What's new

Blue Sonja Test Grow

G

Guest 16149

Damn Growpuppet, they are looking real sweet :) Be catching up soon

abakedpotato

SO nice i wish i would have got a pack of those sonja i seen them today at hhc but i wanted to get more info on all the strains avialble i would love any PK cross beans but i had to ask several time for varieties availble and the showed me the blue sonja "$75", matanuska,i think $100., Kali mist,. AND when i keep asking for "what they had in the back and i ended up with sour bubble bx for $75 .....i hope it was the better choice those sonjas look SWEET!

The red hairs on the buds wasn't an accident. I managed to collect a small bit of pollen from one of the two males I pulled earlier. I used this to pollinate one bud each on Blue Sonja 1, 2 & 6 and two buds on Blue Sonja 3.

Day 44 - 12/12

Blue Sonja 1

Blue Sonja 2

Blue Sonja 3

Blue Sonja 6

If I understand my naming conventions correctly, these seeds will be Blue Sonja BX2 1IX.

G

guest3854

Abakedpotato , glad you were able to grab a pack of tha Sour Bubble . It is killer smoke fer tha night time , however , we prefer tha Blue Sonja , she carries a really "quality" high whereas my wife and I would describe tha Sour Bubble as "dirty" . It's all gonna boil down to needs . I must say that tha price is higher than agreed upon , however I can't control what others do .

GP , good deal pollinating fer future use . You are correct in terminology of what generation your beans will be . Those nugs look like they came from tha same plant :D

Piffington , nice of you to join us .

Real Supreme , stoked your enjoying tha show . GP , is doin a fantastic job .

Blaner , we'll be stopping by your threads .

Steele

All I can say is wow! Great job all! Great move on the seed growpuppet. They are some beauties for sure.

Just wanted to intro myself as I'm now in the loop with some Blue Sonya seed and will be adding to this thread (with your approval) and/or starting another grow thread.
5 seed went in yesterday so........ :wave:

abakedpotato

thanks Steel, good looking out i will grab those sonjas on my next trip , if you want i can report back Out Dough adventures with these test ladys , any sugeustions on witch of these HTC beans that are "Better" or more limeted ? any certian kind for indica lover?

.ps. b.o.g. and his jap vet rolling thruogh the cali coastal hills .....I hope he lives his dreams.

highroller said:
All I can say is wow! Great job all! Great move on the seed growpuppet. They are some beauties for sure.

Just wanted to intro myself as I'm now in the loop with some Blue Sonya seed and will be adding to this thread (with your approval) and/or starting another grow thread.
5 seed went in yesterday so........ :wave:

Feel free (anyone) to add your Blue Sonja BX2 grow related info/pics/posts to this thread.

The stretch has finally stopped on all the plants and the final heights are:

Blue Sonja 1 - 40" (102 cm)
Blue Sonja 2 - 25" (64 cm)
Blue Sonja 3 - 38" (97 cm)
Blue Sonja 6 - 35" (89 cm)

Day 47 - 12/12

Blue Sonja 1

Blue Sonja 2

Blue Sonja 3

Blue Sonja 6

The calyxes are starting to swell.

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
lookin frosty and healthy, growpuppet.

SS- nice work with these. I expect the best from your Sour Bubbles too. I'm flowering some of my own sour bubble knockoffs as we speak. This will be at least my 3rd time around with some version of sour bubble, and love the taste and stone every time. Seeing that you're focusing on these 2 varieties, I may have to try the Sonja as well. :chin:

I'll be checking back here to see these Sonjas finish up. :yes:

cc

Last edited:
G

Guest 16149

Damn Growpuppet

Frosty and dense :) Nice to see whats coming my way soon :) Keep up the good work, they look happy and healthy

G

guest3854

We still have acouple weeks left before tha chop . Doubtful our friend GrowPuppet will neglect reapin' shots , this guy already has well over 200 pics in this thread alone ! Nice work GP , you're work is invaluable to us , as there are folks watching your progress of how these beans grow out fer yas .

Again , thanks fer displaying them so well
Steele

Thanks for checking out the thread Eth, I won't forget the chop shots :)

Steele thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear this thread might be of use to people.

It seems like there are lots of test seeds given out by various breeders and damn few complete grow threads on these strains. I know when I'm trying a new strain I really like to be able to find a grow log about that strain that has lots of images of the plants in the various stages.

A thread that shows a seedling shot, one mid flower shot and a shitload of bud shots is NOT really a grow log imo, it's a bud shoot.

Day 51 - 12/12

Blue Sonja 1

Blue Sonja 2

You can't really see it in the picture but the main cola is kinda lopsided. The side that was facing the light is bulging out. I turned the plant around and will keep it that way for the rest of the flowering to try to even it out. I guess this shows if you have plants on the side of your garden you should turn them on a regular basis so all sides get an even amount of light.

Blue Sonja 3

This plant is in a smaller pot and the nutes are getting used up a bit quicker than the other pots. This is really causing the colors to start to come out on this plant.

Blue Sonja 6

You can see some light bleaching on the top of the main cola. It doesn't appear to be negatively affecting trich production in that area too much. It is strange because this plant is actually a couple inches lower and farther away than the taller ones.

Getting closer!!!!

G

guest3854

Yes indeed , I can smell 'em from here . Wondering what part of tha plant your 3 pic of BS plant 1 is on ? Looks like that hot mixed soil gave 'em a shot , eh ? Tha colors on #3 are beautiful , nice under skirt ! :D I'm lovin' tha structure of #6 though , looks like a super hit . What kinda hood you runnin' your 600 with , GP . Some peg harder to tha side , than down i.e. PL hoods and fo sho , tha Unifier , that thing pegs harder 2 feet out tha side than directly below itself !
If you'd give a description of aromas that are comin' off them girls ....

Steele

The third pic is the main cola. It just looks funky from the lighting, but actually it looks fine and is nice and green.

My hood is a Super Sun 2 which I run air cooled.

Smells, hm I'm not that good with descriptions, but I'll try. #2 and #6 have a 'fruity' (grapefruity leaning, not bb at this point). #1 and #3 have more just a a 'funky' smell at this point.

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
growpuppet said:
Thanks for checking out the thread Eth, I won't forget the chop shots :)

Steele thanks for the kind words. I'm glad to hear this thread might be of use to people.

It seems like there are lots of test seeds given out by various breeders and damn few complete grow threads on these strains. I know when I'm trying a new strain I really like to be able to find a grow log about that strain that has lots of images of the plants in the various stages.

A thread that shows a seedling shot, one mid flower shot and a shitload of bud shots is NOT really a grow log imo, it's a bud shoot.
i really hope we get to see you get to do some more test grows. you have tremendous skills and can do the genetics some real justice. :)

much respect :yes: