What's new

bobblehead overtakes

Mister_D

Veteran
Glad to have you back bobble! :peacock:. Was getting boring around here without ya :biggrin:

Quick question, are the blumats hooked up in the rack room?
If so could I trouble you for some pics of where/how the lines are run. Oh and that USD looks very tasty :joint:

D

DHF

I know yas hadta make a move and get the fuck away with security breach Bro.....and ....

There`s not a doubt in my mind you`ll figure this shit out cuz I know you....so....

You DO listen to my old ass sometimes as far as tasks to be performed regularly and tasks that can be done on different visits.....Time management....

Bro...I STILL run a small const co in the real world , and when I was croppin , I HAD to make time to tend my bitches or they`d keel the fuck over and croak.......

Thus why I went with ebb and flow buckets after krusty buckets for all but maintenance free runs with once a week visits to swap out rez`s and chop/hack/prune till I was happy with the canopy....and hey....

When I got keys to a property , I flew in and built a wall at least 12' out and like 30' long in the basement and covered it in osb.....then....

I framed the fliprooms and covered with osb as well ALL in 1/2 day cuz I`m a carpenter/homebuilder and know wtf to do and get it done....but...

You`re exactly right as far as bringin in cuts and plants from other locations to set up the cabs and flip rooms for future perpetual , and .....when Blue Haze showed me howta run mom plants in coco , I liketa have shit at how explosive the growth was.....so...

Needless to say when I saw Heath`s rack`s , all my ebb and flow bucket rooms got swapped out for #5 coco smartpots dtw ftw ......

Bobbles....I`ve got faith in yas Bro....You`ll figure shit out and how you`ll run all those strains for your benefit......You know what ta do....Handle it....

Holler if I can help....Adapt or Perish...Grab this shit by the short and curlies and make em your bitches....I know you will.....and hey.....

Been tellin ya`ll for a damn long time.....Blumat`s fuckin rule.....Most bulletproof setup once dialed I`ve seen EVER......as far as K.I.S.S goes and solid yields across the board.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

Bobble, glad to hear that you're still at it :)

Still not sure about Blumats.........having never used them, I prefer to run 10-15% of nute solution thru on timers and not run the risk of having the Blumats fail (which I've seen a lot of, although I've admittedly never tried them). I can leave my grow for ~10 days (any vacation longer than 7 days and I'm ready to go home - I don't care if I'm in the fucking Garden of Eden, I wanna sleep in my bed after about a week), and I've yet to hear of anyone (of any consequence) running Blumats who can make that same claim.

Timers and redundant pumps work really well for me.

D

DHF

Still not sure about Blumats.........having never used them, I prefer to run 10-15% of nute solution thru on timers and not run the risk of having the Blumats fail (which I've seen a lot of, although I've admittedly never tried them). I can leave my grow for ~10 days (any vacation longer than 7 days and I'm ready to go home - I don't care if I'm in the fucking Garden of Eden, I wanna sleep in my bed after about a week), and I've yet to hear of anyone (of any consequence) running Blumats who can make that same claim.

Oh Ye of little faith....and since yas `ve never TRIED em and heard nightmare stories from folks that didn`t have a clue.....and you know I mean no disrespect Bro , but....

TTC...Once the cones are dialed down to a cling with each plant to determine WHEN there`s all but no runoff , it`s the elevated rez with constant down pressure on the cones that provides the comfort zone to allow yas ta fuckin NEVER be there if yas got all bases covered....I`m just sayin.......

If yas didn`t haveta be there to rape and pillage the bitches for plant structure before and after stretch for the all but as close to a perfect sideways canopy , then yas wouldn`t haveta be there....cuz....

The Blumats are fuckin feedin them bitches as they NEED it....Rather than wastin runoff to make sure there`s no residual salt buildup with the coco.....and then there`s.....

Dripclean....TTC....Getchas some @ 1ml per gal feedjuice...and forget runoff....or....Are we comparin apples and oranges as in fast hydro or talkin bout coco as in what Bobble`s is runnin......regardless...Ya`ll both my boy`s and I`m hereta help.....

Onward and upward...DHF....:ying:.....

Last edited:
Lol - HP Aero setup is in storage and I'm actually donating it to my local hydro store to see what they can do with it with the veggies that they grow in the store...........these days I run DTW coco (half chips, half coir so I can feed more frequently) and use JR Peters nutes (like $.01 per gallon, if that)..........no sweat off my back to run a little bit of waste and leave the drip clean on the shelf :) Drip for 1 minute (about 2 gallons, two 1500gph pump each feeding 8 drippers set to be wide open) every four hours and ~1-2 gallons runs off per day.

