What's new

bobblehead overtakes

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
ah I see..lol.. Doesn't really matter anyways until you want to fully empty them as they stay full all the time anyways.

Right now I have a 55Gal raised barrel per 1k light. You've got a TON of water capacity there. How long does that giant res last you per X amount of wattage.. before it needs topped up and re-nuted?

Do you just account for the leftover solution in that giant res + 25gal or so in your raised res?

I've been topping my tanks when they get to 15gal and filling them back to 55gal...mixing as per 40gal instead of 55... but I'm sure I'm not exact in my calculations and measurements..

bobblehead

Veteran
ah I see..lol.. Doesn't really matter anyways until you want to fully empty them as they stay full all the time anyways.

Right now I have a 55Gal raised barrel per 1k light. You've got a TON of water capacity there. How long does that giant res last you per X amount of wattage.. before it needs topped up and re-nuted?

Do you just account for the leftover solution in that giant res + 25gal or so in your raised res?

I've been topping my tanks when they get to 15gal and filling them back to 55gal...mixing as per 40gal instead of 55... but I'm sure I'm not exact in my calculations and measurements..

The 330gal tanks are hooked up to the RO for auto top-off. My tap water is no good. The water in the drums is constantly recirculated with the pump plugged straight into the wall. No timer to fail. The drums stay full all the time, for constant pressure.

I have a bluelab meter to check pH and EC. I only have to adjust nutrients.... So i have to give them time to disperse...

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Interesting..

So your mix is constantly being diluted as your plants consume water. Sounds like a good way to ensure you never accumulate into the hot zone. Have you ever ran into deficiencies or underfeeding running it this way?

Isnt your pH also being pulled up out of range as your autotopped with RO around 7?

bobblehead

Veteran
Interesting..

So your mix is constantly being diluted as your plants consume water. Sounds like a good way to ensure you never accumulate into the hot zone. Have you ever ran into deficiencies or underfeeding running it this way?

Isnt your pH also being pulled up out of range as your autotopped with RO around 7?

The pH never gets up past 6.0... I honestly quit checking pH, I just add fertilizer to 1.5EC, and it ends up around 5.5-5.8 pH. That's not to say I don't check pH at all... but it's not a concern anymore. The fertilizer is buffer enough to keep the pH steady.

As far as deficiencies go... No, b/c when the reservoirs are full, the EC doesn't drop below 1.2 in a weeks times. Right now, as you can see in the pics, only 1 res is nearly full, and the other only has enough water to fill the drum. It's going to take another 2 weeks probably before they're both completely full. I find that diluting out the veg juice instead of cutting the plants off cold turkey works better. I used to have fan leaves turning yellow in week 6-7 b/c I would cut out the micro after week 4. I'm getting the best results ever with this method, with good lab scores to back it up. I still have room for improvement though....

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
I have a lot to catch up on, but I'm glad to see that your fine mate and not been beaten up too badly by life.

Blumats really are the fuckin way to do it mang! I seen the light when I pulled em out for a crop of UK cheese that was lookin very VERY poorly. My homey was fuckin up on the watering - they were in soiless mix (compost it called over here, lol). The blumats really bought those bitches back to life in no time and I've never seen colour return to a plant so quickly I mean these bitches was yellow as fook like 4.5 weeks into bloom, in my experience they never go back to a normal colour if they're that gone at that stage.

Anyways cut a long ass story short we still managed to pull 31oz from some really ill clones - they were ill when they first went in. Under 2x600's horizontal shades. Not 1gpw but a fuckin shit load better than hand watering would've ever produced.

Moral of the story if you grow in pots of coco or soil, buy your ass some blumats :)

peace

bobblehead

Veteran
Happy 4/20 everyone... My calendar says it's our last...
picture.php

picture.php

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
According to my calendar, the world ended on December 31, 2011.

Calendars are spooky.

Happy 420, homies!

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
According to my calendar, the world ended on December 31, 2011.

Calendars are spooky.

Happy 420, homies!

yes and no... it true it was added later then the mayan calander but was added becuase every year is not 365 days long its 365.25 long it had to be added to make sure the calender didnt drift off course hence the reason for leap year so... id still go by our calander -=P

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmm those are some sweet looking meds their my man...happy 420 everyone also!

D

DHF

That USD `s some tight lookin nuggage my buddy....Happy Dope Smokin Holiday....and....

Been smokin all kinda shit down here this day.......Mostly animal carcasses , but been burnin my Bubba meds while they last....

