What's new

bobblehead overtakes

farmari

Those genetics yall always taking about. Are these elite clones kept in your circles or can any ol' one visit the fine state of MI and purchase if you've got a friend there with a med card? or wait.. didn't the dispensaries all get forced back into hiding 'round there?

Sorry if I'm butting in to the conversation, but AFAIK many have closed up, but they're around. They have clones. I've seen craigslist ads for clones too, hah. I don't know about where Bobble is but in my part of the state I wouldn't be surprised if the clones are at *best* the most preferred pheno of one seed pack. Or if it's really that good, I'd think that that grower or others buying that strain already are 'donating' to the local dispensaries. Too rural.

FlowerFarmer I feel you on the hardware store paranoia, it's the same for me. In some cases I ask my better half to make the purchases.
Bobblehead I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one avoiding the local hydro store, despite the 'medical' climate of this state.

Distance between neighbors in a more rural setting is a nice breath of fresh air for sure.

For a vacation home so far I'm only finding old mobile homes, usually used for hunting camps. Maybe I should wait, save pennies, and find something with a basement?

D

DHF

Colorado`s the new "wild wild west" scene with all manners of cuts available through the dispensaries.....but.....

Lotta good growers in MI with vast resources as well....Just not sure where the med scene`s headed , cuz without the retail outlets it`s gone back to personalized caregiver/patient type thingy , or the way it`s always been...behind the scenes ......or so I`ve been told......anyways.....

Cuts are available with the patience of Job and a few good friends in low places.......

Peace....Freds.......:ying:......

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use one of these lasko ceramic heaters, i found this comment on amazon. Kinda explains why my breaker hasnt tripped.

"After reading the positive reviews of this heater, I purchased one from Amazon. While initially happy, I noticed that it was not tripping my circuit breaker when used with other high wattage appliances. The sum of the rated wattages on all the devices connected to this residential circuit totaled 3000 watts. This implied a 25 amp current draw that should have easily tripped the 15 amp circuit. The reality was that the Lasko heater consumed far less electricity than the stated 1500 watts.

Given this realization, I tested the Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater under various conditions over multiple periods of time with two different Kill-a-watt power meters. The results were somewhat surprising, indicating half the stated wattage was actually being consumed.

Like any electrical heating element, the initial current and wattage will vary during the startup phase. Hence, measurements over a period of time must be made. The test results show the average wattage consumed by the Lasko heater was 720 to 725 watts over a two hour period.

Lasko Cermaic Heater
Date of test: 10/18/2011
Ambient Temperature 68 degrees F
High Setting and thermostat set to max
Elap Time (h:m) ... Watts .... Amps ... KWH
0:00 ................... varied .... varied .. 0
1:01 ................... 725 ....... 6.06 .... 0.74
1:43 ................... 723 ....... 6.06 .... 1.25
2:00 ................... 726 ....... 6.06 .... 1.44
average wattage = 720

10/19/2011
Low Setting
Elapsed Time .... Watts .... Amps .... KWH
0:00 .... varied .... varied .... 0
0:30 .... 492 .... 4.07 .... 0.25
1:00 .... 492 .... 4.09 .... 0.49
1:17 .... 502 .... 4.15 .... 0.63
1:46 .... 493 .... 4.09 .... 0.87
2:00 .... 492 .... 4.09 .... 0.99
Average wattage = 495
(increase at t=1:17 due to cold air from open window)

In another test, I forced the exhaust of another heater into the Lasko when it was on the high setting. This caused the power consumption of the Lasko to drop into the 500s. This suggests there is probably a thermistor circuit being crudely used to manage the heat and power consumption. Unfortunately, whatever Lasko employed isn't working that well.

Lest there be any confusion, a lower wattage heater is NOT more energy efficient or greener. Electric heat, unlike gas forced air, is effectively 100% efficient inside the residence. Losses occur during power transmission and production, but heat is not vented outside the structure as would occur during a combustion process. Hence, greater wattage is better if the circuit breaker can handle it."

