What's new

bobblehead overtakes

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> and I just met a hot 20yr old.

This tells me everything.....be happy...live well.

O

otis33

I've been lurking this and the other vert threads for some time now, and I just want to thank you. I have learned so much from you and everyone who contributes to these threads. I harvested my first grow last month. 26Oz from a1000wt vert donut. I never expected to get near that much. You work definitely inspired and help guide me. I have been taking lots of pics of my current grows and will start a thread of my own when I figure out how to upload the pics. Thanks Bobble, DHF, mega, ic silver and everyone else who contributes to these threads

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
Have you read the book Who Moved My Cheese? I feel like that is where this coming from... lol

I have goals... and when I finish them, I set new goals (move the cheese). To assume that I will only be happy once I reach my ultimate goal of being a healthcare administrator would make an ass out of u and me. Like I said, I am happy now, in the moment. Does my anxiety (drive to obtain the cheese) bother me sometimes and interrupt my happiness? Certainly. When I make my 3hr drive each way to my lake house... I'm grateful for my truck, my house, my plants, the trees on the side of the road, the fresh air once I get out of the city, that bald eagle circling in the sky... I'm not just caught up in the grow, focused only on the harvest. I'm grateful for having woke up with air in my lungs, with 10 fingers and 10 toes and all 4 of my limbs working. I celebrate my body every day by using it. Doing a bodybuilding show and getting on stage was one of the most unhappy moments in my life.... But the path I went down to get there taught me a lot about what does/doesn't make me happy. So believe me, I know the difference between being happy in the moment, and being happy once I've achieved a goal. Life is not about the goal, but the journey I am led on and the people I meet on the way. To suggest that none of that matters and I'm only concerned with the end result is wrong.

There's no reason I can't chase my cheese and be happy at the same time... There's a difference between being dissatisfied and unhappy. Dissatisfied means there's room for improvement. Unhappy means I'm ungrateful for my blessings. Am I ungrateful some of the time? You bet. Most of the time now I live in the moment, and try not to worry about the future because I have a path and all I have to do now is follow it. Growing is a stepping stone to my career. My career is a stepping stone to retirement. Retirement is the final journey before death. After death, all that you leave behind is your legacy. Even in death, I will be remembered for a long time by the lives I have and have yet to touch. A man living solely for self-satisfaction will leave behind nothing when they die.

I have not read the book. I simply think a mouse running in a wheel chasing the cheese that he will never get is a good analogy of the human condition. I have been interested in finding out the true nature of reality since I was 14. That was in 1984.

At one point, after contemplating about WTF I actually am? I became aware that my perceptions have been designed for self survival. My self-mind perceives (sees, hears, feels, tastes, thinks, etc.) everything in the field of my perception, then it interprets it, and provides this interpretation with a meaning. This meaning is always about what something means in relation to me as a "self."

This meaning, comes as a feeling sense, and actually tells me what to do. It all happens at lightning speed. It is not something we usually notice. We are living in a charged field, and are feeling effects from every perception we have.

For example. Imagine the difference between seeing an unknown toy-poodle, and a pit-bull running toward you. You would get two totally different emotional charges telling you what to do, right.

Or the different emotional charges you would get between someone pointing a water-gun at you or a real loaded gun.

This is how our self-mind works in relation to EVERYTHING we perceive.

This means that the goal of the self-mind is NOT to be happy, but to survive. And to survive as a particular "self." This is all we do. This is WHY it is so difficult to be happy with whatever happens at the present moment, it goes against the self-survival dynamic.

At the current time, the majority of this self-survival is in the social-domain. What can be called social-survival. This is where we have a "social-self" that we believe we ARE.

We create, maintain, promote, and protect this social-self on a moment to moment basis. We are convinced that we know who and what we are based on the past experiences that we have had.

The root of the suffering that we struggle with daily - lies in the assumption that we are this particular "self."

While in reality, we don't really know who or what we are.

We believe we know, and confuse this belief for a fact.

If we go back in our memory as far back as we can, we will reach a moment where we don't remember anything. We obviously don't know what was there? And was there a self there at all? We don't have a first-hand experience of this "self."

