What's new

bobblehead overtakes

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I use a spatula to roll my buds around on the screens. Keeps them from matting down and possibly getting mold. I tried shaking the screens or tapping the bottom and just ended up flinging smaller buds all over. I also put a washing machine tray with a fan in it below the rack. It catches all the debris that falls through the screen. Most of my flat bud comes from the buds being to dang close on the plant when it grows though.

Kit Kat

I just finished reading this entire thread over the course of the last few days and wanted to say thank you to everyone... some amazingly valuable information and contributions. I especially appreciate your willingness to show your journey bobble, bumps and all. Ya'll are an inspiration!

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Am I the only one left in vertland that hangs their buds? The THC runs to the buds when you hang 'em upside down.....right? :biglaugh:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I heard you should drive a wooden stake through the base of the stem and THEN hang it upside down because it shocks the plant into producing more THC and it will drain down into your buds. Seriously read this in a grow book from the 70's.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I heard you should drive a wooden stake through the base of the stem and THEN hang it upside down because it shocks the plant into producing more THC and it will drain down into your buds. Seriously read this in a grow book from the 70's.

^^^^ Wesley Snipes style LMAO

picture.php

HGO

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

If I want to shock my buds I grind them up stuff them in a bowl and torch them. It produces the most THC for me when I use the bud. Just saying you know.:smoke out:

gingerale

Veteran
I have a different philosophy. Yes, the average MJ consumer is obviously ignorant as hell. I mean, in the south I can't count how many times I heard someone say they tried MJ, and "didnt like it cause it made me feel sleepy." Of course they have no clue about the huge variety of different strains available with different effects; all they knew about is Mexi hybrid schwag. The kief screening thing just blows my mind. Shaking my head at people's idiocy. At least nobody in Alabama is that dumb.

If I were confronted with such a situation, instead of taking advantage of these people's ignorance by--gag--going along with their fantasy ideas of what constitutes a good nug (all of which are incorrect, and insultingly wrong).....I prefer to be a standard setter. I would rather just educate the buyer/smoker where they are in error. I will provide what I know to be quality product to the best standards I can manage, and if the market doesn't think it's the best, I'll price it lower and it will sell regardless. I can make plenty of money without sacrificing what I know and believe to be right and correct. I will never knowingly cheat somebody, not even if their foolish beliefs make it easy for me to do so.

D

DHF

I have a different philosophy. Yes, the average MJ consumer is obviously ignorant as hell. I mean, in the south I can't count how many times I heard someone say they tried MJ, and "didnt like it cause it made me feel sleepy." Of course they have no clue about the huge variety of different strains available with different effects; all they knew about is Mexi hybrid schwag. The kief screening thing just blows my mind. Shaking my head at people's idiocy. At least nobody in Alabama is that dumb.

If I were confronted with such a situation, instead of taking advantage of these people's ignorance by--gag--going along with their fantasy ideas of what constitutes a good nug (all of which are incorrect, and insultingly wrong).....I prefer to be a standard setter. I would rather just educate the buyer/smoker where they are in error. I will provide what I know to be quality product to the best standards I can manage, and if the market doesn't think it's the best, I'll price it lower and it will sell regardless. I can make plenty of money without sacrificing what I know and believe to be right and correct. I will never knowingly cheat somebody, not even if their foolish beliefs make it easy for me to do so.
GA you`re right on top of me in Hell and I feel you but the kief tumbler thingy is used waaay more than most folks realize with bigger setups.....and...

By no means was I intending to act like it was "cheatin" said dope smoker/end result user , but was rather letting a trade secret out croppers have used for many many yrs to all my boys in the twisted kids forum....because....

What`s been mentioned bout dryin horizontally or vertically for market purposes and.Shcrews.....LMFAO on growin denser nugs, but....

As I said above , what shape the nugs end up is strictly strain dependent as more Sat dominant varieties will flatten out to a certain extent if not rolled and tumbled during said process of drying horizontally , and.....

More Indica dominant varieties will stay round-ish/golf ball-ish so it`s all a trade-off when the end result is all that matters as far as max terpenes , taste , and smell with all Chlorophyll gone for no hay smell tendencies when done properly....anyways....

Maj.....Always heard yas need ta wash the rootball and stick it in boilin water and then hang the plant upside down so all the THC would run out the stems and into the buds.....as if that`s where the good shit was ....Rumours abound with our hobby or what huh ?.......Now.....

Back to Bobbles....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shrug....I always hung mine until I produced so much we have to use the drying racks?

Noone been complaining about my dank fire skullfucker buds...lol!

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Hang dry using the very tomato cage that supported the floppys all through flowering. That way I know how much each plant weighs. Throw hooks in the joists and hang em from them.
Yahtzeeeeeeeee!!

Doesn't waste any space(all at head level) and makes it so I can still fiddle around in my lung room.

D

DHF

Hang dry using the very tomato cage that supported the floppys all through flowering. That way I know how much each plant weighs. Throw hooks in the joists and hang em from them.
Yahtzeeeeeeeee!!

Doesn't waste any space(all at head level) and makes it so I can still fiddle around in my lung room.
A place for everything , and everything in it`s own place.....Respect RBDF.....

Many ways ta skin a mule....and...

Peace....DHF....:ying:......

bobblehead

Veteran
You guys are forgetting the pre-harvest ice water flush with purple kool-aid... Or does the purple kool-aid come before the ice water flush? lmao... I love that this thread has a life of it's own... Almost 2 pages with no posts from me... :D Sometimes I feel like the worst gardener in the world... but I must be doing ok if I have all of you guys here!

