What's new

Blue Sonja Test Grow

G

guest3854

Nice , Nice ....Yeah these girls aren't known fer their yield but looks like your time was well spent . Keep 'em comin' . You hit any of that scissor hash ?

I never have scissor hash. I use fine tip scissors and don't get very much resin on the scissors, I really try to keep it on the plant haha.

I did make some bubble with the trim and tried a piece while it's drying and it's real sweet tasting stuff. I can't wait to try the buds!

G

guest3854

Yeah , nice job man . Way stoked fer yas . Nice easy trim job too . Made me proud bru , you really did do a bang up job , showing 'em to their potential ! No doubt you'll love tha head change . You got some nice sized colas , #1 looks like she had tha "freeway side ways slant" , doin tha gangsta lean , lol.
You remember how I was sayin to dry in a more humid condition with plenty of fan on em , makes fer a pliable dry and cure with perfect toke . That's how we do it here , maybe give it a shot sometime .
Look forward to your observations on tha grow and smoke report .
Can't say it enough , thanks fer takin' em to tha MAX , to tha end ....You'll be on
cloud 9 soon enough !

Steele

I made some bubble using the fresh frozen Blue Sonja trim. Here's a sample of the trim used.

Blue Sonja trim

Here's the bubble right after putting it on cardboard.

90μ

73μ

25μ

After all the bags are pulled, I run the water through the 25μ bag. That is what the frothy stuff is from.

All grades after a couple days drying

I ended up with a little more than 7 grams

I threw a Blue Sonja 1 and Blue Sonja 2 clone into flowering the other day. These will be grown in 5 gal containers instead of the 3 gal used last time.

Blue Sonja 1 Clone - Day 0 - 12/12

Blue Sonja 2 Clone - Day 0 - 12/12

I won't update as extensively with the clones, but will post an occasional picture of them while they flower so we can see how the clone growth differs from seed growth.

I don't have a final weight yet, the main cola's are still drying.

I consolidated the small buds down to 2 trays while drying.

Here are some closeups of some of the smaller buds.

Once the larger colas are done I will post some pics of those and try to give a smoke report sometime after that.

PAGreen

Beautiful grow. It's really nice to see how these are going to turn out. I know you spoke briefly on this before growpuppet, but you said you use hot soil, and you have only used miracle grow in water mixtures? Is that what you used this time? What exactly was in your soil to begin with?

G

guest3854

PAGreen , I believe GP was sayin' he used a hot soil with amendments he mixed in himself and watered with nute free water . And true to tha description , finished in 'bout 70 days (69)

Endless , I agree , they turned out NICE ....

Sleepy , I was rappin' with GP , he was sayin' it was some of tha most aromatic water hash he's produced ... lovely .

Can't wait to hear your take on how she smokes fer yas GP .

Sonja beans are ripening up quickly folks , we'll have some down in tha Bay and at SBay here pretty soon :D

Steele

G

OK, I bet I could go in the Guiness Book of World Records right now...

Category - Largest Appetite for Bud Goodness :pimp3:

I haven't hit a bud in years man and after reading your Into Thread SS and now drooled so heavily all over my keyboard and monitor, thanks to your grow thread GP I'm never ever gonna get to sleep lol

I'm building my growroom and will continue to wait for my first harvest before I taste anything THC. I do live for a great head high and as it's looking to me, this BS is gonna make the wait worthwhile.

Thanks for the show GP and SS.

PAGreen

Is hot soil not soil with too many nutrients/fertilizers in it to begin with? Was there a brand that was purchased pre-mixed? Did you mix it yourself GP? And did you use miracle grow with this crop? I'm asking to get a feel for the strain itself, and performance under different conditions. Ultimately, it would be great to see the Blue Sonya grown organically for a true comparison and understanding.

G

guest3854

GP is on vac. fer a couple more days . I can tell you he did NOT use Miracle Grow . He was watering with plain , nute free water and mixed his OWN "hot" soil with amendments . This was on organic grow . No synthetic ferts were used ....
I don't think too many people use Miracle grow ........

Steele

G

Sep me.............

That goes along with my HUGE compost pile every year!
THe greatest tasting weed i have smoked is mine........
Plus i always flush a good MONTH!!
Trick is go very light everytime you water,im mean a teaspoon per gallon.
most folks burn the shit outa plants though?

Good grow and pic array! :headbange

Last edited: