What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
AOD hit the nail on the head... The pistils were sticking out too much making the buds look fuzzy I guess? Idk... They told me they wanted the pistils and any leaves to be "melted" into the buds. I wasn't about to leave my buds out in the truck on a hot day as suggested... So i settled for rolling them around on a drying rack.

I separate the top colas... Stick a few in jars for my head stash... And the rest get a little roughed up from handling to get that straight outta cali look. Lol...

L

LouDog420

People are nuts... Same deal by me. Any fluff in the bud, or too many hairs, and suddenly the ganja is subpar, before it even hits their lips. So my gear going out gets a bit squished and manhandeled, while I leave my choice nugs untrimmed jarred up for personal smoke. ;)

Crazy fuckers, good vibes bobble

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Yea man, luckily that is not a problem out here. Little out of NYC, most of the product out here is brown outdoor DIESEL from Cali. Haha everything is Diesel, it is pretty funny. I have been trying a shit ton of different strains out, and the funniest part, is the first one I grew and kept is the one everyone keeps asking for, so looks like thats the one.

Bobble, in the process of transplanting 60 clones to fill one side of the stadium tonight, this is going to be my first full side monocrop, so I am pretty excited.

Gonna update tonight or tomorrow morning hopefully.

Keep it green everybody.

aod

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobble just read that Detroit is laying off 164 Firefighters until end of July...better load up on fire extinguishers.......lol!

G

greenmatter

Bobble just read that Detroit is laying off 164 Firefighters until end of July...better load up on fire extinguishers.......lol!

send them to colorado. we have a couple things going on here that would keep them entertained

D

DHF

LOL I've been in ALL those states bro in the last 8 days now I'm back in Cali in L.A. clinbing into a brand new truck...home by July 5th with a $1,000 bonus for running a month straight .....I gotta say DHF I have NEVER felt humidity like down soouth Oh...My....GAWD!
I grew up in Hell Mega so the humidity`s always been here and my bitches loved it and exploded accordingly......but.....

Gotta deal with it and make it yer bitch or airborn nastie`s will form and crop failure`s imminent....and Bobbles...

Everyfuckinbody that rolls for production runs the hangin dryin racks for more cu ftg available to dry and cure mega nugs instead of hangin whole plants that can grow molds and mildews between the limbs without proper dehumidification and airflow during said curing process.....so....

The vacuum sealed Cali for sale look abounds with yo nugs and as yas said....that`s what the dummies want and God forbid we cause our product to be devalued by looks alone........so.....

Here`s what our close Guru taught me yrs ago that I prolly shouldn`t even speak of , but.....

He shall remain nameless and anonymous for tellin me ta get a Kief tumbler and run the dried trimmed nugs in for the trichomes and pistils fallin off to make the nugs look tighter and more for "market" sales that you and AOD alluded to bout the pistils stickin out makin nuggage appear fluffier and less quality wise before lips ever touched product in smokin/vapin gear..........so....

My buddy and I both started sellin all product and keepin the tumbler pressed into lil dime-size cakes from the craft store cheap ass twist down presses ftw , with the market lovin the texture of the denser "looking" nugs more than the hung properly dried and cured nugs without all the trich and pistil extraction from the tumbling.....

As said above......Folk`s ain`t right , and appearance/looks means more than actual quality/THC/CBD percentages so .....

I just let a trade secret out but I`m just like a duck........Don`t give a fuck.....Hereta help my boys do better and if the rolled and flat look works , so be it....but....

Bobbles....Getchas a Kief tumbler instead of roughin yer bitches up to make em look dispensary worthy in the flat racks without any benefit and they`ll still tumble and release great headie`s gear unbeknownst to the final destination......anyways....

I`m just sayin.....

Peace....Freds......:ying:......

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thats funny DHF. I dry on a rack because that is what is wanted. So all that stuff was falling on the floor so I put a washing machine tray on the floor to catch it all. I gave it to a friend I know because he can't grow with out getting mold every time. Told him how to get rid of the mold but he doesn't even want to try anymore. But anyway he smoked it and said it knocked him on his butt. Said it smoke sickly sweet though. I collected 22 grams from the last 24 oz dry.

D

DHF

Kinda got hooked on my lil discs while all product went to market till a Growbro sent me some pre-98 Bubba for helpin dialin his setup out and it was over.....except......I`d run her before....but....

She was the most pitiful bitch I EVER tried ta grow for any returns production wise and I culled her.........now....

I regret every day I`m without that particular cut that BLASTED my insomnia and arthritis needs , but I`m optimistic..

