What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

bobblehead

Veteran
i like the photo of the 1200w headband room opening.

if low temps and RH are an issue, could moving more towards a sealed co2 environment help? probably not the best idea though considering you're only up there so much.

how many watts of lighting are currently in the house? i'm taking advantage of this cooler winter climate by having 2 extra lights and a lot more veg. too much veg, they're begging to get into flip rooms.

edit: just noticed the post on the previous page, i been struggling with flow recently too. too many expenses and not a dialed enough room is my issue. one of the biggest motivations behind my planned SOG. cant wait for anything to veg and need a decent harvest.

so 4 space heaters? are they 1500watt each?

I've thought about going sealed CO2... cause the only thing I'm missing is the proper A/C and the CO2 equiprment... lol I have these 2 huge dehumidifiers... I would also have to set up a computer to run everything... I mean if you're gonna do it do it right. but first things first, I need to make some money. Maybe I'll make my small room at home a super dialed environment just to see what happens... But with the lake house, I'd be better off hanging more lights. There's lots of space available if I try.

Right now I have 5.18k for flower, gonna add another 800w, so 6k in flower... and only 1200w veg. I can get that up to 1800w if I wire 220 line for my 220 only 600w ballast. I just don't have enough space... to keep big plants and veg a bunch of clones... and if I can send my plants into each room bigger, obviously my flowers are going to be bigger and hopefully higher in numbers...

2 of my space heaters are definitely 1500w... The other two are rated 1500w, but they don't put out nearly as much heat so I have a hard time believing they draw as much power. Anyway, that's at least 4k in lights I could be running. Anybody have $1k I can borrow? lol... j/k, I don't have enough plants to fill the space.

So glad to see your cloning game back in action! :good:

Thanks dude. I swear I was ready to give up and just grow big plants from now on... and then I got the rooting powder from Home Depot, and my survival rate increased to 98%. And I mean that, 2 in 100 died on average. lol... It feels good to kill a clone for being weak and still have extras.

looking good!

:thank you:

5th

Veteran
and then I got the rooting powder from Home Depot, and my survival rate increased to 98%.

...and thats not the half of it. Having a method for consistantly having a high strike rate for clones opens up alot of possibilities, could be a total game changer.

What are the red/pink things hanging above your clones? :tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
...and thats not the half of it. Having a method for consistantly having a high strike rate for clones opens up alot of possibilities, could be a total game changer.

What are the red/pink things hanging above your clones? :tiphat:

Indeed... The combination of knowing how to clone and setup a remote grow operation that only needs tending once a week not including trimming is some powerful knowledge.

Those are sticky traps from Home Depot. So far I've caught a house fly, and a few leaves. No aphids or gnats. CLEAN! :woohoo::peacock::whee:

D

DHF

Indeed... The combination of knowing how to clone and setup a remote grow operation that only needs tending once a week not including trimming is some powerful knowledge.

Those are sticky traps from Home Depot. So far I've caught a house fly, and a few leaves. No aphids or gnats. CLEAN! :woohoo::peacock::whee:
Rootin cuts is an attention ta detail kinda thingy for fuckin sure since most folks suck at it for consistent results.......and I`ll tell yas why.......

No 2 cuts root , develop , and blast off in the same timeframe , and to get the picks of the litter to actually pull consistent rotations run after run with plants that grow similarly once trimmed , pruned out , shaped , and produce the needed sideways canopy to yield bottomline results ......and....

Elevated temps and RH are a prerequisite for optimum conditions , and I think it`s workin .....so.....IMHO......

Bobbles has gone "old school" with passive wicking as the clone process.......and.....

Looks like rootin cuts ain`t a problem no more........Regardless.....I`ve witnessed firsthand your natural progression till all ducks are fallin in a row for where your goals are set for , but ........

As bad as I hate ta say it.........I see yas runnin outta time bout the same timeframe that yas shut down and move on to the next level with all that knowledge and experience gained from doin this shit right , but hey.........

You da man in my book fer the duration.......Proud ta have had yas fer a minute........

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry Bobble just got out of the hospital (again another internal bleeding event) all OK....everything looks just amazing (as always).

