..have you cut out sm90 still ??

looking forward to this next round keep it up

those fall colors of those trees are awesome

Yeah I haven't been adding back any SM-90... I know it's not completely diluted out yet though... I don't intend to buy more anytime soon. With the blumats, you really should only run base nutrients. All additives should be top fed by hand imo. It's just too easy to clog that 3mm tubing.

Wow them nugz look tasty man, good job! Used to use perlite for clones and had pretty good luck, but never did any real big indoor grows so mostly just stick a bunch of cuts in water and clonex in partial shade and pot em up whenever.

Glad to hear things are going good and your keepin on with the studies!

Drove through upper state MI and crossed at ste sault marie once a week for a couple years when I was younger, beautiful country indeed!
Best to ya friend...Hazed

I'm strange in that I enjoy going to school and learning... I've always wanted to know why things are the way they are... Unfortunately the more you learn, the more questions there are and they become more complex. It's a real can of worms.

Ichabod clones in cups of water as well... I hear it's a great cloning method. ;)

Sorry I'm very tired and on NV...what is the CAPS Additive you mentioned for root growth?

go to ebay, type in "just for the farm" or "for the farm only" it's something like that... I bought the root and foliar packs. They're beneficial microbes that aid in nutrient absorption, root growth stimulation, and pest control.

The room looks great but the out side looks dam cold

Yeah bro temps are dropping fast! Snow will be here soon.

well done bobble!

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I'd ever have good crop again. lol

nice shit bud you brewing the bennies or just adding it to your rez??

I'm brewing them and top feeding every other week. I have alfalfa and EWC's to brew up with the microbes.

i went for a drive today also. the local scenery isent to bad.

nice harvest bobble, love it when all the hard work pays off[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=35098&pictureid=891633&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

NICE!

So yeah please excuse my absence... but like I said, I'm busy as hell... and getting my dick wet is of more importance than updating my thread... ha ha... I didn't forget you guys! Kinda missed ya. Sometimes we have to take time apart from each other to truly appreciate our relationship. :huggg:

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amen.....have fun LMAO! Ahh to be young again with some testosterone left.......

Mister_D

Veteran
Bobble - Things are looking way better on your end of the world. Lots of nice fall colors coming out in the mountains around here too, really a beautiful time of year. Those pictures of yours are making me think I should come visit michigan one of these years, never been out that way. Glad to see you got a much needed mental reboot also :good:, i'm about due for one myself..... Anyway back to overtaking this motherfucker :biggrin:

Also was answering your pm, but hit the wrong button and lost it. Would like to discuss the soleniod idea in greater detail with you sometime in the near future. Just need to find some extra hours in the day.... Pussy does seem to be taking priority lately, though when you have a girl as naughty as mine..... lol ;).

Josey - That seriously looks alot like my girls sister. Maybe we are closer than I know hmmmmmm........ It's not her, but they could by looks alone be related.

bobblehead

Veteran
I forgot to add that I had the Chem D and Straw DD from the same grow lab tested... Chem D 18% and Straw DD 19%! So I take back what I said about the Chem D being more potent, cause right now side by side Straw DD is kicking ass. It's gonna take several more side by side grows to come to a conclusion... I just had a real excellent grow with both chem d and straw dd, so I'm excited to see what the next round of lab tests hold.

Amen.....have fun LMAO! Ahh to be young again with some testosterone left.......

Bro just score some roids from one of the muscleheads in SC. You'll feel like you're 25 again in no time!

Bobble - Things are looking way better on your end of the world. Lots of nice fall colors coming out in the mountains around here too, really a beautiful time of year. Those pictures of yours are making me think I should come visit michigan one of these years, never been out that way. Glad to see you got a much needed mental reboot also :good:, i'm about due for one myself..... Anyway back to overtaking this motherfucker :biggrin:

Also was answering your pm, but hit the wrong button and lost it. Would like to discuss the soleniod idea in greater detail with you sometime in the near future. Just need to find some extra hours in the day.... Pussy does seem to be taking priority lately, though when you have a girl as naughty as mine..... lol ;).

Josey - That seriously looks alot like my girls sister. Maybe we are closer than I know hmmmmmm........ It's not her, but they could by looks alone be related.

Thanks bro... I can't let you pull ahead and stay ahead... ;) Watch out.

PM's are open. I've just needed to get my finances straightened out and the time to make the changes. I'll have pics over the next few weeks to show you what I'm talking about.

and yeah... dirty girls need punishing. ha ha...

OH SNAP, YOU HAVENT HEARD ? they have this little blue pill that keeps you going like the inagizer bunny bro... humpity humpity

:biglaugh:

D

DHF

If dedication`s involved....all things will come to pass and make shit happen......

Never doubted for a moment that things would turn around for yas Bro..........

Stay the course and stay busy in the real world......It seems ta suit yas while motivatin yas at the same time......and....

:moon:.....Tap that ass.....You`ll have a slave for the duration ....bet on it....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:........

bobblehead

Veteran
Did I say I'd have pics of the gravity fed DTW in a few weeks? I meant a few days. Time to teach you old dogs a new trick. ;)

Lets preface this by restating how I have my reservoirs set up. I have 55 gal drums stacked on cinder blocks on top of 330 gal ICB tanks. I have 1 500gph pump in each ICB tank feeding the elevated drum stacked above it, and the water returns to the ICB tank via gravity overflow. The picture is in the beginning of the thread.

It's pretty clear by now that I'm not a big fan of the blumats... They're nice when they work... but when we're talking about a plant that's worth $300-1800+, I can afford the $5 a plant in runoff to assure that each and every plant becomes all it can be come harvest time. Nobody is gonna come along and tell me that blumats outperform DTW. So, I'm switching over... but I don't want to have to reconfigure everything either!

So this is what I did... I hooked up a 120v ball valve solenoid to a digital timer. Right now it's set to open for 1 minute at lights on to feed the plants. You can seed the black tubing coming down from the 55gal drum, plugged into the top of the PVC manifold.
picture.php

but this is where I started...
picture.php

The problem with the timer/solenoid combo, is that it's a suction solenoid, and not a ball valve solenoid like in the top picture. The suction solenoid requires a lot of water pressure to open, and gravity doesn't do the job. I'm really disappointed too, because the timer/solenoid combo runs on a 9v battery. No power cords to be concerned about coming unplugged or separate timers that fall out of the wall... The clock is military time, so there's no confusing the hour. I'm going to see if I can't find a 9v ball valve solenoid to replace the suction one. Does anyone have any suggestions before I go spending more money?

Latest posts

Latest posts