D

DHF

I use one of these lasko ceramic heaters, i found this comment on amazon. Kinda explains why my breaker hasnt tripped.

"After reading the positive reviews of this heater, I purchased one from Amazon. While initially happy, I noticed that it was not tripping my circuit breaker when used with other high wattage appliances. The sum of the rated wattages on all the devices connected to this residential circuit totaled 3000 watts. This implied a 25 amp current draw that should have easily tripped the 15 amp circuit. The reality was that the Lasko heater consumed far less electricity than the stated 1500 watts.

Given this realization, I tested the Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater under various conditions over multiple periods of time with two different Kill-a-watt power meters. The results were somewhat surprising, indicating half the stated wattage was actually being consumed.

Like any electrical heating element, the initial current and wattage will vary during the startup phase. Hence, measurements over a period of time must be made. The test results show the average wattage consumed by the Lasko heater was 720 to 725 watts over a two hour period.

Lasko Cermaic Heater
Date of test: 10/18/2011
High Setting and thermostat set to max
Elap Time (h:m) ... Watts .... Amps ... KWH
0:00 ................... varied .... varied .. 0
1:01 ................... 725 ....... 6.06 .... 0.74
1:43 ................... 723 ....... 6.06 .... 1.25
2:00 ................... 726 ....... 6.06 .... 1.44
average wattage = 720

10/19/2011
Low Setting
Elapsed Time .... Watts .... Amps .... KWH
0:00 .... varied .... varied .... 0
0:30 .... 492 .... 4.07 .... 0.25
1:00 .... 492 .... 4.09 .... 0.49
1:17 .... 502 .... 4.15 .... 0.63
1:46 .... 493 .... 4.09 .... 0.87
2:00 .... 492 .... 4.09 .... 0.99
Average wattage = 495
(increase at t=1:17 due to cold air from open window)

In another test, I forced the exhaust of another heater into the Lasko when it was on the high setting. This caused the power consumption of the Lasko to drop into the 500s. This suggests there is probably a thermistor circuit being crudely used to manage the heat and power consumption. Unfortunately, whatever Lasko employed isn't working that well.

Lest there be any confusion, a lower wattage heater is NOT more energy efficient or greener. Electric heat, unlike gas forced air, is effectively 100% efficient inside the residence. Losses occur during power transmission and production, but heat is not vented outside the structure as would occur during a combustion process. Hence, greater wattage is better if the circuit breaker can handle it."
Respect my buddy........

I always used Oil -filled radiators for safety and fire prevention purposes during deep winter in Hell , but they eat amperage like a mofo as duly noted , so the Lasko ceramic`s sound like a better deal at half the wattage/amperage draw if they maintain lights off temps as well as lights on assist......

Been missin yas Critter.....Gladta see your knowledgeable self back around and helpin folks.....Hope yas`re doin better these days Bro.........

Peace.....DHF......:ying:......

bobblehead

Veteran
Sorry if I'm butting in to the conversation, but AFAIK many have closed up, but they're around. They have clones. I've seen craigslist ads for clones too, hah. I don't know about where Bobble is but in my part of the state I wouldn't be surprised if the clones are at *best* the most preferred pheno of one seed pack. Or if it's really that good, I'd think that that grower or others buying that strain already are 'donating' to the local dispensaries. Too rural.

FlowerFarmer I feel you on the hardware store paranoia, it's the same for me. In some cases I ask my better half to make the purchases.
Bobblehead I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one avoiding the local hydro store, despite the 'medical' climate of this state.

For a vacation home so far I'm only finding old mobile homes, usually used for hunting camps. Maybe I should wait, save pennies, and find something with a basement?

ok so I skipped over the whole dispensary scene question as I didn't think it was relevant to answering FF's question... but it sounds like people want to know.

