What's new

bobblehead overtakes

D

DHF

Down here in Hell yas gotta go at LEAST 200' deep ta hit a certified aquifer that`ll supply water yr round , but my lakehouse water comes outta the lake through a well pump/filtration system that sits in a lil pumphouse 25' from the lake......

Sounds excessive on the price Bro , but what`re yas gonna do....Only mofo`s that make more money than plumbers and such are in the health care industry along with nuthin ass lawyers.....

Good luck Bro....Freds....:ying:....

Merry Ho Ho my buddy......time delayed "anything" that the timer`s plugged into to divert it`s original function is an accident waitin ta happen cuz of potential failure outta nowhere and floodin yer plants , floors , drainin yer rez etc......

Maybe it`s the shit but I wouldn`t bet my harvey on it....Can`t see the pic and you know why , but the least movin parts that can fuck up and need replacin the better....

Timed fed increments from equipment below 1 minute cost out the ass and they`re not bulletproof either....anyways....I`m sure you`ll figure it out.....

Wishin yas the best fer the comin yr my Brutha and anything yas need outta my old ass just say the word.....

Peace....Freds....:ying:......

Used this in my HP aero setups - goes down to .1 seconds on time and is industrial rated for like 50 million cycles (I'm making up that 50 million number, but it's rated for millions of cycles).

Let me know if you need some help wiring it up.

Now that I think about it, I'm assuming you already figured something out as I'm responding to a post from months ago...........but this is a better solution, trust me.

EDIT: the link would prolly help..........

http://instrumentation-central.com/ATC/422.pdf

BTW, great thread so far (only at December so far).

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Bobblhead adventures the newest reality based sitcom, staring your favorite grower and resident vert genius; Bobblehead! With a supporting cast of that king of hell, and wizened old grower DhF.....our trusted moderator HundredgramOz, and other appearing in this issue, the slightly confused and always on the brink of loosing it; Megayields .....in this episode will Bobblehead get his pump fixed, how will he deal with the unrelenting heat while living 2 lives 3 hours apart......and when o when will the Bobblepod be Full and overflowing with medical dankness again!

tune in tomorrow for; "Days of Bobbles Life"

Sponsored by Blumats....."when your tired of hand watering....try Blumats!"

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
"Bobblhead adventures the newest reality based sitcom, staring your favorite grower and resident vert genius; Bobblehead! With a supporting cast of that king of hell, and wizened old grower DhF.....our trusted moderator HundredgramOz, and other appearing in this issue, the slightly confused and always on the brink of loosing it; Megayields .....in this episode will Bobblehead get his pump fixed, how will he deal with the unrelenting heat while living 2 lives 3 hours apart......and when o when will the Bobblepod be Full and overflowing with medical dankness again!

Dude. I'll have what HE's smoking, please!

Mega, you crack me up.

D

DHF

Mega`s got the good shit Anti....bet on it....and I`m hopin Bobble`s fuckin drama gets over soon so he can get backta doin what`s he`s SO fuckin ready ta do........

Makin babies and pullin donkey dicks....Git `er done son....Hope all`s well at the show and shit`s gettin closer ta where yas want it realllll soon...

Peace...Freds...:ying:.....

bobblehead

Veteran
Used this in my HP aero setups - goes down to .1 seconds on time and is industrial rated for like 50 million cycles (I'm making up that 50 million number, but it's rated for millions of cycles).

Let me know if you need some help wiring it up.

Now that I think about it, I'm assuming you already figured something out as I'm responding to a post from months ago...........but this is a better solution, trust me.

EDIT: the link would prolly help..........

http://instrumentation-central.com/ATC/422.pdf

BTW, great thread so far (only at December so far).