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
WTF is wrong with some people lol, I can't believe they would bitch about how the bud looks when it's been grown and dried so well?

gingerale

Veteran
I don't see anybody bitching....I do see some people pointing out (correctly) that small changes in the bud's appearance, or the way it's been dried and cured, has a huge effect on how quickly the nugs fly off the shelves. Hanging the buds is the only way to go for commercial growers (at least if you intend to carry the highest grade nugs), because it greatly improves the bag appeal to the average (non-expert) smoker. Humans like to see symmetry and order and you just don't get that with buds which are allowed to dry out while laying on their sides. The branches must be hung vertically for at least 3-4 days at first to allow gravity to pull the leaves down on all sides evenly, and for enough moisture to evaporate out so they'll remain that way. Then you can take em down and bag em or whatever for the final few days of drying.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
I don't see anybody bitching....I do see some people pointing out (correctly) that small changes in the bud's appearance, or the way it's been dried and cured, has a huge effect on how quickly the nugs fly off the shelves. Hanging the buds is the only way to go for commercial growers (at least if you intend to carry the highest grade nugs), because it greatly improves the bag appeal to the average (non-expert) smoker. Humans like to see symmetry and order and you just don't get that with buds which are allowed to dry out while laying on their sides. The branches must be hung vertically for at least 3-4 days at first to allow gravity to pull the leaves down on all sides evenly, and for enough moisture to evaporate out so they'll remain that way. Then you can take em down and bag em or whatever for the final few days of drying.

This is what we're talking about boss - bobble's buyers are essentially asking him NOT to hang dry..

...which blows my mind. Hell, I used to lay my buds down on a screen, and now I prefer to hang 'em - avoids the flat spots. And I'm the only one smoking the shit! :dunno:

gingerale

Veteran
Oh wow, must have missed that post....weird. But it just goes to show, you can't always predict exactly what the market is going to like; the proof is in the pudding, and every market is different. I know that in most of the south for example, the standards are way more lax and you can sell pretty much anything, but for much less money in most cases, because people are ignorant and would just as soon smoke Mexi brick as high grade. In the big cities though it's the complete opposite, more high grade and the prices are outrageous.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Heres a lil drying tip for ya if your not doing it already, crush the stems (or branch if your drying individual buds) also slice it up as far as you can. This way the buds will dry a little quicker but more importantly the majority of the moisture will be released out the stem/branch and NOT the bud, leaving your bud with an even less chlorophyll taste and looking a lot prettier.

HGO

D

DHF

I always hung limbs instead of plants cuz RH`s such a bitch ta deal with where I live , but ALL the Commercial growers I know indoors and out now use the drying racks with all plants bucked and trimmed with no excess stem as HGO alluded to for less water to draw out of the plants and faster turnaround on the baggin process for market....because...

Everything in nug/cola form on the racks that have multiple levels covers more cu ftg for the ablity to dry/cure/process more product in less sq ftg and be able to dehuey and keep airflow at an optimum for the best possible product for market on a consistent basis...but....

Yas can shake and rock the racks back and forth to roll nugs around and keep em from flattenin out during said dryin process if yas need em to stay roundish , and certainly strain dependent is a factor on how dense or less than on the end result/shape of a nug when dried on it`s side compared to hung vertically......

My biggest grower/friend of many many yrs runs only SFV OG KUSH monocropped for his own dispensary , and...

All his nugs end up trimmed out golfballs cuz he bucks and gets rid of EVERYTHING due to the strain`s crazy ass internodal stretched out spacing between the nugs , but are so dense they stay round on the dryin racks till done.......so.....

Whatever the market bears and requires......and a kief tumbler will take care of all the tightening up if yas still hang limbs , while providing plenty head candy for the trouble of the vacuum sealed look for the clubs Bro....

Peace...Freds....:ying:....

Last edited:
This drying and curing conversation has me convinced the average MJ consumer is dumb as fuck. Is this the result of dispensaries? I'm old enough and smoked long enough to remember getting imports that looked like crap but the high was out of this world. Wow, kief tumbling. What a score for the grower. And the consumer then is happy with the looks and says to his bros, "look at this killer bud"? minus all the good shit. WTF, dumb! Silly me, I always thought the quality of the high was the most important thing. HaHa. Carry on commercial growers, life is good.

D

DHF

This drying and curing conversation has me convinced the average MJ consumer is dumb as fuck. Is this the result of dispensaries? I'm old enough and smoked long enough to remember getting imports that looked like crap but the high was out of this world. Wow, kief tumbling. What a score for the grower. And the consumer then is happy with the looks and says to his bros, "look at this killer bud"? minus all the good shit. WTF, dumb! Silly me, I always thought the quality of the high was the most important thing. HaHa. Carry on commercial growers, life is good.
Just quoted your post in another thread.....

Seems like we`re on the same page...Folks are idiots and smoke with their eyes.....As you said , back in the day imported shit would "look" gnarly but set that head on fire..... so....

Can`t judge a book by it`s cover , but most folks do .....and....

Kief tumblers help the "Growers sanity fund" between runs/cycles....at least it did for me cuz I wanted max returns ta pay all my bills....

The skuff was just icing on da cake.....:dance013:....

Peace...DHF....:ying:.....

G

Guest 88950

ones mans trash is another mans treasure............win win for all involved.

silver hawaiian

Veteran

Vic - I like the cut'a your jib. :good:

+111 1 11 1!! 1 eleventy