There are dispensaries in Michigan. Most of them closed a year or 2 ago when the DEA was raiding the unlicensed dispensaries. Not cool, let me tell ya... The dispensaries I know of personally that survived are licensed through their local municipalities... They pay a licensing fee, pay taxes, are open to inspection, and as a result receive protection and acceptance. If the city doesn't offer any licenses, then you're fair game to be raided. I wouldn't expect to move to Michigan now and expect that you're going to be selling to dispensaries. They all have a list of caregivers supplying them already... and to even be considered your meds have to score 18%+ on a lab test and be free of pests and mold. It used to be you could walk into the dispensaries with some cali outdoor schwagg and get $250 a z all day. Those days are over, and the dispensaries only want the best, and they want it for less money. That's why I keep an outlet on the streets. If they low-ball me too much, I'm not afraid to walk out... and then they call me back willing to pay whatever I want... which in turn keeps my prices higher on the street. I'm a businessman.

but that's not the whole story! See, while we had dispensaries popping up left and right and meds were basically being traded in an open-air market as long as you had a card to play... Caregivers operating dispensaries were compiling databases with patient information. We're talking about thousands of patients... So take your small time grower or low level street dealer that decided to go legal and open up their own dispensary... They went from having a few contacts and outlets for their product... to THOUSANDS. At least regular customers in the hundreds. That information didn't disappear just because the dispensaries shut their doors. Now there's several delivery services... You can't chase them all down, it's impossible. There's probably still some compassion clubs that are well hid... I went to a building once that had some real estate sign on it, it had a bunch of offices... and I ended up walking up to a plain locked door, that someone had to open and let me in. Next thing I know I'm in this beautiful facility, with a small lobby and desk to check in, I go back to the med room, everything is in glass display cases, glass jars with names and thc %...

I'm happy to have jumped on this train while there was still room. I would hate to be getting started now, it would just be so much harder. The future is uncertain for us... So we just make hay while the sun shines.

People want federal recognition of the medical benefits of cannabis... but look at what's happening in Canada. Patients are going to have to go to the pharmacy to get their meds in a couple years. If you want more than the prescribed amount of cannabis, you're going to have to go back to the black market. Luckily in the US our health care system is still completely fragmented... So we're a bit further out from a federal medical program... and I can still "donate" to a dispensary that can unload my meds in any quantity to any patient that comes through the door with a legit card and money. It guarantees me a steady check. Otherwise I'm just waiting on some guy I never see to make a drop.

farmari- Skip the mobile homes... I know there's a lot of them. Just keep looking, and you'll find the right place. mine doesn't have a basement, but it does have a 2 car attached garage, and it's super remote. Pretty much makes up for not having a basement, except my building skills weren't really up to par when I put everything together. Now looking back I would have insulated everything in that drafty house after I gutted the interior. Live and learn. Now I'm super busy with school and I can't just drop everything and go up there for a week. Anyway, just keep looking. It's gonna be hard to find a dilapidated house on a lake at a bargain price on land contract like I did... but just be patient. Save your money, so when you're ready to pull the trigger, there's no hesitation. You're gonna need a backup fund too for when shit goes wrong... and it will. Trust me.

G

greenmatter

Colorado`s the new "wild wild west" scene with all manners of cuts available through the dispensaries.....but.....

Lotta good growers in MI with vast resources as well....Just not sure where the med scene`s headed , cuz without the retail outlets it`s gone back to personalized caregiver/patient type thingy , or the way it`s always been...behind the scenes ......or so I`ve been told......anyways.....

Cuts are available with the patience of Job and a few good friends in low places.......