Fucka buncha Mayan Calendar....I made it through Y2K...:moon:.....

What coulda been worse than the World`s Almighty Gawd`s computers fuckin up and not resettin themselves.....:woohoo:..........

My bankin records woulda gone away and I`d be outta BUNCHA debt , but I digress...cuz....

We gonna be around till we blow each other up , so I`m gonna be dedicated and medicated till it`s time ta meet my maker....and....if it happens sooner than later .....

It`s been a good ride....

Bobbles....Respect....

Peace....Freds....:ying:......

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Detroit fire boss: Let some vacant buildings burn

Detroit fire boss: Let some vacant buildings burn

(04-22) 12:52 PDT Detroit, MI (AP) --

The Detroit Fire Department could adjust to a looming 15 percent budget cut by allowing some abandoned buildings burn to the ground, according to the city's top fire official.

Executive Fire Commissioner Donald Austin said his is creating three proposals for Mayor Dave Bing to consider when making deep reductions to the 2012-13 budget, likely to be below this fiscal year's $183 million. Detroit is going through a state-monitored budget overhaul under a deal reached between Gov. Rick Snyder and city officials, an alternative to a state-appointed emergency manager.

"I'll give (Bing) every penny I can without cutting people," said Austin, a former Los Angeles assistant fire chief who became head of Detroit fire operations last May.

Detroit stands out from other large U.S. cities and will need to take drastic steps to meet its service needs, he said.

"Name another city in the United States that lost 200,000 people in 10 years," Austin told the Detroit Free Press ( on.freep.com/I21PTT) for a story Sunday, citing U.S. Census figures. "So we're in a unique position. And I believe it takes unique approaches to deal with situations that are not the norm."

Wide swaths of Detroit's once-teeming neighborhoods now consist of scattered occupied homes, surrounded by boarded-up structures, burned-out husks and weed-covered vacant lots.

One of Austin's proposals would allow vacant buildings to burn if they're more than 50 percent ablaze — as long as they're not a risk to inhabited structures and the weather is favorable. Austin said about 40 to 60 percent of the fires in Detroit are in vacant structures.

Another proposal is to ask the U.S. Navy's construction division, the Seabees, to level 10,000 vacant and dilapidated homes.

And a third is to create a demolition unit in the fire department, Austin said, using heavy equipment to level the remnants of newly burned buildings. The unit would be similar to a tractor company Austin created in Los Angeles to cut breaks around wildfires, maintain hillside fire roads and overhaul large industrial fires.

"When these houses burn up and there's no value left, I can get my firefighters, with proper training, to raze that house — get rid of it," he said.

Detroit Fire Fighters Association President Daniel McNamara said he opposes Austin's idea of letting vacant homes burn, unless they're on a predetermined demolition list, as is the case in Flint.

"If we could have that kind of communication, we wouldn't have this kind of discussion right now," McNamara said.

___

Information from: Detroit Free Press, www.freep.com

Beauties

Beauties

Those USD are some beauties. That strain/pheno looks to be the real deal. Nice.

Man, I'm just dying to see one of your pods filled with USD.

bobblehead

Veteran
Ok Mr. D... I have a few pics for you. I forgot my good camera, so you'll just have to deal with what I have. :) I bought flexzilla 1/4" air hose to use with my blumats. It fits with the barbed fitting that comes with the blumat. I ran it across 3 levels, and snaked it down 2 of the racks so I can walk in... Excuse the mess on the floor, I hadn't got around to vacuuming before I took pics.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
This is the Sour Amnesia 800w grow... I think it's at 7 weeks now... I left one of the blumats too open, and I had a small flood. No problems with under-watering though. :)
picture.php

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
My veg is recovering... The side with the HPS is recovering more slowly, so I think that the HPS light is too intense. I dimmed it down to 400w and that put me at 5k foot candles at the canopy. A 600w MH lamp puts out the same amount of foot candles from the same distance... so I might just be switching out to 400w enhanced spectrum HPS lamps. My Chem D is the healthy looking plant right in front... :D
picture.php

This is 3 weeks after getting treated with Bayer... So I should be on my way out of the woods now.
picture.php

Clones... It's been 2 weeks, and some of them have root bumps... but I think it's going to take longer for them to root b/c I treated the plants with Bayer and the plants weren't healthy before that b/c of the aphids... Anyway, I haven't had any damping off so I'm just gonna leave them alone.
picture.php