What's new

Blumat auto watering

Dave Coulier

Veteran
@rives & Dave.

Good point rives.
I, as a matter of fact only help friends with their indoor projects, but am a guerilla farmer myself for obvious reasons.

For us it is best to visit my friends places as little as possible and let the blumat's do the work for me.

Basicly I only take care of raising the lamps and do an occasional feed once a week, starting when they are in full bloom.
My favorite setup has got one cubic meter of soil, 2 blumat tensiometers (one up and one measuring at the bottom) has got 3 x 400 wtt hps above them and is real easy to maintain this way.

Blumat auto watering & blumat tensio meters DO seem to work for us Dave.( But note that I am an exp, senior grower wich might make some difference :) )

Sounds like you have a similar setup to one Ive been wanting to do. I was considering filling a large rectangular bed and outfitting it with various suction lysimeters and Irrometer Tensionmeters so I can constantly monitor soil solution EC, and soil moisture. Im wanting to run 3 600's over this bed.

Im tired of only being able to monitor a couple of containers at a time. One large bed, or multiple smaller beds with the right equipment would be better.

If I ever get around to getting it setup, Ill post some pics.

Im unsure why one wouldn't want to use a tensionmeter along with their blumats. Using the tensionmeter values along with visual inspection of root health would only further lead to an improvement with blumats, imo. Its a very affordable tool as well. Id like to see more people using them.

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
Been using some(4) slave drippers in some larger pots (5-7gal). So far, they seem to be doing really well. I used the little support stakes to keep them up off the soil. I think this , and using only clean water, will keep them working well. When I originally first tried these several years ago, outdoors, clogging issues made these a near disaster, so I've been reluctant to recommend them. This issue appears to be resolved.

So far, I am quite enthusiastic.:dance013:

avant gardener

Veteran
sospecial.jpg

HEY NUYS! IS NOMEONE NUNNA NELL ME WHERE I CAN BUY NUM NUMATS OR AM I NUNNA NAVE TO GET ALL NUCK NORRIS ON YOUR ASSES?

I need about 100 in the you ess of eh.
thanks!

rrog

Veteran
Given my small SCROG, I think I'm going back to 5 gallon pails (from 7 gal) and going with three drippers

kcoc

shut-off valves

shut-off valves

Anyone have a source for the shut-off valves that don't have insane ($15-20) shipping costs?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran
4 drippers per 7 gallon pail? Interesting. I was using 2 drippers but maybe I'll up the ante.

These are old moms I'm flowering. The trunks' are somewhere in between a pool cue, and a baseball bat! The plant mass is pretty huge. The drippers drip CONSTANTLY!

Thought I would share my blumat pump setup, I don’t have room for a raised reservoir so I put this together, a shurflo demand pump feeding an accumulator and a watts regulator set to 10 psi to feed the blumats, the pump is a 12 volt so I got a power supply off Amazon. Total cost was about 150 US with shipping.

Right now it is feeding 5 Maxi’s, I may switch to 10 regulars, will see.

Attachments

• P1020350.JPG
    P1020350.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 21

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thought I would share my blumat pump setup, I don’t have room for a raised reservoir so I put this together, a shurflo demand pump feeding an accumulator and a watts regulator set to 10 psi to feed the blumats, the pump is a 12 volt so I got a power supply off Amazon. Total cost was about 150 US with shipping.

Cool setup. Where did you find the accumulator?

sunnydog

Drip King
Veteran

Very cool. FYI- the B/M pressure reg. is 15psi.

Latest posts

Latest posts