What's new

bluestreak in a suitcase

C

ChynaRyder

HARVEST TIME!!!

HARVEST TIME!!!

Well, I have harvested my first auto grow, 57 days from seed. Hard to say what yields are, as the bud is so heavily seeded. Lots of trim, that is of excellent quality. I just smoked 4 little sugar leafs, and I have a very strong and relaxing body stone. No elevation in heart rate, no headache...just a pleasant buzz.:rasta: Curing will certainly help, and I am excited to make some edibles out of this bud, considering the body effects of the smoke. Some pics...

picture.php

Last shot of her before she came down...love the colors.

picture.php

Buds and good sugar leaf trim. Not overly impressive, but I suspect that there are at least 75 big black seeds in there. Girl #2, who is sensimilla, will yield much better, and her nugs are rock hard tight, while most of the buds here are a little airy. the cola, and all the nuglets along it are very solid, though. Gonna have to dry it thoroughly though. Hate to ruin such dank smoke, but it is too damn sticky to get the seeds out. I will need more pain meds in 2 days, so she will prolly go in the dehydrator Thursday to finish her up...her fast finish is welcomed.

I will save some bud for recreation though :smoker:

An academic point now...:dueling:This bagseed has been in this clear plastic cup for over 80 days now, no transplant, lots of abuse, only lately a little lovin has been supplied... Look at the roots

I like to experiment with bullshit plants, before i screw around with valuable genes. This plant has been residing at the outside boundry of the lights, and will be taken as far as it can go. It actually looks quite good. I want to preserve all of the new genes I will be recieving, and am going the bonzai route this time until I have the space to do a proper seed run on the long season strains.

Am now set up to begin my af SOG grow...and here is the pots I am gonna use
picture.php

picture.php

Was at Lowes getting perlite and vermiculite, and saw these for $1.99. Got 4 of em. 6" x 24" x 8"(I think) deep. I am debating 3 or 4 plants per pot...prolly 3 sour 60 and ak's, and 4 bluestreaks and other smaller autos. We'll see how it works out, but they are just what i wanted.

Finally, I need more light, so for 59.00 at lowes, I am building a 234 W cfl light, and can use a little input on the arrangement of the bulbs. I am leaning towards this arrangement, with the 2 big ones 65W 2700 K, and the 4 smaller ones 26W 6500 K.

picture.php

picture.php

I need an area to veg under, as I need to make a lot of clones this spring, and also I need to build up a stash. I have been rationing way too much lately, and I am tired of pain. I figure I can veg at least 20 plants in beer cups under this thing, and flower under the LEDs.

Sorry for the long post, lots of action in my cannabis world. Love to hear any different thoughts on the cfl's. :deadxmas:

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
ChynaRyder you have progressed amazingly to say the least i was breath taken by your grow and how fast you have dialed in your autos and setup up well done bro hope the setup brings your nothing but good karma mate :)_

shroomy

vicious bee

You seed list is going to be too much but good. Plants look excellent. Look how FAT those buds are. Did you notice the smell becoming more citrus as it went along?
You ought to make hoods for your CFL's. Put them horizontal and make a "M" with the light at the V of the M. Then spread out the legs of the "M". Spray paint flat white.
tokerofdakill- I know what your electrical problem is. The wire starts at a breaker then goes to several receptacles and or lights. One of them has a bad connection. This is hazardous. Could overheat and burn the house down. Even with a breaker it could still catch on fire. Turn off everything EXCEPT the one that's giving you a problem. Get a cheap plug in tester and plug in all outlets and turn on all lights. Find out what that breaker controls. Mark them or remember which ones. Then TURN OFF that breaker and look at each connection. You will find one loose. May even be melted.

C

ChynaRyder

ChynaRyder you have progressed amazingly to say the least i was breath taken by your grow and how fast you have dialed in your autos and setup up well done bro hope the setup brings your nothing but good karma mate :)_

shroomy

Shroomy, the Karma flowin from the closet is all good right now :D and I believe it may only get better.

Thanks for the kind words man, these plants are a joy to grow.