Great job bro! Your the mark a lot of us shoot for.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Rootin cuts is an attention ta detail kinda thingy for fuckin sure since most folks suck at it for consistent results.......and I`ll tell yas why.......

No 2 cuts root , develop , and blast off in the same timeframe , and to get the picks of the litter to actually pull consistent rotations run after run with plants that grow similarly once trimmed , pruned out , shaped , and produce the needed sideways canopy to yield bottomline results ......and....

Elevated temps and RH are a prerequisite for optimum conditions , and I think it`s workin .....so.....IMHO......

Bobbles has gone "old school" with passive wicking as the clone process.......and.....

Looks like rootin cuts ain`t a problem no more........Regardless.....I`ve witnessed firsthand your natural progression till all ducks are fallin in a row for where your goals are set for , but ........

As bad as I hate ta say it.........I see yas runnin outta time bout the same timeframe that yas shut down and move on to the next level with all that knowledge and experience gained from doin this shit right , but hey.........

You da man in my book fer the duration.......Proud ta have had yas fer a minute........

Elevated temps and RH are huge. I have all my mothers and needed cuttings on hold until I can bring the temps up, I know I will just be wasting my time otherwise. Even though I have more demand than supply for my cuts, I just won't do it until the environment is right. Should have the clone factory up in the next couple of days though. Almost done framing, fuck me if I plan on building more rooms from scratch for a couple of years...

Arminius

Veteran
Hey Bobble,
Did you end up with any bud rot on those SDD buds? Looks like a couple of rotting leaves in those pics, which is exactly where I ended up with rot on my last run with that cut. Lost about 6/11 of the best tops /cry... My environment was to blame, just wondering if you encounter it more on that cut due to the massive buds it stacks...

bobblehead

Veteran

When it comes to the original picture of multiple rack rooms flipping one behind the other.... You're probably right. That's a lot of plants to work up to. If there's a next spot and I stick to this style of growing.. and hell once you figure it out it's damn near impossible to go back... Anyway, if there's a next spot I'll hit the ground running after having bought 2 houses and knowing exactly what I do and don't want... This is good but that's better... Oh there's a well, let's check the pump and pressure....

Idk man... I could keep this house going for a while still.... I just have to fix up the exterior... Tear down the rooms and build them proper... Insulate everything... It just seems like a better option to make a cash grab and move on to a better location. Use the proceeds from the new location to pay for the remodel on the old location.

Sorry Bobble just got out of the hospital (again another internal bleeding event) all OK....everything looks just amazing (as always).

Great job bro! Your the mark a lot of us shoot for.

Damn man sorry to hear... Heal up. Talk to you soon.

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey Bobble,
Did you end up with any bud rot on those SDD buds? Looks like a couple of rotting leaves in those pics, which is exactly where I ended up with rot on my last run with that cut. Lost about 6/11 of the best tops /cry... My environment was to blame, just wondering if you encounter it more on that cut due to the massive buds it stacks...

Yeah I'm always losing a few grams here and there to rot... Not this time cause I stayed on top of the leaves... That dead leaf in the picture hadn't been there more than a few days, and it didn't dry up and receed into the bud. That's when I really have a problem.

Anyway, just keep your humidity in check and lots of air circulating around the buds and it should minimize any rot..... I don't run her past 10 weeks ever for fear of the whole thing rotting.

Arminius

Veteran
Yeah, I took them 10 weeks to the day, and sure as shit, that is when the rot appeared almost overnight...

D

DHF

Bro.....You`re remote with a yr round neighbor that has no clue , or so it would seem , so that in and of itself tells me yas got people skills in explaining your presence as the situation presents itself if needed so...........

My input is minimal in that every move yas make is based on pure perception of what`ll keep yer ass safe beyond yer scrip , and believe me.....

I`ve schooled yas...... Along with many others yas`ve gleaned knowledge from , and..........

I expect nothing less than intelligent moves for the grow setups and rotation thingy.....

Never put it out there for anyone that caught it faster than you , and it let me have faith in the younger generation and the future of growin dope even if it was under the guise of "Meds" and growin shit legally ........but..