Plus my runoff feeds my veggie garden, so I get some killer squash, zukes, beans, etc. :)

Sorry Bobble........back to our regularly scheduled thread.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BOBBLE....good to have you back love them 50 galls for the BLumat reservoir, thats certainly bigger than my whole bloom room res lol.

Looking forward to better an better runs!

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We should have a IC party and meet here Bobble...I might be able to fly out.....just a crazy idea but who knows?

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
Glad to have you back bobble! :peacock:. Was getting boring around here without ya :biggrin:

Quick question, are the blumats hooked up in the rack room?
If so could I trouble you for some pics of where/how the lines are run. Oh and that USD looks very tasty :joint:

I will take some pics next week. I have some cleaning up to do still but I was so sore this morning... I slipped and fell on top of one of the 330g tanks, luckily I didn't fall off... ha ha... but between that, potting, lifting cinder blocks and 55g drums... I'm beat, so I came home.

DHF already told you what's what... lol... So no need for me to reiterate.... but I will speak from my personal experience, and tell you that there is nothing easier than blumats. I've used several different feed systems... When it comes to growing on multiple levels, things get complicated... NOT with blumats. It's all the same no matter what height the pot is, just as long as the reservoir has water higher up than the pot. I use straight RO, so I really don't wanna have to send more of it down the drain than I have to... I've had sooo many problems with timers failing and adjusting pressure to feed plants on multiple levels... If you follow the instructions, there is nothing easier than blumats. There is no guessing. I've read a few threads where guys leave their plants for 2 weeks at a time with blumats.

We should have a IC party and meet here Bobble...I might be able to fly out.....just a crazy idea but who knows?

View Image

I'm down for an ic party... get a rental house and have some friends over... but I don't do pot conventions anymore. I went to High Times Medical Cup and it was such a joke... and there's cameras everywhere... I'm more of a behind the scenes kind of guy. I'm just now comfortable talking to the owner of my hydro shop and I've been going there for... 3 years? I don't feel comfortable in places like a pot convention.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Good to see you back bobble...

You seem to be experiencing a lot of what I've went through with remote growing and time management. While I was successful it was a complete pain in the neck at times and I didn't achieve the mental freedom that I thought I'd get with it. I've since back-peddled out of those situations and I'm back to smooth sailing again..

That however was before blumats... so I may have to give it a whirl again.. I know I could do it with my eyes closed if going blumat w/ horizontal trellised garden. I'll take the reduction in yield over vertical if going remote again as a horizontal properly supported blumat garden is bulletproof.

TommyTwoColas,
I can attest to that claim. Now blumatted I can leave my garden for as long as I have water above them. Longest I've left with just a 55gal barrel above them was for 2 weeks but in a rig like bobble just showed you go do an entire grow damn near without being there. A bit of pruning.. but thats it.

The only thing that keeps me now from leaving too long is the fear of monster colas falling around / possibly too close or into the lamps (when growing vertical). I have quite mastered canopy support when growing vertically.

bobblehead

Veteran
Good to see you back bobble...

You seem to be experiencing a lot of what I've went through with remote growing and time management. While I was successful it was a complete pain in the neck at times and I didn't achieve the mental freedom that I thought I'd get with it. I've since back-peddled out of those situations and I'm back to smooth sailing again..

That however was before blumats... so I may have to give it a whirl again.. I know I could do it with my eyes closed if going blumat w/ horizontal trellised garden. I'll take the reduction in yield over vertical if going remote again as a horizontal properly supported blumat garden is bulletproof.

TommyTwoColas,
I can attest to that claim. Now blumatted I can leave my garden for as long as I have water above them. Longest I've left with just a 55gal barrel above them was for 2 weeks but in a rig like bobble just showed you go do an entire grow damn near without being there. A bit of pruning.. but thats it.

The only thing that keeps me now from leaving too long is the fear of monster colas falling around / possibly too close or into the lamps (when growing vertical). I have quite mastered canopy support when growing vertically.

While I haven't had a 6lb+ harvest to support just yet... Why can't you just hang the trellis vertically? As the branches grow out you can train them through it, and as the colas fatten up and fall forward, the trellis catches them... I'll put some chicken wire on the ceiling, and use that to hang the trellis. The bottom needs to be secured a little further back I find so that I have room to walk w/o my feet catching the net. You could staple it to the bottom of your rack or just attach some weights...