As I said before, these plants are almost too easy to grow. I find myself looking for more to do, and have fought the temptation to over care for them...when the new seed orders arrive, there will be plenty to do :party:

C

ChynaRyder

You seed list is going to be too much but good. Plants look excellent. Look how FAT those buds are. Did you notice the smell becoming more citrus as it went along?

The smell changed as she developed, but was always at its core a very citrus smell. In the last 10 days some of the skunkiness faded out, and another fruit entered the picture, but I cannot describe it. Suffice it to say the smell is intoxicating, and I find myself sniffing my fingers long after I have handled any of her. Kinda like that first bit o snatch you got as a teenager, didnt wanna wash your hands for days so you could remember...:moon:
Seed list too much? Yea, I think it will keep me busy for a few years, but, I also have 105 acres of ground on which to spread my tasty little medicine factories. Everything I ordered will be run next year. Variety is the key to my canna medicine, and I also like to make alot of oils, muscle and joint rubs, tinctures, you name it which consumes alot of bud.

You ought to make hoods for your CFL's. Put them horizontal and make a "M" with the light at the V of the M. Then spread out the legs of the "M". Spray paint flat white.

Hmmm, horizontal eh? I cannot get my mind to move from mounting them vertically like shown, and putting a reflector around the margins to guide light down (the bulbs will be mounted to a 18" x 24" board). Well, I have more time to think about it, probably wont be assembling it till tomorrow at the earliest, as it wont be needed for about a week. Love to hear more input on this.

tokerofdakill- I know what your electrical problem is. The wire starts at a breaker then goes to several receptacles and or lights. One of them has a bad connection. This is hazardous. Could overheat and burn the house down. Even with a breaker it could still catch on fire. Turn off everything EXCEPT the one that's giving you a problem. Get a cheap plug in tester and plug in all outlets and turn on all lights. Find out what that breaker controls. Mark them or remember which ones. Then TURN OFF that breaker and look at each connection. You will find one loose. May even be melted.

:deadxmas:

Mulle

Hi there ChynaRyder,
When I saw the name of the topic I didn't take the suitcase thing seriously, but wow! Really fun to see such a creative growspace!

Also lovely to see the Blue Streak pics, your first lady turned out really nice I must say :) Love the autumn colours, have you had low temps or any other external factor that could have contributed to them?
My blue streak didn't get that much colour at all despite low temps, but great to see the potential of them. I always had a soft spots for colourful plants.

Its great to see some results from using LED's too, I haven't looked at many grows yet but it's definitely an area that interests me. My only concern is that there's so little heat from them, I bet high temps haven't been a problem for you...
Will be lurking around this topic as long as it stays alive, please post a link here if you continue in a new thread!

vicious bee

I mounted mine horizontally and seemed to get more light out of them. There's a thread somewhere :) on ICMag on doing that. I don't remember where if I do I'll dig it up.
I was joking when I said to many seeds. I have too many seeds. I'll never get around to running all of them.

C

ChynaRyder

Hi there ChynaRyder,
When I saw the name of the topic I didn't take the suitcase thing seriously, but wow! Really fun to see such a creative growspace!

Thanks, Mulle. It served it's purpose at the time. Couldnt have done it without the LED, cause without any ventilation, cfls woulda cooked em. These lights are gonna open so many doors for new growers, and I think I have shown that you can grow good bud just about anywhere.

Also lovely to see the Blue Streak pics, your first lady turned out really nice I must say :) Love the autumn colours, have you had low temps or any other external factor that could have contributed to them? I always had a soft spots for colourful plants. My blue streak didn't get that much colour at all despite low temps, but great to see the potential of them.

