What's new

Blue Sonja Test Grow

G

Guest 16149

Growpuppet,
what a fantastic job you are doing, hope mine look half as good, Nice to see what is coming down the road.

G

guest3854

Was gonna ask if your flushing yet , then remembered that you use hot soil mixes . They look great and bet they will be ready at about 65-70 days . Just hold off 'till that calyxes swell , tha last week or so is when these girls finish REALLY packin' on tha meat .

Steele

I figured I would show the clones i took earlier.

I lost both Blue Sonja 3 clones and one of the Blue Sonja 6 clones. I haven't had the best of luck with revegging, but I will give it another shot with my Blue Sonja 3 after harvest.

I just transplanted the clones from 3" pots to 6" pots.

Blue Sonja 1

3" pots

I found this interesting that it looks like this clone is turning into a trifoliate?

6" pots

Blue Sonja 2

3" pots

6" pots

Blue Sonja 6

3" pot

6" pot

I'm hoping to throw a Blue Sonja 1 & a Blue Sonja 2 clone into flowering after this first test round comes down.

G

Hey its the cone heads hahahahaha!!!!

Cool cross Savage,and good grow for shure!
Looooooooooooong assed buds quite unique!!

G

guest3854

No doubt , unique is tha perfect word for this variety . Very high quality in tha stone .

We'll be posting some pics of three different generation of tha
Blue Sonja line , F3 , BX1 1IX (Tang Tang ) and BX2 . All look related , showing minimal variances within tha line , quite homogenous .

Steele

Last edited:
G

guest3854

LOL , musta' been posting while you were GP ! I'm sure you're flushing tha shit outta them girls now , eh ? I forget , was it you that said they didn't have access to EJ Catalyst . That really is a great thing to use , flushing . Just PH your water with catalyst (it's acidic) and go . Buds have a much more full bodied taste , instead of bland bullshit .No , Catalyst , try ph'ing your water with citrus , lemon , lime .....

Anyhow , they look great GP . Love those long runnin' , colorful colas . #2 looks quite dense , tha others look like classic Sonja structure , open , medium dense , fruity nugs , lovely !

Steele

Thanks Blaner, can't wait to see yours blow up with the multiple tops!

Steele I don't have access to EJ Catalyst. To be honest I've never 'flushed' any of my soil stuff, I just keep watering with the same amount of plain ol' tap water til the end. I usually stop watering about 3 days before I chop so the plant is on the 'drier' side.

I plan on running some clones and might try adding some molasses, lemon juice, sweetener type thing at the end of that run.

When running a plant for the first time, I really like to run them the same way; hot soil and plain tap water til the end. This gives me a baseline for how this strain produces without any real help from me. I find this helpful when running a cab with multiple strains.

PAGreen

Question for steel savage;
How many different phenotypes can we expect from these Blue Sonja seeds? Also, do they really tend to be indica dominant? Growpuppet's BS numbers 1, 3, and 6 appear to be sativa dominant, but then his BS 2 appears to be much more indica. Does the finished product end up being indica dominant despite the differentiating growth structures of the phenotypes?

G

guest3854

PAGreen , real good to see ya made it ! There are 2 pheno's within tha line . Growpuppet's girls are displaying this , 1,3,6 are of tha Sativa and #2 Indy . If i can give you some brief notes concerning tha males used in tha BX2 generation ; H47 a close noded , shorter plant , I51 Tall , branchy , very similar to BS , K60 Tall & branchy very similar to BS in aroma . So GrowPuppet's #2 plant is more on tha side of indy , similar to plant H47 used , tha Baseball pheno . Also , please remember these plants put out "Indica sized buds on Sativa sized plants". This line is a Sat line , however we wanted to keep some phenetic variation for folks to select from , thus our decision to use male plant H47 in tha BX1 gen. Also tha finished results are ALL in tha head , an up , "cloud 9" high , of superior quality .

Kendo , good to see ya made to this thread , GP's doin' a helluva job with 'em .

GP , makin' me proud , bud .

Steele

G

guest3854

No worries , and one of tha services that GrindHouse is proud to offer , a strong customer support to answer any questions .

Here's some pics of our 3 generations were checking , 2 armed beautys' :

BX2

F3 gen.

Tang Tang line (BX1 1IX)

GP , I'm counting tha days with yas , and just as excited as you are .

Steele