Thanks for the tip bro... but yeah, I've moved away from that idea... Feeding the plants every 2-4hs during lights on with a well aerated coco mix is far superior to coco watered once a day... HGO, PoopyTeaBags, and several other growers agree with me on this... BUT, you have to do it DTW unless you're gonna be there to monitor the plants... I've stressed out so many plants trying to figure that out. I had good peeps telling me the whole time to just feed them DTW, and I was stubborn...

I finally went all out and spent the money on blumats so that I can keep my pots at the perfect moisture level 24/7. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread, and welcome aboard!

I like to think of it more like a Gilligan's Island episode... lol...

Dude. I'll have what HE's smoking, please!

Mega, you crack me up.

The funny thing is he's on a natural high... Dude's permanently twisted from all those acid trips back in high school...

Mega`s got the good shit Anti....bet on it....and I`m hopin Bobble`s fuckin drama gets over soon so he can get backta doin what`s he`s SO fuckin ready ta do........

Makin babies and pullin donkey dicks....Git `er done son....Hope all`s well at the show and shit`s gettin closer ta where yas want it realllll soon...

Peace...Freds...:ying:.....

I made the 6hr round trip drive to drop off equipment and turn the RO back on. :woohoo: The new pump was worth the $1200 it cost in the end. I couldn't have done what they did, the job was beyond my capacity. Definitely for the experienced plumber.

Temperatures have come back down... my big assed AC shows up Monday... That should be fun to haul around... I'm looking forward to going back next week. It's been a real headache lately.... Mostly "what's gonna go wrong next?" The shit storm has to be done now, right? As long as I put down some pesticide...

D

DaveTheNewbie

I`m hopin Bobble`s fuckin drama gets over soon so he can get backta doin what`s he`s SO fuckin ready ta do, Makin babies and pullin donkey dicks....Git `er done son

i laughed

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm around guys... I spent all of last week moving, filling the holes in the walls, painting... And then there's the personal drama... Anyway, I think I'll be back to regular updates now.

I took a bunch of pictures yesterday, and for some reason they aren't on my camera anymore... So as much as I would like to drop a few pics, I can't.

So I installed my 24k btu AC, and Greenmatter would cringe if he saw what I had to do to get it in the window... ha ha... I had to take off the bottom window completely, and then there still wasn't enough room... So I had to pull out a saw and cut off the bottom lip that overlaps with the window. I also cut myself quite a bit, so I suggest wearing gloves when handling the AC unit!

In addition to the heat wave I had a root aphid outbreak.. but I recognized the leaves yellowing from the bottom of the plant up, checked the roots... and I had 2 critters... A predatory soil mite, and the aphids... So I got some Bayer Tree & Shrub and as of this week the roots are back to exploding through the bags/pots.

1 330g reservoir is full, and now the second one is filling... :) It's nice to have my water back. The blumats are working great, but I will say it's good that I'm doing a small grow with them first, before I do a grow with 48 on multiple levels... The length of the tubing sticking out of the blumat as well as the knob on top both need to be adjusted until you achieve the desired saturation level... I wouldn't ever quit checking on them, but they do a nice job of keeping the plants watered without timers... and I have a long list of failed timers.

So, with as rough as a life as my plants have had lately... I still got a bunch of cuts. This time, I took a tall, clear rubbermaid, filled it with about 6" of perlite, and then added RO water until there was about 2-3" of water under the perlite. Then, I stuck my clones straight into the floating perlite bed. There's no way this method is going to fail, and it's as "set it and forget it" as it could get. I thought about adding a water heater to bring it up to 80F, but I think they'll be fine at room temp.

I have a USD crop coming down next week... It's only about 1lb but it pays the bills, ya know? Then that room is going to be filled right back up with most of the large plants I have in veg... I have so many different strains it's ridiculous. This one won't be monocropped. This next grow is to eliminate a lot of plants from my garden, as well as test out new ones.

That's all for now. :tiphat:

G

greenmatter

LMAO!

brother there ARE times when a sawsall is your best friend! and it is only because you never even considered bringing the chainsaw or you would heat that fucker up too.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
You should also take a white bucket and put about 5 inches of water in it. Place this below the light in your room. This will catch a large amount of fliers that are attracted to the light. It won't eliminate the bugs in the soil but it will get some of the fliers before they get back to your soil.

bobblehead

Veteran
I have a question for DHF... and bro, maybe you've told this to me before, I'm trying to cut down on my med intake, so bear with me... lol WHERE did you veg? It only makes sense that you vegged on site b/c you were using larger pots, which I'm beginning to appreciate in my absentee grow, and it wouldn't have been very safe to be transporting plants across Hell... or did you have a centralized clone factory?

Here's the deal... I can see popping into the spot to maintain flower rooms once a week for an hour... But I mean to take all the clones and do all the potting, and cleaning... I spent probably 2 hours and took 2-300 cuts. For me to do this right and not cut any corners, I need to spend at least 8-12hs a week at the spot, not including harvest. Coco needs to be treated with Bayer from now on, and then flushed before plants ever go into it so that I don't get these aphids anymore... When we had that heat wave I had all sorts of bugs pop up... They're all dead now of course.

So anyway... The veg room always has something new coming in... Whether it's coco or plants or pots... and so they all need to be treated before I can even take them into the veg room... Otherwise all of this environmental dialage I've been working for is pointless... So I guess my question is how much time did you spend in your veg room? and how did you feed your vegging plants? 64 plants take up space.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel bro... It's just not how I expected it. There's no easy money.

bobblehead

Veteran
You should also take a white bucket and put about 5 inches of water in it. Place this below the light in your room. This will catch a large amount of fliers that are attracted to the light. It won't eliminate the bugs in the soil but it will get some of the fliers before they get back to your soil.

I caught them before they matured... and they're now toast. My room is CLEAN. I don't know what could have survived SM-90, Forbid 4F, and Bayer... :biggrin: Now the plants just have to recover from it all...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I am dealing with fungus nats right now myself. I have been treating with the Bayer every 3-4 weeks and they just don't seem to go away. Fortunately they are not getting to my flower room in any numbers to have a affect on the plants. It is the veg room that is giving me the fits. Some plants show stress and some don't. I will be jumping up my treatments in the veg room for sure because I don't want them in the flower rooms.

Hope your problems get resolved soon.

bobblehead

Veteran
I am dealing with fungus nats right now myself. I have been treating with the Bayer every 3-4 weeks and they just don't seem to go away. Fortunately they are not getting to my flower room in any numbers to have a affect on the plants. It is the veg room that is giving me the fits. Some plants show stress and some don't. I will be jumping up my treatments in the veg room for sure because I don't want them in the flower rooms.

Hope your problems get resolved soon.

If you have fungus gnats, all you need to do is put a layer of perlite on top of your pot, and they'll get shredded to bits as they try and crawl to the surface... The bayer should do the job though... are you completely soaking the pot? I immersed each and every root ball in a 5 gal bucket, with 5mL of bayer per gallon. Now everything going into the veg room will have the coco treated and flushed first.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
No I was watering to run off with 15ml per gallon. I will try the immersion though. I was wondering if they were not surviving at the bottom of the pots. The immersion will get any other critters as well. I did notice a out break of dead crickets in my flower room so I assumed that the overflow was getting the bottoms. But hey I love killing those little beasts so I will immerse with 5 ml. Thanks.

D

DHF

Been more like 2 weeks but who`s countin.....:moon:....Was gettin concerned.....anyways....

Yeah...cut down on dem meds my buddy.....Everything is/was onsite but at all separate locations so I had 2 clone and preveg cabinets built at each where the pre-veggers on the bottom levels caught 50 watts per sq ft with 432 watt T-5`s , and the upper levels were for rootin cuts with 40 watt shoplights cuz they needta grow roots instead of foliage and the heat from the T-5`s below kept environment perfect for rooting directly above once air exchange was dialed .......