So I didn't get shiiit done this week cause I had to take care of Mom after she had surgery... The plants will be ok for a few more days, family first. I'll upload a couple pics when I get home. The Headband is looking good except for some yellow leaves from all the crazy heat! I also lost 3 ECSD in the new room due to a pinched feed tube. I'm going to switch out most of my tubing for PVC. You can't mess that up...

Things I'm up to... Instead of inoculating my coco with Imid, now that the RA are dead, I'm going with fungus... Like the Met52, but cheaper... This guy named Capulator on the farm is selling bacteria and fungal spores. http://www.ebay.com/itm/for-the-far...ain_0&var=&hash=item35ba7b0253#ht_1367wt_1132
I guess the root pack is supposed to be like Great White but way more concentrated and cheaper, and the foliar pack has the same fungus as Met52. Anyway, after doing a bunch of reading... I'm going to start brewing teas with the root and foliar packs, alfalfa meal, earthworm castings, and molasses. This will be a hand-watered top feed every 2 weeks.

ROOT PACK:

The root pack is a proprietary blend of over 20 different different species of beneficial fungi and bacteria. Each one in the concentration of 5 billion organisms per gram. The root pack is designed to promote plant health by boosting immune systems, shoot and root growth, flower production, and the overall well being of your plants! The root pack includes (but is certainly not limited to) the following species:

-Pseudomonas flourescens: This is a saprophyte that creates colonies in water, soil, and on plant tissue. It will suppress plant diseases by acting as a systemic (a unique ability). Once it enters the vascular system of the plant, it actually produces antibiotics which prevent fungal and bacterial diseases from taking hold.

-Bacillus: Bacillus is best applied to young plants and seedlings, so that it can take hold and colonize on the developing root system. Here, it will offer protection by limiting the growth of fungal organisms like fusarium.
This bacteria alsosupresses other fungi and bacteria that cause scab, powdery mildew, sour rot, downy mildew, and early leaf spot, early blight, late blight, bacterial spot, and walnut blight diseases.

-Trichoderma: Trichoderma is a beneficial fungus, that will seek and destroy other harmful fungi in the soil/media. The presence of trichoderma will also cause the plant to activate its own SAR (stimulated auto response), which in turn causes the plant to boost its own immune system.

FOLIAR PACK:

The foliar pack is designed as a 100% safe, non chemical spray for insect control that can also be used as a drench for soil borne insects. The foliar pack includes but is not limited to:

-Bacillus: for the destruction of caterpillars and fungus gnat larvae.
-Beauveria: will control a number of pests such as termites, thrips, whiteflies, aphids, and beetles.
-Metarhizium: will infect spittle bugs and weevils, and thrips.
-Verticillium: will infect and kill aphids, whiteflies, rust fungi, and scale.
-Paecilomyces: will effectively eradicate many pests, including several species of spider mites.

Hopefully I can eliminate my chemical pesticides from my regular regime... and reserve them for an all out catastrophe.

D

DHF

Hope Mom`s ok and on the mend Bro.....and.....I know if there`s a God in Heaven that between you , HL , Mr C , and too many others ta mention eldewhere that there`ll be a way ta get rid of them lil bastards for good without all of us glowin in the dark from smokin residual pesticides.....

Don`t go to the Farm much anymore since Logic Banned Heath AND me within couple weeks time cuz we were helpin folks figure out the dangers of RDWC and it stepped on Doubled`s toes.....

Needless to say since there wasn`t any way for Logic to profit from our knowledge and experience our ass was outta there with extreme predjudice with all posts removed as if we were never there....

I grabbed up a new proxy so I could go surf the threads from time to time , but all I saw was crop death with no one around ta help folks once DD`s went AWOL.....

I know there`s several good growers over there still , but I lost interest and concentrated on my med sites and even came back here to help guide the newbsters on the path to Nirvana and never looked back....

Not sure I`d ever want Logic privy to my IP info , but neither here nor there I`m glad yas found some cheaper spores and such compounds ta deal with critters from over there....anyways.....and.....

Yeah....Your thread has a life of it`s own and I`ll make a post in a heartbeat just ta bring it back to the top of the forum list.....bet on it....

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best wishes to ur mom and prayers her way....also sending my best re: your sis wedding!
I just want to get home and see my girls....it's too fuckin hot here in the south east!

bobblehead

Veteran
gingerale- I used to think like you bro... It really stressed me out. lol I would interview patients, and they would ask me if I cure my weed. My response was always "You're question should be HOW do I cure my weed, cause one way or the other it cures... lol Anyway, you gotta pick your battles, ya know? Nobody likes the guys who always has to be right. Now, if they wanna check out my personal stash and start making stupid remarks... That's another story... :D

Freds- Scuffin' buds used to be talked about a lot on OG... I actually have a low rpm rotary motor to make a large (picture trash can size) tumbler for making dry sieve... ;)

Mega- Thanks for the well wishes. Be safe out there.

bobblehead

Veteran
Ok here's the veg... I have some dead foliage to clean up... but I was literally in and out this past week. It's not perfect, but it's better than the ugly mess I was dealing with before when the aphids were running the show... I have to get my temperatures under control still.
picture.php

picture.php

and the Headband @ 3.5 weeks... It's not quite as nice as Anti's stadium... but it'll do. ;)
picture.php

Mister_D

Veteran
They are bouncing back pretty well bobble :biggrin:. Hope your mom is doing better bro :comfort:. Have a question for you though, what is that white grate stuff called in the bottom of your veg trays?

Latest posts

Latest posts