What's new

Blue Sat 2.2 (freebies) grow

S

Space Ghost

it should be ok as long as I can keep the damn squirrels from peeing in it... two smokes, let's go...

silver hawaiian

Veteran
SG! Long time

Happy to see you rockin' the BS 2.2's .. Just got 30 of 'em. Not sure when they're gonna crack..

So glad to see a sort of test-run before my eyes, especially from a dude like you :respect:

S

Space Ghost

SG! Long time

Happy to see you rockin' the BS 2.2's .. Just got 30 of 'em. Not sure when they're gonna crack..

So glad to see a sort of test-run before my eyes, especially from a dude like you :respect:

30 should be enough to find a real gem and a stud and do some further exploration...

Thanks for the kind words....

It's always good to see ya around...

:tiphat:SG

Hank Hemp

Veteran
4 of 5 of my freebies broke dirt. Heck they're several yrs old. I store then in their bag in a tiny plastic cup and put them in the veggie crisper. Mine have last 3 or 4 yrs. That mutant looks like what I grow now daze and I don't mean that in a good way. But maybe it'll those little killer nugs I mentioned earlier. Not as confident now. What do you say?

Last edited:
S

Space Ghost

That mutant looks like what I grow now daze and I don't mean that in a good way. But maybe it'll those little killer nugs I mentioned earlier.

So your "daze" looks shitty? or is a real low yielder? Didn't really understand this statement...

Congrats on the good germ rate for old seeds...

Im not expecting a huge haul or anything, just hunting for a decent mom, so lots of small killer nugs would make me happy... I'm only using 272watts of cfl's after all, so im not expecting a bumper crop...

Have a good day hank!

SG

S

Space Ghost

day 11 flowering

day 11 flowering

group:

picture.php

Close up on the non-mutated plants:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

No real smell to speak of so far...

But they are doing their thing...

SG

nephrosis

Question, is your blue sat orig? or better question is blueberry related to blue sat in any way? and if so i would love to know... I really like the potential and look of that strain...

BTW: im thinking of building a cfl fixture with 6 68w cfls 2700k for next grow along with my hps. have you had any luck on using a CFL with a hps?? i know i can look for other peoples but i want your opinion.

Besides that those babies are lookin good!

S

Space Ghost

MUTANT!

MUTANT!

picture.php

^^^a pretty fugly plant imo, but could be some proper smoke

TOPS:

picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy!

SG

S

Space Ghost

Question, is your blue sat orig? or better question is blueberry related to blue sat in any way? and if so i would love to know... I really like the potential and look of that strain...

BTW: im thinking of building a cfl fixture with 6 68w cfls 2700k for next grow along with my hps. have you had any luck on using a CFL with a hps?? i know i can look for other peoples but i want your opinion.

Besides that those babies are lookin good!

Blue sat 2.2 is a blueberry sativa female crossed with a (sweet pink grapefruit x blueberry indica) male, and then the progeny of that cross were "f2'ed", in essence, a cross of the best female and male produced by the initial cross... So blue sat 2.2 is mostly blueberry...

Cfl's + hps will work fine, but does the increased production justify the extra energy being used? That's something you'll have to figure out with experimentation...

I would position the cfl's lower on the plants and let the hps deal with the main cola production...

Thanks again for the kind words!

SG

S

Space Ghost

Just gave them a heavy feeding (well, heavy for them)

This post is just for my notes....

More pix in the next few days, they are really doin the do now...

nephrosis

Blue sat 2.2 is a blueberry sativa female crossed with a (sweet pink grapefruit x blueberry indica) male, and then the progeny of that cross were "f2'ed", in essence, a cross of the best female and male produced by the initial cross... So blue sat 2.2 is mostly blueberry...

Cfl's + hps will work fine, but does the increased production justify the extra energy being used? That's something you'll have to figure out with experimentation...

I would position the cfl's lower on the plants and let the hps deal with the main cola production...

Thanks again for the kind words!

SG

Shweeett i didnt know there was a BB sativa/indica! i love learning new stuff from professionals! And i totaly understand what your talking about with production and what not... I just wanted 1 finished grow/harvest so i can be satisfied and ramp up production. Iv been talking to my wifes dad and he wants to get that Hilux bulb next week then another 600w.

Whats your take on monster cropping? Have you had any luck with it? and if so hook it up with some details!! lol :p im planning on going 6 monsters next grow to maximize my space.

Your little muty is looking pretty SiCk! hows the smell?? your buds of the non mutants resemble my BB very much so. Cant wait till you harvest yours!

S

Space Ghost

Shweeett i didnt know there was a BB sativa/indica! i love learning new stuff from professionals! And i totaly understand what your talking about with production and what not... I just wanted 1 finished grow/harvest so i can be satisfied and ramp up production. Iv been talking to my wifes dad and he wants to get that Hilux bulb next week then another 600w.

Whats your take on monster cropping? Have you had any luck with it? and if so hook it up with some details!! lol :p im planning on going 6 monsters next grow to maximize my space.

Your little muty is looking pretty SiCk! hows the smell?? your buds of the non mutants resemble my BB very much so. Cant wait till you harvest yours!

Yeah, there is the the BB indica which is most common, but there is a fairly rare thai (sativa) leaning pheno in the line...

Monster cropping is nice but take a lot of time (which is the name of the game) I greatly prefer the mother/clone route, that way you don't have to worry about trimming roots (which makes me weary) but for you (if you didn't take clones) monster cropping is a viable option, it's just a matter of how long the re-veg will take...

If you plan on doing 6 plants next round, I'd recommend bigger containers >5gal and a lot of low stress training and super cropping/topping to promote a shit ton of top to help yield and even out the canopy...

The smell on the mutant I have finally pinpointed, it's the tootsie pop with the blue wrapper (minus the choco in the middle) dead on, but it seems like it changes slightly day by day... so who knows?

My early flowering plants may look like your right now, but that will likely change as flowering continues as just about every indica dom strain like about like that at 2-3 weeks, granted mine are only 13-14 days in...

I can't wait for harvest either... We should be finishing up around the same time, give or take...

What are you feeding yours? just out of curiosity...

peace, :tiphat: SG

nephrosis

This is what im feeding my babies, i gave them the potting soil untill flowering. and when i changed it to flowering i only put in 3/4ths of the fert it told me to just because i dont like flushing out the soil with the fungi in it.

All i litteraly do is water them 2-3 times a week and thats it. I only put in the fert ONCE and nothing more. I MIGHT put more fert in the buckets but idk, if they look good in the next 2-3 weeks then i might just wait on fert. but if it looks like they need more nuts within 3 weeks then ill add a very little. im planning on getting 20 gal pots or something bigger then 10, do you think i should transplant them now? or just wait for next grow? either way idc

Latest posts

Latest posts