We can only be sure that there was NOTHING there, before the first experiences that we do remember.

In fact, if we go forward in our memory from the first experiences we do remember, we can see how our self-identity has been created.

This means that fundamentally, we don't know who we are. All we are left with are beliefs and assumptions.

What if this "self" we are surviving as - is simply a fabrication of our self-mind and is not fundamentally real?

What if we are simply confused?

What if what we consider to be our "self" is simply a collection of concepts we are identified with and attached to, and in reality that is NOT the "real" us?

bobblehead

Veteran
Yes but is it a hot twenty year old horse, cockatiel, donkey, ect. Could be anything really. Maybe it is that twenty year old quarter sitting on the dash of his truck.

Your sense of humor sucks.:moon:

I've been lurking this and the other vert threads for some time now, and I just want to thank you. I have learned so much from you and everyone who contributes to these threads. I harvested my first grow last month. 26Oz from a1000wt vert donut. I never expected to get near that much. You work definitely inspired and help guide me. I have been taking lots of pics of my current grows and will start a thread of my own when I figure out how to upload the pics. Thanks Bobble, DHF, mega, ic silver and everyone else who contributes to these threads

Happy to help. :tiphat:

I have not read the book. I simply think a mouse running in a wheel chasing the cheese that he will never get is a good analogy of the human condition. I have been interested in finding out the true nature of reality since I was 14. That was in 1984.

At one point, after contemplating about WTF I actually am? I became aware that my perceptions have been designed for self survival. My self-mind perceives (sees, hears, feels, tastes, thinks, etc.) everything in the field of my perception, then it interprets it, and provides this interpretation with a meaning. This meaning is always about what something means in relation to me as a "self."

This meaning, comes as a feeling sense, and actually tells me what to do. It all happens at lightning speed. It is not something we usually notice. We are living in a charged field, and are feeling effects from every perception we have.

For example. Imagine the difference between seeing an unknown toy-poodle, and a pit-bull running toward you. You would get two totally different emotional charges telling you what to do, right.

Or the different emotional charges you would get between someone pointing a water-gun at you or a real loaded gun.

This is how our self-mind works in relation to EVERYTHING we perceive.

This means that the goal of the self-mind is NOT to be happy, but to survive. And to survive as a particular "self." This is all we do. This is WHY it is so difficult to be happy with whatever happens at the present moment, it goes against the self-survival dynamic.

At the current time, the majority of this self-survival is in the social-domain. What can be called social-survival. This is where we have a "social-self" that we believe we ARE.

We create, maintain, promote, and protect this social-self on a moment to moment basis. We are convinced that we know who and what we are based on the past experiences that we have had.

The root of the suffering that we struggle with daily - lies in the assumption that we are this particular "self."

While in reality, we don't really know who or what we are.

We believe we know, and confuse this belief for a fact.

If we go back in our memory as far back as we can, we will reach a moment where we don't remember anything. We obviously don't know what was there? And was there a self there at all? We don't have a first-hand experience of this "self."

We can only be sure that there was NOTHING there, before the first experiences that we do remember.

In fact, if we go forward in our memory from the first experiences we do remember, we can see how our self-identity has been created.

This means that fundamentally, we don't know who we are. All we are left with are beliefs and assumptions.

What if this "self" we are surviving as - is simply a fabrication of our self-mind and is not fundamentally real?

What if we are simply confused?

What if what we consider to be our "self" is simply a collection of concepts we are identified with and attached to, and in reality that is NOT the "real" us?

I mean if you really wanna get down to the nitty gritty bleak outlook on things... Life is nothing but a series of chemical reactions. Happiness is nothing but seratonin, dopamine, oxytocin and some other neurotransmitters locking up with their respective receptor in the limbic system.

With such a narrow definition of happiness, it certainly is hard to achieve. Normally I find that less thinking and more doing is the quickest way to get things done.

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
I mean if you really wanna get down to the nitty gritty bleak outlook on things... Life is nothing but a series of chemical reactions. Happiness is nothing but seratonin, dopamine, oxytocin and some other neurotransmitters locking up with their respective receptor in the limbic system.

With such a narrow definition of happiness, it certainly is hard to achieve. Normally I find that less thinking and more doing is the quickest way to get things done.