80% Humidity and 80 Degrees F has rocked my world many yrs for cuts and pre-veggers....but you know this....and...

For yrs and yrs I ran solo cups full of perlite and mild juice for each cut with my Krusty buckets with 100% success so I`m sure once yas dial your clone game things will fall into place...and once again....

No rest for the wicked runnin a 1 man show....I feel your pain and nuthin`s easy till the pattern of maintenance emerges after yas`ve done this shit .....IOW....

Only you know how long it`s takin yas ta maintain the setup hrs per day/wk , so start realizin how long it `s takin per task and streamline that shit.......

It`ll get better and you`ll get faster.....When my flip rooms were hoonin 4 -5 weeks apart in age , it was easy ta do mega cuts on the younger rooms couple weeks into the flip , as well as pluckin fans and shit that had stems in the older rooms all in a couple-3 hrs before goin to my next location.....

All rooms were at different ages and made it way easier ta pull off the 1 man show thingy cuz somefuckin body hadta kill them bitches and bag em up at some point in the game so I had couple weeks or so for all tasks to be performed to keep the ball rollin perpetually or I`d be fucked without that 2 week or so buffer....

The lil pre-veggers weren`t in #5 sp`s till I up-potted their ass and put em in the big rooms , but I had 2 levels of 4x16 pre-veggin under T-5`s ,and 3 levels of cuts rootin so I had plenty to pick from and cull once it was time ta go into the flip rooms with the HID`s......

Gotta getchas a sawzall and yeah....A/C`s/sheetmetal will slice that ass up so gloves required.....and Icky....

Getchas some "Skeeter Dunks" at Home Depot or Lowe`s and crumble em up on top of your containers and water em in.....

Fungas gnats will cease to exist from the BTI/Bacillus Thuringensis Israeliensis(sp) , but make sure yas look at the expiration date if there is 1 cuz the shit`s got a shelf life ...and...

Perlite layers on top AND bottom will help , but it`s "Diatomaceous Earth" on top that shreds their shells/exoskeletons and dehydrates/kills their lil asses.......

Gnatrol WDG/Water dispersement Granules is the newest best thing for fungas gnats with a way longer shelf life than the original liquid that only lasted a yr on the shelves of the Hydro whore stores.....anyways....

All in them runs under yer belt that makes/allows yas ta work smarter not harder...How`s that shoulder healin Brosini ?.....

Holler....Freds...:ying:....

bobblehead

Veteran
Been more like 2 weeks but who`s countin.....:moon:....Was gettin concerned.....anyways....

Yeah...cut down on dem meds my buddy.....Everything is/was onsite but at all separate locations so I had 2 clone and preveg cabinets built at each where the pre-veggers on the bottom levels caught 50 watts per sq ft with 432 watt T-5`s , and the upper levels were for rootin cuts with 40 watt shoplights cuz they needta grow roots instead of foliage and the heat from the T-5`s below kept environment perfect for rooting directly above once air exchange was dialed .......

80% Humidity and 80 Degrees F has rocked my world many yrs for cuts and pre-veggers....but you know this....and...

For yrs and yrs I ran solo cups full of perlite and mild juice for each cut with my Krusty buckets with 100% success so I`m sure once yas dial your clone game things will fall into place...and once again....

No rest for the wicked runnin a 1 man show....I feel your pain and nuthin`s easy till the pattern of maintenance emerges after yas`ve done this shit .....IOW....

Only you know how long it`s takin yas ta maintain the setup hrs per day/wk , so start realizin how long it `s takin per task and streamline that shit.......

It`ll get better and you`ll get faster.....When my flip rooms were hoonin 4 -5 weeks apart in age , it was easy ta do mega cuts on the younger rooms couple weeks into the flip , as well as pluckin fans and shit that had stems in the older rooms all in a couple-3 hrs before goin to my next location.....