Peace....Freds.......:ying:......

the wild west's dispensaries are a great place to get clones! after that you do need the patience of Job while you read through a ton of shit trying to get rid of PM and all kinds of other nasty shit. IME anyway.

i'll stick with seeds

for all the changes that have taken place in the scene in the last few years one thing has stayed constant for me....... all the people who have asked me to be a caregiver are still with me and 75% of the folks who are not "really" sick keep coming back.

i have no clue where this whole game is headed these days but i think that people will always stay with the people that they trust. i know that there are enough people out there who will try to be the McDonalds of any industry ........ but i trust the stoners enough to be willing to bet that there will always be family eateries out there, and they will always make a burger that smokes the big guys (pun intended)

i do really wonder WTF is going to happen if weed is legal and free everywhere ............ but at the rate this battle has been going i know i would not live to see it unless i make it to 150

:)having high friends in low places will always be a good policy

bobblehead

Veteran
I was long overdue for a rough trip... plants still look good though! :)

I got out of class at night, drove up to the lake house, shortly after getting off the highway, my truck died. I've been having trouble with the battery with the severely cold weather, so I knew what was wrong. My battery was dead, and probably my alternator too. Someone stopped and gave me a jump, which got me going, for my truck to just die again. Called AAA to get a tow to Wal Mart, but in small town america they're closed at 11pm, and everything else closed at 5pm. lol By the time I got there it was 1am, and I figured I'd just have to wait for the store to open. Luckily the 3rd shift manager hooked me up and sold me a battery! I had a spare alternator at the house, so I slapped that on in the morning and I was gtg.

But there's more! Ya know how a couple weeks ago my bathroom froze and I was going to wait for the pipes to thaw before I fixed them? Well they thawed.. definitely busted... So I just cut the cancer way before the source, and moved the plumbing indoors. That was fun.

Then I was finally able to get to the growing... I had a lot of potting to do... 96 plants to put in 48 bags... and I had pre-soaked my coco when I bleached the bags... and they were all still frozen. Rock solid cubes of ice. I had to thaw my bags and coco before I could use them!

I got the keys back to the ferrari! Just got her out of the shop, she's all tuned up and ready to go. Most open shot of the octagon... which is now loaded up with 96 equal sized chem d clones...
picture.php

Because I built the 8th shelf...
picture.php

This is how much space I have to drag myself in...
picture.php

Straw DD and Goat, looking nice... @4 weeks.
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
Not gonna skip a beat... Even if it means working a 20hr day and noot sleeping.... clones coming out my ears...
picture.php

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice clones bro, we are just getting ready to start firing 400-500 per run.......more later

hempyftw

Just wow.....

Just wow.....

Read through all your threads bobble.

Really appreciate you documenting so much of your experience.

Can't wait to see how that double filled room turns out for ya!

You got me jealous with those genetics!

Did you originally score those from someone locally?

I scored a zip of golden goat a few months back, probably some of if not the best smoke I've ever had!

How's the sdd smoke compare?

Looks like you got the clone game on lock down!

Keep up the good work man. You inspire me.

D

DaveTheNewbie

I got out of class at night, drove up to the lake house, shortly after getting off the highway, my truck died. I've been having trouble with the battery with the severely cold weather, so I knew what was wrong. My battery was dead, and probably my alternator too. Someone stopped and gave me a jump, which got me going, for my truck to just die again. Called AAA to get a tow to Wal Mart, but in small town america they're closed at 11pm, and everything else closed at 5pm. lol By the time I got there it was 1am, and I figured I'd just have to wait for the store to open. Luckily the 3rd shift manager hooked me up and sold me a battery! I had a spare alternator at the house, so I slapped that on in the morning and I was gtg.

But there's more! Ya know how a couple weeks ago my bathroom froze and I was going to wait for the pipes to thaw before I fixed them? Well they thawed.. definitely busted... So I just cut the cancer way before the source, and moved the plumbing indoors. That was fun.

wow you got a whole world of different problems to my incredible heat.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
wow you got a whole world of different problems to my incredible heat.

We just had a huge car accident/pileup due to the snow/visibility yesterday.

The accident was over a mile long, involved about 50 cars, 20 ambulances were dispatched to the scene, and 3 folks died.

And another 20-car pileup on another highway yesterday around here.

:yoinks: