What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow ambertrich! just wow. what an great bunch of plants, great growing and great pics!
how many seeds did you pop? the whole pack?

to think you found those 3 great phenos from 1 pack or less of F2s is just mind-blowing.
you go and read about people trying to find a decent blueberry these days and you find so many horror stories of worthless plants, not one keeper in a pack, no blueberry smells etc.

the idea of bringing two disparate, long separated strands of the Bb line together in this cross sounded great - but i knew it was likely to be a romantic pipe-dream on my part.... i really couldnt have hoped for better results in the progeny, it really looks like my dream has come true in this sense.

what's also great is that frank and i are both looking at this BDB through the 2 different prizms of the parental plants - and we are both really happy with the results - the line is providing specimens that seem to match up to both parents and some great combinations of the two.. i know thats what f2s are supposed to do but really this kind of hit rate is unusual for sure.. and to get it with such a notorious line as the blueberry is just awesome.

thanks again to everyone

RS i look forward to seeing yours. fwiw i just looked and there is a breeder pack still left. As i said earlier i have more F2's to send in so they arent going to sell out anytime soon.

when i make F3s i want to run enough rounds of plants to select some really stable keepers and use a decent selection - that may take a while but as i say there are more f2s to send in and the gold is defininitly in there.

VG

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like VG said - couldn't be happier with the results people are getting. There is so much talk of that long lost blueberry - and I have always known that the Digi WAS everything that people talk about...the problem has always been - Bx'ing a plant to a point of stability takes so long - and why release something that isn't going to give you exactly what you want...

So when VG showed me his mother - I really had great hopes - with it being SO sativa - a blueberry like his mom - also long lost and equally a rare expression...it really has played out to be a match made in heaven...

Just look at the results. They speak for themselves. Getting a true blueberry in a pack of 10 has been a dream of mine for long time - a couple months before I even started growing and came across "blueberry" ... a $60 1/8 that I could never ever find again. I spent a great deal of money on DJ genetics to find some really whacky plants with great highs - but that classic flavor...was all but non-existent. When Chili introduced me to Digi - I instantly fell in love...and ever since, I've wanted to find a way to share that greatness with other people.

Again...like VG said - the phenos are very clear and distinct in these seeds with the parents being such polar opposites in regards to how they grow and express themselves - which has made it extremely easy to see the influences of both plants in the offspring. It's been truly awesome to see this play out - and to see people enjoying it as much as they are.

I can't thank VG enough for having the foresight to contact me about my rumored blueberry daddy... ;)

Really, these seeds are nothing short of epic in every possible way. The results people are getting in only ten seeds has been unheard of for nearly the last decade. Talk about a resurrection...

Great work, VG. And much thanks to everyone taking the time to share their results. Truly exciting stuff!! :respect:

dank.Frank

ambertrich

Veteran
VG and dank.frank, gotta say thanks again for this international collaboration. I think you two have created a real gem.

dank.frank, yeah man, it seems VG's mom is giving this cross legs in the flowering time. My girls are around 58 days in and I think they have another week or two maybe till chop time. Checking daily, though, just in case they surprise me.

I can definitely see the clawing in that phenol #4 (Digi leaning)-could have dropped the micro a little earlier. Will have to watch that in the future. Good looking out, man.

Gil, with all the heat issues I had the past couple months I was sure if, or how much, color these girls would throw. I love what you have been able to do with the Bluedigi an the lemon skunk x Bluedigi looks bomb as well. I notice my plants purple from the top down, those parts closest to the light color first and darkest.

VG, thanks bro. This was from only 5 seeds (half a pack). All 5 germinated no problems. Got one male and 4 females. One of the girls dropped balls about 2 weeks into flower and left me with these three ladies. Not bad. I am pretty confident in saying there should be one or more winners in every pack.

I think I got a pretty good representation of the parents in these three plants. To me, anyway, I see your BB mom in phenol #2 (the foxtail queen) with the candy berry smell. I see the Digi with its blueberry muffin aroma in phenol #4 and a good mix of both in phenol #5 which has a more musky berry smell.

Looking forward to more reports of what people are finding in these beans. Good stuff.

:ying:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That was in only 5 seeds? Very cool. Hopefully you didn't use up all your females in the pack already. ;) Great break down on the descriptions. I'd agree with assessment based on looks. The smells sound great.