I live in Hell....

Peace.....Freds....:ying:......

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hey Bobble,

I just lost a sdd top cola to mold. It was cause by trimming the fans and leaving a small piece of stem from the fan that was encased by the buds and grew mold. Really sucks to loose a bud that was about 2/3 the size of pop can.

G

GMax

yeah those space heaters will get you come electric bill time.. I used to have bills in the $-350-400s during winter when I was only using a 400w light to grow!!!

those space heaters use 1000w on low and 1500w on high... that's the equivalent to a decent amount of lighting... you know what time it is :)

hope you have a great harvest keep up the excellent work !!!

bobblehead

Veteran
Bro.....You`re remote with a yr round neighbor that has no clue , or so it would seem , so that in and of itself tells me yas got people skills in explaining your presence as the situation presents itself if needed so...........

My input is minimal in that every move yas make is based on pure perception of what`ll keep yer ass safe beyond yer scrip , and believe me.....

I`ve schooled yas...... Along with many others yas`ve gleaned knowledge from , and..........

I expect nothing less than intelligent moves for the grow setups and rotation thingy.....

Never put it out there for anyone that caught it faster than you , and it let me have faith in the younger generation and the future of growin dope even if it was under the guise of "Meds" and growin shit legally ........but..

I live in Hell....

Peace.....Freds....:ying:......

I haven't spoke with the neighbor since the first time. We've got enough space between us that I never see the guy. As long as I fix the exterior from incidents we've spoke of in PM, nobody will be any wiser as to what I'm doing...

The only person I speak to anywhere near often is the lawn guy... But he's a fuckin ruhtard... He saw me in the yard cleaning up, stopped by... He wants to go ice fishing... Says it's a lot of fun. Lol... I'm not about to become best friends with the guy who cuts my grass. He gets his money, and calls me when he needs more. That's our relationship.

Now the guys at home depot are starting to recognize me.... I was shopping for some pesticide for fungus gnats... And this guy comes over and starts giving me all sorts of advise talking about pH and nutrients concentrations and O2 levels and I just let him take me to school... Lmao... That's 20 mins from the house, I'll know if they're following me... :bashhead:

Idk... I'm sure I'll get it figured out sooner than later. I just think a basement would be a better bet. Much more stable environment, less expense in environmental controls, more sound insulation...

I just lost a sdd top cola to mold. It was cause by trimming the fans and leaving a small piece of stem from the fan that was encased by the buds and grew mold. Really sucks to loose a bud that was about 2/3 the size of pop can.

Normmally I'll just cut the moldy part out... I've never lost more than 14g to rot. Of course I've never grown more than 28g at a time.

Thank you Bobble, yeah let's try to touch base soon.

Get at me dogg... Aftter 8pm my time! Lol. It's the weekend.

yeah those space heaters will get you come electric bill time.. I used to have bills in the $-350-400s during winter when I was only using a 400w light to grow!!!

those space heaters use 1000w on low and 1500w on high... that's the equivalent to a decent amount of lighting... you know what time it is :)

hope you have a great harvest keep up the excellent work !!!

Yeah, time to buy a box of magnetic ballasts and up the lights! Fml space heaters suck.

D

DaveTheNewbie

Now the guys at home depot are starting to recognize me.... I was shopping for some pesticide for fungus gnats... And this guy comes over and starts giving me all sorts of advise talking about pH and nutrients concentrations and O2 levels and I just let him take me to school... Lmao... That's 20 mins from the house, I'll know if they're following me...

my opinion aint worth shit but keep in mind moving shops. There are shops suppedly owned by cops doing setups over here, but either way, do you wanna be famous? I dont

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Normmally I'll just cut the moldy part out... I've never lost more than 14g to rot. Of course I've never grown more than 28g at a time.

It's that big ass budded Strawdd you gave me. I only through out three buds because it was the center bud that molded. What are you going to do if the buds are the size of racket balls. Can't help it it's your fault for giving me a plant that makes such big nugs. Jerk.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Rot makes me wanna cry at harvest time. Nothing worse then pulling down a less then stellar crop and then finding botrytis to top er' off.