I would love to get down to biweekly visits... but weekly is better. There's still a chance of saving the crop if you catch most errors in the first week... wait 2 weeks and ur screwed. It's nice to know that the system can run itself though in the event of an emergency preventing the regular weekly visit.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. This is the largest remote grow, actually it's the largest grow I've ever done AND it's remote, and the learning curve is a lot steeper. I was still living at the last spot so I was always checking on the plants. I should have trained myself to only go downstairs once a week in preparation... but I was having all sorts of problems then too. :laughing:

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Medical marijuana law no defense for Mich. drivers

Medical marijuana law no defense for Mich. drivers

Be careful Bobble if you drive "medicated" in MI.
===========================================

DETROIT - Michigan's medical marijuana law doesn't shield people from charges if they are caught driving after using the drug, the state appeals court ruled Wednesday in another significant decision involving the 2008 voter-approved law.

A three-judge panel sided with the Grand Traverse County prosecutor in northern Michigan by restoring a criminal case against Rodney Koon, 50, a medical marijuana user who was stopped in 2010 for exceeding the speed limit by nearly 30 mph. He admitted smoking marijuana six hours earlier, and a blood test revealed the drug in his body.

Michigan law has zero tolerance for drivers who show evidence of certain drugs, but more than 130,000 people have state-issued cards allowing them to use marijuana to alleviate pain and other symptoms of chronic illness.

Two courts dismissed the charge against Koon, saying prosecutors had to show he was impaired. The appeals court, however, said the medical marijuana law "does not permit all types of medical use of marijuana under all circumstances."

"Driving is a particularly dangerous activity," judges David Sawyer, Peter O'Connell and Amy Ronayne Krause wrote in the ruling. "Schedule 1 substances are considered particularly inimical to a drivers' ability to remain in maximally safe control of their vehicles. The danger of failing to do so affects not only the driver, but anyone else in the vicinity."

A message seeking comment from Koon's attorney, James Hunt, was not immediately returned. In a court filing, Hunt argued that drivers who use medical marijuana should be treated like other people who legally consume prescription drugs.

A statewide association of Michigan prosecutors had called for the result delivered by the appeals court. There always will be some conduct that is considered legal, the group said, but only before someone gets behind the wheel of a car.

"Even texting, conduct that is otherwise legal and might even, at times, involve the communication of protected content under the First Amendment, is prohibited while operating a motor vehicle" in Michigan, prosecutors said in a court filing.

Many disputes over medical marijuana have hit the appeals court. In a major decision last year, the court said the new law doesn't allow the sale of medical marijuana through pot shops. The case has been appealed to the state Supreme Court.

bobblehead

Veteran
that's fucked up bro... I don't smoke and drive, but it's definitely in my blood... These people don't have a clue...

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
I got a DWI in September for that, and I am in NY. Had bud on me, and cop screwed me. Oh well, not having a license sucks, but I am saving like almost $1000 a month not driving me truck around.

aod

D

DHF

Ya`ll boy`s ain`t seen Nazi`s....The blood test 6 hours later to determine THC still in his body blows my mind cuz those sound like Gestapo tactics down here in Hell since pot`s stored in the fatty tissue of your liver and kidneys and can stay in a fat boy`s system like me for well over a month........and ...

That`s just smokin semi-regular....I couldn`t piss in a cup and pass since I was 17 , so there yas go.....but....

How fuckin stupid do you haveta be to admit to the POLICE you`ve been smokin dope even if yas have a card....I`m just sayin....

If I stole a cow and swallowed that mutherfucker to keep from gettin caught , and the tail was hangin out my mouth when PoPo asked me bout it , I`d STILL shake my head no and TRY ta tell em they were full o shit and I ain`t the 1....

TTC....I ran DTW with GH 3 part for over 3 yrs @ 4 locations with 8 rooms and I don`t give a damn HOW cheap juice is , it used ta piss me off to waste that shit down the drain just ta keep residual salts from buildin up in my medium......so....

If I went backta croppin , the FIRST shit I`d buy would be Dripclean , and the second would be ta go haul my blumats and maxi`s outta storage and build elevated rez`s with overflows in em ftw.... see.....

I shutdown almost 3 yrs ago and already had the foresight to up my game and make it even MORE K.I.S.S. with the blumats , but I`d still continue my weekly visits for time managed tasks with the plants ftw........

Love ya`ll guys , but I ain`t attendin no pot parties .....lol....

Fuckabuncha 4/20 and all that televised/publicised horseshit....

Too old and paranoid for that shit and it`s served me well.....

Ya`ll handle it and lemme know how things went.....Wish I could have ALL of yas down to Fredville fer beers , bongs , and BahBeeQue.....anyways....

Gonna be fuckin up some whole pig on the smoker 2morrow.....well...1/2 pig cut down the middle from the rooter to the tooter........