Way to keep an eye on the garden and catch that pollen slinger beefore it did any damage... :joint:

dank.Frank

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah cool breakdown i look forward to the smoke reports :)

those 3 from 5 seeds/4 females is crazy good.

and there are 12 seeds in each pack so you should have a nice surprise in the bag when you look - 7 more seeds :woohoo:

thanks again for posting ambertrich - pics like that speak volumes

VG

therevverend

Veteran
Wow I'm happy with how my plant turned out but looking at Ambertrich's pics makes me excited to pop a few more next year. Here's a couple more pictures around harvest time.
picture.php

picture.php

She was DJ Short Blueberry dominate. As she's dried some of the harsher, ranker smells have mellowed she's gotten a lot sweeter. Looking forward to smoke testing her soon.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks lovely revv, glad the sweeter smells are coming through.

do you or your friends run any plants indoors? might be worth doing a few indoors for selection and then picking your favorite for next year..

VG

therevverend

Veteran
I originally purchased the seeds for an indoor grow that never materialized. Of course I couldn't resist sprouting a couple for my outdoor run. I'll end up sprouting some if I do a winter grow. Still can't help thinking about that plant I lost in June. She was nicer than the one I harvested which was still good. Checked the drying flowers last night really nice fat nugs.
I think she leans extremely into the DJ Short range of things, I don't have a lot of experience with that. The ranky bitter chocolate, dank forest herby smell I'm not used to in cannabis is interesting. I hope the effects are as unconventional. This is why I like F2s.
Got a couple dabs of pollen but the male was so late I don't think the seeds had time to mature. Too bad it would of made a nice cross with the Blue Flash.
Next year I'd like to start a few weeks earlier. Didn't get the seeds in till mid April. I think last week of March she could of finished first week of October and gotten 2-3 meters.

Johnnyseed

smh

smh

As soon as I am financially ready and about to start a new grow, bluedigiberry is off the market.

I couldn't be anymore irate.
Missed out.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Johnny, i have more BDB seeds, i will be sending in another decent sized batch in the next week or two.

so hang on it wont be long ;)

VG

Nirrity

dank.Frank, by any chance, did you had the particular strain on your mind while typing "really social giddy weed" ?

...never consider it a "recreational" strain either - it's not racy super active party weed - it's not get baked weed - it's not really social giddy weed - it's a much more medicinal or therapeutic effect...

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey johnny i am just waiting for things to get back to normal at seedbay, clarence has left and OP is just getting up to speed. hopefull will send the seeds in the next week or two.

hope thats ok and not holding you up too much

VG

Skunkbeard

Digiberry....One of the frostiest prettiest plants I've had the pleasure of growing. I'm keeping this cut around until l sprout more seeds; hopefully I find something a little better yielding. Thanks for the dank Verdant!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the feedback skunkbeard - the plant looks lovely. is the colour from low temps? the mum turned almost black in the cold once...

you also may up the yield as you dial it in

happy hunting

VG

Cool Moe

Veteran
Frank I recently got to see 5 different females from Verdant's blue digi x c99, freebies from a little while back, thanks V. I gave em to a homie like you're supposed to do with the free ones, right? Turns out they were some of the finest, most blue-berry smelling herbs I could want. Three were all kinda blueberry muffins man, just so nice. One was dead-on concord grape jelly. Another had a distinct fir tree smell. Will be all over some digi f2 when it comes back around, c99 makes it nice but the blue is what I'm liking the most. Thanks fellas.

Skunkbeard

VG, the BDB turned dark purple weeks before everything else began going into senescence and the last two weeks it went almost black. Typically I drop the temperatures 10-15 degrees below daytime temps (last 2wk of flower). I've never seen such deep purple/black colors in anything I've grown. The Purple Wreck I grow turns a pink violet color but no where near the display of the DBD.

Frank, at the moment it smells like a musty grape but as it's drying the smell is changing. I smoked a bit of the semi dry flowers (day 4) and I didn't get much flavor on the inhale but the exhale is very aromatic. I imagine after drying and a proper cure it should bring those subtle flavors forth that I can't quite pick up on yet.

Overall it's a beautiful plant. I'm excited to see what else I find; thanks again!

Latest posts

Latest posts