I'm talking about things that can be directly experienced by me. I have not experienced chemical reactions, seratonin, dopamine, oxytocin or some other neurotransmitters locking up with their respective receptor in the limbic system. Or maybe I did once after I smoked about ten hits of OJD's SSSDH butter in Amsterdam at the 420 Award Ceremony in 2009. :)

I defined happiness as being happy with whatever I am experiencing at the present moment. If I have what I want, I'm happy, if I don't have what I want, I'm also happy. I don't need conditions to be met to be happy. Is this a narrow definition? I think it is as wide as it can get, no?

You don't even have to do anything. You can eat real cheese.

The present moment happiness is the real cheese, because it is the only moment, and the only thing that is ever real.

It is like the difference between eating the menu with photos of food, and eating real food. I prefer to eat real food.

Running after desires and goals, or what I have been calling cheese-chasing is like eating the menu, being happy with whatever you experience at the moment is like eating real cheese.

Being happy is about being happy. Period.

It's like unconditional love. You truly love a person when you can accept him or her exactly as he or she is.

When you want to get things done, then doing is the best.

But, obviously there are times to think.

It's like inhaling and exhaling, when we breathe.

We first have to do one, to actually be able to do the other :biggrin:

blumat question, where can i get the attachment pieces that i see u guys using. they attach the 3mm line from blumat into the main feed lines. they came with a "T" fitting, but i see u guys using what looks like 1/2" feed lines and "I" fittings to connect 3mm to feed line. thanks

bobblehead

Veteran
blumat question, where can i get the attachment pieces that i see u guys using. they attach the 3mm line from blumat into the main feed lines. they came with a "T" fitting, but i see u guys using what looks like 1/2" feed lines and "I" fittings to connect 3mm to feed line. thanks

kentsystems.com just know they're slow as fuck and have trouble with their website all the time so you may need to call and place your order. they are called 3/32" barbed fittings.

MIway

Veteran
Just make sure happiness in the now includes a bunch of naked nubile girls raining bho and nugs at you... Throw in a cheese tray just for the heck of it... ;-)

G

greenmatter

kentsystems.com just know they're slow as fuck and have trouble with their website all the time so you may need to call and place your order. they are called 3/32" barbed fittings.

:yeahthatskent systems is a pain in the ass to communicate with. get the part numbers off the web and pick up the phone to place your order 970-593-3185. they are gonna jack you for about $10 in shipping no matter what you order, so order double what you need. at 20 cents a piece it's not a big deal

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I read what Bobble writes I feel like I took a hit of 4 way Owlsey Orange Acid....

bobblehead

Veteran
Bud shots... Hopefully these don't look too flat?
picture.php

2 St. DD gave me 8oz.
3 Chem D gave me 10oz.
1 Sour D has yet to be weighed.

My last Headband harvest was 9.5oz with the same wattage. Things are improving a little.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
That don't look anything like my ChemD. I mean not just because it has no bugs or mold or because you can't see the stem all the way through out it.

Oh yes that is right mine is not ChemD.:moon:

BldSwtTrs

I wasted another 200 cuts a few weeks ago attempting to clone in coco... and I just can't. I'm going back to perlite, but in cups so I can see the roots and transplant more easily. Rather than throw plants into flower in a rush... I've decided to veg them bigger... I need clones, and I have an 1800w stack that needs large plants around it.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33878&pictureid=939252

Yo dude was just reading at some stuff in your thread and saw this.

I have the perfect solution for you. My local shop here sells pre-packaged rooting plugs. They are pre soaked in rooting solution and come plastic wrapped. All you have to do is take the cuttings and put them in the plugs. Mist every few days and the plugs dont go dry until they are rooted.

I have cloned I would estimate at least 5000 plants in my career and these are BY FAR the best way to do it. Get similar success rates as EZ Clone (about 95%) without the hastle. They come in packs of 50 for about 7 bucks and transplanting couldn't be easier as you just pop them out of the trey. I have used these in pure hydro (NFT) as well as coco with great success.

Anyway man let me know if you are interested and I will ship you some.

Latest posts

Latest posts