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

MIway

Veteran
that's fucked up bro... I don't smoke and drive, but it's definitely in my blood... These people don't have a clue...

that's not the worst of it... basically a trooper could smell weed in the car... then have suspicion that you might be under the influence of a sched 1 narcotic & order you to have blood drawn... zero tolerance. that slip they want you to sign... something like 7 points on the record for denying it, plus arrest & impounding of the vehicle... or you comply. then they find actives & metabolites from ages ago... guilty of having a sched 1 in your system... zero tolerance.

if they wanted to go so far as to fuck with you.

would hope this will go to the sc... the coa basically chose to deny other seemingly cogent arguments that the mmma establishes medical benefits, and kicks sched1 status out by definition... but, they chose to let them fuck w us instead.

and the shit keeps a rollin...

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
If I stole a cow and swallowed that mutherfucker to keep from gettin caught , and the tail was hangin out my mouth when PoPo asked me bout it , I`d STILL shake my head no and TRY ta tell em they were full o shit and I ain`t the 1....
LMFAO... aint that the truth. I couldn't tell you how many buddies have been in trouble over simply not keeping their mouth shut and literally doing the pigs' jobs for em.

1 buddy ..one that I've stressed the importance of never opening your door to LEO.. gives me the line after being busted.. Me: Did you open the door for em? "Yes" Why?.. "well dude..they had a warrant ..they were coming in anyways"

2nd buddy.. busted with a bong in his trunk. Dude was sober and literally just showed em the bong after they made him sweat. "Dude.. they were bringing the dogs out anyways.. I didnt want them ripping my car apart"

3rd buddy.. Did you tell them you did not consent to a search of your vehicle? "Well no.. that would just make me look suspicious and they would have search anyways.."

Complete idiots..they cant be helped.. This is why I no longer help friends.. Even after being schooled on what to do and what not to do they still succumb to their own stupidity and fear and practically show the police their illegalities.

Fortunately I did have one buddy who was listening to me. Was pulled over with 1g in his vehicle. Cops gave him all the bullshit and my buddy just remained silent and told em if they were gonna bring the dogs out then they better get on it' because he was not consenting to a search. 2 hours later dog arrives - hits on car- my buddy gets caught with 1g of weed. Needless to say the dickheads were ANGRY. My buddy took his fine and had a great story to accompany it. Unfortunately he is no longer with us today for other reasons.. RIP.

Other idiot buddy even still said "See - they ended up searching and finding it anyways"... he still doesnt understand the point.

Bottom line.. If I'm getting in trouble I'm sure as hell not going to make their job any easier. Going to waste our time..were going to waste theirs.

Bobble,

I'm not understanding something about your elevated rig. You have 1/2" fill - 3/4" overflow but why is the tubing feeding your blumats still half way up the barrel? I'm missing the point there? I do similar but the bulkhead that heads to my blumats is at the lowest point on the barrel.

As for the vertical support.. I did something similar with rabbit fencing and had a large cylinder around my bulb in-case things got tippy.. unfortunately it wasnt big enough and after leaving for 10days I returned to find large colas had leaned into the cage. Because the cage was too close to lamps it was hot. Any flower that touched it - vaped itself. Since then I'm running bare plants around a bare bulb in a ring.. although a larger cage/cylinder would likely do the trick... I still havnt took action yet.

I'm sure I'll be kicking myself in the ass about 6-7 weeks in. It always works out that way. I'm all happy and proud the entire grow - things looking beautiful.. and then the final weeks I'm always freakin out and cursing up a storm because I failed to correct known issues. :(

We have a drugged driving law around here but I've never seen any of the local police take action on it. Actually they are normally pretty cool about weed. A big titted friend ;) actually drove away from a DUI check point with only a possession charge after leaving the bar. Needless to say that cop saved her a large amount of money by charging her for that blunt and turning a blind eye to the alcohol on her breath. Still lose your licsense around here for any type of possession/pipes/papers, etc, but aside from that the consequences aint too bad...minor misdemeanor.

bobblehead

Veteran
Bobble,

I'm not understanding something about your elevated rig. You have 1/2" fill - 3/4" overflow but why is the tubing feeding your blumats still half way up the barrel? I'm missing the point there? I do similar but the bulkhead that heads to my blumats is at the lowest point on the barrel.

Have you ever tried sticking your arm inside a 55gal drum? That's as far as I can reach w/o completely cutting off the top. There's still 25-30 gallons available to the plants... Mostly I needed the height of the drum though. It's safer than stacking bricks all the way up to the ceiling. ;) I could always cut off the tops and use some sort of lid I suppose...