All rooms were at different ages and made it way easier ta pull off the 1 man show thingy cuz somefuckin body hadta kill them bitches and bag em up at some point in the game so I had couple weeks or so for all tasks to be performed to keep the ball rollin perpetually or I`d be fucked without that 2 week or so buffer....

The lil pre-veggers weren`t in #5 sp`s till I up-potted their ass and put em in the big rooms , but I had 2 levels of 4x16 pre-veggin under T-5`s ,and 3 levels of cuts rootin so I had plenty to pick from and cull once it was time ta go into the flip rooms with the HID`s......

Gotta getchas a sawzall and yeah....A/C`s/sheetmetal will slice that ass up so gloves required.....and Icky....

Getchas some "Skeeter Dunks" at Home Depot or Lowe`s and crumble em up on top of your containers and water em in.....

Fungas gnats will cease to exist from the BTI/Bacillus Thuringensis Israeliensis(sp) , but make sure yas look at the expiration date if there is 1 cuz the shit`s got a shelf life ...and...

Perlite layers on top AND bottom will help , but it`s "Diatomaceous Earth" on top that shreds their shells/exoskeletons and dehydrates/kills their lil asses.......

Gnatrol WDG/Water dispersement Granules is the newest best thing for fungas gnats with a way longer shelf life than the original liquid that only lasted a yr on the shelves of the Hydro whore stores.....anyways....

All in them runs under yer belt that makes/allows yas ta work smarter not harder...How`s that shoulder healin Brosini ?.....

Holler....Freds...:ying:....

Chalk the extra week up to my personal issues... I swear lately I've been going through psychotic episodes every other month... I've had a lot of personal growth lately, priorities rearranged...

I really didn't hit rock bottom until after surgery, and I got to sit on my ass on my medical vacation and reflect on where my life is headed. I came into this thinking I was going to be making $200k a year once I got it all sorted... and granted that's still a possibility... but how bad do I want it? It's a lot of work, and with the price per lb dropping daily it seems, those wide eyed fantasies are fading fast.

All along I've said I'm not a career grower... but I will have my loans and my house paid for before I quit, that's for damn sure. That's a more realistic goal to have, the rest is gravy... So far nobody has been able to catch up with Heath, right? A lot of guys showing up, and then dropping off lately from what I've seen. I haven't lost sight of that goal, I can promise you that.

The shoulder still hurts a little... but I'm not in excruciating pain anymore, I'm just not nearly as strong as I used to be. I'm taking it one day at a time. I needed the change in pace. Like you had said, I was trying to force things... and if I just stay calm and do the right things, everything will fall into place... and I won't have to force anything. I just haven't been thinking clearly for a while now. I'm still a bit more psychotic than normal... but I'm getting back to basics. When I can do more than a few pushups and I can lift this 20lb dumbbell more easily, I'll get a new gym membership. I'm gonna spend some time to prep my coco and clean my bags so that my clean rooms will still that way... Cause I'm really screwing myself not taking the extra time in the beginning.

Anyway, I'm back. :huggg:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Good to hear bobble. While were on the critters subject, any of you guys ever have straight up spiders in your rooms? I gotta get a picture of one before I slam the shit out of it, but I have been seeing a few of them on the floor of my room. Little black things, may 3/8" wide.

My corrugated roofing that my plants are on has been leaking in certain spots, I think the plants have weight it down, and I need to make the angle a little biggger, so water has been leaking onto the pond liner every once in a while. I mop as much up as I can, but I miss some spots some times.Gonna get that fixed this weekend, got a whole bunch of tests I need to worry about first.

Anyways, I just sprinkled DE all around the perimeter of my room, and at the door jam, which should help.

Happy to see everything is alright for the most part, crazy shit in my life too. The mother just dropped a bomb on me and told me she hates my fiancé, and does not support the engagement, and basically told me she is disowning me. Crazy shit.

Keep it green homey.

aod