What's new

BlueDigiBerry F2

therevverend

Veteran
For contrast I figured I'd toss up a couple pictures of my Blue Flash. It's an OG Kush/Blueberry cross from Mendocino that's been a mainstay of my garden the last couple years. Even though it finishes Oct 10 it is impervious to grey mold. Nice berry and Tonic flavor. Plan on crossing it with a strong Digi to give it hardiness and stamina. Notice how much more sativa it looks from the OG influence. Also notice how blue it looks compared to it's neighbors.
picture.php

This is the Huge Upright Phenotype of Blue Flash.
picture.php

Hoping my drying male Digiberry flower cluster opens up enough to get a couple swabs of pollen. For a male it's smell was intriguing. A little berry but also musky and nearing Diesely. Have had more failures than successes with the Blue line in general, the outside doesn't like mutants. But both these strains are outbred hybrids so that shouldn't be a big problem.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread is cooking atm with all the new pics and feedback, im really stoked.

Frank,:tiphat: im really glad too man, its looking very promising :woohoo:

gil, i will run some of these soon, its seed popping season here nut i have a couple of things to pop ond sort first. havent posted a grow in a while because its time consuming and ive been busier with life (in a good way mostly) and growing/making seeds isnt as photogenic as my control-freak scrogging lol.

ambertric i'm liking the look of no1, i think it may foxtail and yield well if you leave it a bit longer. they all look nice though. so you got 1 herm out of 4 girls?

revverend your plants look lovely! hope you get some pollen - keeping a small flowering branch in a glass of water and clooecting the pollen over a few days as the flowers open is a good way. the colored pistils are a trait bought out by the sunshine i would imagine and not fertilised. im really hoping to see some more shots of her as she flowers out.

redneck shogun its great to see that indica dominant expression in there.

VG

Smoked first two and the one I thought would be the best turned out to be of low potency. The other is a good yielder so I was expecting it to be weak but it blew my socks off. Best potency in my garden currently. A real white knuckle ride of pure euphoria. Really would like to go hiking at this moment instead of typing this after smoking it with my coffee this morning.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
glad you found a good one RS - yeah the blueberry high can be quite euphoric. good to hear about the potency. Blueberry isnt quite as potent generally as some of the strains around but it has subtle qualities that still make it very relevant i think.

lovely to see the pic of the BDB x C99 too

thanks

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow Gil, that really looks like a special plant! which number is that?

do you have to feed all your plants the same nutes? if you can change them plant to plant then i reckon it might do even better on lower EC

not to detract though, it looks mighty fine as it is :tiphat:

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
It's my pheno #1. The one with the giant fan leaves. This is the longest I've run her. If I had any sort of cool temps,I think she would turn solid purple.
I can feed her less, and I tried to this time, but probably still to much. And I'm not the most disciplined when it comes to nute maintenance. Sometimes I get busy, and I go longer than I should between rez changes.
Even so, I really like what she's doing this round. I've got some shots of a lemon-berry I ran also, that looks awesome. I'll put then up when I get a second.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah gil i know what its like trying to balance life and plants... mine dont always get as much attention as i would like to give them.

i dont know how some Bb cuts grow. i use about half the nitrogen on mine as i do for my other plants and its still as vigorous as anything, stretches like a mofo.

the reasons why i think yours could manage with less is the slight clawing on the bud leaves (although that may also be down to high canopy temps) and also the dark green colour.

so how many cuts have you kept of the BDB? was it 3?

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I had 3 females originally. My favorite was a little too hermy, so I let her go. The #3 had the best blueberry smell, but not my favorite bud structure. Really hairy buds,a little on the airy side...And #1, the crazy vigorous, giant fan less, big fox tail buds. She's the only one I've kept still. As I keep pheno hunting,I have to eliminate others.
This run was my first attempt at a vertical donut, with stacked 600s. It was mostly an OG monocrop, but I through this bdb in one of the corners, just to see what a single cola would do. It actually ended up spreading into several buds. The only ones that turned purple were the ones closer to the light.

Here is the vert screen with the bdb just to the right of the bulb:

This is my lemon skunk X bluedigiberry f2:

She has retained the best parts of the terpine profile of the bluedigiberry, but every thing else is improved! Better yield, better flower to leaf ratio, more frost, etc.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks nice gil!

how many of the lemon berry skunk have you popped? and did they all have good berry smells?

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
3 females so far. One was very sativa looking with airy buds, and low odder with a little of the blue smell. One was tight indica, and smelled like spaghetti, or meatloaf (it was weird!) And the last one was this one that I kept. It really is awesome.

therevverend

Veteran
Time for an update of my BlueDigi F2. She's Fattening up nicely.
picture.php

picture.php

Hope she finishes soon. Our Indian Summer is looking short this year. A vine grew around a branch causing a speck of mold but she's been good otherwise.
Can't decide if it's a pheno I like or not. Sometimes I get a smell I've got from some Blueberry and Bubblegum crosses I didn't like. Other times I get a good hashy smell. I lost a plant in an accident back in late June. It still breaks my heart because she was the keeper. Really vibrant color and stocky bushy growth.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks lovely, fwiw my Bb mum goes through quite a few stages of odor as she matures, i get sweet hashy from mine in early to mid flower but its doesnt end up like that.

yours looks a fair bit like mine when i did it in my greenhouse (pics on the last page or two), the purpling on the fan leaf edges is cold induced i'd bet. mine finished in early november or was pretty much ready. im in SE UK about lat. 50N i think

being F2s there will be a big range in variation between the parents, from the reports there seems to be a high proportion of good plants in there but i guess there will be some not so good ones too, thats F2s for you, also why there are 12 seeds in a pack :) my advice is to pop as many as you can if you're selecting.

i also sent in some breeder packs of these with 100 seeds in - just 4 packs. they were meant to be put to one side (which is why i havent mentioned them) but i think they got listed along with the bubba S1s and relists a couple of weeks back. I think there was one left last time i looked.

VG

Last edited:

browntrout

Veteran
Nice rev!

Glad someone is growing her out, She's pretty slow to flower I see but still a week or two quicker than DJ's new stock....

BT

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah the Bb isnt especially 'early' for outdoor growing but they are handsome plants and there will be some good colour changes too i think. not terribly mould prone because the buds are quite airy. not sure about the digi side i know thats a quicker flower time so likely digi dominant would finish a bit earlier.

VG