What's new

Blunt's Grow n Chat

Geeeeez guys, you always bringing different stuff into the equation!!!

Call me a simple person but what is eisenia fetida? Got to do with the techie term for worms??

Now what benefits does worm casting have when growing. I heard a lot about this over on OG....

I've updated my Satori/BM/C99 grow, head on over and check it out. I've got a query there on why my C99 is looking so crap after it went into the DWC on 24/0.

Have a gander and give me your input.

L8rz

BA

G

hey bro u seem to have a bad ph
lokk if ur ph are right aroud 6.5 and ec not more than 0.70 for the moment

hmmmm....lemme check tonight when I get home.

I ph'd it at 6.5 when making the nute mix. have not checked it since though....

also I do not have any idea about the EC as I do not have an EC meter. I generally use just 50% recommended strength. So far this has worked just fine with my hydro attempts, so this may be the first EC f@%k Up!!

I'll let you know later once I tested the PH

Yup, Bhangman is correct. PH was up at about 8!! So I fixed that straight away.

My bad, I never really check PH between water changes. Now I'll check maybe twice a week. I'm using a fairly large res so I don't think I'll need to check everyday.

I also checked the PH of the 2 DWC's in the flowering cab and they were high also, so they too have been reduced.

I must say that the 2 Satori that I've got in the one big DWC are going great guns at the moment. Still stretching a bit though, especially the side branches, they are going for the heavens!!

Once again I'm still debating whether I got the Blue Mystic and Satori mixed up. I'll take some update pics later and post them so you can check them out and give me your opinions.

G

oki nice iam happy u found the problem .. for the *ph check i recomend at leats one time each two day ....
because the air make ph higher .. and plant drink water and ec go down too .... so check evry day or every 2 day for be sur ur ph stay in a good range ;)
so i paid u a big bowl of dank smoke right for ya :)

Last edited:
G

hey Blunt why do you think the pH went up? glad to hear you've got it sorted.
eisenia fetida is the species of earthworm used.

MZ, if you want to go large quick, the key is to use a fine material like sawdust for the 'bedding' instead of paper etc.

G

i have the same problem, i have to supplement heavily with chopped lucerne (alfalfa), sugarcane, comfrey, borage and nasturtiums. the reason for my large current batch is because i want the bulk of the castings to stand and age for a bit, so when my 80 liter bin is full of castings i'll scale down again to the 10 liter bin.

edit: i should mention that i only use ewc for aerated teas.

Last edited:
Hey all

Sat, I'm not too sure why the PH went up. An educated guess would be that as the nutes are drawn out of the mixture the PH changes, also I notived a little slime on the roots and the heater and maybe this too could have an effect.

What makes the worm casting such a great medium? Would you use just worm castings on their own or would you use it as an additive to soil?

Also want to know if anyone out there has been diddled when it comes to swapping seeds? :mad:

The reason I ask is back in January I was approached by an ICmag member (a local chappy nogal) asking if I'd be willing to swap seeds. And since we're all pals here I happily obliged and sent him a selection. In return I was supposed to get some nice strains to try out.

It is now almost 10 months later and I'm still waiting for this chap to get his house in order, don't get me wrong, he's not ingnoring my PM's but all I seem to get are apologies for not sending them and promises that he will get them on their way. From what I can tell he is nervious to go to the post office and send them. :badday:

Call me dof but I've already agreed with him that if he keeps his original promise I'd send him some more, but not before. I'm doing this cause he tells me that something happened to the last ones he got from me.

I read on these forums that we are all here to help each other out, but it is little incidents like these that just seem out of place and selfish. Ever heard the phrase, "The road to hell is paved with good intention?"

When you read this you will know who you are. Don't take it too personally, 10 months is long time considering you originally contacted me though. There is always hope though, I'm a very chilled forgiving type of guy so if you fulfil your promise then everything will be groovy man. You are lucky Im not SARS dude otherwise you'd be gettign a 200% fine each month!! and that woul dbe about a 1000 beans by now.

We are all mates here who try to help each other out, let's try not to fuck it up for each other...:dueling:

Peace

Oh yah, here are the latest shots of the Satori

I'm gonna do a res change this weekend and put the BM and Satori

into a bigger DWC...

Also I'll be starting my next grow shortly and seeing as I've still not got my promised beans I'll be using mine, probably Skunk x DP along with some NL and Cinnamon... this time round I'll be doing a soil and a hydro grow...

L8rz

BA

Oh yah, in the last PM I've been promised that I'll get the beans by the end of this month, so here's my fingers and toes crossed. If they come through then all will be forgiven and I'll be happy to carry on trading with said chap.

Come on dude, you've been an absolute star up until this point, let's keep the good times rolling!!

Check this out - only in Africa!!

Check this out - only in Africa!!

Hey guys

Check out this pic

Can you see it? I did not notice until I was clearing a few weeds :wave: from my garden.

Let's take a closer look

Can you see it now? I seem to have a little grower in my back yard that I did not put there!!! :yoinks:

But being in Africa that is not a suprise, considering that I had 10 workers crawling all over the back of the house getting some home improvements done. Without a doubt they were toking on their jut and a little seed escaped and found itself in a spot where it gets loads of water. I think I'll gently remove this one and put it in a pot outside and see what comes of it....

Check this pic

Now this I did put in there, here we have a Masterkush that I thought would look nice amongst my cacti, seeing as he/she survived this far I think I'll probably put her/him into a pot also and see what happens...

To any non africans viewing this thread, see we get freebies all the time, courtesy of locals who get stoned while building houses!! :canabis:

G

Blunt, there's plenty of info out there about EWC, just do a search and you'll find everything you want to know. 'they' say that adding more than 20% won't really benefit your medium, but aerated teas can be used with every watering.

about your other problem, man just write the seeds off that you've already given this guy - consider them a gift from you to him.

i'm surprised by that seedling in your lawn, not even regular weeds can do that!

Last edited:
These guys were not the guys that built the house, those guys were a real bunch of F'n monkeys. They throw up houses the cheapest way and it is only after you move and the niggle list expires that you begin to notice the more subtle things. Like laying the lawn over all the rubble from the house build. My frikkin lawn looks like the beaches of Normandy!

Anyways, you live and you learn, I'll get things right but it'll cost me time and money!

I pulled that plant out the ground today and gave it a nice new pot to live in. I don't want to put any in the ground right now cause there is still more work to be done and if there are any nice little bushes growing they'll disappear when the builders do!!

Also keping it in a pot will stop it from growing way too big. A friend of mine had one growing in his garden and the beast got so big he had to chop off the top as it was growing above the wall. He apparently harvested so much off it he had to give a loads away. It was prime stuff too, NL x Blueberry (or bubbleberry maybe) I think he told me. Matter of fact I've got some seeds of this plant. hmmmm

Oh yah, here's fingers crossed that when the next round of home improvements start I'll get lucky again with some more free plants. Needless to say I doubt they'll be anything like what we are growing, but you never know...

Man, that sucks to hear about the trade gone wrong.
It always eggs me when people do that, because it now means you are hesitant to share with the legit folks.

Yup, it sucks man...but what can you do....guess it does not always work out the way you expect...

Next time it'll be a case of "I send to you after I get from you". Might seem a bit tight but remember that those seeds were not easy peasy to come by, and not cheap.

There is still time though, last pm promised by the end of September so there is still time. Like I said, I'm a forgiving guy so everything will be cool if the beans arrive. If they don't then it is as Satghost said, a "write-off".

Thanks for the kind words y'all, fingers crossed it don't happen to you...