What's new

bluestreak in a suitcase

C

ChynaRyder

Alright, I need to get my post count up, mostly because I cannot stand my stupid avatar anymore, but I would also like to listen in to the auto social group as well. Anyway, thought I would reveal my hideously cobbled together grow space for the moment, in which I have 3 Bluestreaks going.

Details: 4 seeds in the wet paper towel on 10/8, and 3 germinated and are pumping away. I also have a group of bagseeds which I am going to play with for a bit.

I am in the process of moving at the moment, hence the shoddy setup, but I think the truly interesting aspect of this is just what you can do with these autos and there diminutive stature. You really can grow them just about anywhere, and heres the proof. I have the babies in a large suitcase in the corner of my closet, with a 63 watt LED overhead. I do not expect to have to finish these guys in here, as I expect to be moved and setup shortly (I have bee n laying tile all day in the new place, and we are just about ready to move in!!!):woohoo:But, I think I could if I have to. Anyway, here are some crappy cell phone pics for your amusement.

Hopefully there is a girl in the group, and I will knock her up for seed.

BooleanCisco

Clear cups can cause algae on the roots. Buy some beer cups and drop them in clear cup and all. This way you can pull them out and check their roots without guessing. Not my idea but I read it a while back.

Good luck man!

C

ChynaRyder

:noway:

he is wagging his finger at your clear cups

I hear ya, and I know. To f'n busy to go to the store and buy new cups. They will reside there only a short while longer, til they show sex. The thing that is blowing me away about them is that the volume of root mass already visible through the walls of the cups is just staggering. Completely out of proportion with the top growth. Should be in 1 gallon pots in another week. You are going to guilt me into wrapping something around these cups now...

~Mac Lee~

Ill probably catch hell with this post, BUUUUUUUUUUUT thats all i use is clear contaniers if i dont make since its because of that Nirvana wr anywho i never get algee algae.
Dunno

C

ChynaRyder

:yeahthatsi know, I did 2 years of work in graduate school with a root pathogen. Many of the plants used were grown in clear containers to moniter infection levels, and disease progress. Never really saw any difference, or any statistically different differences in performance between the plants in clear containers and controls in std. black pots. I kinda think it is a myth, the problems of light exposure to roots. There is no photosensing apparatus in root tissue, so I cannot see the issue. Doesnt matter anyway, as they will be potted up shortly once they sex, and any concern will be over. Primarily a seed run anyway, but i do intend on harvesting as much bud as these plants are capable of producing. It is interesting to see the explosive root growth though...really solidifies in my mind the need for larger contaners early in an af's life cycle.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
i agree never ever had a problem growing im clear cups.. but who knows if ppl make the time and effort to constantly remind ppl that its no good they must have some theory behind it...

ChynaRyder nice to see a thread up bro :D

C

ChynaRyder

i agree never ever had a problem growing im clear cups.. but who knows if ppl make the time and effort to constantly remind ppl that its no good they must have some theory behind it...

ChynaRyder nice to see a thread up bro :D

Thank you, my friend. People tend to cling tightly to what works for them, and you know what? Thats just fine. Its why we have clear beer cups and opaque cups in this world:ying:

C

ChynaRyder

Shit, 2 more posts and I get 50, so I might as well get er done:D SAH, you may best answer this question. I though I read that MD keeps his girls on 24/7. I am wavering a bit on dropping them to 20/4 once I transplant this weekend. What have been your or anyone elses observations with Bluestreak:1help: By the way, I will have new and better pics this weekend, but this is a most impressive little plant. I am going to love doing a perpetual SOG with em once I complete this seed run. They are sprinters I tell you. Leaving the couple bagseeds in their dust I tell ya.:Bolt:

C

ChynaRyder

:wallbash::wallbash:
Suitcasegrow :) will be following

Thanks m8. It is embarrasing to look at, but I tell you what, it is working pretty damn good so far. Thanks to the LED, I dont have any heat issues, and the anount of spave is adequate to flower 3 decent size ladies with a little LST. I am worried about odor though. Slight skuky smell when you enter. Will get the ozone generator going outside the closet which I hope will do the trick. Finally moving into the new place, and may transport the babies in a week or so to the new and enhanced grow room.:woohoo: Since I like to fondle them everyopportunity I get, it may be a litle hard though, I will be splitting time between 2 houses for a bit, and may not to give hem their goodight drink and sniff:canabis: every night...I thikn my plants are getting alittle more attention than my kids right now I am so damn anxious to get em done. Desperately low on meds, and the oxycontins are becoming a larger part of my life again:wallbash: This fucked up coutry really is pissing me off that we that are struggling with serious health issues canot get the one PLANT that is the most effective treatment in the world!!!! :rant: Pics on saturday of the babies i there new homes

A suitcase grow... this is cool, Chyna. Wonder if you get get a carbon filter in there? Now that would be stealth.

Good luck with the move....

C

cyber echo

Greetings,
As far as I know, roots will turn green when exposed to light. That will make them way less efficient at what they do. Duct taping around the cups will prolly work. Gluck with ur grow

C

ChynaRyder

Ok. Day 12 from popping soil, and I have a little info. 2 are males for sure, throwin balls everywhere, and first showed on day 10!! Strong suspicion on day 9 too. I believe the third is a girl on the basis that the plant is not showing anything, and the confimed males are already overwhelmingly obvious. I understand the males are first to show on these AF's, right? I presoaked 3 more seeds, and once the tails showed I put them in soil in beer cups. Using the clear cups still, as I took a VERY close look at the roots when i transplanted the suspected girl, and they were perfect. I moved her into a 1 gal plastic pot with a mix of good potting soil (spacing on the name atm) with a cup of good garden soil, a cup of good humus, and about a tablespoon of Espoma Biotone starter plus (looking at ICC, I got guilted into goin organic!) Was gonna try the fabric pots, but the only ones I had were 18".....a little big for my suitcase:joint: I will use them at some point though. Very slight skunky, fruity aroma when I fully open the suitcase, but no overwhelming smell in the closet...yet. Anyway, more crappy cell phone pics. Gotta steal my wifes or one of my kids cameras. My hand was a little shaky too, so the top down view of the male is blurred. He has a well formed flower cluster goin on already. These little plants are just blowin me away. Sprinters they are, nothin less.

top down of 1 male. well formed flower cluster in middle....already. (sorry about the bad pic:noway:)

Side shot of male. Gonna leave the 2 boys in their beer cups, and let them polinate. Will collect as well, and store. I have already pinched out about 4 low growing points from him, and sparked them up. Actually got me high, and helped me sleep.:woohoo:

The supposed girl, in her new home:yes:

Another of "the Girl" If this plant decides to produce balls for me, I will be pissed.

Finally, inside the suitcase. Gettin a little crowded, but not too bad.:abduct:
I may have to ditch the bagseeds, that I really only started to just have plants to grow:joint: If these pics are fucked up, its not my fault, kinda new at this. Lookin small on the preview:noway: Enjoy, hope you're entertained. C'ya

C

ChynaRyder

Sorry about the bad pics

Sorry about the bad pics

Ok all, sorry about the horrid photos to date. I stole my kids camera, as I really am blown away by the performance of the 2 males. I almost feel guilty keeping such hard working plants in their beer cups, but I just dont have room to pot them up. I may move them up to 2 QT. pots, but thats all I can fit.

I also definately have a GIRL!:woohoo:Finally see the first pistils today peeking out at me :canabis: She is enjoying her new digs, and is begining to really take off. She may end a bit short statured, but perfect for the location.

Three new seeds required a lot of help getting them above ground, and shedding seed coats, but 3/3 on new germs:woohoo:
I mostly wanted to get some decent pics of the males, at day 14. The preflowers are about ready to spurt!!!

Mdanzig, props to you man. :respect: One hell of a little plant so far, and I can foresee years of enjoyment and good medicine from this little strain.

Was expecting overwhelming skunk in the closet this morning because of the powerful smell last night. But, when I entered this morning, I could not smell anything. The smell seems to come in waves, at varying times. So far, still very stealthy, and no worries!:rasta: Be good all, c'ya

Well formed male flower cluster, day 14 from cracking soil.

Pre flowers, lookin like they are gonna spurt soon

my GIRL!!!!:woohoo:

My girl, a little short, but laden with growing points, and really ramping up the growth.

one of 3 new babies. Aw,,,aint it cute?:canabis:

C

ChynaRyder

Just a quick update: Had a house showing today, so the brood had to leave for a bit:jump::jump::jump:. Took out the light, packed all the cups and pots in the case tightly, and took them out for spin. Very stealthy, and low key:joint: First period of dark in their life, and I think they liked it. More at the end of the week...:abduct:

chyna looking very good man..thanks again for pointing out bluestreak to me on the bay.. on its way here:woohoo:..cant wait to see urs finish..do u plan on breeding them at all to get some seed?

C

ChynaRyder

chyna looking very good man..thanks again for pointing out bluestreak to me on the bay.. on its way here:woohoo:..cant wait to see urs finish..do u plan on breeding them at all to get some seed?

Hey Tokes, thanks for stoppin by, and happy to help. Good luck with your bluestreaks, and please, if you can, post your grow. There is VERY little info out there on this strain because of all of the problems with the release. I would like to see the differences in what I am using (JD's Blueryder) and your 'Orriginal Bluestreak'. I am a bit nervous that JD screwed these up, but judging by the performance so far, I am comforted.

About breeding them, hell, thats why I am doing this hideuosly cobbled together grow:joint: I am going to let the 2 boys have a run at the girl in there, and collect excess pollen. This run is all about seed stocks. With my condition and bud demands, a perpetual SOG with at a minimum of 12 girls goin is in the very near future, once I have the seed stocks needed.:abduct:

Latest posts

Latest posts