This why money is very well spent on Max fans and commercial dehumidifiers. Can't go wrong throwing cash there.... and even still.. might try to put this atomizer to use, maybe spraying green-cure or something until the flowers close up. That is what I was wondering about you heavy defoilers.. you're making the canopy breath better, but does the wet/ooze from a recent leaf removal spell disaster. Do you guys try to take fresh at the branch as to not have any stem stubs that'll surely rot hanging about?

Those genetics yall always taking about. Are these elite clones kept in your circles or can any ol' one visit the fine state of MI and purchase if you've got a friend there with a med card? or wait.. didn't the dispensaries all get forced back into hiding 'round there?

I've been having to bounce around to different home depot/lowes (out of the way) depending on the nature of the purchase. A lot of the same faces.. I'm definitely paranoid, but I don't like being that recognized young kid that is always buying lots of yellow top totes and things like fat gauge service wire, flex tape, chicken wire, multiple brutes, etc, etc, etc. People start to take notice. Had to bail on a quick flip after 1 run because of a very observant neighbor. A good kind to have about to keep the riff raff out, but once she officially called herself neighborhood watch and was taking notice of very small improvements (like changing the porch light fixture) to the property I had to exit. Only a matter of times before she'd notice some small detail which could potentially 'light bulb moment' her nosy ass. Distance between neighbors in a more rural setting is a nice breath of fresh air for sure.

Keep it up Bobble

bobblehead

Veteran
my opinion aint worth shit but keep in mind moving shops. There are shops suppedly owned by cops doing setups over here, but either way, do you wanna be famous? I dont

I haven't hear of any police running the local home depot.... Now the local grow shop I'll never set foot in... They probably wouldn't have what I'm looking for anyway.

I grow in farmville... Lots of people have indoor and outdoor gardens, cause there isn't shit else to do other than fishing and hunting. I don't look THAT suspicious... But no need to establish a pattern either.

It's that big ass budded Strawdd you gave me. I only through out three buds because it was the center bud that molded. What are you going to do if the buds are the size of racket balls. Can't help it it's your fault for giving me a plant that makes such big nugs. Jerk.

I'm sorry, I'll try and stick you with the shitty genetics from now on.

Rot makes me wanna cry at harvest time. Nothing worse then pulling down a less then stellar crop and then finding botrytis to top er' off.

This why money is very well spent on Max fans and commercial dehumidifiers. Can't go wrong throwing cash there.... and even still.. might try to put this atomizer to use, maybe spraying green-cure or something until the flowers close up. That is what I was wondering about you heavy defoilers.. you're making the canopy breath better, but does the wet/ooze from a recent leaf removal spell disaster. Do you guys try to take fresh at the branch as to not have any stem stubs that'll surely rot hanging about?

Those genetics yall always taking about. Are these elite clones kept in your circles or can any ol' one visit the fine state of MI and purchase if you've got a friend there with a med card? or wait.. didn't the dispensaries all get forced back into hiding 'round there?

I've been having to bounce around to different home depot/lowes (out of the way) depending on the nature of the purchase. A lot of the same faces.. I'm definitely paranoid, but I don't like being that recognized young kid that is always buying lots of yellow top totes and things like fat gauge service wire, flex tape, chicken wire, multiple brutes, etc, etc, etc. People start to take notice. Had to bail on a quick flip after 1 run because of a very observant neighbor. A good kind to have about to keep the riff raff out, but once she officially called herself neighborhood watch and was taking notice of very small improvements (like changing the porch light fixture) to the property I had to exit. Only a matter of times before she'd notice some small detail which could potentially 'light bulb moment' her nosy ass. Distance between neighbors in a more rural setting is a nice breath of fresh air for sure.

Keep it up Bobble

I cut my fans mid-petiole. I don't have troubles with rot from dried petioles. It almost always comes from deep inside the bud, normally from a dried up leaf that receeded into the bud. If I leave the dehuey unplugged for even a week in late flower, guanteed I'll have rot. The plants I grow put out big buds.

Check your PMs.