My grow space would drop into the low 60's lights off, a couple a times upper 50's. Other than that, she did it on her own. Really surprised me just how much she looks like DJ bb. There is a guy doin a grow of DJ bb right now, and has posted some pics of his girl in DJ's forum, and the resemblance will surprise you. I hope this trait passes to a good number of the prodgeny, as I would like to encourage it. This plant was a true winner: at least 100 seeds, about a half ounce of really good bud and keif, and as she cures, a definite berry aroma is developing. A joy to both smoke and eat. Tha pain killing ability of the edibles is excellent, and this plant is a winner for chronic pain. I have been on her for over 48 hours now (both smoking and eating), and feel great. No headache, no burned out feeling...every time I consume more, there is a surge in energy, and just a great relaxing, happy buzz. Functional too...I laid about 1000 square feet of hardwood floor today, and had no problems doin the work

Its great to see some results from using LED's too, I haven't looked at many grows yet but it's definitely an area that interests me. My only concern is that there's so little heat from them, I bet high temps haven't been a problem for you...

No, high temps were certainly not a problem..just the opposite. I am heating my growspace now due to the cold snap. The young ones just were not movin, and refused to show sex. I put a heater on and they all showed sex in 24 hours. I will be keeping the heat on for the rest of the winter. My hope is the big cfl I am installing will generate some heat.

Will be lurking around this topic as long as it stays alive, please post a link here if you continue in a new thread!

I will keep posting what I am doing, but it will get a little spotty once my season kicks off. I have a lot of killer genetics to occupy what little time I have left.:joint: Thanks for stoppin, and I look forward to seein more of your grow, Mulle, you did a great job with your first run.

C

ChynaRyder

I think it is about time to wind this thread down, since there isnt any suitcase, and very little bluestreak anymore. I will start a new one with the aak's and sour 60. I assembled the new cfl, and sour 60 will be the first to try it out. Some pics....

picture.php

picture.php

The aak x diesel's are finally taking off, low temps were slowing them down. Out of 7 viable seeds, 5 girls (one was a little iffy, will know for sure tomorrow) one healthy male, and one dwarfed little thing not showin sex yet. Wish I had another male, but am happy that I will get more bud outta this run. I am gonna do targeted pollination, and have a bluestrak male that will also be used on a few buds. With 5 girls, I should be able to get a lotta seed, and still keep the colas sensi. Some pics....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The plant in the cup sitting in the long planter is the sole ak male, unless the runty thing in the pink cup sitting below is male. He will die if indeed it is a he...unless the runty bluestreak is a female :chin: . The 2 green cups are bluestreak, the larger one a healthy male that I will collect pollen from to hit the ak's with and the sour 60's.

Sour 60's will be put into beer cups Sunday evening, and I think I am gonna run the whole pack. I want to make sure I get all of the phenos, as they all sound usefull. Real hard to hold back on the pack of BOG's Blue Moon Rocks. I think this will be my first af project, crossing bluestreak with BMR and really trying to nail it. Although, 12/12 from seed on BMR might just get ya similar yields in similar time frames....:chin:

I will post the final seed count from bluestreak girl #1, and will try to do a thorough smoke report on girl #2 once she is done. Although the bud from girl #1 is excellent, I wanna see what sensi is like from #2 before I do a report. :deadxmas:

C

ChynaRyder

Final seed yield from girl #1 is 419....wow.
Thats a lot of seeds :woohoo:

And she gave me 15 grams of good bud, and 4 grams of good trim.

Girl # 2 is still adding weight, and trics are 95% cloudy, 5% clear. Prolly another week for her. She is not as colorful as #1, but is adding color, only differently. this plant has NO ODOR unless handled, and then the odor is the same citrusy skunky... Some pics

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

K

kannubis

you gotta add 1 more of anything to it just to get the magical/mystical quantity of 420

Trichfarmer

did you try any off the seed you made yet ? Does it still auto flower ? Also, how many males did you use for the pollination, was me thinking I read 2 correct ?
thanks for the present too by the way :)

C

ChynaRyder

did you try any off the seed you made yet ? Does it still auto flower ? Also, how many males did you use for the pollination, was me thinking I read 2 correct ?
thanks for the present too by the way :)
Yep, 2 males, and seeds are up and about a week old now...will know in a week or so weather they af or not, but there is no reason to think they would not.

Your welcome too...;)...just doin my small part in the betterment of autflowering meds :whistling: